Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Needs more Fairy Rose for your bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

This mod sounds great but there isn't any info on how auto milking cows works.

I don't even know. I had to buy some cows for recipe completion and was getting worried that they never gave milk. Then I checked the chest in their barn, and BAM a couple dozen milk.

I think it essentially autopets too. Their hearts were ticking up without my intervention.

Poque posted:

Needs more Fairy Rose for your bees.

It's all getting thrown into kegs. 999 at a time.

Sono fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 15, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
How do you even collect the honey with them all so tightly bunched.

Never mind you are using that automation mod I see the chests now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sono posted:

New favorite mod: http://stardewvalleymods.net/farm-automation-item-collector-mod/

1. It allows you to fill barns to the brink with 1 entryway, 1 chest, and every other tile keg. (Or casks in the basement, etc.)

2. It automilks cows.

3. The last time I posted my farm, a goon pointed out that I had an excessive number of trees. Well, thanks to the 200 oak and 100 maple trees that I got up as quickly as possible, I was stocked on resin and syrup by year 4.

I now have an excessive number of bees.

:eyepop:
Now that is an optimal farm! What kind of income do you make?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sat down to try playing Journey of the Prairie King again and I just want to say: gently caress this game!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jotpk is a fun little thing.

Fectors challenge is a stupid thing to include in the game though

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I tried that automation mod and it doesn't seem to be auto-miking my cows. Petting yes, but milking no. i have the milk pail in the chest in the barn with my cows. Does the fact I have pigs in there gently caress with thinkgs?

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

limp_cheese posted:

I tried that automation mod and it doesn't seem to be auto-miking my cows. Petting yes, but milking no. i have the milk pail in the chest in the barn with my cows. Does the fact I have pigs in there gently caress with thinkgs?

It shouldn't, I have all the different animals and I've not had any problems. Can you still manually milk them or are they not producing anything because they're pissed at you?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
Now that is an optimal farm! What kind of income do you make?

I still need to work out how many kegs I need. I'm in late fall, so just going to chill through winter and see what my stock looks like in spring.

I'm actually more focused on recipe completion now, which is how I discovered the automilk thing after shoving 4 cows into a partially completed crystalarium barn.

Sono fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 15, 2016

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Do you still get steam achievements with mods?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

taco show posted:

Do you still get steam achievements with mods?

I've been having problems with this. The game stopped giving me Steam achievements but I'm not sure if it's because of the mods or not. From what little research I've done (first page of Google) some people have problems and other people don't.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Achievements are disabled when launching the game through anything other than the play button in your Steam library, such as a desktop or start menu shortcut or the separate mod API thing. I believe you can point Steam towards the latter to preserve achievements with mods, though.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Phew, that was a heck of a fight. Well played, Legend.

Chances are, that was the last rainy day of Spring, too (totem shenanigans notwithstanding).

Four down, Crimsonfish to go.

e: bonus late spring year 5 farm:

Fields deteriorating a bit because, you know, end of the month and all.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 15, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Paul.Power posted:

e: bonus late spring year 5 farm:

Fields deteriorating a bit because, you know, end of the month and all.

...Do you harvest your crops by hand? Like some sort of peasant?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I am slandered, good sir! There is no finer satisfaction than that series of gentle pops as one plucks yams from the ground, and corn from the stalk!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Here we go, another west coast entrepreneur coming to "disrupt" our traditional economic activity with crowd sourced labor ideas.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what do the junimos do if they encounter a giant crop?

edit: I mean this graphically as well as in a gameplay manner. it'd be adorable if they had to work together to break it apart.

Poque fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 15, 2016

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Paul.Power posted:

Four down, Crimsonfish to go.

Wait, what? I thought you had to catch all the other fish before Legend would even show up?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I Said No posted:

Wait, what? I thought you had to catch all the other fish before Legend would even show up?

Nah! I caught the Legend long before I caught the Angler. :D

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
So a few goons are doing the "No Joja No Pierre" challenge and I was wondering if it was even possible to get certain crops. According to the wiki, Mixed Seeds will never grow any of the berries or amaranth for example. Would it be possible to mod Mixed Seeds to grow any crops in season?

EDIT: Looks like the Traveling Cart carries every crop.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 16, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

I Said No posted:

Technically you can catch him in the first month. You just need a minimum of 10 Fishing (7 with Dish O' The Sea).

However it feels near suicidal if you don't have the Iridium Rod and the Trap bait with 13 fishing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you have to rely on the gypsy cart for a lot of stuff. she sells seeds, as well, sometimes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dragon_pamcake posted:

So a few goons are doing the "No Joja No Pierre" challenge and I was wondering if it was even possible to get certain crops. According to the wiki, Mixed Seeds will never grow any of the berries or amaranth for example. Would it be possible to mod Mixed Seeds to grow any crops in season?

