Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

So for melting Crystals, I get that you melt commons into Comp gifts, but what about the Radiant and Glowing? Also are Weapon Gifts still the overall most reliable gift across all the comps? (I know Courting are worthless)

EDIT: And what should I do with my Warzone Comms? Is tehre another way to get to Odessan other than buying the transport ticket?

Glowing can get you Exotic Isotope Stabilisers from the Odessen vendor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aleth posted:

Glowing can get you Exotic Isotope Stabilisers from the Odessen vendor.

I'd the patch today the one changing all the crystals?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

I'd the patch today the one changing all the crystals?

No, KOTET is still a ways away

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
So is soloing your way through the non-solo flash points like Esseles with a high level companion doable?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

So is soloing your way through the non-solo flash points like Esseles with a high level companion doable?

Esseles does have a solo mode though. You have to start it at the entrance to the actual FP, which is Fleet -> Coruscant Departures talk to the quest giver there in the case of Esseles.

But yes I've solo'd all Tacticals and 2-manned nearly all the HM's in 4.0.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

No, KOTET is still a ways away

2 weeks my friend, getting close!

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I dunno if it's possible for the 40-50 affection companions, but I tried Athiss once with a 32-level healer T7 and I got past only one boss. The adds were just too numerous for me to deal with on the second.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Airspace posted:

I dunno if it's possible for the 40-50 affection companions, but I tried Athiss once with a 32-level healer T7 and I got past only one boss. The adds were just too numerous for me to deal with on the second.

Some specs are vastly easier than others as well...Madness, Annihilation, Darkness, Immortal, and Lethality are the best specs for soloing.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It is dooable, but i found the brown sea of pubbies was mostly ok for the non solo, i had one truly bad experience but got through the rest in a day or two of playing, wait for one to ragequit then whip out the companion.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

How hard is 'Complete round 5 of Eternal Championship with a DvL character' to do, don't think I will get Champion Level done but that is all I will have left for Eternal level once I get my rep char to 65.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fried Sushi posted:

How hard is 'Complete round 5 of Eternal Championship with a DvL character' to do, don't think I will get Champion Level done but that is all I will have left for Eternal level once I get my rep char to 65.

You can have a friend help you so it's simple.

And remember you have to do Champion to do Eternal

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The first five rounds are pretty straightforward, particularly if you have a high level companion. Round six is the first real ballbreaker.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Medullah posted:

You can have a friend help you so it's simple.

And remember you have to do Champion to do Eternal

Oh I didn't know you had to do Champion first, doubt I will get that done by the 29th with my available playtime, doubt I would have used the companion much anyway so not a big deal.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Is it worth it to organize a plague circle to kill each other for DvL?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

dreffen posted:

Probably not, infecting pubbies is really easy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dreffen posted:

If you have the bracelet that lets you go upstairs on the fleet, you can walk along the edge up there and jump down on people who've just used their fleet passes. First time I tried it, I got all five I needed. (Haven't gotten that lucky since, though.)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

prefect posted:

If you have the bracelet that lets you go upstairs on the fleet, you can walk along the edge up there and jump down on people who've just used their fleet passes. First time I tried it, I got all five I needed. (Haven't gotten that lucky since, though.)

To be specific, wait until you infection is in phase 2, and your death from falling will cause you to explode. On Republic fleet (and Imperial to an extent) it is very easy to drop down from the VIP area and kill yourself with falling damage on top of where people spawn in to fleet and idle. If you have the digital special edition you can get the VIP bracelet in the mail on any character, or you can spend 1,000,000 credits to get it on one character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I got 19 people at ones time once when I was going for the "infect 50 people" achievement. :smug:

I posted in Discord, but it looks like I won't be home in time for Hard Mode fun tonight. :(

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When are we gonna do stuff together as a family again?

I wish they'd implement cross-faction raids because I like several of my Republic characters better than their Imp equivalents now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

When are we gonna do stuff together as a family again?

I wish they'd implement cross-faction raids because I like several of my Republic characters better than their Imp equivalents now.

Right now everyone is either taking a break or grinding DvL for the most part.

I would love it if we could get enough people for a weekly raid, even if it's an easy story mode raid, once 5.0 drops. Just never can seem to get enough people interested for any length of time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why are Flashpoints so long, and why is there so much trash? I suppose I shouldn't complain because it's helping me grind to 65, but still... :negative:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

I would love it if we could get enough people for a weekly raid, even if it's an easy story mode raid, once 5.0 drops. Just never can seem to get enough people interested for any length of time.

