Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have one and it is good as long as you connect it via usb. getting it to work over the network seems to require some arcane ritual that randomly needs to be reset. also i had to reset everything to install a new toner cartridge??

other than that a+++++++ would buy for $50 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

i have one and it is good as long as you connect it via usb. getting it to work over the network seems to require some arcane ritual

nah you just plug it into your airport express

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Endless Mike posted:

i have one and it is good as long as you connect it via usb. getting it to work over the network seems to require some arcane ritual
Mine worked fine via Ethernet but connecting it to Wifi was a real pain in the rear end for some reason.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sniep posted:

and a cd-rom drive

hm, the last time I used one of those was maybe 2010 so I don't really care. however in the past year I have used:

magsafe not pulling my laptop off the desk
USB-A plugs
SD card reader

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

C.H.O.M.E posted:

hm, the last time I used one of those was maybe 2010 so I don't really care. however in the past year I have used:

USB-A plugs
SD card reader

i think you lack courage my friend

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

C.H.O.M.E posted:

USB-A plugs
SD card reader

nice corner case

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mishaq posted:

i think you lack courage my friend

why would you say that

he didn't say he used headphones

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

a printer that just works is something not even apple can figure out

they did its called AirPrint and its good

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

C.H.O.M.E posted:

USB-A plugs
SD card reader

i got one word for you, pal: dongle

here, i'll throw in two of these (a pair of listicles always complements a nice dongle)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

a printer that just works is something not even apple can figure out

yeah they should come up with some sort of common unix printing system so non garbage printers work without giant driver download

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

(a pair of listicles always complements a nice dongle)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i got one word for you, pal: dongle

here, i'll throw in two of these (a pair of listicles always complements a nice dongle)

fart fart faaaaaart

ufarn
May 30, 2009
amazing

https://twitter.com/daringfireball/status/798371202293178368

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
O brother where art thou toner

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the new keyboard is os fantastic

ufarn
May 30, 2009
to type silently, please use the touch bar exclusively

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

emoji-based programming is the road back to relevance for apl

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the most apple thing: selling a 300USD book of pictures of apple products

Running out of Christmas ideas for that diehard Apple fan in your life? Well, how about a $299 coffee table book filled with 450 photographs of Apple products. The iPhone-maker unveiled just such a tome today, announcing that the book will go on sale tomorrow at Apple.com and in select Apple retail stores. It’s a hardcover edition, bound in linen, and is available in two sizes: $199 for a smaller 10.20" x 12.75" version, and $299 for a larger 13" x 16.25" edition. The book is simply titled Designed by Apple in California — a name that somehow manages to be both humble and incredibly pretentious at the same time.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
imagined the profit margins if apple made digital books

shame timb loves printers so much and went paper-only

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
that book is stupid expensive but I can only see it increasing in value

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Blue Train posted:

Running out of Christmas ideas for that diehard Apple fan in your life? Well, how about a $299 coffee table book filled with 450 photographs of Apple products. The iPhone-maker unveiled just such a tome today, announcing that the book will go on sale tomorrow at Apple.com and in select Apple retail stores. It’s a hardcover edition, bound in linen, and is available in two sizes: $199 for a smaller 10.20" x 12.75" version, and $299 for a larger 13" x 16.25" edition. The book is simply titled Designed by Apple in California — a name that somehow manages to be both humble and incredibly pretentious at the same time.

holy cow

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Perplx posted:

that book is stupid expensive but I can only see it increasing in value

oh poo poo, i'm buying 10

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Blue Train posted:

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkskY9bL9Bk&hd=1

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/798533854168367104

lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mario run looks good

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

agreed. i will probably get it. it is developed by nintendo, yeah? not shuttled off to some scrub third party?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Last Chance posted:

agreed. i will probably get it. it is developed by nintendo, yeah? not shuttled off to some scrub third party?

surely someone has an uncle with insider information

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Blue Train posted:

lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'll take an advertisement for $300, alex

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Last Chance posted:

yeah, nintendo is developing it internally

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
$5 in app purchase for the ability to stop running

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Blue Train posted:

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my loving god the book is actually real

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
guys didn't you watch the video? that book is dedicated to steve jobs (pbuh), show some respect

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/hunterwalk/status/798561375249309697

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:vince:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
just realized he deletes his tweets so here's a link for posterity https://tweetsave.com/hunterwalk/status/798561375249309697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ahahah Apple is toast

• Locked thread