Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

What's your current balance, still around -$3.5k? I seem to remember you had a $500 one you were trying to shift.

It's a Javelin right? I mean he should still be able to get $500 for his Javelin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Nothing good has ever happened in this thread

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

tickle gate was funny.

the arena commander reveal was funny (though that was in the dog house thread)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Randarkman posted:

Norwegian. Russ is a Norwegian phenomenon, though it's only really gotten out of control in terms of scale, money, merchandising and that kind of stuff in the last 10 years or so (it's basically become a very profitable business, and the people who run it are supreme scumbags) .

We have pretty much the same thing in Sweden, although the extravagance of it varies with geography and locale, so it's at least half-Nordic. :v:

Chalks posted:

That's not true. The recipes were good.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

personally, i'm shocked that the worthless shut in with 6k in ship pictures that looks down on her peers doing sick things like drugs and partying refused to listen to your hundreds of earnest posts

maybe next time guys

We got some good posts out of her, just look at kikki and Derek, their best ever imo

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Kakarot posted:

So far it's 54644 posts of goons melting down desperately trying to convince a true believer that sc is a scam

Yes. I have also noticed the topic of this thread.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yep - that's gone. I appreciate the personal bookkeeping.

Apropos does your inside source still say 2.6 with Star Marine before Chrismas

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

As a grown man going back to college at the end of his twenties because it turns out not having a degree is dumb and for rubes, you REALLY should go to college instead.

Do this. I waited too long myself and I'm thinking of all that money I could have made but didn't. It's gonna hurt.

Get a refund! Go to college! Hell, go get a degree in marine biology and business so you can yuk it up with Sandi and talk shop. I'm sure she's qualified.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Even I sold some of my ships . . .

Wow, prepare to be excommunicated from the church of Roberts. We can maybe save your soul for a few completionist packages. Get pledging or get branded a leaver.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

So, 2.6 before the end of the year you think?

Yep

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sandweed posted:

Wow, prepare to be excommunicated from the church of Roberts. We can maybe save your soul for a few completionist packages. Get pledging or get branded a leaver.

No, I'm not liquidating. Simply sold off some ships I did not need. I did buy some of what I had for others who couldn't afford the presales at the time.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Apropos does your inside source still say 2.6 with Star Marine before Chrismas

Yes

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

:laffo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

personally, i'm shocked that the worthless shut in with 6k in ship pictures that looks down on her peers doing sick things like drugs and partying refused to listen to your hundreds of earnest posts

maybe next time guys

We live in hope.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The Titanic posted:

Do this. I waited too long myself and I'm thinking of all that money I could have made but didn't. It's gonna hurt.

Get a refund! Go to college! Hell, go get a degree in marine biology and business so you can yuk it up with Sandi and talk shop. I'm sure she's qualified.

That $6000 was never gonna go into college anyway, and on the going to college/university front Deloria is going to be fine, it's free, though rent and food certainly is not and almost always adds up to more than study loans can cover on their own, which hopefully means Deloria has to get a job.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

You gonna get a Prowler? I mean it won't make you the dumbest kid in the thread anymore

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yep - that's gone. I appreciate the personal bookkeeping.

The idea is that you get less snippy the closer you get to breaking even.

$3k entered in column D, please keep me updated.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Fucks sake . SM will be in 2.6 and out before Christmas like Delorian is an 18 year old girl and not a 30 year old neckbeard laughing into his vape box mod.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Deloria posted:

Ok so for the record I was like 14 when I first backed. Those creditcards belonged to family. I don't need to hide my hobbies any more than I would want to hide a pony under my bed. You guys have some crazy notions :P

Chris Roberts.. Swindling kids, the disabled and the mentally unwell. Also people's college funds and what else?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Spermanent Record posted:

Get a refund or don't. It's your money. Personally, I think you should spend more, make it a nice neat 10k.

Posting from many pages back but...

:same:

What is one vacation or two in the grand scheme of things hey

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Randarkman posted:

That $6000 was never gonna go into college anyway, and on the going to college/university front Deloria is going to be fine, it's free, though rent and food certainly is not and almost always adds up to more than study loans can cover on their own, which hopefully means Deloria has to get a job.

Nobody employs Norwegian youngsters, not even the Norwegians

They apparently suck

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Fatkraken posted:

holy poo poo, so it was just a huge lump-sum gift that she blew on literally NOTHING? gently caress. And Daddy approved, that's some bang up loving parenting right there.

I'm far from a "kids these days" type because it's not like this is a modern phenomenon, this poo poo has been going on since the year dot among rich dumb teenagers (and older), but gently caress this is just depressing. If you HAVE to blow through thousands of dollars and get literally nothing in return at least use it to do some actual good in the world, that cash could have built wells or planted trees or vaccinated 1000 kids against loving polio.

