Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'd say it'll be used, because if you don't then you'll be capped on magic pretty quick, and then you're passing up magic draw points all over the place.

Honestly it'll be interesting to see. It's an ongoing game design problem where even if you make refills common people get worried and don't use stuff because "I don't know when the next refill will be!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tildryn
Mar 18, 2009

I'd say it'll be used, because if you don't then you'll be capped on magic pretty quick, and then you're passing up magic draw points all over the place.

It probably also helps that using magic seems like it's really satisfying, as opposed to just making your bars refill.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Is that demo going to be made available for us PlayStation accounts? It looks like it would be fun but I don't have time to jump through the hoops to set up a japan account.

There are no hoops. You create the account right on your PS4 and click a link in an email.

Here's how to create a Japanese PSN ID in 60 seconds - if you don't have time to make one, you don't have time to play the demo.

https://youtu.be/MUiLEZeIprs

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Tae posted:

The magic system of being able to pump up a spell's power up to 99 for a super charged attack is a really interesting way that will never be used because most people will just hoard magic like precious elixer.

Each campsite has a draw point for the three staples of fire ice and lightning, there's about 9 campsites in the judgement demo area, which is the prologue area all the streams from E3 and such have shown, and each draw point gives about 33 magic and you can only hold 99. Also, each bottle of magic gives 3 uses. So I'd say at least they're encouraging usage of the common element magic.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Yeah based on what I've seen it will be more like potions than elixirs. Potentially a constraint in a single battle but not really one over a campaign. There will still be broken people who almost never cast a spell for fear of not having some THAT ONE TIME.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

There are no hoops. You create the account right on your PS4 and click a link in an email.

Here's how to create a Japanese PSN ID in 60 seconds - if you don't have time to make one, you don't have time to play the demo.

https://youtu.be/MUiLEZeIprs

For some reason I thought it would be more involved, with faking an ip or address or whatever like is needed for Netflix. Silly me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff15/roadtrip/miniguide.pdf

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

"As he levels up, Prompto unlocks various color effects and techniques such as the
ability to take selfies."

I was only joking when I suggested leveling up lets him use instagram filters!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

At max level he unlocks a selfie stick and then the game REALLY opens up

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

tote up a bags posted:

At max level he unlocks a selfie stick and then the game REALLY opens up

Oh my god make it happen

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Anyone that uses a selfie stick deserves to get hit by a bus

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Anyone that uses a selfie stick deserves to get hit by a bus

Prompto definitely deserves to get hit by a bus, so this checks out.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I managed to unlock Prompto's black hole Tech and drat it's powerful

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sometimes magic happens

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey those two funny Eurogamer people are back with another hour of FFXV!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADT1imaYZW0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
what

you level up your chocobo riding skills and it literally says Con-Kweh-Tulations

who localized this, Koji fox

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Terper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADT1imaYZW0

I feel like you are pimping your own videos... but that's ok because they're enjoyable.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

God I wish I could play FFXV early.

But I'd legit watch a full playthrough with these two, they're hilarious.

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 16, 2016

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Terper posted:

Sometimes magic happens

This is a postmodern masterpiece.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Terper posted:

Sometimes magic happens

Noctis' World by Andrew Wyeth.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Terper posted:

That helped get me more pumped for the final product and then I realized I was only 18 minutes in :wtf:

e: oh my god 36:55 BEST CHARACTER
e: OH GOD CHOCOBOS

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 16, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The way you hold down a direction + button to do attacks sounds like Lightning Returns which had bitchin' combat so I hope there are some similarities there in terms of the wicked combos you can pull off.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Terper posted:

Sometimes magic happens

Is Ignis having a cigarette?

Edit - I'm playing the japanese demo is there a way to change their clothes? I want to play dress up barbie.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Vitamin P posted:

Edit - I'm playing the japanese demo is there a way to change their clothes? I want to play dress up barbie.

Third choice on the main menu then the bottom option of key items, [OFF] is the outfit with an item taken off, usually a jacket

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 16, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

He's pushing up his glasses like he's in an anime, the total tool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terper posted:

He's pushing up his glasses like he's in an anime, the total tool

Ye best start believing in anime, Mr. Ignis. Yer in one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I havent watched any lengthy videos or played any of the demos lol. are duscae/the platinum demo worth revisiting at all i've had them both on my HD forever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Duscae is fun but probably outdated now, the Platinum one is a kind of boring tech demo that doesn't really work as one thanks to all the tech issues.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No. Download the Judgment Disc demo with a Japanese account if you wanna play a demo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think I will just watch KINGSGLAIVE lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you want to save $60 play the Platinum demo cause you aren't gonna want to buy the game after that.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Anyone know how saving works, is it a save anywhere kind of deal?
My patience for games that use save points these days is very thin. I'm still getting it but i'm curious how it deals with it.

edit: nevermind i just opened the miniguide linked above and it's on the first page, ha

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 16, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

If you want to save $60 play the Platinum demo cause you aren't gonna want to buy the game after that.

Platinum demo is just techdemo#2 and feeling+looking like two piles of poo poo. Judgment demo is kickass.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meanwhile Duscae has an old version of the combat system that is worse in every way and only has like 3 kinds of enemies to fight.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Augus posted:

Meanwhile Duscae has an old version of the combat system that is worse in every way and only has like 3 kinds of enemies to fight.

That's actually pretty rad come to think of it. I played it recently and fell in love with it then, so I'll be happy when I get my digital copy to unlock the day before my birthday.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

MrLonghair posted:

Third choice on the main menu then the bottom option of key items, [OFF] is the outfit with an item taken off, usually a jacket

Thanks!

Terper posted:

No. Download the Judgment Disc demo with a Japanese account if you wanna play a demo.

Yeah, the judgement demo is weirdly fun considering it's a foreign language demo of a roleplaying game, definitely worth the 10 minutes or so it took to make a japanese PSN. The combat feels good and the basic gameplay loop of 'roll into the next town, do the hunting quests, move on' could have real legs.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So, let's say you don't speak or read a lick of Japanese beyond so desu ka (and don't even know the kanji for that) -- is the demo completely inaccessible? How're the folks who can't read Japanese navigating their way through it?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

So, let's say you don't speak or read a lick of Japanese beyond so desu ka (and don't even know the kanji for that) -- is the demo completely inaccessible? How're the folks who can't read Japanese navigating their way through it?

It's very straightforward, and the tutorial has visual button prompts so learning how to play isn't a problem.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I think the only things you need are:

Start/Options Button menu:
Resume game
Save
Load
Options
Tutorials
Back to Title

From within the Main Menu (via touchpad on PS4):
Map
Quest
Equipment
Abilities (this is the grid where you purchase abilities with AP)
Skills (this is management of the party's survival/camping skills)
Magic
Item
Photo

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Linnaeus posted:

I think the only things you need are:

Start/Options Button menu:
Resume game
Save
Load
Options
Tutorials
Back to Title

From within the Main Menu (via touchpad on PS4):
Map
Quest
Equipment
Abilities (this is the grid where you purchase abilities with AP)
Skills (this is management of the party's survival/camping skills)
Magic
Item
Photo

Awesome - thank you. I've already got the demo downloading and was a little hesitant about whether pulling the 13 gigs would be worthwhile but at the very least I can try out the combat a bit. Have no idea how I'll use the Ascension grid or complete any quests, but I figure it'll at least give me a sense of whether I enjoy the baseline play enough to toss in a pre-order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There are rough translations online for everything that might take more than a minute to puzzle out, namely the Ascension Grid and the settings menu, so I wouldn't worry too much. Google is on your side.

• Locked thread