Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I am currently partner to an alcoholic woman. Some background is required I suppose: She grew up in a vastly different background than me, chock full of terrible neglect, mental illness and sexual abuse. I grew up in a relatively stable household aside from an alcoholic bipolar father who, for the most part, was functional and loving. She struggles with OCD and depression and anxiety. This is not to say I don't have my own problems - I readily admit that I have my own mental illness and that I struggle a lot with anxiety and conflict avoidance. I have a few university degrees under my belt, she has her GED. She is a kind, funny, smart person and has several qualities that I find endearing.

I love her. I love her more than I could have ever imagined. I was initially put off by her alcoholism and her mental illness (I do have a history of having partners who are not healthy for me) but I found myself falling more and more from her as time passed. I tried to fight it given what I saw but I was so miserable doing so, it really felt like I was suffocating. Long story short, we have been together for 3 years now.

Overall, I would say that our relationship is volatile a lot of the time. She has been too depressed to work, so she spends the majority of her time sleeping. I work a full time, 40 hours a week job, and come home to make us a meal and to clean. I leave for work at about 8 am and do not stop until about 9 pm at night sometimes. I am very tired a lot and struggle with her addiction issues, as they directly impact my health and wellbeing.

She has tried to go to rehab and it stuck for about 2 months before she relapsed. Since then, her sleep cycle has become increasingly messed up. She is awake all night but sleeps all day, whereas I am awake all day and have to sleep at about 12 am or 1 am to really feel rested the next day and do my job properly. I am essentially supporting us both right now so I view that sleep as extremely important.

My confession is that I am always afraid she is cheating on me with her ex-wife and I am so at a loss to try and figure out what to do.

Their relationship was physically violent and emotionally terrible, I was around for it and watched it from the sidelines. It really did a number on her mental health and she has found it hard to really let it all go. She has this basic sense that she should have the last word or some sort of explanation, and it isn't possible because her ex-wife is a complete prick and won't give her any sort of closure or admit fault. There was a brief moment when we were together that her ex-wife came back around and was messing with her while dating another girl. They had sex and it devastated me, as I have never had someone cheat on me like that. For a while after, there was secretive texting (including some comments about me) and the sending of pictures. I found them because I am not an idiot and called her out on it and she blocked every contact she had with the ex-wife. Her ex eventually backed off and moved away and my partner chose to be with me after sending me long messages about how I was her everything, that I was so caring and loving, etc.

Things were hard for a while. There were repeated instances of her talking to her ex, including one instance where she actually came by. It is a very unhealthy dynamic between them and it really screws up my partner emotionally. She gets very angry or very sad, becomes withdrawn, and sometimes becomes hateful towards me if she is drunk. I didn't trust her and I still struggle with it. I got her to block her ex because it really does gently caress up our relationship when she is involved - if not for my jealousy and worry, then because it screws with my partner deeply emotionally.

But recently with her screwed up sleep schedule and with me working 8 hours a day, I have begun to feel really paranoid. She assures me she hasn't reached out to her, but I can't quite believe it. I wonder what she does all night while I sleep next to her. She is always on her phone or tablet, and sometimes I wake up and she is very snappy at me, wanting me to go back to sleep. When she is drunk it is 10x worse. If she is drunk and takes pills it is 100x worse.

I checked her phone. I shouldn't have, but I also do not police my own phone - I have nothing to hide. I have no code on it. I tell her all the time to check my phone if she really wants to. So I feel unnerved that she has her phone passworded. I recognize that a lot of people have coded phones - it doesn't mean anything - but given our history, I am nervous. It eats at me. It plays on loop inside my brain. So I checked it recently when she was passed out drunk and found that the ex's e-mail addresses are gone. She unblocked her e-mail addresses.

Since then I have been struggling. I feel like I am screaming inside. I have no proof of any wrongdoing, I should just let it go, but the past can repeat itself and with everything going on and the stress of our situation, I worry she is talking to her or has even seen her. Maybe hooked up. If that happened, I would be gone in an instant. But I do love her and it hurts so deeply to think she might be starting up with her ex again after all I have done, after all I have given and worked on and tried for. Why would you choose someone who beat you until bones broke, called you a whore almost every day, lied to you constantly about loving other women.......over an average, normal, somewhat well-adjusted (perhaps not, reading back, lol) woman who wants merely to live and thrive and have a family.

