Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Leaked images of new Start Collecting Premium boxes/new Battleforces.

Clearer pictures at BoLS.

AdMech Eradication Cohort: 2 Kastelans & Datasmith, 3 Kataphractoi Breachers, 5 Ruststalkers/Infiltrators, 1 Dragoon/Ironstrider, 5 Electoo-Priests

Deathwatch Watchblade WatchTaskforce: Watchmaster, 15 veterans (either type), 5 Termies, 5 Bikes, Razorback

Space Wolves Ironclaw Strike Force: 1 Iron Priest (HQ ver.), 5 wolves, 15 Grey Hunters/Blood Claws/Wolf Guard, 5 Termies, 1 Dread, 1 Stormwolf/Stormfang

Tau Targeted Recon Cadre: Commander, 10 Fire Warriors, 3 Stealth Suits, 1 Devilfish, 1 Broadside, 1 Ghostkeel, 9+ drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Those are actually Pathfinders, but it seems to play off well from the SC boxes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How much are there again? Because that's nearly every Tau model I want in a single package. Same with with Sylvaneth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Are the deathwatch bikes just the old bikes with shoulder upgrades?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm torn between that mechanicus set or holding out hope for a SOB box.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LingcodKilla posted:

Are the deathwatch bikes just the old bikes with shoulder upgrades?
Yep.

Neurolimal posted:

I'm torn between that mechanicus set or holding out hope for a SOB box.
The rumor is a SoB Canoness coming out in December, I seriously doubt we'll see anything like these for Sisters before next Christmas.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I don't want to be part of the power armour problem but drat I like the look of that DW box.

e; Or maybe the Space Wolf box and allying them with my Kasrkin.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 15, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

How much are there again? Because that's nearly every Tau model I want in a single package. Same with with Sylvaneth.

The rumor was $145

SRM posted:

Yep.

The rumor is a SoB Canoness coming out in December, I seriously doubt we'll see anything like these for Sisters before next Christmas.

There's another rumor that hasn't gotten much press about Sisters being part of an "Imperial Agents" codex for early 2017 that includes Sisters and Inquisition

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ijyt posted:

$55 for some printed photoshop filters and washing pegs, what a steal.

Yeah, it's overpriced for what it is. Also, at 15" wide, this setup is only big enough to photograph a couple of models at most - you are certainly not going to be able to fit a squad on there and take a good photo. EDIT: I see that you can rotate the mat due to the "innovative mechanism" of rotation, I guess? but 15" is not going to give you enough material in the vertical to do anything with.

Here you go.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 15, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ijyt posted:

$55 for some printed photoshop filters and washing pegs, what a steal.

My thoughts exactly. Meanwhile, GH doesn't post for a month and then drive-by posts to raise awarness for a sponsor

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BULBASAUR posted:

My thoughts exactly. Meanwhile, GH doesn't post for a month and then drive-by posts to raise awarness for a sponsor

I enjoyed IC but it's always hilarious when there's a 20 minute infomercial in the middle of an episode.

That thing is a product that definitely should exist, but that price point is a little nutty. Might be take some working getting one in a larger size but you can get a custom printed mousepad for like a fifth to a quarter of the price.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
There we go, official conformation on the Xmas boxes.

Deathwatch one saves you about £44.

Ad Mech one saves about £59.50.

Tau one saves about £63.50.

And the Space Wolf one saves a hefty £89.50.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

I enjoyed IC but it's always hilarious when there's a 20 minute infomercial in the middle of an episode.

That thing is a product that definitely should exist, but that price point is a little nutty. Might be take some working getting one in a larger size but you can get a custom printed mousepad for like a fifth to a quarter of the price.

It's waterproof tho

e. mangoes everywhere

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

It's waterproof tho
I'm sold.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

SteelMentor posted:

There we go, official conformation on the Xmas boxes.

Deathwatch one saves you about £44.

Ad Mech one saves about £59.50.

Tau one saves about £63.50.

And the Space Wolf one saves a hefty £89.50.

Where's the maths behind that?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Assuming they cost £100 like all the rumour collaborate to, just added together the costs of buying all the included minis separately then deducted the £100.

ofc you'll be able to get it cheaper from 3rd party sellers.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, it's overpriced for what it is. Also, at 15" wide, this setup is only big enough to photograph a couple of models at most - you are certainly not going to be able to fit a squad on there and take a good photo. EDIT: I see that you can rotate the mat due to the "innovative mechanism" of rotation, I guess? but 15" is not going to give you enough material in the vertical to do anything with.

