Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I don't intend to be mean or abusive here, but hear me out.

Has a weird voice (or at least thinks they have) so to avoid feeling embarrassed hides in the magical anonymous world of MMOs. Never really socializes that much outside of the internet. Perfect for a quirky nerd girl to become a MMO addict. We might be dealing with the real thing here guys.

I remember when I was 17 or something I spent 3 months playing a lovely MMO so much that I almost forgot how to speak to people like a regular human being, it's not healthy but it's easy to imagine falling into that life.

Another Norwegian Forest Cat Tax

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Has a weird voice (or at least thinks they have) so to avoid feeling embarrassed hides in the magical anonymous world of MMOs. Never really socializes that much outside of the internet. Perfect for a quirky nerd girl to become a MMO addict. We might be dealing with the real thing here guys.

I remember when I was 17 or something I spent 3 months playing a lovely MMO so much that I almost forgot how to speak to people like a regular human being, it's not healthy but it's easy to imagine falling into that life.

Yeah but you're missing the part where they were a 12 year old playing Eve Online so we're really having to make mental jumps here to try and pretend that this is in any way real.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Goons are so smart that they have uncovered the mystery of the century: How is it possible that a teenager is insecure about the sound of their voice?

What other complex and unsolvable conundrums will you find in the maze of intrigue that surrounds the mundane posts of a teenager on the internet? :iiam:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

his nibs posted:

Deloria has a touch of the A'Boo'H about her/him

:tinfoil:

But with James Earl Jones's voice

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sandweed posted:

Another Norwegian Forest Cat Tax

But what if there is no game, the last game came out before you were born and isn't fun, and you can't do anything except beg your parents to buy you increasingly more expensive and retarded poo poo?

Maybe it really is a 18 year old girl who made super hot pinup Callender of a Poser avatar tho.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Idgaf who or what deloria is other than someone who put too much money into ship jpgs but

you do you, guys

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Guys I want to remind you that the game was always there and in your heads in the form of dreams. Whatever crobbers will make will never keep up with the dreams and fidelity in your mind. Use your mind and heart to produce the most fideliteous dreams and game you have ever imagined, no need to spend money on cheap jpegs. They don't even have 300ppi.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
And the 18 year old, former 14 year old creator of 3D nudes, also has something like $1,400 in SotA and $1,500 in Crowfall. Although apparently it's not a shock to him/her to receive $300 Internet spaceship presents from strange men on the internet in your early teens.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7241354/#Comment_7241354

Star Citizen: do you have experience in 64 bit floating precision CryEngine?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Wait Deloria is this Deloria?

:nws: possibly :nws:
2014 *Deloria - Space Pirate!* Calender

I remember this.

Dingdingdingdingding!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Daztek posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7241354/#Comment_7241354

CryEngine sobs "no, no I don't at all, it's all been a lie"

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

AP posted:

I remember this.

A fullspread nude render :stonklol::cripes:

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

TheAgent posted:

what the gently caress is happening

a 3d nudes calendar by a 16 year old norwegian girl

how did we even get here

how did she get 1,000+ dollars for that

what the f

What if I told you that there is this magical place and you can be whatever you want to be?

I, too, can be an 18 year old Space Gamer Gurrl; you'll never know.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

The Titanic posted:

Before I go to bed, I want you to know that I too have done some modeling in the past. Yes, even nude modeling where I'm fully exposed.

So I'm going to give this to you here, only this once, in honor of the rough night with Deloria. Consider this a sort of "get well, sailor!" package.

:nws:

I don't want to be mean but you've way overdone the makeup here. Don't smear on the eyeliner nearly so hard and try to use a more natural tone of blush if you have to use it at all.

Nice highlights though!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Daztek posted:

its a very loving roundabout way they've taken to 'are you Chris Roberts?' being the only valid qualification for saying poo poo stinks.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

The Titanic posted:

Before I go to bed, I want you to know that I too have done some modeling in the past. Yes, even nude modeling where I'm fully exposed.

