Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.shonenjump.com/vote_shokugeki/ The popularity poll's up if anyone wants to submit a vote. Google translate works well enough for the form, just click the red button, click the bottom of the two options at the top of the form the button opens up (unless you have a valid Japanese address and also want an anime blanket for some reason), and put in an e-mail, age and gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

https://www.shonenjump.com/vote_shokugeki/ The popularity poll's up if anyone wants to submit a vote. Google translate works well enough for the form, just click the red button, click the bottom of the two options at the top of the form the button opens up (unless you have a valid Japanese address and also want an anime blanket for some reason), and put in an e-mail, age and gender.

How can I trust this is real if it doesn't want to know my blood type?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/192/3812/1

Chapter is up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

New chapter!

Rindou a troll. Others a worst. What was predicted to happen will happen, but it looks like it's earlier than expected. So Souma, Megumi and Takumi are going to try and steal seats. The currently missing/unknown ones are 3rd, 7th, 8th, and 9th with Eizan taking one of those (other than 9th as Hayama was in that seat). Of course, that'd only give them four seats and Rindou would be #5 because she'd do it for fun

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Xelkelvos posted:

New chapter!

Rindou a troll. Others a worst. What was predicted to happen will happen, but it looks like it's earlier than expected. So Souma, Megumi and Takumi are going to try and steal seats. The currently missing/unknown ones are 3rd, 7th, 8th, and 9th with Eizan taking one of those (other than 9th as Hayama was in that seat). Of course, that'd only give them four seats and Rindou would be #5 because she'd do it for fun

Kuga will hear about this plan and join in, and they'll probably reach out to the other former seats who didn't vote in Azami.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
After reading this chapter, I now regret not voting for Rindou in the poll :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

New chapter!

Watch as Mimasaka shows up out of nowhere to crush Eizan for his seat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

THIS IS AIDS

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh noooooooo

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Rindou :allears:

Alice :ohdear:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i will avenge alice.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As much as it pains me to write this, I think it's official: Rindou BEST GIRL. :allears:

Also, Erina being all :black101: “Outta my way” was rad as can be.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Alice and her dog losing is bullshit. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Alice and her dog losing is bullshit. :colbert:

Worse still, whoever they lost to didn't have seat 1-5 before Azami showed up.

They either lost to one of the second years or just jobbed to one of the newbies. :(

Wark Say posted:

As much as it pains me to write this, I think it's official: Rindou BEST GIRL. :allears:

Also, Erina being all :black101: “Outta my way” was rad as can be.

Erina and Rindou were great this chapter.

Erina running so fast she didn't even notice her hair got messed up :3:

This should be a really good chance for Megumi and Takumi to get some development, which I think might be the intention of eliminating every rebel but this group of 4 temporarily because this is absolutely not sticking for long (and neither is Azami, most likely).

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Pretty bullshit that Alice and Kurokiba lost.

However, Rindou still remains absolutely amazing.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Chapter summary: Rindou gonna Rindou.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Hopefully this means more deliquient queen Megumi. And this just cements Rindou as the best part of this series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Worse still, whoever they lost to didn't have seat 1-5 before Azami showed up.

They either lost to one of the second years or just jobbed to one of the newbies. :(

This should be a really good chance for Megumi and Takumi to get some development, which I think might be the intention of eliminating every rebel but this group of 4 temporarily because this is absolutely not sticking for long (and neither is Azami, most likely).

They probably lost to a Second Year and given that both Takumi and Megumi were up against the same person, it's not as though they couldn't have also face a Third year other than Rindou as well.

Takumi really needs the development though. Megumi got a bit of time to shine during the tournament while Takumi sorta got jobbed by Mimisaka.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

They probably lost to a Second Year and given that both Takumi and Megumi were up against the same person, it's not as though they couldn't have also face a Third year other than Rindou as well.

Takumi really needs the development though. Megumi got a bit of time to shine during the tournament while Takumi sorta got jobbed by Mimisaka.