Here you go.

Just poo poo all over me brah.

Anyone going to Adepticon looking to have some goon company on any of the events other than the team tourney? Event registration pens soon.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

SteelMentor posted:

Assuming they cost £100 like all the rumour collaborate to, just added together the costs of buying all the included minis separately then deducted the £100.

ofc you'll be able to get it cheaper from 3rd party sellers.

It was more like where did you find that rumor from the rumor-bin.

There wasn't a lot of jib jabber about prices on FB which is where I saw the initial post. :)

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Someone over there has played Blood Dragon or seen Kung Fury and I'm pleased with the results. Yeah, that's my bicep.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
It's almost like about 2 years ago someone from GW actually read this thread and took some of the better suggestions to heart

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
a BARREL.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Speaking of community outreach:

Looking forwards to seeing how this turns out tomorrow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SteelMentor posted:

I wonder if they'll let me talk about how cool Gundam models are

Replacement pots of the dried paints from my Space Marine + Paint set have been shipped, thanks for suggesting contacting customer support, thread.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

SteelMentor posted:

You think there will be a thread on there discussing the best place to get Chinese recasts? Because I need that info and we're not allowed to talk about it here.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Master Twig posted:

You think there will be a thread on there discussing the best place to get Chinese recasts? Because I need that info and we're not allowed to talk about it here.

That's the best joke that you could come up with?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

12:00am *site opens*

12:01 "Hey guys look at my female space marines!"

12:02 *site closes*

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

SteelMentor posted:

This will be terrible and amazing

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It doesn't say forum anywhere on that :tinfoil:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Master Twig posted:

Come join 30k slack mi lord

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SteelMentor posted:

This sounds more like Black Gobbo than a forum, which sounds like the best possible result. We'll see tomorrow though.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

SRM posted:

This sounds more like Black Gobbo than a forum, which sounds like the best possible result. We'll see tomorrow though.

gently caress me I haven't heard that name in years.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Uroboros posted:

Just poo poo all over me brah.
Whatever floats your boat - if it works for you, go for it. The set isn't insanely expensive or anything, so it's not like you're getting ripped off.

Jeff Sichoe posted:

It's almost like about 2 years ago someone from GW actually read this thread discovered the Internet and took some of the better suggestions to heart

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 16, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The site's up:
http://www.warhammer-community.com/

So it's a collection of articles and blog post type things, including a neat one about the history of the Eldar with Jes Goodwin, some reposted Index Astartes articles, painting articles, and some community-made posts about community armies. There's also some rules up there already for stuff. Seems pretty neat so far, even if you can get a lot of similar content by spending some time on a forum and sifting through the muck. I'm on board but that's probably not a surprise to anyone.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
They also have an official rumor post? It's weird. http://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/16/the-rumour-engine/

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Dale-Taco posted:

12:00am *site opens*

12:01 "Hey guys look at my female space marines!"

12:02 *site closes*

God:drat: so many dudes are such lily-delicate snowflake trigger-fairies about their plastic mans safe-space. One mention of FSM launches an utter poo poo-avalanche of weak-kneed teary-eyed red pill justifications for a loving tabletop wargame. I still haven't stopped laughing about it.

Content: some shipments came in. I have 3 unopened boxes of Acolyte Hybrids, one Neophyte, a Goliath, three LRBTs I'm going to magnetize with the hulls built, 21-22 Space Hulk Genestealers, 13 built Neophytes, a NIB Chimera, a base-painted Chimera, a bunker, and more on the way :gonk:

I'd be getting more done, but my wife got me Xenoverse 2 for our anniversary, so I've been punching gokus instead of painting like I know I should.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Best article: http://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/14/my-first-model-part-1-our-own-duncan-rhodes/

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

This should totally be linked in the miniatures thread OP.

Also I love how pervasive "Thin your paints." Is as a meme/advice among all modeling cliques. Especially because its so true.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8sYdMGETQ

Video of the new Deathwing game. It's under NDA for the Beta I think, but stuff is leaking out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
My first model was a blood angels tactical marine that looked very similar to Duncan's but red instead of white. Painted straight from the pot, globbed it all over the place. Didn't even have primer, just used a thick layer of black base paint to get started.

No palette at all, only using a single basecoat brush for everything including details, etc.

gently caress that was so ugly. I'm glad that thanks mostly to Duncan's Bob Ross videos I'm much less poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
They have an article on best Black Library books and it doesn't include Eisenhorn :psyduck:

• Locked thread