There is no real answer to my problem aside from shut up and trust her, or sever sever sever. But I needed to confess it somewhere, so it is real and out there, otherwise it just constantly rings inside my head.

Thanks.

quote:

I need to keep this confession anonymous to protect the innocent (in my opinion).

My wife is a teacher. She mostly works with very bright kids. I've met a lot of them. They're hard-working, kind and and wickedly smart.

She came home the day after the election and told me about a student who came to her in tears because his parents are here illegally and he's terrified they'll be deported. It broke my heart and I can't talk about it with anyone because I don't want to be the reason something terrible happens to his family.

Thanks for listening, goons.

My wife works at a school in Whiteville, White Haven, MA (not the town's real name) and the kids there are all super anxious too so I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a kid who actually has something to lose here :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why didn't you just say "a town in MA"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

So your partner, who is a substance-abusing deadbeat, has cheated on you before, and has maintained contact with the person that she cheated on you with, has become combative and emotionally distant and hides all of her communications from you?

Not only are you sacrificing your time, money, and sanity for this woman, she is rewarding you with maybe a couple hours of icy interaction a day.

Whether or not she is actually cheating (extremely likely) is not relevant, and you should not feel like you need proof of it to move forward. You sound miserable. You do not have to live like this.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

quote:

If that happened, I would be gone in an instant. But I do love her and it hurts so deeply to think she might be starting up with her ex again after all I have done, after all I have given and worked on and tried for.

No, you wouldn't. Or you already would have.

It's amazing how often you get these stories of people working hand with their jobs then coming home and having to do all the housework and cooking every day. I don't know how someone gets into that situation unless they've decided they're going to do it, because it's an entirely voluntary one.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

cucked by gay wife, the most gbs thing ever

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Not a Children posted:

You sound miserable. You do not have to live like this.

Pretend I quoted this like 20 times because this is all that matters. Even if your wife isn't cheating, her life is a disaster and it will never improve. You need to admit that to yourself and realize that your life will be awful as long as you are with her.

You may love her, but love alone is not sufficient to sustain a marriage. Marriage is about giving from both sides, and you are the only one giving here. You aren't in a real partnership and it's time you put an end to it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Marmaduke! posted:

I don't know how someone gets into that situation unless they've decided they're going to do it, because it's an entirely voluntary one.

quote:

I grew up . . . [with] an alcoholic bipolar father
That's how. Time for AlAnon and ACA!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Confessor seemed to be a woman too, check near the end

gay cuck, hosed-up if true

At any rate I agree with others, regardless of whether actual cheating is occurring, the presence of the ex is toxic as all poo poo and it doesn't sound like she's gonna cut her out, and you've got an uphill-as-gently caress battle ahead of you to make her functional even if she does cut her out and even if that lasts this time. And I really don't think it's worth it. Get out while you can.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that confession seriously is just cuck i'm gay lol

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Can you imagine the conversations he has with his wife about the ex?
"Darling, please stop seeing your ex. I love you."
"Okay whatever. Trust me."
two months later.
"Darling I saw that you've been texting your ex."
"So what."
"Please don't do that. For me. For us."
"Okay whatever."
...two weeks later.
"Darling why did your ex come to the house yesterday? And why are you still emailing her? You said you'd stop."
"You don't understand. And what're you gonna do about it?"
"But, please... I love you..."
"Go away."
Continue ad infinitum.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
At this point I'd suggest a threesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111418/

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope she stays in that relationship forever, always blaming herself for not loving her gf well enough for her to stop seeing her ex. Sweet Jesus I hate doormats.

KomodoWagon fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 15, 2016

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

The Management posted:

Pretend I quoted this like 20 times because this is all that matters. Even if your wife isn't cheating, her life is a disaster and it will never improve. You need to admit that to yourself and realize that your life will be awful as long as you are with her.

You may love her, but love alone is not sufficient to sustain a marriage. Marriage is about giving from both sides, and you are the only one giving here. You aren't in a real partnership and it's time you put an end to it.

