Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parallax posted:

can't believe anno is referencing ultraman again, what a jagoff

ah, /m/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://openings.moe/?video=Opening3TV-MonogatariSeriesSecondSeason

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Simulacra posted:

Wait..what?

black posters got too loud and were generating too many reports so the mods created separate ghetto threads where they would be able to report people for saying racist/sexist poo poo while leaving the main ones pretty free.

Welcome to Negrotown.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I never went to dnd before and I just wanted to learn a bit about the election but what I got instead was white 'progressive' dudes doing the equivalent of driving your roll coal pickup through downtown and yelling and honking at every black dude you see.

It made me more depressed than I was before haha.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

black posters got too loud and were generating too many reports so the mods created separate ghetto threads where they would be able to report people for saying racist/sexist poo poo while leaving the main ones pretty free.

Welcome to Negrotown.

are they gonna start probating and banning posters in those threads for minor offenses

just go the whole way

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

im glad burbo is my brobo in not watching symphogear

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

are they gonna start probating and banning posters in those threads for minor offenses

just go the whole way

start?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Erg posted:

it's got my gay endorsement

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

it's never bothered me but utenas the only one I picked up on so I probably need to watch more anime

Parallax posted:

can't believe anno is referencing ultraman again, what a jagoff

Parallax posted:

i don't know why people get so weird over su referencing anime

artists reference stuff they like

I think it was because, aside from just preferring Gravity Falls overall, I never got the hype behind Steven Universe. Plus, Gravity Falls actually ended. Sure, there were a couple of things that could've been better about the ending (and the lead-up to it), but I really really RRRRREALLY liked it. Plus, the whole "Holy poo poo, did they actually made a joke about [insert topic that you think wouldn't fly otherwise in the Disney Channel]? In a kids-oriented show?"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

adventure time Got Bad, also. western animation :whitewater:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

You'll join him in the Symphogear reeducation camps.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sharkopath posted:

Welcome to Negrotown.

After reading a bit of negrotown, I can indeed say that the authorities respond quickly in negrotown.

E: poo poo should I even be saying that?

Also I just really like reading gf's, tb's, and lk's posts.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

adventure time Got Bad, also. western animation :whitewater:

yeah

i sure freaking love relationship drama in this 11 minute per episode joke cartoon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax posted:

my disappointment with adolescence is that it doesn't really say anything new or add anything,
mayhaps, ikuhara actually is a genius at metaphors

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also symphogear is good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

yeah

i sure freaking love relationship drama in this 11 minute per episode joke cartoon

the "every other power I didn't mention by name" bit still makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vE6hfVKGMk&t=13s

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

After reading a bit of negrotown, I can indeed say that the authorities respond quickly in negrotown.

E: poo poo should I even be saying that?

Also I just really like reading gf's, tb's, and lk's posts.

actual dnd threads are caught in an endless and inescapable knife fight smug posting circle about candidacy, at least negrotown is people talking about issues and stuff

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

I think it was because, aside from just preferring Gravity Falls overall, I never got the hype behind Steven Universe. Plus, Gravity Falls actually ended. Sure, there were a couple of things that could've been better about the ending (and the lead-up to it), but I really really RRRRREALLY liked it. Plus, the whole "Holy poo poo, did they actually made a joke about [insert topic that you think wouldn't fly otherwise in the Disney Channel]? In a kids-oriented show?"

For me it's cool to see a children's show that's so queer because despite how stupid the conservative rhetoric about gays in the media is most lgbt media isn't child appropriate because it's about sex (most obviously) or the adult misery of being gay or w/e and I wish there had been something like it when I was growing up. Also it's a heartwarming show about an unconventional family.
I don't think there's any reason to think it'll drag on adventure time style yet but it does release on some weird schedule I don't understand at all.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

tfw you'll never be shoulder carrier by a strong man because you're 6'1

date an nfl player

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
steven universe is just a fun, feel-good show with some really cool character stuff and i hate that people get super loving weird about it so much in pretty much every direction to the point of harassing the showrunners for thinking a ship is cute

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

steven universe is just a fun, feel-good show with some really cool character stuff and i hate that people get super loving weird about it so much in pretty much every direction to the point of harassing the showrunners for thinking a ship is cute

a fandom that's creepy and terrible? holy poo poo! no way!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I kept liking Adventure Time even after it crawled up its own rear end but I never was able to get into SU. Since it was on Hulu I watched a bunch of episodes once when I didn't have anything better to do and it was alright, but I didn't get the feels or anything so I never kept up with it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

The wonderful future of people making a thing they like into their whole identity.

I mean there's nothing wrong with liking and identifying or drawing some sense of belonging from something, but people still need to recognize that they are not that thing and know when to let go.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

The wonderful future of people making a thing they like into their whole identity.

I mean there's nothing wrong with liking and identifying or drawing some sense of belonging from something, but people still need to recognize that they are not that thing and know when to let go.

i am anime

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

You'll join him in the Symphogear reeducation camps.

Never force a friend or a loved one to watch a show. Or don't just drop a show on them and/or recommend them to watch it without explaining why. Before I adopted her, I told my daughter that since she really liked FMA: Brotherhood that she'd LOVE Madoka. I think to this day she still really dislikes the show. On the other side of the coin: When she got curious about Legend of the Galactic Heroes a few months before I legally adopted her, when she asked me about it, I flat out told her "Imagine Game of Thrones but, like, 15 years before the first A Song of Ice and Fire novel came out. Also, it's outer space". I think she actually likes it more than Game of Thrones nowadays.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Also maybe she wouldn't have liked Madoka anyway, though. If it's not to her taste then it's not to her taste. Sure, setting her up with the wrong expectations probably didn't help but that's usually only cause for short term disappointment and not long term dislike.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

x

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait thats why the negrotown thread exists :stare:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Someone linked electro-rough a few weeks back and I've slowly been going through the artist's work since then. It's really nice.

I just checked it tonight and the domain has expired...

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
First racists give them all my fried chicken and watermelon, and now the good politics threads? When will this madness end?!??

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Welcome to Negrotown.

holy poo poo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/tenleid/status/798683993667407872

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Parallax posted:

thinking more about it, i guess my disappointment with adolescence is that it doesn't really say anything new or add anything, other than make utena and anthy's relationship more explicit and directly connected by the end

i prefer the end of the series, even if it is kind of the same thing

https://twitter.com/Paunchberry/status/733154349921280000

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

That's a pretty uncool! :(

Shipping is okay, but you should never try to cram your opinions about which two or more characters should be going out / doing it. Having teenagers at my place actually having serious discussions on this taught me that. It also taught me that Hikki, despite having started out as unlikable a high-school anime/LN main character as you can get:
  • Grew on me
  • Became surprisingly popular, despite the fact that I thought most people were going to concentrate on the way more reasonable YukinoxYui

Xinder posted:

Also maybe she wouldn't have liked Madoka anyway, though. If it's not to her taste then it's not to her taste. Sure, setting her up with the wrong expectations probably didn't help but that's usually only cause for short term disappointment and not long term dislike.

I think she saw a couple of the promotional images around December 2011 and that got her all "Wait, this looks like Card Captor Sakura!" (which she really likes). Then I told her "Yeah, it's actually a really heavy show. It's more like FMA". I think it was me doing a piss-poor job of telling her "Yeah, this is probably not going to be an easy-going ride" and I incorrectly colored her expectations. Yeah, I think you might be onto something.

Then again, I get a kick every time she says that Evangelion is dogshit and her friends give her never-ending amounts of crap for that, so who knows.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Never force a friend or a loved one to watch a show.

As someone who has been on the receiving end of this, yeah. There are a couple shows I know I'm weird about because my friend wouldn't take "I don't know if this is for me" as an answer.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Wark Say posted:

"Wait, this looks like Card Captor Sakura!" (which she really likes)

Then again, I get a kick every time she says that Evangelion is dogshit and her friends give her never-ending amounts of crap for that, so who knows.

i suddenly like your daughter a lot

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Xinder posted:

i suddenly like your daughter a lot

e: just realized that could sound creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

i don't know why people get so weird over su referencing anime

artists reference stuff they like

i mean i can see why people do, but they're not great reasons since it's just being reactionary against cartoons/anime one way or the other.

• Locked thread