Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sadly I'm making that up. Giving all Elite owners on Steam a free weekend would be a pretty cool move through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm interested in a Frontier game where fun isn't a zero sum game.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

The aliens will be added as a powerplay faction then never mentioned again :v:

Imagine an alien slapping you in the face forever

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
So I finally gathered the mats for 3x G5 OC pulse lasers, are any of the engineer effects worth getting?

Edit: Scramble Spectrum sounds fun, but is it worth stacking on all three Pulses?

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 15, 2016

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What were long distance passenger missions typically paying before the recent nerf?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I only now realized that Frag Cannons have a 'double shot' modification option. I'm increasingly tempted to fit three C3 frags with double shot on my Python and fly a giant super shotgun.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What were long distance passenger missions typically paying before the recent nerf?

I got 30 millions for a trip to Jacques' and 50 millions for Sag A*. But I also had 6000ly for 11 millions.

Also: I just realized you cannot activate your crew members in Maia. So my fighter hangar is useless. It's so immersive! :frontear:

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Drake_263 posted:

I only now realized that Frag Cannons have a 'double shot' modification option. I'm increasingly tempted to fit three C3 frags with double shot on my Python and fly a giant super shotgun.

The extra clip size mod is actually better, because it lets you shoot more. The double shot just makes you use ammo faster.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mike the TV posted:

The extra clip size mod is actually better, because it lets you shoot more. The double shot just makes you use ammo faster.

I'm completely aware of this but the double shot gives you a bit more burst DPS I believe, plus it's not nearly as cool.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Einbauschrank posted:

Also: I just realized you cannot activate your crew members in Maia. So my fighter hangar is useless. It's so immersive! :frontear:
I think one of the surface stations has a crew lounge in Maia.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

With my full suite of jump hacks and the right missions and a beluga, hauling passengers to sag a and back is almost as good as going afk in a conflict zone overnight.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm interested in a Frontier game where fun isn't a zero sum game.

They did make RCT3 which was an alright game iirc

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

I think one of the surface stations has a crew lounge in Maia.

Thx. That did the trick ;)

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

I thought this crashed the client

E:

For the love of God, give me at least a half-deent looking female crew member
Why do all the female crew members look like they were born with the names Barry, Butch, Chuck, Axel and had a sex change? They look manly as hell. I was expecting at least one exotic beauty that looks like Aisling Duval in the list of the hundreds I have checked.

Who wants to share a cockpit with an apparent female that may or may not have a bigger appendage than you? I would rather have the Blue Haired Princess sat on my lap in skimpy undies as I mangle her enemies in my FDL. If I can't have her, at least give me a semi-good looking gal. I want to be able to look over to my co-pilot seat and see rays of sunshine, see rose petals raining and hear the beautiful sounds of the Earth birds as I gaze upon her then BAAAAAMMM!!!! Asteroid and Rebuy screen. Not look over my shoulder at something that may or may not be human and fear for my rear end as I sleep at night.

Chrysophylax fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 16, 2016

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Chrysophylax posted:

E:

Why do all the female crew members look like they were born with the names Barry, Butch, Chuck, Axel and had a sex change? They look manly as hell. I was expecting at least one exotic beauty that looks like Aisling Duval in the list of the hundreds I have checked.

Who wants to share a cockpit with an apparent female that may or may not have a bigger appendage than you? I would rather have the Blue Haired Princess sat on my lap in skimpy undies as I mangle her enemies in my FDL. If I can't have her, at least give me a semi-good looking gal. I want to be able to look over to my co-pilot seat and see rays of sunshine, see rose petals raining and hear the beautiful sounds of the Earth birds as I gaze upon her then BAAAAAMMM!!!! Asteroid and Rebuy screen. Not look over my shoulder at something that may or may not be human and fear for my rear end as I sleep at night.

There are weird ways to jigger it around where your ship is allowed to use more fuel than normal for a jump and gets more range, rather than just ignoring the jump range calculation entirely.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!

Chrysophylax posted:

E:

What an embarrassing, creepy, shameful post.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

What an embarrassing, creepy, shameful post.

I didn't read past him quoting my post and yes that is quite :yikes:worthy.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
Guess I should've sourced it

Every post by me either defending insane game suggestions or making them was taken straight from the brown sea.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Chrysophylax posted:

E:

source your....ewwwww :barf:

edit: unsource it unsource it!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chrysophylax posted:

Guess I should've sourced it

Every post by me either defending insane game suggestions or making them was taken straight from the brown sea.

these people are broken

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Chrysophylax posted:

E:

LOL this really did make me laugh but you're so right. They are drat ugly and I won't hire any of them purely because of how grotesque they look, jeez, I'm shallow.

e: oh man this is the gift that keeps on giving

quote:

Most pretty boys and girls never have to get up early to go to work, of fight for a living. By the time they leave daddies nice warm nest, they have their future nests, warmed and lined for them; ready for all the pampering they desire. Some of course, choose to graft and work hard to build their own futures, but most know no other way.

quote:

There's nothing wrong with my post. Yours however, is very stereotypical and inaccurate. I know plenty of 'Pretty boys and girls' that didn't have mummy and daddy to help them out and everything they own, they got for themselves through hard work and risk.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

:catstare: Why are Aisling supporters always so loving creepy?

