Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
My rerolling is going pretty crappy. The current mix given to newbies is 10 standard packs and 25 expansion, so I suppose that might skew my class choice toward stuff that has a lot of good expansion Legendaries. Still, I've been getting a lot of 4-5 Legendary rolls with maybe 1 of those being top-tier.

This last pull was bizarre, though. 3 Olivias (1 animated), a Satan and a dragonflute thing. I saved it for now mostly because I have to be off to work, but I'm probably going to keep rerolling to get something more class-based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Getsuya posted:

My rerolling is going pretty crappy. The current mix given to newbies is 10 standard packs and 25 expansion, so I suppose that might skew my class choice toward stuff that has a lot of good expansion Legendaries. Still, I've been getting a lot of 4-5 Legendary rolls with maybe 1 of those being top-tier.

This last pull was bizarre, though. 3 Olivias (1 animated), a Satan and a dragonflute thing. I saved it for now mostly because I have to be off to work, but I'm probably going to keep rerolling to get something more class-based.

Might be worth using that last one, since animated cards can get turned into 3x the amount of vials as normal.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm one Aurelia and one Tsubaki short of this midrange sword list I saw. Using White Paladin and Dragonewt Charlotte in those slots in the meantime. It feels strong against the things I've run into at B3/A0, still able to pressure Rune for easy wins and able to outvalue the various aggressive decks.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The best opening hand for banner depends heavily on theatchup. Against factions that are likely to throw down a one drop, I prefer vanguard, but against haven or rune quick blader is better. Either way, as long as I get 1-2-3 in my hand with maid as my 2, I'm really drat happy.

Unless I'm going second, in which case I'm unconditionally mulling for a floral fencer. That card is dumb.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'd play more Take Two (I really need Lord of the Flies) but every match my opponent topdecks Olivia and you lose due to a huge momentum swing.

Olivia is strong but she's really not that overwhelming

most 9-drops can take over a game in short order if your deck isn't prepared to face them

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'd play take two more if it wasnt just sword craft every game i swear to god

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cheap-rear end Banner sword continues its streak, getting close to B. 3 victims (I only played for the quests) today: 2 ptp fairy assholes and one ramp dragon (lol!) crushed.

I could actually out-zerg forest with my two-for-ones so trades and the board were always in my favor and they had to use roaches and such to clear my crap. No time for them to accumulate fairies on hand for combos because as soon as the maid drops they realize they have to clear my stuff. I guess the lesson is that even as forest you do need angelic barrage, specially since you're gonna be altering fate anyways.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
So leapdroid is apparently discontinued because the makers got scooped up by Google. All the download locations I've been searching have seemed very sketchy. Does anyone know a non sketchy place to get it or an effective alternative android emulator?

\/\/Thanks!\/\/

Abisteen fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 15, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Abisteen posted:

So leapdroid is apparently discontinued because the makers got scooped up by Google. All the download locations I've been searching have seemed very sketchy. Does anyone know a non sketchy place to get it or an effective alternative android emulator?

I kept the installer and uploaded it to mediafire. On the other hand, maybe I'm sketchy too, I dunno.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Finally had enough vials saved up to craft 3 Ancient Elves, 3 Crystalia Tias, 3 Rhinoceroaches and 3 Elf Knight Cynthias.

Play Ancient Elf, bounce the one already on the board, alongside with Liza and Tia.

Play Liza, then play Tia.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I did this for 5 turns until she finally managed to kill my Ancient Elf.

Forest is pure cancer.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
It's a good day :3:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

jealous

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Zoness posted:

most 9-drops can take over a game in short order if your deck isn't prepared to face them

Talking about take-two not contructed where Olivia can rock your world.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Wanna trade for my animated Skullfane, it's got cool purple lights

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Wanna trade for my animated Skullfane, it's got cool purple lights

I'll trade it for a non-animated Minotaur.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
After about a dozen rerolls it finally paid off:

Dragonsong Flute
Soul Dealer
Crystalia Tia x2
Pascale (Animated)
Otohime
Queen Vampire
Alexander
Pluto
Enstatued Seraph
Olivia

(I also got a full set of 3 Elf Girl Lisas)

Finally time to actually play the game.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What's the best way to cap card animations? I can show off my swanky D-Shift.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I dunno about the best but I use Gyazo

Just went 5-0 with this deck and it was probably the most easy 5-0 I've ever done. I didn't even get a chance to evolve a floral fencer either and I went first for four of the games.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My short time in the A0 meta has broken it down to this:

Bloodcraft aggro.
Midrange swordcraft piloted terribly.

I think Mid Sword just has such outlandish card quality that all sorts of potatoes made it up here despite having no idea what they're doing. I ran into them as Blood aggro several times with bad hands and still pulled out wins because they trade badly and have really poor understanding of when to trade or pressure the face.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Talking about take-two not contructed where Olivia can rock your world.

me too

she's certainly the strongest 9-drop overall but not significantly more so than the other strong 9-drops

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 16, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I think tonight is not going to be my night, went 4-1 with this swordcraft deck but I went first and was up against swordcraft in all five matches. I lost the first game too which made me feel like poo poo and I almost retired the deck right after

Anyway this was what i wanted to show off:

I didn't have a before picture because I didn't even realize what I just did. Basically the board was just the dragonnewt, cursed general and gardener, so 4 3 4 (11) damage on the board. I had a rousing step and that useless desert rider in my hand and they just played satan so I'm in a pretty bad situation where I will most likely die the next turn. And then I draw the 4 mana card that summons two 2/2 officers - Holy poo poo, I just miracle topdecked a lethal out of my loving rear end

Looking back at the deck, that draw was in fact the only possible draw that I could've win with in that turn as I had no other officer left in the deck that could've given me lethal and only the remaining koga draw would've given me a clean way to get rid of the satan and not delay lethal for too many turns. Being super loving greedy with the cursed general and gardener which I held in my hand the whole game saved my dumb rear end

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 16, 2016

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Zoness posted:

Most 9-drops stop affecting the board after they die. Even if you are slightly ahead, Olivia just crushes most boardstates, especially in a top deck war. Being prepared to face Olivia involves having an absurd board state advantage, unlike most 9-s that can be answered by removal.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I hope this guy isn't thinking about conceding because I'm not sure there's a better use for Reina than Death's Breath into Reina

(he conceded while I was writing this rip)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Olivia is good in control vs control, but doesn't do all that much against aggro or combo. If the game goes on long enough for it to matter then they've already lost or won, depending.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Clarste posted:

Olivia is good in control vs control, but doesn't do all that much against aggro or combo. If the game goes on long enough for it to matter then they've already lost or won, depending.

Guess I'm not in the right league but most of my take two games drag out to 9 at the least with both sides balancing each other.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh, sorry, forgot we were talking about take 2. It's harder to create a combo deck in take two so it's definitely better there. If a game actually goes on to turn 11+ then it's ridiculous.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

This poo poo is so hosed, 20 arena matches and I went first in 17 of them

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Been rerolling for a bit but I think I finally got a decent one.

Bloody Mary, Odin, Queen Vampire, and Tsubaki. Should be okay yeah?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Lord of the Flies looks cool and I'm debating trying to figure out how to make a deck with him, is he worth the effort?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is it really possible to build a deck around that? Lord of the Flies is just a good 7 point minion, not really anything especially fancy. It's also inherently unpredictable in what it will summon.

Speaking of predictability, I'm liking the reliability of Face Dragon. Well, it's not exactly reliable since you basically need to draw 2-3 Fortes by turn 5/6 to have a reasonable chance of winning, but based on my quick calculations (ie: google search for a card draw calculator), you have about an 85% chance of that happening, counting the mulligan, and not counting any other bonus drawing you might do. Using Dragon Emissary when Forte is the only applicable card is clever in that standard card game sense, and the Dragonewt Scholar combo is also rewarding in its own way. It feels like I'm stacking the deck in my favor, rather than just hoping for the best, which is such a relief after Pascale Rune.

On the other hand, it's stopped dead by Ancient Elf which can be frustrating.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
My greatest win comes against Forest PtP where I play Sacred Plea just turns before I play Satan, give me the draws to get Astaroth's Reckoning and a poke from a bunny rabbit to secure the win before the last tick of PtP finishes me off.

I had to fend off 3 ancient elves, two Crystalia Tias, and two roaches so it was a neckdecking C ranker playing tryhard in unranked. I just want my dailies.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Guess I'm not in the right league but most of my take two games drag out to 9 at the least with both sides balancing each other.

Most of my take two games are almost clearly decided by turn 9, late game bombs notwithstanding. If you play a somewhat aggressive deck or a deck without a strong lategame plan, you have to be prepared to go for a win against a deck with a strong lategame by going wide and trying to hit their face before they stabilize. On the other hand if you've managed to keep a grip full of solid removal you can just weather out three evolutions.

If your opponent has kept ahead and sticks Olivia then you were probably losing anyway barring an insane topdeck v:shobon:v. The same idea applies to cards like leonidas or polyphonic.

That said given that Olivia is a neutral card she's probably a bit too strong in take two, especially compared to other neutrals, since going wide against some classes like Dragon is really risky, but it's pretty safe against Sword, and going wide is the best way to try to fight an Olivia.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 16, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's the logic behind the stuff the achievements page keeps as "CLEARED" vs. the ones it just removes when you claim your reward? It seems weird that like it keeps a record of my rewards for clearing Beginner, D, and C ranks but not B and A or like some of my elite practice clears but not others, etc. And what the hell do the stars mean?

edit: Nevermind. The stars mean like there's more levels of the same achievement. It doesn't explain it but like "Win X Games as Shadow" has different tiers to clear, and the stars are used to indicate that. The "Cleared" ones are like "hey, you've gone through all the levels we have for this and the amount of stars show how many levels those were."

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 16, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Honestly a lot of arena games are decided between turns 4 and 5. The first evolution is such a huge tempo swing. If they play something like priest of the cudgel or dragon warrior and you don't have a good response, then you are at such a deficit that it's hard to come back from.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I lost with one of the best decks I've ever drafted because the opponent did almost nothing then evolved turn 4 and 5 Floral Knights.

Strength and bullshit together.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Mr. Whale posted:

Honestly a lot of arena games are decided between turns 4 and 5. The first evolution is such a huge tempo swing. If they play something like priest of the cudgel or dragon warrior and you don't have a good response, then you are at such a deficit that it's hard to come back from.

In my experience the only tempo swing even remotely close to the getting the first evo is getting the last and look, the same player gets both unless something weird is going down.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

Forest is pure cancer.

Speaking of cancer decks...after getting my Shadow to lvl 100, I switched to the enemy side and made an Elena-Seraph deck.

Playing this in B rank just feels unfair.

Glory Be!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Elana's prayer is making me all salty, gently caress that card. So much value going on with the leader healing and minions trading hard.

And 2nd turn advantage feels too real with evolve effects.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 18, 2016

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

so if i have three oliva's and one is animated, am i free to melt the animated one? i doubt id ever need three, but might as well see and ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

if you don't care about the rarity, then yeah, go for it. The only decks to even use 2x olivia are expensive rear end control decks that get crushed by the current premier decks anyway.

• Locked thread