Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can anybody help me with logarius. Trying to rush the chikage really early and he's stomping me

Edit my psn ID is benny_dorian if anyone can pop on for a few

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Still need help?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm helping but another couldn't hurt, pass
Is impzone

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm currently working on farming spicy gems for my Kos parasite and idk the pthumerian elder is loving me hard.

I gotta train like that one guy who deeply respects to dodge all his horizontal swings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLfgz2QsA

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think you and I are on the same journey :) I just executioner gloved that guy to death on my ARC char. I think it took one try.

It's funny how some bosses were complete cake-walks on my ARC hunter- defiled watchdog took 3 tries, defiled amygdala took 5.

The boss I had the most problems with by far since I mad ethis char was pthumerian descendent. He constantly sidesteps all my magic, has a mid-range throw that always hits me and in phase 2 his jump attack is faster than the entire animation for using a blood vial or any magic attack. I kept the pressure up and eventually did get him though. I wish I had saved the vid. Queen Yharnam (my second character to fight her) went down crazy easy.

Let me know if you need some sick tipz for any chalice bosses cause i've killed them all now i think. Sometimes I had to think outside the box.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one complaint I have about bloodborne is that you can't get the pthumerian descendant weapon for yourself

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The one complaint I have about bloodborne is that you can't get the pthumerian descendant weapon for yourself

Grant us mods, grant us mods....

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The worst part about cooping micolash is if you're in someone else's world you don't get to hear his dialogue during phase 2

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The worst part about cooping micolash is if you're in someone else's world you don't get to hear his dialogue during phase 2

Just ask your coop partner to read it for you over the mic instead

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
A hunta is a hunta even in a dreaam

But alas not too faast

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just got through the Cleric Beast for the first time

Rad music

I can't tell, there's no backstabs in this, right? just visceral attacks after a parry?

Is CB even parryable? I went through all 20 bullets plus five uh blood bullets????? by mistake but never seemed to get a reaction

Am I gonna get a thingy to help people, I wanna refight CB until I have more of a handle on how to play this

also does the lantern ever run out or can i just leave that thing on my belt

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 13, 2016

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Backstabs are a thing still. You can sneak up behind most enemies and I think you can still backstab alerted ones if you're quick enough and get a charged R2 off in time.

Cleric Beast can only be staggered in certain situations, once per red healing aura phase. Stagger, then wait for the red heal, then stagger again.

Lantern never runs out but light can alert enemies early.

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 13, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ok uh please gently caress off father gascoigne

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

I just got through the Cleric Beast for the first time

Rad music

I can't tell, there's no backstabs in this, right? just visceral attacks after a parry?

Is CB even parryable? I went through all 20 bullets plus five uh blood bullets????? by mistake but never seemed to get a reaction

Am I gonna get a thingy to help people, I wanna refight CB until I have more of a handle on how to play this

also does the lantern ever run out or can i just leave that thing on my belt

i've literally never worn the lantern, but i think it's infinite. you'll get a better light source later.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

ok uh please gently caress off father gascoigne

Best first boss in any souls game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I had to stop and take a break after dying five times to that rear end in a top hat and running out of blood thingies, so it's a bit of a welp situation right now

Four of five deaths were to the camera turning traitor on me after he hulked out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

everyone roll an arcane character it's so weird :barf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B267If1iYjc

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I had to stop and take a break after dying five times to that rear end in a top hat and running out of blood thingies, so it's a bit of a welp situation right now

Four of five deaths were to the camera turning traitor on me after he hulked out
yeah idk if i can give the best advice without spoilers, but i find it helps to fight him as much on the stairs and balcony in that arena as possible; the space isn't all that more constricted than down below where you keep trying to backstep into tombstones all the time. also start throwing molototovs as soon as he transforms because you really do not want to spend a lot of time in that phase

are you sure you opened all the shorcuts by now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeh I've got plenty of shortcuts, shortest route seems to be from cleric beast bridge into the house, down the elevator and up the ladder to the other bridge where that dickhead is