So I'm going to give this to you here, only this once, in honor of the rough night with Deloria. Consider this a sort of "get well, sailor!" package.

Major props.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

On the one hand, The Deloria Mystery is approaching peak thread, but on the other hand besides telling this person they are a total loving idiot I sort of don't really care.

The Shitposter's Conundrum.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also I'm mad all the good jokes about The Titanic's ample poop-deck were taken before I woke up this morning :colbert:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

On the one hand, The Deloria Mystery is approaching peak thread, but on the other hand besides telling this person they are a total loving idiot I sort of don't really care.

The Shitposter's Conundrum.

Well there's not exactly a game to talk about now is there.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

well HECK Phil posted:

What if I told you that there is this magical place and you can be whatever you want to be?

I, too, can be an 18 year old Space Gamer Gurrl; you'll never know.

Is this place star citizen?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

I remember this.

:yikes:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Deloria posted:

I guess I could have gone to college or something. Nobody said it was worthless. But isn't it true that we're more likely to fund a dream with a windfall? And my dad was like really proud - He's a hardcore gamer like probably some of you are and his daughter wanted feckin spaceships.

Its easy to snigger in retrospect but I kind of think you guys are all on the pedastal of hindsight. At the time that I first started pledging the whole Star Citizen thing was pretty epic. Then I took a break.. came back and wow it was the planetside demo (sending shivers down the spine!) and that was enough for a pair of polarii - but then I started looking into the actual state of the game and felt a lot of questions were unanswered... hence the pledge thread.

Not all of us have put the entire development process under a microscope these years...

Howdy. And, no, not really. I remember tinkering with autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to make more RAM for the first WC so I could play it. I also remember the first major groundswell of goon interest in SC and RSI. I was cynical of the project back then, and still am now. I loved the SC games, but I never saw Chris as the saviour of PC gaming. I remember reading about the various development issues his projects had back in the day. I also knew he had been out of the game, as it were, for over a decade, which is pretty much antediluvian in the gaming world. And, even back then, the whole thing smelled, not like a scam, but the desperate last gasp of a once famous man desperately grasping for one last shot at fame, fortune and relevance.

So, I chose not to back then, and I still choose not to back now. So, instead of insulting you, I am going to cordially request that you not be so dismissive of our "hindsight" and your incredible prescience in backing. Because, all other things being equal, you spent $6000 grand on "maybe" and I didn't.

Also, I have to ask, you mention not having put the development cycle under a microscope. What exactly passes through your mind when spending six thousand dollars on something you have zero clue on? I mean, really?

I will happily agree to disagree, but being smug about, at best, a questionable decision, is really not needed.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 16, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Is this place star citizen?

Any game community populated by sad nerds really.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 16, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Hey Deloria, if you swing by the thread again can you give us an update on the latest bitcoin price?

I'm undecided if I should invest more heavily in pretendships or pretendcoins tia

aaaaaaand loving bitcoin, OF COURSE! :negative:

All that's missing now is the thread talking about secret investments in Nigeria.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

what the gently caress is happening

a 3d nudes calendar by a 16 year old norwegian girl

how did we even get here

what the f

TheAgent posted:

TheAgent posted:

16 year old norwegian girl

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

I'll let you do anything with your Star Citizen money you like but don't start smoking young lady or you're grounded. As an ex smoker, it's really bad for you.

Seconded, as a current (and regretful) smoker.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Marching Powder was right

:(

necroid
May 14, 2009

I'm still on page 6350 but can you retards stop posting at/against/about somebody who obviously isn't real and is just saying all the things that you obviously want to hear? It's pathetic and you all look way too eager to become the rescuers of a rich 18yo chick from Norway

nerds

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tane did nothing wrong

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

Don't worry humanity isn't lost. True story: Being the super cool uncle I am, back in 2013 I gave my 12 yro nephew his own spaceship starter pack for Star Citizen. Talk about excited! He couldn't wait to play. Of course, I had to explain at the time that all you can do is look at ships--no flying yet. But we will be flying any day now!!

