Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

unpacked robinhood posted:

Thanks and yeah, I noticed it after uploading. I'll try to return my V600 because it used to be a single line and now there's several.
I don't know what causes the uneven exposure on the right side, I have other shots like this on the same roll.

You may have a some dust in the calibration area which is up near the hinge. I've had weird lines show up on scans from that.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 18, 2016

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Untitled by Jason Martin, on Flickr

thetzar fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 15, 2016

Zank Frappa
Oct 16, 2006
Freak me out Frank.

DSC_0080 -4 by Cantebury Nz, on Flickr

DSC_0032 -1 by Cantebury Nz, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Saas-Balen by Tom Olson, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

eggsovereasy posted:

You may have a some dust in the calibration area which is up near the hinge. I've had weird lines show up on scans from that.

Thanks I think you were correct ! I cleaned the glass and didn't see any lines on the one neg I checked.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Really dig the idea, but I wish the homes would stand out a bit more against the sky.

And this isn't a landscape per se, but gently caress it, I din't know where else to post it:

DSCF0841-Edit by Maciej, on Flickr

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

This is one of my favourites of what you have recently posted.

This is pretty

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

I looked at this on my laptop and couldn't see poo poo. Looked again on my real screen to mention that, and now I can see that it is awesome.

This is, too.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 16, 2016

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

thetzar posted:

I looked at this on my laptop and couldn't see poo poo. Looked again on my real screen to mention that, and now I can see that it is awesome.

InternetJunky posted:

This is one of my favourites of what you have recently posted.

Thanks!

Putrid Grin posted:

Really dig the idea, but I wish the homes would stand out a bit more against the sky.

omg how dare you!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

This is cool.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

I don't know what causes the uneven exposure on the right side, I have other shots like this on the same roll.

Yashica TLRs have leaf shutters, otherwise I would say that looks exactly like what my kiev60 does, which I think is due to variability in the width of the gap between shutter curtains over their traverse.

I'd also consider saying that it kind of looks like what my rb67 does sometimes, but yours is more pronounced. The rb67 is also a leaf shutter camera. I don't think that the shutter has anything to do with uneven exposures like that, in the case of either of our leaf shutter cameras.

This has been my unhelpful post.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Really curious if you've printed this series at all (and if the concept holds up at all when it is printed and not backlit). Whenever I see one of your posts on my phone, I have to make a point to go back and look at it on my calibrated monitor, because the difference is night and day.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Shellman posted:

the difference is night and day.

Might want to recalibrate your monitor then, it's supposed to be night :v:

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

drat dude your shits so dark flickr tagged it as monochrome.

This is my favorite from the set.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Shellman posted:

Really curious if you've printed this series at all (and if the concept holds up at all when it is printed and not backlit). Whenever I see one of your posts on my phone, I have to make a point to go back and look at it on my calibrated monitor, because the difference is night and day.

I haven't printed either of these two photos since I took them recently, but I printed up a lot of stuff I shot in 2015 and early 2016 that was quite dark and, without making any adjustments to them, some of the photos worked and some of them were just too dark and I couldn't really see what was going on. Shortly after that I moved and haven't taken the time to print anything else but my plan is to pick a paper that I want to use, and then take some of the photos and print them out at different brightness adjustments at a small size before picking which one I like best and getting that printed at the full size that I want. As for how well their desired effect will translate to print after increasing brightness, I have no clue.

One print method that I saw that I thought would be extremely cool, albeit extremely expensive, was printing them as transparencies and create led lightboxes for them. There's this material called Duratan that is supposed to be good for that.

http://www.40visuals.com/duratran-transparency-film/

But we're talking like $200 for a big print so I'd need to have a serious project to consider spending that kind of money.

SMERSH Mouth posted:

drat dude your shits so dark flickr tagged it as monochrome.

This is my favorite from the set.

Thanks, and yeah I laughed at that tag too.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RangerScum posted:

I haven't printed either of these two photos since I took them recently, but I printed up a lot of stuff I shot in 2015 and early 2016 that was quite dark and, without making any adjustments to them, some of the photos worked and some of them were just too dark and I couldn't really see what was going on. Shortly after that I moved and haven't taken the time to print anything else but my plan is to pick a paper that I want to use, and then take some of the photos and print them out at different brightness adjustments at a small size before picking which one I like best and getting that printed at the full size that I want. As for how well their desired effect will translate to print after increasing brightness, I have no clue.

One print method that I saw that I thought would be extremely cool, albeit extremely expensive, was printing them as transparencies and create led lightboxes for them. There's this material called Duratan that is supposed to be good for that.

http://www.40visuals.com/duratran-transparency-film/

But we're talking like $200 for a big print so I'd need to have a serious project to consider spending that kind of money.

Thanks, and yeah I laughed at that tag too.

It might sound cool in your head, but picture all the backlit transparency pictures you've ever seen, perhaps in a flea market or your grandma's house...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfyEtZyLq8

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Finger Prince posted:

It might sound cool in your head, but picture all the backlit transparency pictures you've ever seen, perhaps in a flea market or your grandma's house...

That looks like a painting with holes poked in it to create an added affect? The idea I have is just to have the photos evenly backlit in an effort to have them appear the same as they do on a computer screen.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Finger Prince posted:

Thanks, I'm gonna picture all the backlit transparency pictures you apparently haven't seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4140oY7d8

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

MrBlandAverage posted:

Thanks, I'm gonna picture all the backlit transparency pictures you apparently haven't seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4140oY7d8
I'd love to see Jeff Wall transparencies brought to life by miniature LEDs and twinkling or color changing fiber optic lights.

--

Tewkesbury

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Great stuff, Rangerscum!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Here you go have some fuckin trash:

We Move by Cacator, on Flickr

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ape posted:

Great stuff, Rangerscum!

Thank you sir!

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Ric posted:

Tewkesbury

Love both of these.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Daytona Beach, FL by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Soopafly posted:

Love both of these.

Thanks! I like yours.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Unfortunately they've just hit a technical issue, but a two day landscape photography conference is being livestreamed via youtube. I believe a recording will be available afterwards too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWc4c9SytCKMt49qCRkefw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

untitled-2.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

untitled-1.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

untitled-6.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr