Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

amazeballs posted:

Sombra is working in Quick Play. Played a quick round at work. GL goons in locking her in before someone else on your team does.

What is this work tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Is anyone else getting a big FPS drop (like 50%) after the patch? Or did I just gently caress it up myself by installing new drivers?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

You should report this, as well as the bug where you can't be Hanzo if someone else already is

Sombra and hero limit wasn't active if anyone in the match were playing without the update.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Not gonna lie, the 3x3 mode is pretty fun so far. I mean yeah you need to base your picks around Roadhog 100% but it's still cool, it's short and it gets real tense sometimes

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
3v3 and 1v1 own and getting 11 lootboxes in like 3 hours each week also owns

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't to be a bad Genji with a terrific skin.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does arcade mode stuff count towards your stats?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

terrified of my bathroom posted:

3v3 and 1v1 own and getting 11 lootboxes in like 3 hours each week also owns

It's just three lootboxes per week, but still rad

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Does arcade mode track stats?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I've learned that I'm bad because I've lost probably 80% of my 1v1 and 3v3 games.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Harlock posted:

Does arcade mode track stats?

No, but they're looking to the No Limit tracking stats and allowing achievements since it's basically exactly what QP has been up to now.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I've learned that I'm bad because I've lost probably 80% of my 1v1 and 3v3 games.

I quit out of my one and only 1v1 after 7 rounds because somewhere around round 4 it became unbearable torture.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Currently not enjoying having everybody on my team instapick Sombra and be loving garbage. 100% loss rate with Sombra on my team so far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mystery duel is loving garbage wow

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Mystery duel is cool and helps me see how bad I am at the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it doesn't because it plays nothing like a normal game and you get random heroes, half of which make no loving sense in a 1v1 in the first place. this is worse than most of the goddawful brawls they've added

e: one life is not enough to get a sense of how good you are or to get better at it

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 16, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
This just in, Torb is still garbage, quit picking him for KOTH maps.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mystery duel is neat. I went 4-0 before ending up with 5-2

How often do game modes rotate in Arcade? Weekly? Will the first win boxes replenish weekly as well?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

No.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Why do you hate carefree fun?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Oxyclean posted:

How often do game modes rotate in Arcade? Weekly? Will the first win boxes replenish weekly as well?
Don't know about the rotation in arcade since we only got one week of PTR but I believe 1v1, 3v3 and no limit are permanent. I think Mystery 6v6 should also be permanent.
I'm pretty sure the first win boxes refresh each week.

The tweaks on Pharah feel really good playing her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dyz posted:

Why do you hate carefree fun?

it's not fun

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
3s is way more fun than normal modes, hope they add a comp for it eventually or maybe make specific balance adjustments for 3s like WoW has for PvE/PvP distinction. I 1v3'd a team earlier as Mei, feels good.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

There's literally no reason to play QP now, when you can get 6 wins faster in arcade (at least 6v6 no limit) and get more lootboxes.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Thor-Stryker posted:

its effective against oblivious teams on 1 map

village in the temple set of KOTH maps.

let your team go in first, fight away, head to the point and place the turret tightly in the corner on your teams side of the point near the house on the tip of the map by the weird abandoned house thing. (confusing but, using the spawn points as south, the norther part of the point. on the side of the column that belongs to your team.)

as long as the rest of your team is competent then you'll killing one oblivious person per try and killing who ever comes near the turret because two of its sides are covered.The other 2 left are the point itself along with the area to the side of it. ideally it's covering one angle, you the other.

Other than that him on KOTH is garbage.

I found that with him, nothing with symmetra

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
While I get that widow's a specific thing, she's also made almost solely as a sniper where as hanzo snipes but provides area denial in the form of a large as gently caress ult and special "bullet" types.

Windowmaker would be awesome if this game was solely team death match or something but she feels drastically out of place.

I almost wish she had some ability to use poison in more skills than that one or trapping people as an alternate method of play, but I can see why they did what they did. (Like I understand that the game isn't for console but that would have been an opportune time to split her skill set, because i just automatically reserve myself to a 5 v 6 when a widow is on my team and quit if there is widow and hanzo on attack before the match begins)

Symmetra feels like a let down because of the potential of her kit from basic lore alone.

Symmetra can construct cities out of light and they gave her 1 Hp turrets and 25 HP shields.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 16, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

play roadhog

Manatee Cannon posted:

it owns actually

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Fenarisk posted:

There's literally no reason to play QP now, when you can get 6 wins faster in arcade (at least 6v6 no limit) and get more lootboxes.

Actually the reason to play QP is if you want casual games without hero stacking and also without the drawn out length and people shrieking into their mics of comp. I couldn't give less of a poo poo about lootboxes if I tried.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

Is there something special about 6 wins?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

Is there something special about 6 wins?

Sorry, I meant 9 wins in order to get 3 boxes, plus 2 more for the first win of the week on 1v1 and 3v3.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it says random map for the 6v6 mystery brawl but ive gotten KOTH 6 times in a row. which i immediately leave. good thing they forgot to put leaver penalties in for arcade, though the warning still pops up!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

Sorry, I meant 9 wins in order to get 3 boxes, plus 2 more for the first win of the week on 1v1 and 3v3.

But after you get your weekly boxes, there's not really any reason to play Arcade over QP unless you want to.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

so help me out here fam I don't remember if this thing about Torb's turret was in the ptr notes, I don't remember running into a Torb any of the times I played Sombra on ptr, but since Sombra cannot be damaged to complete a hack, doesn't this mean she can't hack Torb's turret unless it's shooting at something else, in which case it would be better to just shoot and destroy it? Does she need more than one clip to kill it? JUST WONDERING

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yes, you are correct. I don't know when it would actually be worthwhile to hack a turret, might be situationally ok(or at least more fun) if hacking them made them target enemies.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

IronicDongz posted:

Yes, you are correct. I don't know when it would actually be worthwhile to hack a turret, might be situationally ok(or at least more fun) if hacking them made them target enemies.

The only thing I can think of is during molten core, since the turret is ridiculously hard to kill at that point. Of course, you have to be able to get at it without getting blown up...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hitting it with an EMP also disables it too.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

1v1 seems kinda goofy, can't imagine how hard it is to win a 1v1 Lucio duel. Must take forever. 3v3 seems quasi-moronic because there are no healthkits (that I can see?) so heroes with self-sustain are brutally overpowered compared to those without. Something like Lucio, Roadhog and Mei can crush nearly any lineup. That's only general first impressions, I'm sure people will figure out some degenerate combos/gimmicks.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jeza posted:

1v1 seems kinda goofy, can't imagine how hard it is to win a 1v1 Lucio duel. Must take forever.

Lucio and Mercy are exempt from the 1v1 mode.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jeza posted:

1v1 seems kinda goofy, can't imagine how hard it is to win a 1v1 Lucio duel. Must take forever. 3v3 seems quasi-moronic because there are no healthkits (that I can see?) so heroes with self-sustain are brutally overpowered compared to those without. Something like Lucio, Roadhog and Mei can crush nearly any lineup. That's only general first impressions, I'm sure people will figure out some degenerate combos/gimmicks.
Self sustain is only really powerful when your support goes down. That said, Roadhog and Soldier 76 are definitely both really good, and I would prefer if it both had some healthpacks, and a point to cap after a certain amount of time ala tf2 to prevent cheesy stalling tactics.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Lucio and Mercy are exempt from the 1v1 mode.

A shame. Maybe. I insta-gibbed my opponent as Zenyatta, was p funny. Mercy killings might teach people to use their pistol too.