Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Business Gorillas posted:

Turns out people eventually figured out that he wasn't actually for these policies in any substantive way and they called Hillary's bluff when she tried to do the same thing

Ding ding ding! Exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/798986221703794688

LOL He's just throwing names of people he's seen on Fox News before against the wall.

I wonder if he threw out Bolton's name just to terrify people, it certainly worked for me. Every time a new name comes out now I just think "OK at least it's not Bolton."

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Am I drinking too much kool-aid by following @sarahkendzior ?

I have a feeling I'm just working myself up over the stuff being posted, but dammit it feels right.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

LOL He's just throwing names of people he's seen on Fox News before against the wall.

It's basically this scene only with politician names
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCggmsCXk4&t=13s

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Reconcile the continued discrimination of the Mizrahi and the Sephardi in a supposedly Jewish state tia

I think you are picking me out as a strawman for Israel. I've never been to the country, and am not Jewish and I don't know the details of the issues you mention. But I can't stand to see people say horrible stuff about people mainly for their ethnicity/religion. It's got me in trouble on Reddit for sticking up for the Muslims (I am not a Muslim) and I suspect it's going to continue getting me in trouble. Remember many Muslim countries suck at least as hard as Israel (Iran loves to stone the gays and Afghanistan has worse women's rights than the Handmaid's Tale) - and people here saying blanket things about Muslims being horrible would get flamed.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

TheBigAristotle posted:

I always thought Alfred's speech about the Joker's motivations (or lack thereof) was the most accurate summation of Trump, but now I'm thinking it's this clip about the Joker chasing cars and not knowing what to do if he ever caught one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkWrpH3H3Q

The other half of that story is that the dog dies. It gets the car, dies on impact, leaving its body and the car to get pissed on by other dogs smart enough to wait.

See: Trump's current game of musical staff chairs

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He should appoint Joe Lieberman SoS and claim bipartisanship.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

I think you are picking me out as a strawman for Israel. I've never been to the country, and am not Jewish and I don't know the details of the issues you mention. But I can't stand to see people say horrible stuff about people mainly for their ethnicity/religion. It's got me in trouble on Reddit for sticking up for the Muslims (I am not a Muslim) and I suspect it's going to continue getting me in trouble. Remember many Muslim countries suck at least as hard as Israel (Iran loves to stone the gays and Afghanistan has worse women's rights than the Handmaid's Tale) - and people here saying blanket things about Muslims being horrible would get flamed.
People here were pretty clearly differentiating between Jews as a group and Israel as a country, dude.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So Bernie is making a speech to the American People tonight. Considering he just got appointed the head of the DNCs outreach I think we might get some good stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

mcmagic posted:

Should be Nikki Minaj tbqh

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

So you'd rather run around calling people anti-semites as opposed to actually understanding legitimate grievances or nuance? How shockingly familiar.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No, I don't like that either. There are many innocent people in Israel who don't agree politically with their leaders, including many Muslims remember. I don't want to drat a whole country.

They're not. They're damning the country's policy.:ssh:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So basically Trump has no transition team and doesn't understand what his new job is going to be, and is, in a great and organized fashion, just randomly saying names of people he has heard of and departments he just learned about?

Cool.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Floating all these people with no diplomatic or foreign policy experience or knowledge to be the world's top diplomat is pretty weird, even for Trump.

I don't know who this is supposed to be for.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stereotype posted:

So basically Trump has no transition team and doesn't understand what his new job is going to be, and is, in a great and organized fashion, just randomly saying names of people he has heard of and departments he just learned about?

Cool.

This is what happens when you hire a complete outside with literally no experience and very little political know-how. If he had any morals (lol), he'd cede the job to Hillary. But lol about that ever happening.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

No, I don't like that either. There are many innocent people in Israel who don't agree politically with their leaders, including many Muslims remember. I don't want to drat a whole country.

There are many countries with horrible leadership in the world, but people seem to be able to understand that say, not all North Koreans or Saudi Arabians love their government. With Israel, everything starts getting really weird really fast. If I was Jewish I'd feel that people who start frothing at the mouth about "Israel" and Israel only (when there are many terrible governments in the world) are probably not very far from getting pretty weird about Jews in general.

Friend, calling out the notoriously racist Israely government and it's military for the war crimes they have committed is not anti-semitic.

One can correctly identify the crimes the N. Korean government have committed against their people and this person would not be a racist just because they pointed something bad out.

You made a very poor argument, friend.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Looks like the chaos option of getting literally nothing done for the next 4 years is in, boys.

Hail Satan :twisted:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So at this point whose name hasn't been floated for either SoS or AG?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stereotype posted:

Cool.

Now would be a good time to send a bunch of tweets his way. See if you can get him to remember you and name you as one of his department heads!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

703 posted:

I have a feeling I'm just working myself up over the stuff being posted, but dammit it feels right.

She's a little over the top (particularly considering Trump has almost certainly fallen into white nationalism out of convenience rather than conviction) but people should absolutely not be caught off guard. Authoritarianism can move very quickly, and it's been said a couple times in this thread that we're one terrorist attack away from our own Reichstag Fire Decree.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Friend, calling out the notoriously racist Israely government and it's military for the war crimes they have committed is not anti-semitic.

One can correctly identify the crimes the N. Korean government have committed against their people and this person would not be a racist just because they pointed something bad out.

