Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Honestly I don't think it matters what you pair with Lux as long as you're good. It's kinda like Blitzcrank in that if you hit your skillshot and you're above level six, they're loving dead and that's it. The difference is that if you're the one that gets engaged on, you're super mega dead without the disengage of Janna or the tankiness of a melee support.

But if you're a support and can hit your skillshot... why wouldn't you just play Blitz and not have to deal with the headache of being made of tissue?

It's just fun to play her basically. I pull her out when dicking around with friends and basically either get S+ or lose badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you like support lux, you should try brand zyra or vel, people who have just as much CC as lux, but also way more damage that is less finicky and tend to build tankier health AP like rylai and liandry.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 16, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think my favorite part of E Nasus is that you basically don't engage with League as a game if it goes well. You push the lane, just walk away if anyone gets mad at you, come back, force a win. It's very zen.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm confused as to why hard-pushing a lane as Nasus is better than farming Q close to your tower, but then again I don't play top lane

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean I don't know the deepest of hot stats to why it works, but as far as I can tell the huge pressure the current Nasus gimmick is using makes it so the entire enemy team has to dedicate time to dealing with you. Or at least some of them do. And while you're not snowballing kills, the objective snowball can be even more devastating at whatever level of play I'm at.

Also maxing E first lets you chunk pretty much every single current hot top laner out of lane without actually interacting with them at all.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

I'm confused as to why hard-pushing a lane as Nasus is better than farming Q close to your tower, but then again I don't play top lane

You put an insane amount of pressure on the lane that most toplaners can't match at all, usually resulting in first turret (gold for your whole team). You rush zzrot, make top lane (or w/e lane) completely impossible to push for the enemy team, then go help your team around the map. It's extremely effective.

e: it's kind of like singed except it pushes harder and you're way more relevant in the mid and late game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
You're more relevant early and mid. Giving up on Q stacks makes you significantly less threatening to squishies.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The rest of the map has always been a trap for Nasus. If you leave top, even after having a thousand stacks, you're doing it wrong. Just put on some jazz and use your TP to return to lane over and over until you're at their Nexus.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Servaetes posted:

You're more relevant early and mid. Giving up on Q stacks makes you significantly less threatening to squishies.

You're still a big slab of HP with a really nasty slow that continually shits out areas of No, gently caress you. You don't scale as well into late game, but if you've reached a point where you can't just bully their squishies away from fights with your E cast damage, you've already let it go too long.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Philip Rivers posted:

Direct nuke items rule. Removing DFG was a mistake

Ah I meant protobelt

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

more like scrotobelt, ayyyyyyyyyy

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
E max and Q max have nearly identical winrates on lolalytics (Q is slightly higher) so maybe it's irreverentirrelevant anyways. Nice game Riot

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 16, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
E max Nasus owns because it is way more fun than Q stack Nasus and I hope they keep it relevant

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

E max and Q max have nearly identical winrates on lolalytics (Q is slightly higher) so maybe it's irreverent anyways. Nice game Riot

It's kinda weird, pretty much all the skill odrers have winrates significantly above 55%, and yet his winrate is only 51.5%

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

stacking Q is dope as poo poo, very relaxing. i love to get extremely high and just farm up Q stacks. if you have a good team fighting team i'd probably just max E, or a champ with really good aoe damage, but otherwise i vote for the extremely chill Q stacking

Aumanor posted:

It's kinda weird, pretty much all the skill odrers have winrates significantly above 55%, and yet his winrate is only 51.5%

the pick rate on those is low, unless im misunderstanding something? this suggests a large percentage of people playing Nasus are taking their skill order in some stupid and confusing way.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Orv posted:

You're still a big slab of HP with a really nasty slow that continually shits out areas of No, gently caress you. You don't scale as well into late game, but if you've reached a point where you can't just bully their squishies away from fights with your E cast damage, you've already let it go too long.

Late game Nasus E does jack poo poo to anyone full stop unless you've gone AP as Nasus which if a team let's you get to that point they're Extremely loving Bad. Again the skill order build is good for splitting and actually doing well in lane but gives up the thing that makes him scary late because he completely ignores the ability that makes him able to do extremely high burst damage to squishies. It's not bad by any means but insinuating it's as effective late as q stacking is wrong.