Non-Anon and hoping it helps this anon goon.
So... I've actually been there. Not the cucked by a gay wife but living with addiction and a person trapped by it. Going to share something that a Counsellor told me. Back story: She was an Irish Punk girl. She was older than me and grew up in Belfast in that really terrible Catholic Quarter in Belfast that was once surrounded by troops and barbed wire that is now a tourist novelty. Her Parents were IRA. Not the write a bunch of angry letters and just protest IRA but plant bombs, smuggle guns and get involved in the drug trade IRA. She didn't talk overly much about her family but I know in the 90s they were really into the drug trade. Also she was abused both physically and sexually. Old-school Catholic so she just repressed it and felt guilty as her family told her it was her fault for seducing the men. Utter bullshit I know but that is how it was for her. It started small. Drugs were left around and she was hurting. So at 14 she decided to start taking some of her family's supply to just get through the day. Just minor amounts so she wouldn't get beat. She got friends as she was now this cool teenager with blue hair, tatts and the ability to get drugs. She started dealing with her family as a way to get access to more AND because she got caught by her family. That lasted until the cops caught on for her family's gun smuggling, terrorist activities and drug industry. She and some other family fled to the continent. She wandered around until she met me. I was some Russian Mixed Breed Closet Jew (kept it really quiet as didn't want to die) that had grown up with his own kindred BS. War was all we knew. We understood each other. We didn't judge each other. It was the most beautiful fire. It burned away everything but the need for each other. Yeah I still get poetic when I talk about it. Was intense, powerful and all consuming. It as also my first relationship.

You might wonder why I babble about this to you: Sadly she really loved drugs and danger. You name a drug and she was on it. Heroin was her thing at this point. She loved it. I had grown up with a very strict military family and had never touched a drug. I did now just to seem as cool as I thought she was. Maybe I was also running from my own ghosts. The first time we dated I almost OD'd a few times as I didn't want to admit I was new at this. Pathetic I know. But she always presented this idea of "two independent tigers choosing freely to walk down the same path" and I loved the idea of Vonnegut's "Nation of Two". Eventually we broke up. Its super goony but summed up we broke up. I went back to a weird merger of how I was before and after her. I stopped doing drugs (aside from Hash and Weed) and stabilised. Time passed and she came back. She wanted to make her life better. She was straight and she loved me and please come back. So I did. A few weeks later I caught her with a needle in her arm. Then came freakin dangerous people. We fought through that but it never got better. Eventually we broke up again. Repeat the same story. She came back and I insisted this was the last time. It felt so good and true. I knew this was my first and only love of my life. She was my nation of two. Guess what? Same bloody thing. I left her for the last time. It hurt. I hated it. I avoided her at all turns. She dated someone I knew and I hated her. She brought drugs to his life. Eventually she cleaned up, mostly on her own (got pregnant), and started stabilizing. On her own. She met a banker and married him. On her own. A decade passes to a year ago I'm older. Almost mid-30's Greybeard now. No kids. No wife. Didn't want one. I'm on a different side of the world now and so far away from most of my old ghosts. She finds me. She approaches me. Same old fire. God... I've never given a poo poo about anyone as I do her. She's divorced from her abusive banker. Her original kid has been given away for adoption. Banker told her to. I decide to take her back despite the little voices in my head telling me I'm retarded. It's complicated but I actually take her back. Its so bloody beautiful and despite a few wrinkles I am so happy and actually contemplating marriage... till a couple of weeks ago. She's using again. Hasn't in almost a decade. Her cycle of self destruction begins again.

I'm hoping that this is real and not just creative writing. I hate putting my own life, so naked, out for mockery and for the public to peruse. HATE IT. I don't mind bits and pieces but this is a little too... personal. I'm an extremely private guy but your story hit home. A long time ago this Counsellor gave me some advice. She was a friend and we were drinking but she was worried about me. She told me that sometimes people who use tend to create these fun Drug-Worlds in their head. If you become a part of that inner world it is almost impossible to not be associated with it. The same reason why she tells recovering addicts to try and remove themselves from friends and whatnot who are a part of those worlds. Often they are told to not only leave but stay out, so they don't slide back into their old habits. Another thing she said is that this is her life and she has to live it and succeed on her own, before sharing with anyone else. I cannot save her. I cannot help her; indeed, I may be hindering her progress. A decade later it turns out it is still true. So.... if your story is real: leave her. For your sake. For her sake. It will suck and hurt but please.... leave. Also recognise you have a pattern and correct that. But leave. I'm leaving too. We will do this struggle together.... two brothers who will never know each other. Brothers in Pain. Brothers in Arms. I've already left and will never talk to her outside the rare email but not for a long time. I'm not even emailing to her for a year at the least. Just give it a year break. No email. Nothing. Just say a year... then maybe add more time if you decide but do a year. End this my brother. Do it now before you become old and full of regrets, like me. Do it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Dump that dumpster fire of a person, get over your own ego and find a nice person that you can have a real, positive relationship with and live your life. We've all been down the "twin fires burning together" but like most people you get burned on it and realize it's dumb bullshit and grow up. Both of you.
:cmon:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
It's not like the girl won't have her ex to fall back on. Dump that bitch, find someone you can actually have a functional relationship with.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