It's the typical arc of Smug White Liberal reading some headlines and trying to be an "ally" for his own sense of superiority without any idea as to what's actually going on.*

* - the other option is I'm getting supertrolled and my head careening towards my own rear end at an alarming rate

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

703 posted:

Sarah Kendzior is literally insane. Don't do this to yourself.

E- For those not familiar with her:

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/798860958034788353

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So at this point whose name hasn't been floated for either SoS or AG?

mine :smith:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

To go along with this, if you want a concrete example of terrible poo poo that the Israeli government never really got held to task for: The Israeli army has in the past handcuffed Palestinian children to the roof of military vehicles and literally used them as actual human shields.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I love that Rick Perry was one of the first established politicians to be pro-Trump and Trump still won't give him anything.

Oops.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Turns out people eventually figured out that he wasn't actually for these policies in any substantive way and they called Hillary's bluff when she tried to do the same thing

Edit:
Hillary calls bernies policies ridiculous and unrealistic, then almost loses the primary and magically adopts his entire platform. She took leftists for granted even though everyone on both sides knew it was bullshit.

Turns out tepid incrementalism doesn't pan out when the opposing party gets seized by yahoos and conspiracy theorists and the establishment is made to bend the knee

:abuela: "Yea no one likes tepid incrementalism but the fact that Hillary is a woman should be enough to drive out the voters"
:geno: *no one gets excited for hillary*

:abuela: "WHY ARENT YOU EXCITED YOU loving SEXIST BERNIE BROS AGHHHH" *hisses and dissapears*
:geno:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

If I was Jewish I'd feel that people who start frothing at the mouth about "Israel" and Israel only (when there are many terrible governments in the world) are probably not very far from getting pretty weird about Jews in general.

Hello. I am an actual Jew. You do not have the moral authority to define antisemitism. The vast majority of American Jews are reform, and have a much more nuanced view of Israel than you are demonstrating. Please have this discussion with your Jewish friends, and if you don't have any, please make some before forming an opinion on this issue.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hah loser, I'm presently the front runner for the department of agriculture.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

"Hello I was too lazy to read anything about the topic. Anyway, let me give you my opinion:"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Hello. I am an actual Jew. You do not have the moral authority to define antisemitism. The vast majority of American Jews are reform, and have a much more nuanced view of Israel than you are demonstrating. Please have this discussion with your Jewish friends, and if you don't have any, please make some before forming an opinion on this issue.

I am also an :siren:ACTUAL JEW:siren: while emptyquoting this

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DeathSandwich posted:

To go along with this, if you want a concrete example of terrible poo poo that the Israeli government never really got held to task for: The Israeli army has in the past handcuffed Palestinian children to the roof of military vehicles and literally used them as actual human shields.

You fuckin' nazi I can't believe you just called all jewish people war criminals

:rolleyes:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There are many countries with horrible leadership in the world, but people seem to be able to understand that say, not all North Koreans or Saudi Arabians love their government. With Israel, everything starts getting really weird really fast. If I was Jewish I'd feel that people who start frothing at the mouth about "Israel" and Israel only (when there are many terrible governments in the world) are probably not very far from getting pretty weird about Jews in general.

This is a pretty bad attempt to walk it back, guy. You weren't talking about "don't drat the people with the nation's name" in your earlier post, and this second post doesn't smokescreen for you like you hope it would.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I think the vast majority are secular and not affiliated with a certain sect.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

Sarah Kendzior is literally insane. Don't do this to yourself.

E- For those not familiar with her:

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/798860958034788353

It's one of those things where she's been right about some important things but hoo boy, she's really getting into this whole, "America is being turned into a fascist authoritarian state right under our noses, you all need to coordinate and fight this. I won't tell you any ideas for where to even start, though. Also ask yourself why Obama is capitulating so easily. No, I won't give you any hints, I already said too much!"

It's like every time she starts making sense and provides good evidence, she takes a sharp turn and dives into vague conspiracy doomsaying. I'm not even sure how wrong she is, but she's not being helpful even if she's right.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

(((Business Gorillas))) posted:

I am also an (((ACTUAL JEW))) while emptyquoting this

I think this is what you meant.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Potato Salad posted:

This is a pretty bad attempt to walk it back, guy. You weren't talking about "don't drat the people with the nation's name" in your earlier post, and this second post doesn't smokescreen for you like you hope it would.

I will actually be surprised if he comes back around and realizes hes wrong.

He's a living, breathing, example of liberal superiority complex.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I think the vast majority are secular and not affiliated with a certain sect.

That's what reform is, idiot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That's what reform is, idiot

Nope. Reform is a sect. There are "Reformed Temples."

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm half jewish so i can b critical of apartheid but if i say too much the real jews will disappear me, g-d bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Harrow posted:

It's one of those things where she's been right about some important things but hoo boy, she's really getting into this whole, "America is being turned into a fascist authoritarian state right under our noses, you all need to coordinate and fight this. I won't tell you any ideas for where to even start, though. Also ask yourself why Obama is capitulating so easily. No, I won't give you any hints, I already said too much!"

It's like every time she starts making sense and provides good evidence, she takes a sharp turn and dives into vague conspiracy doomsaying. I'm not even sure how wrong she is, but she's not being helpful even if she's right.

"In the meantime follow me on twitter for the latest updates"

• Locked thread