Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Is that the first time V has used a counterspell? I know she's been counterspelled by others, but I can't recall V being the one to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think I remember her doing it a couple times before.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
V used it against the bandit sorceress, I think.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Sky Shadowing posted:

V used it against the bandit sorceress, I think.

Yeah, this was a good exchange. I think he may have during the second Empire of Blood Fight with the drow?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The best one was countering the Empire's Psychic.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
I have had several bosses like that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In honor of our favorite bird:

Caster fight, caster fight!

caster fight

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1059.html

new

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What are we learning about any of these characters or situations we didn't already know? And what does any of this have to do with the overarching plot of the comic?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

greatn posted:

What are we learning about any of these characters or situations we didn't already know? And what does any of this have to do with the overarching plot of the comic?

IT'S A STORY IT'S FUN TO READ STORIES

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

to address your inevitable dumb response, it's heightening the peril which the ship is in which heightens the overall tension of this sub-scene since we now have two ticking timers which means

actually gently caress it i'mma stick with my original response

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

to address your inevitable dumb response, it's heightening the peril which the ship is in which heightens the overall tension of this sub-scene since we now have two ticking timers which means

actually gently caress it i'mma stick with my original response

Yeah, you were right the first the time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't give a gently caress about that ship or any non main characters on it, or Hel or Durkon for that matter. They are just a fetch quest impediment to story progress at this point. Should have ended at the big high priest gathering.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's OK if you don't give a gently caress about the comic.

Seriously, though, if this is enough to turn you away, how did you make it as far as update 1059? This is how it's been throughout the life of the comic.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 15, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If you aren't prepared to be interested in set-piece fight scenes, it's possible that stories based on D&D are not for you.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Oh ffs Homer, can we just get to Ithaca already?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's still better than Homestuck.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I thought this page did a good job of explaining what the point of the scene is - they've been outmanoeuvred and the giants are going to wreck the airship, or at least damage it enough that the crew mutiny subplot finally fires, main point being they lose their ship and are at risk of not making it to Dwarfville in time for the vote (on whether the world is destroyed or not).

All this buildup and tension about the ship can only possibly be because it'll be taken away, so I'm curious now what's going to replace it. It might mean they'll just arrive very late and Hel's minions will be on the cusp of victory, or maybe they're going to meet someone else or discover something useful to get them where they need to be. I'm trying to think of if there's anything left dangling from the rest of the story that could help them out in the event that they're stranded in the mountains.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

I don't give a gently caress about that ship or any non main characters on it, or Hel or Durkon for that matter. They are just a fetch quest impediment to story progress at this point. Should have ended at the big high priest gathering.

Hey, greatn, after multiple arcs have involved separate and seemingly desperate plot points coming together to contribute to the advancement of the story perhaps you should stop assuming that because you can't instantly figure out what the plot relevance of this particular story beat is that it doesn't have anything to do with the 'main story.'

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, greatn, after multiple arcs have involved separate and seemingly desperate plot points coming together to contribute to the advancement of the story perhaps you should stop assuming that because you can't instantly figure out what the plot relevance of this particular story beat is that it doesn't have anything to do with the 'main story.'

yes

THE END

THEY WON

their greatn I finished it in a satisfying way for you (sorry spoiler)

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

greatn posted:

You're learning that there's a significant opposition force that has been arrayed against the OotS even entering the region that is comprised of more than one group and a high level of organization.

You could have assumed this already; but now you know for sure.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

rocketrobot posted:

You're learning that there's a significant opposition force that has been arrayed against the OotS even entering the region that is comprised of more than one group and a high level of organization.

You could have assumed this already; but now you know for sure.

The only thing I learned is that this encounter is going to last three more months

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

greatn posted:

The only thing I learned is that this encounter is going to last three more months

The same as every other encounter in the comic. How is this any different?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
If it makes you feel any better greatn you can stop reading it entirely then just check back and read the very last page in a couple years

That will save you time and, as an added bonus, no one would have to read your posts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

greatn posted:

Why are you reading this comic?

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

If it makes you feel any better greatn you can stop reading it entirely then just check back and read the very last page in a couple years

This is a wildly optimistic end date.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dolash posted:

I'm trying to think of if there's anything left dangling from the rest of the story that could help them out in the event that they're stranded in the mountains.

Hilgya. Plus now that servants of the pro-destruction gods are intervening directly, we're bound to see some sort of play by Loki or even Thor.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Hilgya. Plus now that servants of the pro-destruction gods are intervening directly, we're bound to see some sort of play by Loki or even Thor.

yes, there is zero chance we're not getting hilgya'd at some point in this questline for a number of reasons too great to easily enumerate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

yes, there is zero chance we're not getting hilgya'd at some point in this questline for a number of reasons too great to easily enumerate.

Yeah, she is way too dangling a plot thread at this point especially considering she is a priest of Loki.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nothing matters. Existence is meaningless.

Write comic. Get treat.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I think the diversions get a little long but I don't have that problem with this at all. It's a monster fight. Those are fun.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Another month, another bunch of amusing Squirrel Girl panels (lucky #13 this time around).

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Gee, I hope Rich is okay.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:ohdear:

(It doesn't work without the :ohdear:)

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Kruller posted:

Gee, I hope Rich is okay.

I hope he took the holiday off. :)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

rocketrobot posted:

I hope he took the holiday off. :)

I would like to think that he's having a thanksgiving fit for a halfling.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Rich died on the way back to his home planet.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Maybe he's currently busy with shipping the OOTS calendar 2017 pre-orders?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

New one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Elan and Roy are both Good.