Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

where the red fern gropes posted:

the real prize from triple trouble is spergwurm armor, but the drop rate is 1% and you need to get it 3 times for all 9 pieces

Only three times, assuming you only care about the skin. Once you unlock a piece in one weight, you get it for all three. But yeah good luck getting that poo poo. (2/3 woo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
Saw the expansion was going on sell, haven't touched this game in roughly 2 years...are necromancers still pretty bad? I mean yeah I know every class can do solo pve I just remember reading people didn't want necros for whatever dungeon(and now raid) equivalent this game has. How are thieves?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Saw the expansion was going on sell, haven't touched this game in roughly 2 years...are necromancers still pretty bad? I mean yeah I know every class can do solo pve I just remember reading people didn't want necros for whatever dungeon(and now raid) equivalent this game has. How are thieves?

You just missed the golden age of necros.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

where the red fern gropes posted:

tts is pretty set in their ways which gives them serious trouble adapting to situations, and is probably why their 10 man groups still havent cleared the raid yet

I don't know what you're talking about, their 10 man groups clear regularly.

Unless you're talking about the training raids they run to get newbies or players learning a new class/build/boss up to speed. Then yeah, they don't usually get through. But that's not the point.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
My only memory of TTS TT is running it with a goon and quickly getting annoyed at the childish "friends" and attention whore girl on TS so we ran around and purposely filled the color collectors up when the commander was telling us not to. Event failed.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The one time I did it with TTS was pretty good, even though I had no goddamn idea what I was doing, or if I was 'condi' or not. I tagged along with a dude in a dragon mask, did my best not to die horribly at the blue head, and we won.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Sekkira posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, their 10 man groups clear regularly.

Unless you're talking about the training raids they run to get newbies or players learning a new class/build/boss up to speed. Then yeah, they don't usually get through. But that's not the point.

then i am straight up wrong about that

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Bieeardo posted:

The one time I did it with TTS was pretty good, even though I had no goddamn idea what I was doing, or if I was 'condi' or not. I tagged along with a dude in a dragon mask, did my best not to die horribly at the blue head, and we won.

Yeah, the four or five times I've done TT for the MP's I've joined TTS squads and they were completed without any issues. I really like guilds that specialize in meta events like that; they're a huge boon to the game.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Necro used to be pretty good for a long while, but in the latest patch they pretty much killed them as far as raids are concerned. They're still usable for fractals though, and for certain raid bosses (Matthias at least) they still bring enough utility to justify although their DPS suffers a lot. Thief is good though, some of the highest DPS in the game, at least in a realistic setting.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Thieves (daredevils) rule. You do some amazing damage in dungeons, fractals and raids and staff is fun to use to boot.

Lots of fancy flips.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I've never done TT and according to that calendar link they do it at 6am or 6pm in my time both of which I can never make, so that sucks I guess. I can't tell if Google Calendar converted the timezones or not though.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've never done TT and according to that calendar link they do it at 6am or 6pm in my time both of which I can never make, so that sucks I guess. I can't tell if Google Calendar converted the timezones or not though.

There is a line that marks current time.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Next Living Story release is November 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwqxSGaq3Y

The music is from the Scarlet hologram fight, guess who's coming back?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

yaaaaayyy

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Next Living Story release is November 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwqxSGaq3Y

The music is from the Scarlet hologram fight, guess who's coming back?

god loving dammit

e: underwater combat spotted

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
http://massivelyop.com/2016/11/15/guild-wars-2s-next-episode-a-crack-in-the-ice-drops-november-21/

quote:

“The next episode of Living World Season 3, A Crack in the Ice, is coming next Monday, November 21. The season follows the aftermath of Heart of Thorns – a flood of unbound magic, the rise of two Elder Dragons, and the birth of the dragon Glint’s child, Aurene. In “A Crack in the Ice,” players will follow that story into the Northern Shiverpeaks, territory of the Elder Dragon Jormag. Along with “A Crack in the Ice” comes the brand-new Nightmare fractal. This five-person, instanced dungeon takes players on an upward climb through a massive tower, which is heavily guarded by powerful abominations and their toxic experiments.”

And without commentary in the images...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I don't know how I feel about anything in your post tbh

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

oh poo poo the tower of weed is coming back?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Reminder that the fractal was another thing predicted by the expansion pack leak.

Also I'm guessing that shield is the new legendary shield and oh god I'm going to grind for it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kessel posted:

oh poo poo the tower of weed is coming back?

That was the first indication that ANet knew how to create cool and fun content, so I'm all for a mini-version.

And that shield. Oh. My. God.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

No way, that's gotta be a gem store shield, it would print money

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Quaggan shield :3:. It's a shame I don't use shields ever, or I'd be real tempted to make that one.

Aleph Null posted:

That was the first indication that ANet knew how to create cool and fun content, so I'm all for a mini-version.
I can think of a lot of ways to describe the Tower of Nightmares, but "fun" and "cool" aren't among them. It'd probably be better as a fractal where you're not reliant on a zerg to get past roadblocks but still.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sooo are we getting a new map perhaps?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Oh god i love this so much.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

i hate this game

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's that time again arus.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It has to be a legendary, that first picture shows footsteps.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

It's that time again arus.

NO

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The ball is already rolling arus, you of all people should know when it starts it won't stop.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I know when I see quaggans I want to have them in the way of swords, bullets and magical fire and have them get murdered instead of me, so this is a great step forward

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

it's a loving anime walrus fish tank it doesn't even make logical sense as a shield

why would you want poobadoo's children on your back

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Hmm arus is singing a different tune in gchat, already asked us to start farming mats for him

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Hmm arus is singing a different tune in gchat, already asked us to start farming mats for him

Farm this *points 2 dilz*

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

welp

I was considering saving up for a legendary to craft and actually use... looks like I've found my mark

fuckin' quaggbowl shield owns so hard

edit: oh no it's probably going to be some idiot HoT collection legendary that I can't essentially purchase outright

*barf*

I don't want to do things and/or stuff

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nah they said they're done doing the legendary collections because they make it like 5x as much work to put out a legendary and they know everyone cares way more about the skins than they do about the collections.

Like the Eureka is one of the new legendaries and is the first new legendary to not have a collection for it. You still craft the precursor there's just a thing for doing precursor crafting w/o all the collection stuff. It takes a bunch of an item called "Mystic Curio" that takes Mithril Ingots, Elder Wood Planks, and Large Claws to make.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 15, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Farm this *points 2 dilz*

?

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

malhavok posted:

:getin:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

totes gonna rock bolt with that water shield

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
kinda hosed up that, when under attack, you're shielding yourself with a glass bowl with a quaggan in it. do you WANT the quaggan to die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That little guy is actually the most powerful being in Tyria. The great war is like a game to him.

When the dragons have eaten the world, only he will remain.
Floating and laughing.

• Locked thread