KomodoWagon posted:

Thanks for reminding us all that Germans are autistic garbage people with no sense of humor. How real human beings growing up in that loving god-awful country don't kill themselves before reaching adulthood is beyond me. For real, every time I'm with people and there's a German there, the German will, without exception, take offense to someone's super tame joke and make a giant stink about it. Bonus points for when you're with a bunch of your old friends with whom you've always sworn like sailors and someone brings their "cool new friend, he's from Germany" and within ten minutes the loving kraut angrily demands you all clean up your language.

Nice meltdown?
Joking aside, it's not that bad, but a lot of Germans do not understand British humour Because it is so different. It is an aquired taste, and I freely admit it took a whole bunch of Brits putting up with me and making fun of me as well as several seasons of Black Adder, and Little Britain and a special appreciation of the UK, its people and the English language on my side to reach a somewhat fair to middling understanding of British humour. I still fail to see how most of Monty Python is funny :colbert:.

British humour in general won't offend any German, as long as you remember the rule "Don't mention the war"... You just failed at British humour if you did not immediately made the connection with Fawlty Towers; go and google it

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This isn't accurate for pretty much every German I have met over here. I guess they don't curse a lot in comparison but the only time I've ever seen a German get offended and put a stop to a conversation is when someone asks them about Hitler/nazis.

That's pretty spot on. You can ask about it and have actual interestingconversations, it is just that a lot of people who do ask/break out the topic are completely out of line. The worst offender for me personally was a guy who in the middle of a otherwise normal conversation in a group conversation suddenly proclaimed he spoke some German as well and when I asked how he learned, he got up in the middle of a packed pizza place (this was in the US) raised his arm in the famous way and exclaimed "Heil Hitler". And he thought it was hilarious and did it again and again...
So yeah, most Germans have PTSD from all the hilarious jokes we get to hear/see about that.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thanks for proving my point you stupid kraut. "Aber doch, Vee Tschermans have a grrrreat sense ov hyooma! Vee vatch Little Britan, and vee laff - ah ha ha!"

Get bent.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you should try being less angry and having nice meltdowns komodowagon

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

settle down, boys

quote:

I live in my parents basement. I jerk off regularly and when I do I wipe myself clean with a cum towel. I'll use the same one for about a week then throw it in the laundry. I've probably wiped my jizz up with every towel in the house by now but that's not the confession. Sometimes I'll toss the towel on the floor in the bathroom downstairs. A couple of times my sister has unknowingly used it to dry off with, while its still covered in my dry cum. To be honest I only find it a little gross and don't feel too bad about it. Oh well, poo poo happens. What she doesn't know wont hurt her.

quote:

Been married for 4 years now.

First few years were great. Wife was still finishing college, so I got to be the breadwinner. I'm a very traditional guy and this is important to me. She cooked and cleaned, I'd come home from work to a hot meal and a clean house, usually had sex, it was everything I dreamt of.

Then she finished college and started job hunting. House was a little messier, quality of food dropped a bit too. But I was understanding.

She started her new job yesterday and I hate it. I got home about 2 hours before her and was starving, so I just ate chips. She got home around 6 pm and started talking about work, meanwhile I finished a whole big bag of Lay's and was still hungry. She talked for nearly 20 minutes before I finally had to cut her off, tell her how hungry I was, and ask her to make us some food.

Food was okay, I guess. But then we sat on the couch watching TV and she didn't run the vacuum or mop or anything, which she usually does every Monday while I'm at work. I'm I'm watching football with her and my eye starts twitching because of the mess, and she ends up just falling asleep on the couch anyway.

Now normally I'll just do a quick in-and-out to help me fall asleep, but I was so angry at her I couldn't even get it up to put it in her. So I wake her up, tell her to just go up to bed if she's so tired, and head up myself after the game.