Fast forward to June the next year and DFM is out. I am visiting and start talking about Star Citizen. "Hey, the DFM came out!! Super cool, huh? Have you been flying a bunch?" His answer: "Yeah. Thanks a bunch it looks neat. Hope you aren't upset--but I traded what you gave me for a bunch of Steam credits." The kicker of the whole conversation--the frikin twelve year old told me that after looking the project over it would never be made. So not all kids are complete idiots.

You got told by a 12yo. :drat:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr.PayDay posted:

Just read the first SC thread form 2012 here on the forums, who was *not* hyped? I think the postings in the 2014 threads started to sound different, and after the first half of 2015 most of the Goons who backed early threw the towel.
And of course, finally mid 2015 Derek Smart went ramapage with his blogs, fueled by the Goons postings, leaks and sarcasm and completed by his own history he has with Chris Roberts and beeing a Gamedev as well.

I find "belivers" and citizens who are still "hyped" in 2016 after all that was said and done somewhat fascinating.
Even if you don't read this thread or the thread in the ED forums, you can watch and read a different tune within the pro-SC forums and blogs.

CIG will survive with the xmas sales once more, but I can't imagine how the backers will STILL fund multimillions all over 2017 and keep the cash flowing with year #5 of concept sales.

Yeah, no. I wasn't hyped back then either. Unfortunately, I see crowdfunding as being roughly analogous to walking down the street handing out $20's to people and saying "You promise to do something nice for me later, right? Promise?"

I mean I love the idea to pieces, but, what with virtually no real recourse and a seriously limited ability to do due diligence, it just strikes me as a whole lot of heartbreak waiting to happen.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Just reminding everyone that I'm the belle of this ball, not daria (or jane)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

necroid posted:

I'm still on page 6350 but can you retards stop posting at/against/about somebody who obviously isn't real and is just saying all the things that you obviously want to hear? It's pathetic and you all look way too eager to become the rescuers of a rich 18yo chick from Norway

nerds
watch dogs 2 is good

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

darkarchon posted:

I think that thread really did a tane change in the last day. I'm not sure if I feel it but I now think the game was always there, in our hearts, in our minds, in our existence. I feel good, I feel satisfied, I feel tane.

Finally the accomplishment of feeling tane can be felt by everyone. Just tane yourself, guys. Don't be bitter and hateful, just dream and let the taneness fill you from inside.

I don't want Tane to fill me from inside without at least dinner first.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

It'd no doubt be higher but his yearly bonus is based on the number of emails he's replied to.

:golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

No, the one we always talk about is the one in the Power Instinct games. Talk about old-rear end nineties vidja games that people have forgotten about.

I'll assume this is the tane then. I have no idea. Thank you. :hfive:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I hope you get to have fun in space and the game becomes everything you wish for Deloria

I also agree, as it seems so drat important to her. <dreams of having $6000 and getting a new non-crappy laptop>

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Deloria posted:

Thanks for finding my bitcoin thing btw- I seriously need help with that :|

Buy as many as you can, bitcoin is going to the moon. But don't put all your eggs in one basket, you should diversify your investment with some Ethereum and Litecoin as well.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alphabettitouretti posted:

Thing is it's really hard to tell when it comes to star citizen. Anywhere else the idea of a 14 year old dropping $6k on a non-game would be transparently fake, but in star citizen land it's not unusual.

This is equal parts sad and true.

The things Star Citizen has done to make "that's utterly preposterous and you're lying!" Immediately transformed into "you probably did do that, please consider a refund!!!" Is insane. Is any other P2W game as nutso about their pricing models? I know mobile games are bad, but that stuff isn't usually in the thousands of dollars for DLC, and it's probably also immediately usable in the game they're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Also I'm mad all the good jokes about The Titanic's ample poop-deck were taken before I woke up this morning :colbert:

Feel free to join in. I've been :lol:ing for a while this morning from them!

People are creative and thought up things I certainly would not have! :)

• Locked thread