Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

inx posted:

lol I seem to remember a fully poo poo jamaica beating USA last time they played??

I seem to remember Jamaica isn't in the hex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Looking forward to Klinsmann's press conference where he explains that he has never done anything wrong, and actually, the USA would have won 12-0 if Michael Bradley had tried harder

Also he's never wrong and people who think otherwise don't know anything about soccer

Jurgen is a loving scam artist

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

USA are taking all kinds of Ls lately

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah if this doesn't get Klinsmann fired then people need to start framing him for murders, because yeeeesh.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Seltzer posted:

I seem to remember Jamaica isn't in the hex?

don't let jamaican disappointment distract you from the fact that your boys are being humbled

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Like, Dunga is a veritable scam artist, but he'd be an improvement.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

FartingBedpost posted:

Like, Dunga is a veritable scam artist, but he'd be an improvement.

I hear Sigi Schmid is looking for work

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

There's no improving this poo poo. I'm not even sure why we bother fielding a squad.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Big Sam, too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Benne posted:

He's twice the man Jurgen is. literally

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

There are 320 million people in this country. Why are we stuck with Jozy?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Who is available and could take the job now? What a beat down.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

will the Boys in Blue get into the World Cup?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gigi Galli posted:

Who is available and could take the job now? What a beat down.

https://twitter.com/marshmau5/status/798735112871493632

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

trump should start with the haitians imo. Jozy has got to go

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Cuatro a Cero

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Velvet Elvis posted:

There are 320 million people in this country. Why are we stuck with Jozy?

lol just lol if you watched that match and thought Jozy was the biggest problem

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol but also big Frank De Boer is available now that I think about it.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/798736807043207168

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol but also big Frank De Boer is available now that I think about it.

And maybe Bob Bradley will be free soon? Hahahah...ahhh...:smith:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Have your loving CUATRO A CERO back in a match that matters much more motherfuckers.

Feels good man.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

"When you lose 4-0, there are issues."

- legendary manager Jurgen Klinnsmann

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lol holy poo poo

:911:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

UNO

https://twitter.com/Golesticos2/status/798725766867546112

DOS TRES CUATROOOOO

https://twitter.com/Golesticos2/status/798742753236701185

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 16, 2016

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
nice meltdowns

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The reason the US is losing is because everyone is demoralized Trump won, besides Geoff Cameron who isn't even with the team.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
USMNT is bad

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
learn from our mistakes in the last HEX, fire the manager before the shame of getting into the world cup with help of your biggest rival in CONCACAF.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sad!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So...are they really going to keep Klinsmann? Figured he'd be fired by the morning.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lol Rooney got poo poo faced and ended up on a load of "newspapers"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Has Klinsmann been fired yet

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Agreed, but your lot lost to Qatar.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I watched the goals and highlights and it confirms what I saw live, that Brooks dude was insanely awful. I thought he was just some MLS clown but he plays in the Bundesliga lol.

Pulisic and Wood are really good, but the USMNT really needs a manager who knows how to organize a defense. Macho Ramirez is really good at that because despite us having cool guys Waston and Matarrita starting we also had the corpse of Michael Umaņa and actual alcoholic Jose Salvatierra out there and they didnt do badly at all.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Simone Poodoin posted:

I watched the goals and highlights and it confirms what I saw live, that Brooks dude was insanely awful. I thought he was just some MLS clown but he plays in the Bundesliga lol.

Pulisic and Wood are really good, but the USMNT really needs a manager who knows how to organize a defense. Macho Ramirez is really good at that because despite us having cool guys Waston and Matarrita starting we also had the corpse of Michael Umaņa and actual alcoholic Jose Salvatierra out there and they didnt do badly at all.

Brooks is actually really good and usually good for the national team. I know I was over-exaggerating about the pitch but there were like four to five times where he slipped or got a cleat caught on that lovely grass. It was an off game for him, I'm being serious when I say I'd take him over any center back on your roster, that was just a really bad display. Playing next to Gonzalez and Besler absolutely did not help. The defense set up was just a failure from the start and Jurgen always trots out horrible defenses. Gonzalez is bad, Besler is not a left back. Cameron was out and Brooks is left footed as is Besler and Jurgen has a huge issue with starting two same footed center backs even when the situation calls for it. Yedlin is a much better player than Chandler for the national team and is actually having a good season too but Chandler got in again because he's one of Jurgen's favorites. Jurgen should've absolutely gotten canned after the gold cup but US soccer and Sunil Gulati have a hard on for Klinsmann. They like his recruitment of players and vision for youth development but I don't know why he can't just be kept on in an advisory role when it's obvious he can't coach. He was found out in Germany and ex-players there have said near identical things about his failings there to what's happening here. Along with US Soccer there is a very vocal contingent of dumb US soccer fans who think klinsmann is unimpeachable just because he's foreign and has a more impressive pedigree than other coaches we've had. Experiments like playing Bedoya as a defensive mid and playing a three at the back in our first game in the hex vs Mexico is seen as high level tactics as opposed to clear idiocy.

There are a lot of the problems with the team at the moment, the good thing is that most of them are solvable, the bad thing is it's going to require some serious change.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Agreed, but your lot lost to Qatar.

That's because Russian NT is bad

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Seltzer posted:

that lovely grass

It rained in the afternoon and they turned on the sprinklers a bit before the game started, a fast pitch for quick play was part of the plan. Maybe Jurgen should have told his boys to wear the appropriate cleats or something.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

There are a lot of the problems with the team at the moment, the good thing is that most of them are solvable, the bad thing is it's going to require some serious change.

Drain the swamp

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Simone Poodoin posted:

Seltzer said it as well, but every goal it was a turnover by either Jones or Bradley, leading to at least two of that back 4 being out of position because Chandler is terrible, Gonzalez thinks he's fast, and Besler is a center back playing left back. Brooks saved three shots that I know Guzan wouldn't have if it made it past. He played bad, but that back four and embarrassing midfield didn't give him any help.

I'll take Brooks all day, but leave the others out next time. Except maybe Besler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Niwrad posted:

So...are they really going to keep Klinsmann? Figured he'd be fired by the morning.

there's not another qualifier until march so there's no reason to rush it

• Locked thread