Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Kenseth getting punted was a beautiful thing. Quintessential Chase format.

edit: #JOLO snipe

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wanted to make a "Kyle isn't good enough for a championship when he runs all the races" joke. :(

Go...Carl or Kyle. Ugh.

e- https://twitter.com/MarioAndretti/status/797941389975654400

Naturally, Dale Jr posted a laugh emoji.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 14, 2016

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

fuseshock posted:

When the caution came out the 18 was out front of the 22, not that it matters because the result for the final 4 was the same, I guess NASCAR always fucks up somehow.

It goes back to the last completed lap (until it doesn't)

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

The moment we've all I've been waiting for

http://brock.lastcar.info/2016/11/trucks-some-random-issue-hands-spencer.html

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

LASTCAR, that rocks.

Also, you can get a photo of the fight heard 'round the world, signed by the participants!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I like how on the last lap of the race instead of talking about Joey Logano at all NBC and Rick Schweiger started sucking some Kyle Dick

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

I like how on the last lap of the race instead of talking about Joey Logano at all NBC and Rick Schweiger started sucking some Kyle Dick

The NFL on NBC guys were just talking about JoLo...so that probably pissed off a lot of Pats fans. Or at least I hope so.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

dentist toy box posted:

Because logano sucks donkey balls.

At least Kyle is somewhat of a dirty driver and fun to watch. Logano is just boring sprint car driver #37869

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Kyle is DW circa 1980 and the more you boo him the faster he is

don't boo Kyle

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

quote:

Restrictor-plate engines in Indy XFINITY race? NASCAR is considering a major experiment to see if it can improve the racing entertainment at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where there has been precious few green-flag passes for the lead in recent years. The sanction is considering use of restrictor-plate engines in next year's second-tier Xfinity Series event at IMS, azcentral sports has learned. Plate engines, which restrict engine horsepower, are only mandated at the high-speed banked Daytona and Talladega superspeedways. If tried, and if deemed successful, plate engines could be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 - still arguably Cup's second-most prestigious race after the Daytona 500.(Arizona Republic)(11-14-2016)

9_9

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

http://www.nhms.com/media/headlines/tbt-infamous-restrictor-plate-race.html

http://racing-reference.info/race/2000_Dura_Lube_300_Sponsored_by_Kmart/W

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Weren't IROC cars restricted? I remember a couple decent races at IMS.

I remember seeing something about a possible NXS test with plates. I'd love to see the video.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

My first thought was "Wow, VikingSkull is going to hate this."

See what happens when you don't vote?

Switching gears: Maybe don't bring back the Dale dead so what avatar. The more I think about my other idea, the more I like it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
at least I didn't vote for Jill Stein and I will lord that over anyone that did regardless of the blatant hypocrisy

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

at least I didn't vote for Jill Stein and I will lord that over anyone that did regardless of the blatant hypocrisy

A guy I work with votes for Jill Stein. This despite the fact that we work in the nuclear industry.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
"If tried, and if deemed successful, plate engines could be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 - still arguably Cup's second-most prestigious race after the Daytona 500."

*squints* y-yeah?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

arguably

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'd argue that plate racing at Indy would not make it any worse than it already is.

Because I don't think it could get worse

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

"If tried, and if deemed successful, plate engines could be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 - still arguably Cup's second-most prestigious race after the Daytona 500."

*squints* y-yeah?

monaco is a prestigious race and it is terrible

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Its arguably 'a race'

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
How to make the Indy race more entertaining: Move it to IRP.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

How to make the Indy race more entertaining: Move it to IRP.

i hate when people suggest this because it hurts knowing it will never ever happen

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Monster Cup Series, my dudes

Sounds a hell of a lot better than fuckin Kroger

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

kidcoelacanth posted:

Great. Now we go from a name that sounds like Sprint Cars to a name that sounds like Monster Trucks. :bravo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Smoke live-tweeted the 2011 Homestead race in the same manner as Dale Jr did the 2001 Pepsi 400 during its reair. Good insight: https://twitter.com/TonyStewart

Here are the standings as they would've looked in olden times if anybody cares. Harvick's about to get dicked out of another title:
1) #4-Kevin Harvick(EC), 1120
2) #22-Joey Logano(C1), 1095, -25
3) #2-Brad Keselowski(EC), 1083, -37
4) #18-Kyle Busch(C4), 1069, -51
5) #11-Denny Hamlin(EC), 1052, -68
6) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 1027, -93
7) #19-Carl Edwards(C3), 997, -123
8) #78-Martin Truex Jr.(EC), 986, -134
9) #48-Jimmie Johnson(C2), 963, -157
10) #20-Matt Kenseth(EC), 963, -157

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ahahahahahahahaha thanks man this rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

kidcoelacanth posted:

It isn't a great name because of "Cup", like "Monster Series" would honestly flow a lot better

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the nascar monster series monstars vs tune squad duels at daytona, presented by space jam 2

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
dont act like you wouldnt watch that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i would skip my own wedding to watch that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

So it's the Nascar Monster Cup Series?!

gently caress I love NASCAR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here's some "show your work" for the Monster rumors, as I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not: http://beyondtheflag.com/2016/11/14/nascar-monster-energy-cup-series-monster-named-finalist-sponsor-search/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oh no not beyond the flag

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

Thanks. Once I thought of the eye, I decided someone was getting it.

And I for one welcome the NASCAR Munster Cup Series.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The Munster's Hot Rods were seriously awesome.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

I love your new av.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Haha, Wicka's in cat jail for trolling the Nintendo Switch thread.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Kinda off topic, but...

https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/798532879215104001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I hope for the first race of the Monster Race series Fred Durst comes out with a monster hat on and sings "rollin"
Then they give away free monster tattoos to the firs 100 patrons into Daytona that day.

• Locked thread