If anything it's going to make pro games really drat boring toplane because it just encourages super passive farming. Only an idiot will try to fight Nasus in a spirit fire.

gently caress it's initial damage is 260 at max rank if their ADC can't fight you in that then why the hell is the game still going on lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the reason why E max and rushing zzrot is good is because you can control the lane and roam and do other stuff. if you have 200 or 300 Q stacks rather than 700 or 1000, you can 6 shot towers instead of 2 shotting them.

at any rate the change to make his ult give defensive stats really helped him out and everyone is losing their mind over skill order. the important thing is that you are a strong dog

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
Look at all these assholes arguing about numbers like it's some sort of absolute. You guys should go be the number wizards on CNN. I know absolutes. There's absolutely no way of knowing how the sites pull their data because the numbers seem to contradict each other quite a bit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats true, we might as well ignore all data from everywhere if you think about it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

stump collector posted:

at any rate the change to make his ult give defensive stats really helped him out and everyone is losing their mind over skill order. the important thing is that you are a strong dog

Yeah if anything I'm more curious how the change to giving him defensive stats instead of AD helped out or harmed him, especially the Q stack build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
what are data, really, but a meaningless window into an empty void

e: seriously, though, there actually are a lot of conflicting data on these sites.

ChampionGG:

OP.gg has Q build higher:

So, like... I don't know. E build still seems better to me because it autowins lane phase against every champion.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 16, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if op.gg truly stops caring about what your skill points are at level 15 then it doesn't surprise me because nasus falls off everyone reaches their 4, 5, and 6 item builds

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Op.gg displays data specific to your region!!!! Just use lolalytics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

i love to get extremely high and just farm up Q stacks.
__________________________/

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lolalytics takes data from every server, which champion.gg does not (or so is my understanding) which is why their raw winrates are very similar but never exactly the same

the ability winrate thing appears to be broken since they're all like that. the winrate for items seems more accurate. i think op.gg has the most accurate stats tbh.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You know, this doesn't need to be an either/or thing. The existence of a strong-late,build and strong-early build with little reliance on runes or masteries makes Nasus way more flexible in terms of what teams he can play against; strong rushdown enemy team? Quas. Passive scaling enemy team? Q

Why cant weeeee be friends, why cant weeeee be friends, why cant weeeee be frieeends

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Riot doesn't like the idea of champs with multiple build paths so one will die

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the new client is in beta and up for download now by the way, its real nice.

edit: wow i can just click download replay and watch it, the technology is finally here

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Radical posted:

the new client is in beta and up for download now by the way, its real nice.

Indeed, I've been using the alpha and while it takes a little getting used to and a couple features aren't there yet, it hasn't crashed once so it's already infinitely better than the old client

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
the client is insanely over wrought with lines and dots everywhere, its unbearable.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
loving Korea always gets updates like a week late

I want a real client that doesn't crash every game

stump collector
May 28, 2007
someone else try protobelt chogath and validate my results

edit: please don't let bjergsen see this post

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

stump collector posted:

someone else try protobelt chogath and validate my results

edit: please don't let bjergsen see this post

it's still good on any AP champ that likes health and mobility (so most of them)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no i mean

play it

in a game

because it's fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did that death laser item get into the game and if so is it good at all

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Which death laser

Redemption has a death laser but it's a support item (a broken one, mind)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I have been playing E max Nasus but you also go for as many stacks as possible. I don't rush ZZrot though I go immediately for the sheen -> triforce and take ignite and you can cheese the enemy toplaner super loving hard with your all ins. This is doable because your ultimate now gives you 35/35 armor/mr and 300 health at level 6 so suddenly the squishy damage nasus maxing E first is laying down the hurt with his Q as well and you have 20% cdr with the triforce constantly smacking minions for stacks while dumping AoE magic death on anyone that tries to gank you.

With stormraider's surge if someone fucks up their positioning it's really loving hard for them to get away.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

Which death laser

Redemption has a death laser but it's a support item (a broken one, mind)

yeah that one I remember seeing it mentioned before but not since I came back to the game. It seems fun

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If you like support lux, you should try brand zyra or vel, people who have just as much CC as lux, but also way more damage that is less finicky and tend to build tankier health AP like rylai and liandry.

Vel is comparable yeah, as is morg, but brand feels way different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

Vel is comparable yeah, as is morg, but brand feels way different.

Also I'm just going to say it, Velkoz support is ok at best. Vel mid is really, really good though.

Vel support is kind of hamstrung by the fact that you really have to prioritize rylai's for it to work. You want to buy that in mid, too, but it doesn't have to be your first big item.

• Locked thread