You can get any seeds from the Traveling Cart.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ice fishing competition sure is a lot of fun when the entire time all you pull up is trash except for one lone fish

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Man, at least you don't ram the pole into your forehead.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Operation bee keeper continues. Almost there, but it looks like it will generate 3,000 mead per week, plus a greenhouse worth of ancient fruit into wine, so around a million bucks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sono posted:

Operation bee keeper continues. Almost there, but it looks like it will generate 3,000 mead per week, plus a greenhouse worth of ancient fruit into wine, so around a million bucks.

Hmm, thats far too low a rate of return to ever get to $1 Billion. Maybe you should buy more pigs?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, so that machine that takes 100 slime and makes an egg... What's the point? You make the egg, then you hatch it, to get... Another slime? Where's the benefit here?

I'm not there yet, just saw it on a co-worker's farm, so maybe he and I are missing something important.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, so that machine that takes 100 slime and makes an egg... What's the point? You make the egg, then you hatch it, to get... Another slime? Where's the benefit here?

I'm not there yet, just saw it on a co-worker's farm, so maybe he and I are missing something important.

The eggs sell for more than the slimes, I think. It's marginal either way.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Eventually you craft enough purple eggs to create a farm of grape-slimes. Then you cull half the herd every now and then to get a few Iridium.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

There's a slime raising building similar to the barn. I've never seen the point either so I've never tried it, but it's there. I've heard rumors of possibly being able to breed purple slimes that can drop iridium.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Thor-Stryker posted:

Eventually you craft enough purple eggs to create a farm of grape-slimes. Then you cull half the herd every now and then to get a few Iridium.

This.

There's a chance to get a purple slime egg and those are supposedly semi-rare.

You then breed the purple slime with other slimes. The result may be another purple slime. Once you have a purple male and female. Kill the other slimes then breed purple slimes and kill some of them on a regular basis for the chance of finding iridium.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Does anyone know what gifts the various spouses will give based on whom they are? I am also doing the "no joja no pierre" challenge and I I thinking that I could marry a spouse that gifted various foods to put in a seed-maker to make up for the needed seeds to complete the community centre and the 21 star score. I I hoping to have it done in 4 years time if possible.

Also, is pierre the only one who sells the bouquet? That I the only exception I can see to the rule, unless I mod that as well into a different vendor...

Have to say, this challenge has me wracking my Do I rush to farming 9 to get the seed makers - or should I I I complete emily's bundle for one?

Maybe we should suggest this to C.A., in patch 1.2 add challenges (ie: a no-mining challenge, a no-eating food challenge, etc...)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Guigui posted:

Maybe we should suggest this to C.A., in patch 1.2 add challenges (ie: a no-mining challenge, a no-eating food challenge, etc...)

He doesn't really need to add a no-mining or no-eating mode, you can just do that on your own. What I would really like to see is some way to randomize the seed prices and crop/artisan prices for everything

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean, I don't really consider buying stuff you can ONLY get from a given vendor breaking the "rules", make your own fun after all, and work within the confines of the game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Guigui posted:

Does anyone know what gifts the various spouses will give based on whom they are? I am also doing the "no joja no pierre" challenge and I I thinking that I could marry a spouse that gifted various foods to put in a seed-maker to make up for the needed seeds to complete the community centre and the 21 star score. I I hoping to have it done in 4 years time if possible.

Also, is pierre the only one who sells the bouquet? That I the only exception I can see to the rule, unless I mod that as well into a different vendor...

Have to say, this challenge has me wracking my Do I rush to farming 9 to get the seed makers - or should I I I complete emily's bundle for one?

I don't think any of the spouses give you farm stuff, but I think it's Jodi that sends you produce in the mail.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Guigui posted:

Choosing your spouse is about true love, not about what they bring to the table in your relationship

...wait a sec

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

TurnipFritter posted:

I don't think any of the spouses give you farm stuff, but I think it's Jodi that sends you produce in the mail.
I think it might be Caroline? I've definitely had potatoes and cabbages and stuff from Caroline.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Rutibex posted:

He doesn't really need to add a no-mining or no-eating mode, you can just do that on your own. What I would really like to see is some way to randomize the seed prices and crop/artisan prices for everything

I'd love to have seeds available year-round on the vendors, even if you have to finish the community building or something for it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want to do a weird playstyle, but I can't decide if I want to do No-Joja-no-Pierre or go complete Pig apocalypse just to see what happens.

all of this is moot since Pokemon comes out tomorrow but they both sound like entertaining options.