Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

I don't care about any of that, dude.

Welcome to the Mass Effect thread you dirty Batarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol that's the best they can come up with for dudes from another loving galaxy?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I honesty don't have a problem with the Kett (Khett?)

They look like cool rock people to me

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SgtSteel91 posted:

if they all act like ben grimm this could turn out pretty well, actually

bioware, I'm available for hire

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SgtSteel91 posted:

The only problem anyone can have right now is that they're incredibly lazily designed.

e: they're either grey dudes with rock hats, Rock Protheans with two eyes or a guy wearing a bike helmet depending on your pov

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Mazerunner posted:

wasn't there a spot on the citadel in... 2? I think? where you could see an elcor in the background walking around?

I'd say let's see a hanar move but it'd just float slowly and boringly :(

If you have the From Ashes and Citadel DLC, you get to see Blasto the hanar float about and wield two pistols.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The biggest problem with the design IMO is the extremely human mouth. The second biggest problem is that every single one of the concept heads they showed was way better.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hm, wheres the female version though, and do they have rock-tits?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Walrus Pete posted:

The biggest problem with the design IMO is the extremely human mouth. The second biggest problem is that every single one of the concept heads they showed was way better.

Actually the biggest problem with the design is that the aliens from a totally different galaxy look more human than 2/3 of the other council races. If this isn't explained in game that's really lovely.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You guys are going to be so surprised when you find out the rock aliens were actually ancient humans all along just like the collectors were protheans.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hedrigall posted:

Fan theories on just how rough Kett osseous tissue is against my naked, trembling skin please

Would a boner joke be out of line here?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Arcsquad12 posted:

You guys are going to be so surprised when you find out the rock aliens were actually ancient humans all along just like the collectors were protheans.

They are the descendants of the previous Andromeda Initiative, who themselves are the descendants of the previous Andromeda Initiative and then it's revealed that crossing galaxies led to a time loop

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Eej posted:

They are the descendants of the previous Andromeda Initiative, who themselves are the descendants of the previous Andromeda Initiative and then it's revealed that crossing galaxies led to a time loop

It's actually a crossover with Halo 4 and the ancient humans nonsense. Andromeda does share a writer with that dross.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zzulu posted:

hm, wheres the female version though, and do they have rock-tits?

We have no tits on salarians and krogan so far.

They should make the rock aliens hermaphordite. Then you can romance them regardless of gender and/or orientation. Or make them secretly robots, so they can tell Ryder "sorry you cannot gently caress us for we are robots", but then Ryder reveals that in the Milky Way organics do gently caress robots and this blows the minds of the aliens so they now welcome the colonists for introducing this new and exciting cultural revolution.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the biggest problem with the design is that the aliens from a totally different galaxy look more human than 2/3 of the other council races. If this isn't explained in game that's really lovely.

:goonsay: There is zero reason why species evolving in another galaxy should look any more alien than those from a different solar system within the same galaxy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Do the kett get boners or stoners

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope ME:A will finally have one of those floating jellyfish people (that I think we didn't see past ME:1?) as a romance interest.

Or a Collector. Actually especially a collector.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Hanar were in ME:3, you had to do a detective mission on the Citadel I think

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rocks are just a costume and they will fall off to reveal idris Elba

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

moist turtleneck posted:

The Hanar were in ME:3, you had to do a detective mission on the Citadel I think

There's also one if you talk to Javik in that same area (Embassies).

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Mass Effect: Andromeda: It's actually the Planet of the Apes plot and you're back on earth 600,000 years after Shepard failed to stop the Reapers.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Number Ten Cocks posted:

:goonsay: There is zero reason why species evolving in another galaxy should look any more alien than those from a different solar system within the same galaxy.

Here's one: it would be cooler

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bioware is already tortuously jumping through every hoop to make Andromeda as slavishly referential to Mass Effect as possible, except not really, except really. Aliens that kind of look like Protheans are hardly surprising.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

exquisite tea posted:

Bioware is already tortuously jumping through every hoop to make Andromeda as slavishly referential to Mass Effect as possible, except not really, except really. Aliens that kind of look like Protheans are hardly surprising.

Exactly. The one positive thing to come out of them buttfucking their entire setting was the chance for them to cut out all the cancer in game and in their dev process and make truly original stuff.

Instead the guy most responsible for the ME3 disaster is running the show and it appears the primary concern for the new antagonist race was making sure it fit on the human animation rig. Either they are just lazy as poo poo or there's a dumb twist incoming, and neither is good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I mean if the sentient races of Andromeda can't make the air quotes animation or gently caress the main character, then what's even the point of making a new Mass Effect game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Shoulda been crab people, a rock lobster if you will

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

moist turtleneck posted:

Shoulda been crab people, a rock lobster if you will

I've fought spacecrabs more fearsome than you

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's actually a crossover with Halo 4 and the ancient humans nonsense. Andromeda does share a writer with that dross.

gently caress

its gonna be this isnt it

its totally just gonna be this

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

euphronius posted:

The rocks are just a costume and they will fall off to reveal idris Elba

This was my biggest disappointment in ME3, even worse than the lovely options in the ending. You finally get to see what a Quarian looks like inside their suit. They eat weird food, have long snouts on their helmets, only 3 fingers; must be pretty weird right?

Ha, ha, gently caress you! Just space elf flavor #23.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Idris Elba is not an elf.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
If mass effect 4 doesnt have an elcor vanguard in mp then I'll only play it for 200 hours instead of the 300+ I played in me3.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't want to sound like I'm being contrarian just for the sake of it; but actually, I disagree, Idris Elba IS an elf.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

8th-snype posted:

If mass effect 4 doesnt have an elcor vanguard in mp then I'll only play it for 200 hours instead of the 300+ I played in me3.

Zealously: Heraeaarggh.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

exquisite tea posted:

Idris Elba is not an elf.

He's too street to be an elf.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm being contrarian just for the sake of it; but actually, I disagree, Idris Elba IS an elf.

hes a big hunky man so no

:wrong:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Stringer Bell is an anime elf name and Idris Elfa is an elf.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Nevets posted:

This was my biggest disappointment in ME3, even worse than the lovely options in the ending. You finally get to see what a Quarian looks like inside their suit. They eat weird food, have long snouts on their helmets, only 3 fingers; must be pretty weird right?

Eh, in ME1 you could see the upper half of Tali's face pretty well through the helmet, and it just looked like a human face with some glowy eyes so I pretty much just assumed "space elf" from the start (I guess they could've given her a horrible monster mouth like Mileena in Mortal Kombat has). I agree the way they revealed it in ME3 was about the most hilariously low-effort thing in that game, and that is saying something.

edit: I'm replaying ME2 at the moment and have been wondering if I should just ignore the N7 sidequests. Do any of those missions affect ME3 in any way?

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 16, 2016

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Moola posted:

hes a big hunky man so no

:wrong:

Blizzard's Night Elves are pretty hunky.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nevets posted:

They should have had an organic flashlight head, and just be a totally biological Geth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

RBA Starblade posted:

They should have had an organic flashlight head, and just be a totally biological Geth.

are the geth even in this game?

if they are I bet you get to Andromeda and find that the geth sent an ark of their own 10 years beforehand