Honey I know you want to spend that money on a car or a saving account for a house someday, but daddy would just be so proud of you if you spent it on a video game...

make daddy proud, baby.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

lmbo, the man has never had one single original idea. Everything, every last loving thing, is stolen from somebody. He an Ryan Archer deserved each other.

Funny how people like that seem to gravitate together. :(

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Fucks sake . SM will be in 2.6 and out before Christmas like Delorian is an 18 year old girl and not a 30 year old neckbeard laughing into his vape box mod.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about a 18 year old girl getting all dreamy over the fine people that work at Cloud Imperium Games.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Chalks posted:

How can you say that? All the

pics? They count for something

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nobody employs Norwegian youngsters, not even the Norwegians

They apparently suck

Well I was a Norwegian youngster and had a job since high school and then got another when I went to university. The trick to getting a job, as a young person with no experience or skill, actually is kind of going to a place and talking to people about a job, rather than just leaving an application with a picture of yourself and Microsoft Word as a "qualifcation".

Anyway Swedes do salesman, customer service, waiter, hotel receptionists, those kinds of jobs, not the part time job a Norwegian student is going to get.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ZenMaster posted:

Honey I know you want to spend that money on a car or a saving account for a house someday, but daddy would just be so proud of you if you spent it on a video game...

make daddy proud, baby.

hey deborah get your dad an account I wanna yell at him

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

AP posted:

I don't see what's so unbelievable about a 18 year old girl getting all dreamy over the fine people that work at Cloud Imperium Games.

It's probably laztrine exacting his fiendish revenge.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

You gonna get a Prowler? I mean it won't make you the dumbest kid in the thread anymore

Nope

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

EightAce posted:

It's probably laztrine exacting his fiendish revenge.

I've often thought that Lazrin was potentially an 18 year old girl. At least mentally.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Randarkman posted:

None of that applies to Deloria and never will, she got six grand for confirmation six hundred would be nearer the average.

She'll never need an education, pension, job or any trace fiscal responsibility.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

We both know what's coming in March. Never mind the bollocks how about some more recipes , your v good at those

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TheAgent posted:

chris and sandi have taken $5m+ from the star citizen coffers at this point

$5m+

that doesn't count erin or ortwin or their friends they brought on

millions of dollars of backer money went to these people for delivering a proof of concept pre-pre-alpha

lol

Arent they taking salaries for multiple roles?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile at CIG.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

We both know what's coming in March.

go on

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

We both know what's coming in March.

The Ides? Better be the Ides

EightAce
May 10, 2015

If he is toast he'll know exactly what I'm on about

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Deloria posted:

o/

A lot more people than me backed because of CR's reputation - including people here. Yes I believed his reputation very much and I still do - he has been involved in a lot of things that many people think were epicly groundbreaking. I never played wing commander tbh - it was a bit before my time.

I wont take a refund iff the campaign fails. It was my risk and I should accept the consequences. I would only refund if I was like banned for the thread or if they shut it down with no comment or something - that would show me the pledge was never serious.

No I dont think i could be morally right to accept a refund if CIG wa sspending the money wrong. I could have asked more questions earlier - like a lot of backers, but I kind of paid the money and then took a back seat and let CR figure it out. We left it up to him - so we have to accpet the consequences if he chose wrongly.

I'm not sure how to answer the last one. I don't duck responsiility if thats what you mean?

Not going to be abrasive but this doesn't make sense.

His reputation? As what? A guy who made a PC game before you were playing PC games? Not only that, but actually playing them today... they look terrible. If you ever actually play any of the Wing Commander games, the best ones used SPRITES (pre-3D technology for you youngins). I somehow doubt you'd play one of those janky messes and think "I want to spend $6k on his next game!"

But maybe I'm wrong?

Unfortunately though you follow that up with a bit of hideous... lack of wisdom. If you buy a car, and on the drive home it dies, because it was recovered from a flood and they didn't tell you that, do you just call a tow truck to bring it home? Do you call the dealership back? What you're implying here is you keep the car.

Chris doesn't know who you are, and only cares about your money that is now his money. If you requested a refund he still won't know who you are or care. The only morals here being betrayed are yours through the Roberts. Shifting goal posts, the editing of the TOS to prevent you from knowing the truth...

I hope you get the game of your dreams. It's people like you though that make me want to smack Chris in the face for doing this, and getting away with it. When you get burned, you're going to be upset, and more jaded. You'll be hard pressed to support someone in the future who really deserves that support. If you get a refund, even a partial refund, I hope you can get it in there before the money is really all gone.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

The Ides? Better be the Ides

that or Trump/Putin bare knuckle wrestling live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

EightAce posted:

If he is toast he'll know exactly what I'm on about

Say something cryptic that will only make sense when your prediction comes true in march...

• Locked thread