I'm short on molotovs and healing tho... might have to go farm a bit somewhere

maybe there's a shorter route from central yharnam but this map confuses me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yharhnham

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Gascoigne is a great fight to practice parry mechanics. You can parry him the entire fight except for maybe one or two attacks in his final phase.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

game's pretty generous with drops on the whole but you're probably gonna run out a couple times when you hit a boss who takes many attempts. if you're good w. trash mobs, just run laps through central yharnam wiping them out as you go.

do some poking around too, i forget how many are available from where you are but there should be enough blood shards and blood echoes to upgrade your blood weapon to at least +2 blood-bloods

folder
Oct 9, 2016
it was stressful, but i beat vicar amelia :kiddo:

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

folder posted:

it was stressful, but i beat vicar amelia :kiddo:

Sweet, DLC time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i know it's kind of the souls thing to be hard and fair but father fartdollar is turning me into a raging loving pissbaby

some two dozen attempts tonight (4 of which i didn't even make it to him because of the giants on the way that i'm reduced to farming for vials on each attempt) and both my best ones were ruined by the camera getting stuck, to add to the pure loving frustration

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

If it helps at all you can cheese him until his last phase by hitting him through the gravestones

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
If the cameras getting stuck, its cos you have your back up against the wall or something along those lines. im not gonna tell u how to beat the boss but you should pay attention to trying not to do stuff like that or it will always happen to you and ruin all your best attempts at every boss since thats murphys law. :-)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fair point

in the DS games I was usually ok with getting backed up or the camera getting jibblied because I could unlock, get situated, and get things squared, but in this there's just no time for that

plus the quick step dodges being absolutely necessary AND tied exclusively to lock on means I've gotta change up my muscle memory some

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

fair point

in the DS games I was usually ok with getting backed up or the camera getting jibblied because I could unlock, get situated, and get things squared, but in this there's just no time for that

plus the quick step dodges being absolutely necessary AND tied exclusively to lock on means I've gotta change up my muscle memory some

I know it seems frustrating now but trust me, all of us went through this. I can toy with father g or shred him to pieces without sweating but there was a time when he just felt IMPossible

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do my physical damage gems only affect the untransformed chikage

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

Do my physical damage gems only affect the untransformed chikage

do the blood numbers go up

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i know it's kind of the souls thing to be hard and fair but father fartdollar is turning me into a raging loving pissbaby

You will feel this way several, several times over the course of the game and especially on the first boss of the DLC so get hype and good luck! :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the roll isnt the worst thing in the world. the quick step is sweet and the new hotness compared to the souls games, but the classic Roll can still be very useful.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

fair point

the roll is identical to the dodge in terms of invincibility. believe me you can play the whole game without locking on once, i've done it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'll keep that in mind when i try again tonight

other thing that kept bugging me was him seemingly randomly deciding to chip damage me with that blunderbuss, usually when i'm coming in to try to rally some health back (and in so chipping me taking away the nice long yellow bar)

obv solution is 'don't get hit' but i'm bad at video games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would have been if there was a bloodborne boss that used the rally system themselves

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

i'll keep that in mind when i try again tonight

other thing that kept bugging me was him seemingly randomly deciding to chip damage me with that blunderbuss, usually when i'm coming in to try to rally some health back (and in so chipping me taking away the nice long yellow bar)

obv solution is 'don't get hit' but i'm bad at video games

Just remember that any non-giant-monstrosity enemies in the game have all of the same options that you do. They play like pvp on purpose.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ciaphas posted:

some two dozen attempts tonight (4 of which i didn't even make it to him because of the giants on the way that i'm reduced to farming for vials on each attempt) and both my best ones were ruined by the camera getting stuck, to add to the pure loving frustration

Lol. this nigga say fartdollar

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just did shadows/rom/amygdala with a +8 chikage and holy poo poo does this thing destroy stuff. I'm only at 20sk/20 btng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Actually I did some chalices too and I have like +32% from gems that's probably why