Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SuperKlaus posted:

And Waywatcher is Watelgi which means stupid elf, essentially..

Noo, no no no. Watelgi is an ancient dwarven word meaning "Honored Warrior"

haha hey guys i told her it means 'honored warrior', hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It's "Wutelgi", and it has no derogatory meaning. It's just "wood elf". Azum also alternately means sturdy and tough, and Grim turns out to be harsh or, unsurprisingly, grim. Gi is the shortened version of the word for people, so it's clear he's calling Kruber a tough guy and Saltzpyre a grim guy (which, obviously, Saltzpyre relishes). Zharrin is a much more poetic name, so the only reasonable translation for it is the literal one, which is indeed "lady of flame" or "fire lady".

His nickname for Kerillian isn't directly insulting, but considering the affection that clearly goes into his other nicknames, the lack of affection in Kerillian's is still quite telling.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

xthetenth posted:

Maybe like a hammer but with a charge being single damage and long reach, with the non-charge being sweeps that hit like a shield? That could be too good but it would need space and time to take the real heavies and not really clear crowds as much as control them while a hammer can keep things moving a bit better and kill the crowds.

I see a spear being kind of like the Axe+Shield for the dwarf: Regular attacks are single target and armor piercing and mid-good damage, charge attacks are hellish wide sweeps that does lowish damage but knocks things down/back.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

SuperKlaus posted:

Can I get a rundown on the item crafting system? Is it good value to break items I don't want versus fusing them? I don't know how it works at all.

Sure, there's basically two crafting stations, each with three things you can do with them.

Tab 1 of the forge allows you to fuse 5 items together to get 1 item of better quality. The kind of item you get will be picked randomly from the ones you spent, so if you fuse 5 green hammers together, you'll get 1 blue hammer. If you fuse 3 hammers and 2 crossbows, you'll have a 60% chance of getting a hammer, and a 40% chance of getting a crossbow.

Tab 2 of the forge allows you to unlock perks on weapons. All weapons that are green quality or higher have 1-3 perks on them. These perks start locked and have no effect until you unlock them. Unlocking a perk requires ore. All you do here is put the item you want to improve in the square socket, select which trait you want to unlock, and pay the required ore.

Tab 3 of the forge lets you destroy an item to get some ore. White items become white ore, and so forth. I believe you get a random amount from 15-25 ore, or something like that.

The other crafting station is the shrine.

Tab 1 of the shrine lets you pay ore to get a weapon. First you choose which character you want the weapon for by dragging that character's trinket to the square socket. Then you choose what quality of weapon you want to get. Then you pay ore of that quality, and Sigmar will randomly decide what kind of weapon you're getting. The tab at the bottom lets you choose whether you want a melee weapon, a ranged weapon, or let Sigmar decide. If you let Sigmar decide, you don't pay as much ore, but of course you have less chance of getting what you want if you want a specific item.

Tab 2 of the shrine lets you pay a little ore to reroll the perks on a weapon. If you got a sweet orange weapon but it has crappy perks on it, bring it here and Sigmar will pick a new set for you. You can choose whether to keep the new set or the old set, so don't be afraid to reroll perks on a good weapon, if the new set is bad you can always keep the old set.

Tab 3 of the shrine lets you pay ore to reroll the quality of a perk. You probably noticed that before you unlocked a perk it said something like "3%-10% chance to restore health on normal attack", and then when you unlocked the perk the description changed to something static like "4.8% chance to restore health on normal attack". Basically when you unlock the perk, the game randomly decides how strong that perk is going to be, so if you rolled badly, you can try again here on tab 3 of the shrine. You pick the item you want to improve, the perk you want to reroll, and pay some ore. This will never make the perk worse than it already is, so if you're swimming in ore, it's safe to reroll even high quality perks to get the best possible result if that's what you want to spend your ore on.

Hope that helps!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also note that the name Zharrin implies nobility. He clearly really likes Sienna and holds her in high regard.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Also note that the name Zharrin implies nobility. He clearly really likes Sienna and holds her in high regard.

A lot of his dialog seems to reinforce this too. I like the dynamics between the characters in this game.

Also, since the Halloween patch, and the subsequent patch to remove it, the inn has gotten to be a bit on the "frame-y" side for me. I don't have any comparable issues elsewhere in the game. This a known issue?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fire Barrel posted:

A lot of his dialog seems to reinforce this too. I like the dynamics between the characters in this game.

I suspect part of it is that she's older. Dwarves generally respect age and experience above anything.

The other part is probably that she's the only one who is having exactly as much fun as he is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

James Woods Fan posted:

PSN is JamesWoodsKiting. Gonna be playing all day.

Mine is pengun1o1.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Yes... yes, fire is a great purifier indeed :o:.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I thought drengrazi was comrads

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought drengrazi was comrads

Dawri is 'comrade', but it's a form specifically referring to non-dwarves; it's derived from the adjective 'dawr', which refers to an item or asset that is as good as it's going to get without being battle tested. 'Dawi' is how dwarves refer to themselves, and dwarven comrades are generally referred to as Dawi since all dwarves are supposed to be one on the field of battle.