In! Can tank pub side and will get my imp dps to max level in about a day at this pace...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

howe_sam posted:

Why are Flashpoints so long, and why is there so much trash? I suppose I shouldn't complain because it's helping me grind to 65, but still... :negative:

I've tried a few since coming back to the game but haven't finished any. So much padding, not worth it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I'd be up for it but you usually end up having to run it at a godawfully late hour for me, being in Britland and all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I only just got to DK and already got my new SI to 22. This XP thing is awesome, holy poo poo. Who needs story campaigns?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

howe_sam posted:

You really don't have to do Flashpoints to get to 65 :)

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dalris Othaine posted:

You really don't have to do Flashpoints to get to 65 :)

You have to do them to get the full set of exp armor though if you're running DvL.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Prepare to claim the throne and seize your destiny"

These people really don't want to be writing an MMO do they.

Everything in that sentence runs counter to how these games work.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

"Prepare to claim the throne and seize your destiny"

These people really don't want to be writing an MMO do they.

Everything in that sentence runs counter to how these games work.

Sounds a lot like double entendre if you stretch just a liiiiiiiitle bit.

Edit: also I love my Smuggler and I love kicking dudes balls with my Smuggler.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I think it's more likely they're exactly the kind of people who want to be writing vidyas but have absolutely zero business doing so. Like freshman creative lit students, or fanfic authors.

Yeah I'm sure you like writing, but you're not any good at it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Like most game writers they'd probably much rather be writing films or failing that bad tie-in novels for films (does Drew Karpyshynn still work on this game?).

edit: I had no idea how fast Troopers murder their way through levels.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 16, 2016

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Like most game writers they'd probably much rather be writing films or failing that bad tie-in novels for films (does Drew Karpyshynn still work on this game?).

edit: I had no idea how fast Troopers murder their way through levels.

Karpyshynn unfortunately came back for these expansions if I'm not mistaken. There was a lot of nice subtlety in KOTOR.

I'm sure I'm in the minority saying this but KOTOR II suffered in part from being a Chris Avellone joint. It felt like a copy paste job from Planescape Torment. And I'm saying that as a huge Obsidian fan. I think I like Josh Sawyer's work on New Vegas more than most of Avellone's stuff. Had a nice human element to it.

Anyway the SWTOR lore is kind of crap as a result of having been written by Karpyshynn. There were so many more imaginative ways to have taken the story based on what they were laying down in the first two. Instead it got reduced to a giant Revan fanfic.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Chickenwalker posted:

Karpyshynn unfortunately came back for these expansions if I'm not mistaken. There was a lot of nice subtlety in KOTOR.

I'm sure I'm in the minority saying this but KOTOR II suffered in part from being a Chris Avellone joint. It felt like a copy paste job from Planescape Torment. And I'm saying that as a huge Obsidian fan. I think I like Josh Sawyer's work on New Vegas more than most of Avellone's stuff. Had a nice human element to it.

Anyway the SWTOR lore is kind of crap as a result of having been written by Karpyshynn. There were so many more imaginative ways to have taken the story based on what they were laying down in the first two. Instead it got reduced to a giant Revan fanfic.

I've long felt that the writing for SWTOR was more conducive to a single player or co-op game. So many choices and directions just feel like they would've played out better that way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've long felt that the writing for SWTOR was more conducive to a single player or co-op game. So many choices and directions just feel like they would've played out better that way.

The game has always been a single player game with some MMO aspects mixed in. It's only been since KOTFE that they fully embraced it. Shadow of Revan started it with the expansion being able to be done completely solo.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

The game has always been a single player game with some MMO aspects mixed in. It's only been since KOTFE that they fully embraced it. Shadow of Revan started it with the expansion being able to be done completely solo.

Still would've played better with it being an edition for each of the classes singly. I'd be all over a Sith Warrior version, a Smuggler version and an Imperial Agent version.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Check out my video review of KOTOR 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLbz4vMG0iE

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I can't wait until my character sits on the Eternal Throne and can...

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

sassassin posted:

I can't wait until my character sits on the Eternal Throne and can...

...tell Scorpio to loving do one, after I gave her all those loving companion gifts and everything.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Scorpio needed more [Flirt] options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ship Ratings: Agent > Trooper > Jedi > Warrior > that giant piece of poo poo in KOTFE

• Locked thread