Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I knew that was gonna be taken awry, but so it goes.

It's the first time in my life I've needed more length to properly screw a hole, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sagebrush posted:

I'll take "things said in Coydog's bedroom last night", Alex

Lol

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

It's the first time in my life I've needed more length to properly screw a hole, that's for sure.

That's not what she said.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I'll take "things said in Coydog's bedroom last night", Alex

Low hanging but sweet nonetheless.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I almost keyed someone's car for the first time in my life the other day. This is my normal biek spot at work :

After about ten minutes of extreme self-control, I moved the Tuono and walked away. I had a vicious note written out but we are an extremely donor/volunteer-based non-profit, our average visitor/client age is like 87 and it was "volunteer appreciation night". There was no winning this one - people at work knows my bike and where I park. "You park like a dickhead you senile old corpse, give up your license now no excuses" would have gone over poorly.

Instead I will rant in this thread about how the entire DMV nationwide needs to seriously revamp how licenses are issued to people over loving 70, my own father included for fucks sake. I will also park in the back behind the boiler room from here on out.

I'm loving salty just looking at the photos again :argh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
wow, and who would have ever expected it to be a BMW

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That's an amazingly bad parking job.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

wow, and who would have ever expected it to be a BMW

I couldn't even rave helplessly about that, because I also park my beloved E46 330ci in that spot :owned:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I park my E46 very conscientiously, as I have always parked.

My beater jeep that I don't give a poo poo about because it was free, though, that I will use to deliberately gently caress with people who park badly. If I see some dong who has parked way over the line on his driver's side, I will purposefully squeeze in to the spot on his left, attempting to leave as few inches as possible between me and his driver door, while still being entirely within the lines. I don't care if they ding or key the jeep. :smugdog:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I park my E46 very conscientiously, as I have always parked.

My beater jeep that I don't give a poo poo about because it was free, though, that I will use to deliberately gently caress with people who park badly. If I see some dong who has parked way over the line on his driver's side, I will purposefully squeeze in to the spot on his left, attempting to leave as few inches as possible between me and his driver door, while still being entirely within the lines. I don't care if they ding or key the jeep. :smugdog:

Although you are an rear end in a top hat, I approve of this. :twisted:

(rear end in a top hat in the sense that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but lol)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If you park deep in a spot then expect things like that, along with having your bike romped over.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlackMK4 posted:

If you park deep in a spot then expect things like that, along with having your bike romped over.

Do you tell women not to wear short skirts, too, or is victim blaming just something you do to motorcyclists?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

PCOS Bill posted:

Do you tell women not to wear short skirts, too, or is victim blaming just something you do to motorcyclists?

I just remembered why I have you on ignore

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlackMK4 posted:

I just remembered why I have you on ignore

Because you don't like being called out for victim blaming?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If you ride a bike and you have a victim attitude it's only going to end badly for you. Gotta put yourself in the best position at all times, on the road or in a parking spot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I almost keyed someone's car for the first time in my life the other day.

After about ten minutes of extreme self-control,
The guy's obviously a BMW driver, and I mean that as a type of driver separate from the brand of car he's driving, but honestly chill out dude. Someone parked badly near your bike, didn't prevent you from moving at all, and I presume didn't touch your bike at all. You don't need to start brake checking people on the highway in the middle of a motovlog or kicking their mirrors over that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

If you ride a bike and you have a victim attitude it's only going to end badly for you. Gotta put yourself in the best position at all times, on the road or in a parking spot.

Yup, no use screaming I WAS THE VICTIM when you're in the ICU.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

PCOS Bill posted:

LOL you dumbass, you choose to be a motorcyclist. You don't choose to be a woman

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hey this PCOS Bill guy is alright no need to pile on, he's just playin anyway

Do you boo, PCOS Bill

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

nsaP posted:

This is the best advice to go by, and there's a chapter in Proficient Motorcycling dedicated to this exact concept. Doesn't matter if you're right or how unfair it is, because you will always lose.

They should hammer this poo poo into people's heads when they take the MSF. It loving sucks but that's the trade off for cheap, ludicrous speed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Bananana posted:

Although you are an rear end in a top hat, I approve of this. :twisted:

(rear end in a top hat in the sense that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but lol)

If you're doing it to a BMW then it isn't wrong. :colbert:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The guy's obviously a BMW driver, and I mean that as a type of driver separate from the brand of car he's driving, but honestly chill out dude. Someone parked badly near your bike, didn't prevent you from moving at all, and I presume didn't touch your bike at all. You don't need to start brake checking people on the highway in the middle of a motovlog or kicking their mirrors over that.

Yah like I said, I moved the bike and walked away as I realized it was extremely likely it was some old fogey who had no idea they even did it, but it rustled my jimmies at the time. I have no intention of road raging on anyone.

Sorry for ranting in the ranting thread.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

BUT IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF IT

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Yah like I said, I moved the bike and walked away as I realized it was extremely likely it was some old fogey who had no idea they even did it, but it rustled my jimmies at the time. I have no intention of road raging on anyone.

Sorry for ranting in the ranting thread.

No don't be sorry, that is exactly why I made this thread. The sober reflection and analysis thread is over there. This is the call everyone a shithead worthless oval office to get it out of your system thread.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Finger Prince posted:

No don't be sorry, that is exactly why I made this thread. The sober reflection and analysis thread is over there. This is the call everyone a shithead worthless oval office to get it out of your system thread.

:agreed: I like coming here to vent and to read venting. We are all impotent in the face of poo poo drivers in vehicles that can crush us like bugs, this is our safe space.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Cycle Asylum Ranting Echo Chamber/Padded Room: You don't choose to be a woman

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Where's the fetus going to gestate? In the airbox?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

echomadman posted:

Where's the fetus going to gestate? In the airbox?

Tear the fetus out for improved airflow & weight reduction

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Abort it in the third trimester and name it Buell.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Womb-in-swingarm design

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Did you know it has an RPM at 6 weeks and an instrument cluster at 8?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
ITS NOT DESIGN

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:yikes:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
:wtc:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If motorcycles evolved from bicycles how come there are still bicycles? :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Collateral Damage posted:

If motorcycles evolved from bicycles how come there are still bicycles? :colbert:

Lol ok this one is good.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
As a refutation of Intelligent Design, may I present the Italian electrical system

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Noice

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Evolution would have you believe that this Harley would evolve into a working motorcycle. Instead, it just sits there, leaking oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker