Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How dare she insult me and my synth family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I love how that letter is only tangentially about Joey Styles and more about burying Quack and Gabe.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Why do most of these open letters not understand that he broke a specific rule? It's obvious that they don't understand that Gabe's vision for booking is much different than Heyman's.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"I spent 10 years of my life being called a whore and I thought that was just FINE"

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Why do most of these open letters not understand that he broke a specific rule? It's obvious that they don't understand that Gabe's vision for booking is much different than Heyman's.

Because of the unwritten rule of not burying your own talent publically

Sorry dawn, that rule went out of the window with Benoit

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

was Dawn Marie the one that raised a bunch of money for injured old wrestlers and then never gave any of it to them?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought that was Francine

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
'twas Dawn Marie

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/258985-another-former-pro-wrestler-accuses-dawn-maries-wrestlers-rescue-of-being-a-qscamq

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gabe apparently deleted the tweet almost as soon as VoW quotetweeted him, but:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as much I think Gabe is a whiny manbaby, he is 100% justified and correct in his dealings here.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Book it Gabe

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gabe is still a petty man. He went through and blocked everyone that followed that Gabe parody account years ago in spite.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why go after Quack, Dawn? That's uncalled for.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It turns out she was the barista he bitched about

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
PWG just announced they are returning December 16th.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/799056204307853312

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

PWG just announced they are returning December 16th.

Dave's got the scoops

Only the title match announced though, and the show wasn't announced as DDT4. So it looks like the tag tournament might be taking a year off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh hell yes

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm so excited to go deaf from the sound of Low Ki and Pentagón kicking each other.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Aaaaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/799113940315865088

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

so who's going to this because I really want to see Evolve and this is local and this sounds like two fat guys I wanna see

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh my god! I'm in.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

oatgan posted:

Vice's documentary about Tournament of Death is up

https://twitter.com/vicecanada/status/798571296715993089

This was a good watch.

I was :stare: at DJ Hyde's story of driving home drunk from a party, finding another man with his girlfriend, throwing said man out of a three story window and fighting the cops when they showed up about why he became a wrestler. It's also adorable how he makes all the CZW dvds himself.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I was very un-hype about more Kingston and Homicide in AAW but now I am very very hype.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I don't really know the first thing about CZW backstage stuff, but DJ Hyde seemed pretty normal for a wrestling promoter.

The actual doc it self didn't really go into too much depth but I get that it wasn't the point of it either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

I don't really know the first thing about CZW backstage stuff, but DJ Hyde seemed pretty normal for a wrestling promoter.

The actual doc it self didn't really go into too much depth but I get that it wasn't the point of it either.

when DJ took over for Zandig, he saved a dying company. Zandig managed to piss off everyone including their foreign excursion partners. This was around the time BJW decided to work with Chikara instead of CZW, in possibly one of the weirdest Tag World Grand Prix shows ever.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yeah CZW was dire in from 2006 till midway through 2009 when Deej was basically shadow booking until owning it.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This Sunday Beyond Wrestling debuts in Worcester and the show has been sold out for weeks.

Here's the card:

Matches Announced for #Insatiable

*Anything Goes*
Matthew Riddle vs. Matt Tremont

*Twin Fight*
Keith Lee vs. Kimber Lee

*Final Time Ever*
Chris Hero vs. Brian Fury

*First Time Ever*
"M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross vs. Jonathan Gresham

*Grudge Match*
Jaka vs. Chuck "Colt Steel" O'Neil

*Show Stealer*
"Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams vs. John Silver

*6-Man Tag Team Match*
Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Swamp Monster) vs. Biff's Kids (Ace Romero, Xavier Bell, Sully Banger)

*Challenge Accepted*
Team Pazuzu (Angel Ortiz, Mike Draztik, Pinkie Sanchez) vs. Secret City Soldiers (Anthony Stone, Davey Cash, Kris Pyro) with Alexxis

*8-Man Tag Team Match*
Crusade For Change (Darius Carter, Anthony Gangone, Tommy Trainwreck, Devin Blaze) vs. Team Alpha-1 (Ethan Page, Space Monkey, Kobe Durst, Shane Sabre)

*New England Pro Wrestling Academy Showcase*
Anthony Greene, Brick Mastone, Cam Zagami, Travis Gordon vs. Elia Markopoulos, Christian Casanova, Scotty Slade, Mikey Webb

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Going to ICW Fear and Loathing tomorrow, mainly for Ricochet and Kurt Angle. Anything I should know beforehand?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Deej seems like a pretty intellegent, well-spoken guy but I don't know many who's a bigger mark for themselves than he is. Low-Ki? At least DJ doesn't have a bad attitude about things.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Deej seems like a pretty intellegent, well-spoken guy but I don't know many who's a bigger mark for themselves than he is. Low-Ki? At least DJ doesn't have a bad attitude about things.

Raven, HHH, and Bret Hart have to be in the running. Unless you mean strictly on the indies.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Raven, HHH, and Bret Hart have to be in the running. Unless you mean strictly on the indies.
I mean on the indies, or in Low-Ki's case never made it in the WWE. Chris Hero came into NXT as one of the best wrestlers in the world, it didn't work out, and he's on the indies again but he's still one of the most humble guys I've ever talked to

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

RealFoxy posted:

I mean on the indies, or in Low-Ki's case never made it in the WWE. Chris Hero came into NXT as one of the best wrestlers in the world, it didn't work out, and he's on the indies again but he's still one of the most humble guys I've ever talked to

In that case the answer is any Indie guy who worked for a cup of coffee in WCW or who did like two matches on Velocity in the early 00s. I cant remember how many indie shows I saw back then listing people as "former WCW/WWF wrestlers!" and it ended up being a dude who jobbed to 2 Sexay on an episode of Heat before a PPV.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

RealFoxy posted:

Deej seems like a pretty intellegent, well-spoken guy but I don't know many who's a bigger mark for themselves than he is.

Vader and every other has-been

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Austin Aries seems to have an ego/lovely attitude.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Estrago Bonito posted:

In that case the answer is any Indie guy who worked for a cup of coffee in WCW or who did like two matches on Velocity in the early 00s. I cant remember how many indie shows I saw back then listing people as "former WCW/WWF wrestlers!" and it ended up being a dude who jobbed to 2 Sexay on an episode of Heat before a PPV.

That's not being a mark for yourself, it's smart self promotion

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Picture me here posting the pic of Low-Ki being carried out of a venue like a child

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
cross posting

KungFu Grip posted:

Both RevPro/NJPW Global Wars shows are now on their vimeo service https://vimeo.com/revprouk

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Sooo Riddle advanced in the X-16 tournament but also has a match at Beyond Wrestling tomorrow against Tremont. Lets see how this pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Sooo Riddle advanced in the X-16 tournament but also has a match at Beyond Wrestling tomorrow against Tremont. Lets see how this pans out.

Tremont's status is iffy. Subject to change.