There actually weren't any other available third years that we know of, Tsukasa was against Isami, Momo defeated Ikumi, and Somei was against Hisako.

Also Tsukasa against Isami is still probably the most hilariously lopsided match I think we'll ever get in this series. I really wish it could even get a page or two summarizing the whole thing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sonata Mused posted:

Pretty bullshit that Alice and Kurokiba lost.

If Japan wasn't so drat far away, I'd totally take to the streets to protest this injustice.

#アリスがよみがえります

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

There actually weren't any other available third years that we know of, Tsukasa was against Isami, Momo defeated Ikumi, and Somei was against Hisako.

Also Tsukasa against Isami is still probably the most hilariously lopsided match I think we'll ever get in this series. I really wish it could even get a page or two summarizing the whole thing.

I meant that it may have not been 1v1s like Souma had and could've been 2v1 or something like with Rindou.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we have lost the superior nakiri

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Messy hair eruna was supremely cute on the other hand

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If only we got stuff like this 191 chapters ago we would've actually you know liked Erina from the start like the author intended

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I always liked Erina, and never got the hate thrown her way. Sure, she wasn't as great as Alice, but who is? And would Alice be as good without her cousin to bounce off?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MonsieurChoc posted:

I always liked Erina, and never got the hate thrown her way. Sure, she wasn't as great as Alice, but who is? And would Alice be as good without her cousin to bounce off?

Alice is great just like A is A. In a vacuum or compared to others, she's great.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
What I don't get is why there's so much love for Rindou. She's just a bitch who's motivation during all of this is "it amused me" without any regard for how it will impact anyone around her. I can't wait for her to get demolished by Megumi.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rindou owns because she is both:

a) a cat
b) a vampire
c) also a lizard

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rindou is interesting because she is the second best cook at the school, but we have never seen her cook. likewise, she enjoys food without prejudice about its source or price, but she joined with the idiotic food elitist faction.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kuroyama posted:

What I don't get is why there's so much love for Rindou. She's just a bitch who's motivation during all of this is "it amused me" without any regard for how it will impact anyone around her. I can't wait for her to get demolished by Megumi.

Shes funny and adorable.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

KoB posted:

Shes funny and adorable.

Yep.

Also while I agree that Kurokiba and Alice losing was BS, I do like the direction the arc is taking. Bend the system to their will is a much better plot hook than oh boy how will the food nazis screw over the heroes this time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
agreed. plus, it means we get to see megumi smash her way into the elite 10. what's more, she will probably go after the number 10 spot which means megumi vs eizan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Everyone but Souma losing (Megumi and Takumi don't really count) kinda makes sense, given that they were again legit elite 10 members instead of another freshman who was just admitted to take the place of missing members.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Alice losing sucks because we likely won't see her as part of the comeback (I'd much prefer her to Takumi), but honestly I love where this is going.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Alice losing is the worst thing to happen after a very bad arc.

Tiramisu fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 18, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Clarste posted:

Alice losing sucks because we likely won't see her as part of the comeback (I'd much prefer her to Takumi), but honestly I love where this is going.

I'm kind of disappointed that the entire Mezzaluna thing has effectively been dropped. That was a cool knife, and he's worse off for not using it anymore.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
On the one hand, noooo Alice

On the other hand, my girl Megumi's gonna steal a Seat, I'm okay with this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Compendium posted:

On the other hand, my girl Megumi's gonna steal a Seat, I'm okay with this.

:aaa:

I didn't even think about that. Wow, Megumi an elite ten member.

Bring it on

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

KoB posted:

Shes funny and adorable.

She's also clearly going to switch sides at a pivotal moment because its more fun that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

agreed. plus, it means we get to see megumi smash her way into the elite 10. what's more, she will probably go after the number 10 spot which means megumi vs eizan.

Erina was number 10. (And may still be) Eizan was 9 but given that Hayama became 9, it's likely all the current ones moved up to fill in the ranks. Eizan would be 6 in that case.