I am now thinking it's time to divorce my wife, since it's ALREADY a disaster and she's only one day in to her job. This morning I told her I think she should quit, but she told me this job was for her and that the college degree was for this reason.

I am also not super thrilled about the fact that she makes more money than me, but it does let me keep up with my hobbies a bit more, so it's not all bad. I asked her if she could buy me a new rabbit hutch with her next paycheck (I like to raise rabbits and sell them for a profit) and she said she would.

So I don't know - am I overreacting? Is the extra income worth the messy house and my wife being much more inconsiderate??

I'm like 90% sure this is a troll story, but on the off-chance it's not: dude, stop being a whiny baby and help out with the housework. Cooking together is a fun couples activity and it'll take some pressure off your wife who is a saint. Tag-team the cleaning on the weekends. This isn't hard.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was more weirded out that he was so upset with his wife he couldn't get it up to gently caress her while she is asleep. Is it normal for married couples to have a tacit understanding that if the woman is asleep and the guy is horny he can do whatever he wants?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anon, go to the /r/relationships thread and see what your life will soon be like.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL at any man who isn't a better cook than his wife

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lmao at captain butterball judging his relationship quality by the quality of the food, just lol

e: on the one in a million chance that that's a real confession please do divorce your wife because you sound awful and she sounds like she deserves better

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I was more weirded out that he was so upset with his wife he couldn't get it up to gently caress her while she is asleep. Is it normal for married couples to have a tacit understanding that if the woman is asleep and the guy is horny he can do whatever he wants?

Yes, but the same goes for the woman. Once I woke up and found out I was having sex with my girlfriend. It was a good morning.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hey guys I tried to make my wife into my mom and it doesn't seem to be working out??? Please advise.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
How hard is it to hire a maid?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm sure that story is written intentionally to make people mad about MRAs or whatever but if it's true, it's been one drat day, calm down. If you want someone to do nothing but cook, clean and let you put your dick in them hire a bangmaid, wives are allowed to do things other than serve you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If you want someone to do nothing but cook, clean and let you put your dick in them hire a bangmaid

Is this a thing? asking for a friend

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a topless maid service. I doubt it would take much convincing to escalate the service.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I'm more upset about that first story- who the gently caress sees a towel on the bathroom floor and thinks "cool let me use this dirty floortowel"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

yeah.. that has to be a troll..
she's working if you get home earlier cook god drat man.
She's working she may be tired let her sleep.

your wife should divorce you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

loquacius posted:

Is this a thing? asking for a friend

The demand certainly exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44fwkfx4ag

so I'm sure there is someone out there that will clean up after you and let you bang them, for money.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's women out there that want to be in a "traditional" household where they are the homemaker and the husband works so get a divorce and go out and find one. The funny thing about that is because of the stagnation of wages and the nearing death of the true middle class one person earning a normal income is not enough to sustain a family with children.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's women out there that want to be in a "traditional" household where they are the homemaker and the husband works so get a divorce and go out and find one. The funny thing about that is because of the stagnation of wages and the nearing death of the true middle class one person earning a normal income is not enough to sustain a family with children.

The moral of this story is to never have children. Ever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Serge Painsbourg posted:

The moral of this story is to never have children. Ever.

True that. Having a kid on an average income now means you will probably never retire. We're a generation that will have to work well into our 80's while all the Baby Boomers have been retired for like 40 years due to advances in health care. Plotting for the possibility of there being no social security for people in their 30's now is an actual thing to be considered.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

That, plus producing children increases resource consumption. Since we're heading toward a global climate crisis, it's probably not a good idea to have children.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Serge Painsbourg posted:

That, plus producing children increases resource consumption. Since we're heading toward a global climate crisis, it's probably not a good idea to have children.

They will feed the strong in the dark days to come.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

Why didn't you just say "a town in MA"

hey ill have u know we have a lot of asian people too!

edit: no one rich enough to live in the boston area (minus a few areas) has anything at all to worry about but lord knows that wont stop the bitching

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Solice Kirsk posted:

True that. Having a kid on an average income now means you will probably never retire. We're a generation that will have to work well into our 80's while all the Baby Boomers have been retired for like 40 years due to advances in health care. Plotting for the possibility of there being no social security for people in their 30's now is an actual thing to be considered.

boomers are awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I did lol heartily about the raising rabbits thing I must admit.