Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

I'd go to a Takeover easy but my interest in going to a run of the mill NXT house show is way less than it would've been a year ago. I've seen Nakamura a ton of times live in a more intimate enviornment and most of the rest of the roster doesn't do a lot for me rn.
Seeing Nakamura at Stage AE would be pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roque11 posted:

Don't worry. You will see a huge boost in ticket sales in the new year when half of the ROH roster supposedly debuts.

At least they'll be drawing somewhere

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Who is even in ROH anymore like Jay Lethal and a bag of stale chips?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If only they had a true talent like Aron Rex.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

projecthalaxy posted:

Do they still have Dalton Castle? I've only seen a little bit from him but he seems good.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

projecthalaxy posted:

To my surprise NJPW has yet to poach Cheeseburger after his run at Wrestlekingdom.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Dudes worth something in ROH today:
-Jay Lethal
-Dalton Castle
-Adam Cole
-the bucks kind of???
-Dalton Castle's boys

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

new japan hasnt brought cheeseburger back even one time since he got way over at wrestlekingdom. the biggest argument against gedo as booker of the year

ligerburger would have torn poo poo up in the junior tag league

it occurs to me that we might get to see scott norton powerbomb cheeseburger to the earth's core come january

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

checksin posted:

-Jay Lethal
-Dalton Castle
-Adam Cole
-the bucks kind of???
-Dalton Castle's boys

Bucks are probably the most valuable part of ROH. Bobby Fish is also really cool. ROH has lost all momentum but they still have some great talent. In addition to who you named; War Machine, the Briscoes, Kaz, Daniels, and Lio Rush. Featuring Kamaitachi, Dragon Lee, MCMG, Keith Lee and Shane Taylor. It's not huge praise but i'd rather watch weekly ROH than weekly NXT.

Also Beer City Bruiser

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

rovert posted:

WWE is having a major meltdown over NXT ticket sales for the shows all this week but especially Toronto. I think they've only realised the extent of it today.

NZ/Aus tour sales been a disappointment too, I'm gathering. The NZ shows were cancelled and now three weeks out they've started offering 2-for-1 tickets to the Aus shows.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

checksin posted:

-Jay Lethal
-Dalton Castle
-Adam Cole
-the bucks kind of???
-Dalton Castle's boys
- geek Randy Orton

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rovert posted:

WWE is having a major meltdown over NXT ticket sales for the shows all this week but especially Toronto. I think they've only realised the extent of it today.

Hmm seems like HHH is actually bad at promoting wrestling. Bad news if he thinks he's the future.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Looks like Bayley was the real money draw all along.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/798981565074329601

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I feel like the issue is that now that NXT contains a huge amount of big name Indy guys, the weekly episodes are just excuses for the names to have matches.

In the past, even with other Indy guys like Neville and Sami, it felt more like the weekly shows were following the wrestlers' journey towards the NXT main event. Today, guys like Aries and Roode debut at or near the top of the card, and they could be slotted into a title match at any time without anyone thinking twice about it, but it seems like they aren't actively pushing for it or trying to GET a title match. They just exist, silently waiting their turn while they have exhibition matches and maybe meaningless feuds.

I know you can't have a Bobby Roode debut at the bottom of the card and slowly work his way up like a Tye Dillinger did, but it just seems like ever since Balor won the NXT title, there has been no upward mobility for anyone. People just stayed at the level where they debuted ever since.

I think what we need is for a beloved face to have an interesting and challenging title chase as a main focal point for the weekly shows. Something different from a perpetual Number One Contender situation.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Turns out that it was all Ryan Ward. Watch for the post-Survivor Series angle where HHH tries as hard as he can to make it come across like he's in charge of SmackDown

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why are you posting a goon's own twitter feed on the forums

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I agree with that. Signings are cool, but they can't replace a story. They just need that face to emerge and I don't think they were ever sold on it being Jose. Basically what I am saying is that Joe goes up, Almas takes the title from Nakamura (who goes up), and then push DOZEVIC to the moon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna mark the gently caress out when Heavy Machinery beats Revival for the titles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

to be fair it's a really good analogy. liked and shared

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Been a while since shite noncontributory posts like this were posted in this thread. But I will humour you it was an amusing comment that I liked. I've done it before and will likely do it again.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
NXT is just a shorter Raw now. The talent is there and the matches are good but nothing happens for months.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Hmm seems like HHH is actually bad at promoting wrestling. Bad news if he thinks he's the future.
Yeah nothing matters anymore, there is no one who could own this company to run it competently :smith:

NXT needs to start making stories and stop making shows about being the set up for the Takeover with supercards that are built up with little build and emotion.

Its like saying how those Marvel movies are just commercials for the next movies except way more valid

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I look forward to NXT's panicked signing of hot prospects BONE SOLDIER and Manabu Nakanishi

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 16, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Pulled a back row ringside ticket for $100 on StubHub, down from a face of $150. Nice thing is that if it's fake there will be plenty of tickets at the door!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The weekly show has been missing something lately. I'm not sure where it started getting less exciting for me. It used to be that I would make sure I tuned in at 8pm on the dot to see the show - now, some nights, if I miss the show completely I don't rush to catch back up on it.

I feel like a lot of it probably has to do with calling up all of the established women basically at once (minus Bayley). Some weeks just feel like such filler episodes with nothing of note happening outside of a 10-minute segment with a champion and whatever storyline they're involved in. I do like that NXT has never been afraid to keep champions off of TV for a couple of weeks rather than trying to force everyone into a spot on every episode, but something is definitely falling short at this point. Hopefully they can swing back around and make the show exciting again because the Takeover events are always pretty well on-point.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/799023279675756560
https://twitter.com/carlosthedwarf_/status/799023715505737728
This house of cards is falling down!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dicking around on the ticket master website shows me that they havent even filled the hard camera side sections for NXT toronto. You can get row three in the lower bowl right now. Sure its for a silly price, but its going to be hard to get a butt in that seat in three days time without giving it away.

So its worse than not being half full.

At least maybe I'll get to rub elbows with some CHFI contest winners.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Put the strap on Murphy already.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

NXT house shows are fun even if the actual TV show is kind of boring right now. Although maybe less fun than a year ago when it was like an indy wrestling all star game.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/799033446043709440
My god it happened, the stagnation of the NXT brand broke Fray's love of Paul :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol Paul shilling cheap tickets on Twitter. Also he was never a good wrestler, or a draw.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
if i can find a really cheap last-minute flight i will help you fill your building in toronto mr. levesque

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Windupsoup/status/799037237082095616

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/799038584670081024
Dead promotion. HHH out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's a real good card

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is daria the shooter gimmick from tough enough

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

is daria the shooter gimmick from tough enough

Yea

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is anything going to happen on this week's episode or is it just going to be a clip show leading into Toronto

• Locked thread