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
Want creepy? Try this on for size. Lol teh gay xD

On the other hand I might've imparted my own bias on the OP. I've seen too many crew-waifu threads to see anything but bigotry and sexism.

Chrysophylax fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 16, 2016

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Chrysophylax posted:

Want creepy? Try this on for size. Lol teh gay xD

On the other hand I might've imparted my own bias on the OP. I've seen too many crew-waifu threads to see anything but bigotry and sexism.

:trumppop:

timn posted:

I want to say there's something more to it than just RNG. I spent an absurd amount of time at a high pop station scanning wakes and only got a few of the right thing. Then on recommendation from a random brown sea post I popped over to Jameson Memorial in the founder's system and was immediately getting as many datamined wake exceptions as I could handle.

Not only was the amount of traffic higher, but the drop rate was clearly different.

I unironically believe the spawns are better in the Founder's system, since that was the place the Super-Patrician-Alpha-Kickstarters first got access to. I've been looking all over for arsenic: nothing for weeks. I found 30 in an hour in Shinrarta the other night...and more the night after...and even more after that. :smithicide:

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I unironically believe the spawns are better in the Founder's system

Do all the planets there cover all 25 elements? That would be one hell of a clue

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

wargames posted:

Well Front ear has been working on a game and it gets released soon.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/

Ever since I heard about this game, my one and only question is whether or not the visitors to the park will be able to get off Mr. Bones wild ride.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Apple Craft posted:

Ever since I heard about this game, my one and only question is whether or not the visitors to the park will be able to get off Mr. Bones wild ride.

Same, but Mr Bonestripper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

:trumppop:

I unironically believe the spawns are better in the Founder's system, since that was the place the Super-Patrician-Alpha-Kickstarters first got access to. I've been looking all over for arsenic: nothing for weeks. I found 30 in an hour in Shinrarta the other night...and more the night after...and even more after that. :smithicide:

Maybe the drops are better in the systems where you need a permit. I found Arsenic pretty easily in Sol. Maybe I should go back there for wake scanning. Last night produced zero Datamined Wake Exceptions.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

quote:

Its also a game, a game has to be fun.

I respectfully disagree. Games don't have to be fun. They can be challenging and rewarding instead. Most people would probably say that a game of chess isn't fun, but lots of people play it nonetheless.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Passenger missions are great, I landed at the destination and while I'm watching the little animation as the station services opens I hear "incoming mission critical message" and they want to go back to the station they started at. :suicide:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

If you never open that tab the change request never happens :ssh:

I just ignore it. Frick you we had a deal I'm upholding my end of it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

It doesn't really make sense anyway, at least for economy passengers. It's like me taking a Southwest flight to LA and then going "you know what, I changed my mind, take me to Vegas instead."

You bought your coach ticket, get the hell off my spacebus.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

It doesn't really make sense anyway, at least for economy passengers. It's like me taking a Southwest flight to LA and then going "you know what, I changed my mind, take me to Vegas instead."

You bought your coach ticket, get the hell off my spacebus.

Agreed it makes sense for VIP missions but zero sense for regular passengers.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Yeah, I never do but it still happens sometimes. The best part is that I would happily just abandon the mission when this happens but doing so permanently reduces the number of missions you can hold at once. :frontear:

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

I heard this doesn't work all the time. What kind of missions were you doing where it worked?

My strat for passengers who wanted cargo was to simply not have cargo racks. Made sightseeing trips a breeze.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Passenger missions worked as late as last week.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, I never do but it still happens sometimes. The best part is that I would happily just abandon the mission when this happens but doing so permanently reduces the number of missions you can hold at once. :frontear:

Wait what? I thought the limit was 20 no matter what...what are you talking about? :ohdear:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Chrysophylax posted:

I respectfully disagree. Games don't have to be fun. They can be challenging and rewarding instead. Most people would probably say that a game of chess isn't fun, but lots of people play it nonetheless.

Games can be fun for several different reasons. Challenging or rewarding are reasons a game is fun. Elite is often sometimes maybe occasionally not fun.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
Brown sea spergs don't know what a fun is apparently.

Wait what? I thought the limit was 20 no matter what...what are you talking about? :ohdear:

It was a bug that's since been fixed. Abandoning a passenger mission permanently reduced your max mission count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The real issue is that if you remove the things that aren't fun (monotonous grind) there aren't many fun things left.

• Locked thread