"Drengbarazi" is the long, formal term that specifically refers to 'oathbound slayers'. The definition implicitly includes comrade, though, the same way the WH40k 'brother' title for space marines between each other includes 'comrade'. the truly important thing to note is that i can't think of any other major times that I've heard of dwarves referring to non-dwarves as "drengbarazi", which could imply a handful of things (from bardin just being weird to him outright understanding that this is likely the end of the world) but is definitely indicative of very deep respect.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
:ussr: :siren:The Star of the Sisterhood is on the quest board today!:siren: :ussr:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rat proletariat will wilt against cold winds of motherland! Vodka for all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiBlB-OwCY

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.

Digirat posted:

Rat proletariat will wilt against cold winds of motherland! Vodka for all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiBlB-OwCY

I assume you meant to link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L1Eh5iJBS4 _L1Eh5iJBS4 and qBiBlB-OwCY are right next to each other on the keyboard, a common typo after all

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What is the best loadout for a 2H Axe? I've been rerolling a bunch, and the best I've been able to roll is Bloodlust, Swift Strike (Charged Attack), Backstabbery.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ignite Memories posted:

What is the best loadout for a 2H Axe? I've been rerolling a bunch, and the best I've been able to roll is Bloodlust, Swift Strike (Charged Attack), Backstabbery.

The first two plus Perfect Balance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Devastating Blow is also handy. I've found myself wanting it on more weapons that do wide arc damage like the 2H axe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like Devblow better on a zweihander where it's less likely to push them out of reach of the followup.

But then zweihanders are my favorite weapon in the game.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
My 2h axe is bloodlust, perfect balance, and devestating blow, and I cannot think of a trait I would take in trade for any of those. While swift slaying is definitely nice when it procs, it can never be depended on the way devestating blow can to interrupt stormvermin or get you out of a pickle

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Now I just gotta do the 3 drachenfels maps on Cataclysm and then the next dlc and I can never play this game again.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So if you're using the star of sisterhood and a teammate gets hit while you're carrying a barrel, it will spark

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Digirat posted:

So if you're using the star of sisterhood and a teammate gets hit while you're carrying a barrel, it will spark

Working as intended.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i made sure to grab the contract for one this time, since i actually have the board

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I have played this game for 150 hours and beaten every map on the highest difficulty and I have yet to roll a 7 at the end.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nanomashoes posted:

I have played this game for 150 hours and beaten every map on the highest difficulty and I have yet to roll a 7 at the end.

I'm one of those loot pricks everyone loves to hate. I'm under level 100 and have a couple of reds from rolling 7s, plus I got anti curse somewhere in the 70s level range. I rolled krubers lowenhelm .Last time I saw skandranon he was level 300 something and still hadn't seen the anti curse trinket.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I snagged a lichbone pendant at level 30 and haven't looked back.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Steam says i got like 250hrs in this (inaccurate since I idle a lot) but the actual playtime should be around 150-200. Rolled a 7 once only, and I'd never rolled for an orange trinket until last week. It was a lichebone

Death On Toast posted:

My 2h axe is bloodlust, perfect balance, and devestating blow, and I cannot think of a trait I would take in trade for any of those. While swift slaying is definitely nice when it procs, it can never be depended on the way devestating blow can to interrupt stormvermin or get you out of a pickle

Have the same setup on my rapier. It feels as if this is the best setup for all non-shield weapons, it rocks.

e: exept maybe bw swords, where you kinda need the earthing rune. For shields I go with bloodlust/devblow plus another stamina trait apart from perfect balance. They say bloodlust on shields sucks for cata, well it doesn't.

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 17, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nanomashoes posted:

Jesus. Well now you can get the bad reds with the quest board.

Chaining charged attacks on the two handed swords feels really bad. it takes so much time and the animation cue for when it's ready isn't as easy as the hammers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Jesus. Well now you can get the bad reds with the quest board.

Chaining charged attacks on the two handed swords feels really bad. it takes so much time and the animation cue for when it's ready isn't as easy as the hammers.

The true charged attack chain on 2h swords is Charge Attack, Push, Charge Attack, rather than going from one charge immediately into the next.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Berserking on a two hander is really good for rat swarms. Charge attacks are better but I really like the standard attack on swarms.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
If I spend oranges to craft a ranged weapon for saltspyre can I get the volley crossbow?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Unusual posted:

If I spend oranges to craft a ranged weapon for saltspyre can I get the volley crossbow?

no

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wizards: not even once.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

TZEENTCH'S CURSE

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Nanomashoes posted:

http://i.imgur.com/IPYay84.gifv

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

we then later had a ratling gunner constantly firing at us while standing on top of what i guess was the kill barrier, all the walls and floors meaning precisely gently caress all

we still won \o/

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

multiple times now i've seen gunners spawn out on the water during the finale of waterfront and just kinda hover in air while firing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the reverse depth charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

multiple times now i've seen gunners spawn out on the water during the finale of waterfront and just kinda hover in air while firing

Warpstone: Not even once.

• Locked thread