Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

What if they just brought the Past-Earth Dragonballs along with them in the time machine? Then they could revive Piccolo/Kami and Trunks can fix the rest of the universe from there.

They've been dead for over a year, bad things happen when you revive someone who's been dead for over a year.

Then again, the bad thing is that they revive as they died, and considering Kami died from Piccolo dying, he should revive in perfect shape, thus bringing back Piccolo as well...hopefully not how he was killed by the Androids, because I doubt his head was spared. The problem is that you're then in the same situation about reviving the rest of the Earthlings, you're bringing them back only to immediately die again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like putting the Dragon Balls in a time machine would be the last straw before any remaining semblance of sanity flies out the window. Fuckin' alternate Cyber-Raditz is going to show up in a time machine and steal the past's Dragon Balls while Goku was trashing the Red Ribbon Army, or something. Tien's third eye lets him see when things are from the future. Past and Present Shenlong get in a fight. I don't even know.

What am I even saying I would 100% watch this nonsense.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 16, 2016

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

YggiDee posted:

I feel like putting the Dragon Balls in a time machine would be the last straw before any remaining semblance of sanity flies out the window. Fuckin' alternate Cyber-Raditz is going to show up in a time machine and steal the past's Dragon Balls while Goku was trashing the Red Ribbon Army, or something. Tien's third eye lets him see when things are from the future. Past and Present Shenlong get in a fight. I don't even know.

This should be how Xenoverse 3 starts

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bring back those aliens that could SEE THE FUUUUTUUURE from the Bardock special.

YggiDee posted:

Supreme Kai of Time then blows her brains out in despair.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

what did they do with Raditz's corpse when he died

did they bury him

did they just leave him there

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

YggiDee posted:

There's actually an NPC Time Patroller in Xeonverse that's basically dealing with most of this bullshit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
And why didn't we play those stories instead of 'villain is stronger, purple'? Come on Xenoverse.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Supreme Kai of Time barely trusts Time Patroller Trunks to not get body-jacked by Ginyu when he goes on a mission, do you honestly think she'd let him go to a timeline where he could kill his mom by tripping on a bug?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Supreme Kai of Time barely trusts Time Patroller Trunks to not get body-jacked by Ginyu when he goes on a mission, do you honestly think she'd let him go to a timeline where he could kill his mom by tripping on a bug?

I donno, she seems okay with the idea of letting him have the Gohan lives timeline.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Percel's stories of a three way war between King Piccolo, the Red Ribbon Army, and Majin Buu were great. Too bad we never got any Dragon Ball content in Xenoverse 1. Maybe they can fix that in 2.

But yeah, Xeno Trunks is not good at his job of protecting the timeline, he either gets body-jacked, mind controlled, or ends up loving the timeline up worse. There's a reason he's not the main character.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Look, Trunks can stay at home, I was summoned (or possibly created?) by the Dragon Balls to save time, I am literally the best person for the job.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope that Time Patroller Trunks shows up to the Multiverse Tournament and Future Trunks gives him a wedgie while Dumplin looks on in approval.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trunks stays at home: He kills a god with a sword made of friendship.
Trunks goes with the Supreme Kai: He gets beaten up and mind controlled a bunch and fucks up time.

Clear winner.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

YggiDee posted:

Look, Trunks can stay at home, I was summoned (or possibly created?) by the Dragon Balls to save time, I am literally the best person for the job.

well the character from 1 is

2's is just some rando rookie from across time and space

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought the Dragon Balls were powerful enough after Dende's tweaks that they could bring back someone years after they were dead. after all, Frieza was dead for almost 20 years and was able to be brought back

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

I thought the Dragon Balls were powerful enough after Dende's tweaks that they could bring back someone years after they were dead. after all, Frieza was dead for almost 20 years and was able to be brought back

They also used the dragonballs to restore the entire Earth from being blown up, the balls can clearly fix some old corpses. They got three wishes to work with:

wish 1) Restore the Earth and all dead people to how they were before the androids showed up
wish 2) Resurrect everyone on earth that died after the arrival of the androids (Trunks will need to go beat up Babidi again, shouldn't be a problem)
wish 3) Wish that Zamasu never wished to destroy the super Dragonballs

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
There has to be a gag where Shenren has to come with with the gang in the time machine to get back to his proper home.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Shenron's 1 year limitation on resurrection was specifically for large vague amounts of people. Like "Bring back everyone killed by Frieza and his henchmen." He can revive an individual that died at anytime.

I think each time they revive someone he just makes up the stuff about what state their body comes back in. Sometimes he'll turn a ghost into a living person who then has to run back down snakeway to get back to Earth. Sometimes he'll shove their soul into a newly created body, but leave it floating in space. Sometimes he'll dump a pile of semi-alive giblets into a pile on the ground.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do you think Porunga deals with as much horseshit as Shenron does?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should make Shenron turn evil.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mabels big day posted:

They should make Shenron turn evil.

ah yes, the Dragonball GT route

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

ah yes, the Dragonball GT route

that was the joke, yes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey remember how the scouter was talking at the very beginning of Xenoverse 2 and then never again after that? Man that's weird.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Augus posted:

Hey remember how the scouter was talking at the very beginning of Xenoverse 2 and then never again after that? Man that's weird.

Well after that cutscene you could just take off your scouter and never wear one again so I guess they didn't want to force any weird stuff later on

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Funky Valentine posted:

Do you think Porunga deals with as much horseshit as Shenron does?

The Namekians know not to piss off the God of Love.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 16, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gruckles posted:

Shenron's 1 year limitation on resurrection was specifically for large vague amounts of people. Like "Bring back everyone killed by Frieza and his henchmen." He can revive an individual that died at anytime.

I think each time they revive someone he just makes up the stuff about what state their body comes back in. Sometimes he'll turn a ghost into a living person who then has to run back down snakeway to get back to Earth. Sometimes he'll shove their soul into a newly created body, but leave it floating in space. Sometimes he'll dump a pile of semi-alive giblets into a pile on the ground.

Nah he revives people int the state they were when they died it heals the wound that kills them but a decomposed body is out of bounds probably on the same rules that prevent reversing death from natural causes. goku just has an in with the celestial bureaucracy to get a whole new body when he gets revived and since majin buu was technically the kai's fuckup they probably threw in that for the earth too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The state Shenron revives people depends entirely on how much he likes the person. Krillin got blown up on an alien planet? Sure he'll fix him right up. Frieza got chopped up into tiny pieces and vaporized? Hope you brought a bucket.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku wasn't a ghost, he flat-out got to keep his body because he punched enough dudes to please the punching gods or something

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rutibex posted:

I'm holding out hope they will fix the future with the Super Dragonballs. Also, cool Future Gohan will get his arm back, and he will join the Super Friends.
Man it would be fantastic to see dark future Gohan interact with present DBS Gohan.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spiderdrake posted:

Man it would be fantastic to see dark future Gohan interact with present DBS Gohan.

Talking about how awesome he is to make all the fanboys mad.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Really, I'm just making fun of him.

"Raditz is a coward" honestly feels plausible. He's winning the fight with Goku and Piccolo at first but he never seems "in control" even at first like other villains, whether it's him freaking out about how they can "alter" their power levels or freaking out when Goku chases him with the Kamehameha Wave.

It's not overstated but it's more prevalent than the first times I watched this. Raditz not being a good fighter is more than just him being a precursor to stronger villains, he really is written like a bully who only gets by by being a big fish in a small pond.

I dunno. It makes me appreciate his character more.

Hmm. You might have something.

Xeno2 he's an instructor, and he takes it kinda badly when you improve past him. Turns out he really wanted an underling of his own, as he was tired of getting it in the neck from Vegeta and Nappa for being lowest on the totem pole. Your character goes 'OK then, I'll keep on'. It's an odd thing. There's other small bits here and there, also along the same lines. 'Massive inferiority complex' seems to be the thing. And can you blame him?

Still, he's raking in the money like every one else, and he's ALWAYS called up because Goku's First Death is critical, so how bad could it be?

The odd thing is, most of his stuff was useful in Xeno1 and still is in Xeno2. I wish I knew the rules on Paralyse, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should bring back Raditz.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rhonne posted:

Xenoverse 3 should really just go to town in creating new scenarios to explore new character interactions. We've seen no real canon interaction between Raditz and the other saiyans for one. For someone who is probably the first enemy of a lot of DBZ games, he's not been fleshed out much as far as I know.

What if Raditz never came to Earth, or at least not until later. The Saiyan/Namek/Frieza sagas don't happen, but the androids will still show up, but Trunks won't even exist. And Cell won't have any Frieza material in him if he ever shows.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope Bulma makes cool Future Gohan a cyborg arm, using the designs from Android 16. That way he would be even more cool, and he could do Rocket Punch, and take his hand off to do awesome blasts like Megaman.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I hope Bulma makes cool Future Gohan a cyborg arm, using the designs from Android 16. That way he would be even more cool, and he could do Rocket Punch, and take his hand off to do awesome blasts like Megaman.

gently caress it. Gohan Five Aces has to defeat the evil Dr. Jeero and his Slam-Twins

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God dammit all this Xenoverse talk is making me want to write fanfiction.

Is it 2005?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Rhonne posted:

At some point in Super, I want them to give Goku a chance to meet his dead family. Raditz, Bardock, and Gine.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
They live on Planet Salad, where Bardock is a Justice Squad leader, and Gine is President

Radditz still sucks

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

I donno, she seems okay with the idea of letting him have the Gohan lives timeline.

I'm pretty sure all they changed in that timeline is that Gohan knows about Trunks' time traveling, and thus knows he's going to be alright. He definitely isn't alive by the end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Momomo posted:

I'm pretty sure all they changed in that timeline is that Gohan knows about Trunks' time traveling, and thus knows he's going to be alright. He definitely isn't alive by the end of that.

Keep playing. I'll say no more.

• Locked thread