Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MaxxBot posted:

That is a good point, it would be reasonable to worry about AIDS policy as it can easily turn into a raging epidemic again if the wrong policy decisions are made.

exactly

i mean as much as i would like trump to be impeached or something because he is seriously unqualified to be president and no matter what it's goin to suck unless you're a white male for the next 4 years, pence would be a loving nightmare if you're not a christian white male

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

I thought Idiocracy was supposed to be fiction :shepicide:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gringostar posted:

exactly

i mean as much as i would like trump to be impeached or something because he is seriously unqualified to be president and no matter what it's goin to suck unless you're a white male for the next 4 years, pence would be a loving nightmare if you're not a christian white male

It's really depressing to think how many people's careers would have to end decisively and in short order for the next four years to not be a nightmare

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i think about the aristrocrats joke everytime i see thread title and now i'm thinking it was on purpose

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Scent of Worf posted:

The thing is, was there any difference by that point between the two?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

i think about the aristrocrats joke everytime i see thread title and now i'm thinking it was on purpose

That's because it is!!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

It's really depressing to think how many people's careers would have to end decisively and in short order for the next four years to not be a nightmare

yeah

something like a designated survivor event would have to happen

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Fiction posted:

That's because it is!!

orreilly was right, gotta stick with your gut

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Fulcrum plz go back to posting about Xbox ram or w/e

the democrats have the wrong kind of politicians

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

Fulcrum plz go back to posting about Xbox ram or w/e

i heard its hosed up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Scent of Worf posted:

I've seen "fake news" thrown around a lot recently but like Zuckerberg says, is it merely factually wrong or just opinions people don't want to hear so they call it fake?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen "fake news" thrown around a lot recently but like Zuckerberg says, is it merely factually wrong or just opinions people don't want to hear so they call it fake?

factually wrong

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is the speech gonna be on TV news too bc I want to put it up on a bigger screen

It probably is right?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Bernie gonna reveal he was on the shadow board for Walmart.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Samurai Sanders posted:

One example was that the pope endorsed donald.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
It's literally made up bullshit

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

logikv9 posted:

factually wrong
My faith in people's ability to recognize factual wrongness as opposed to opinions they don't like has been severely hurt by this election, that's all.

Edit: Zuckerberg is indeed a piece of poo poo and every day that Facebook doesn't take their proper responsibility as a news distributor is a day that is creating the next Donald Trump, but I did agree with him that it can't be left to users to mark news as fake or not.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Nov 17, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mark zuckerberg was a lying shitbag about all that.

Samurai Sanders posted:

My faith in people's ability to recognize factual wrongness as opposed to opinions they don't like has been severely hurt by this election, that's all.

it's mostly right wing stuff.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im going to fire fuckerberg out of a cannon

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Samurai Sanders posted:

News outlets around the world are reporting on the news that Pope Francis has made the unprecedented decision to endorse a US presidential candidate. His statement in support of Donald Trump was released from the Vatican this evening:

“I have been hesitant to offer any kind of support for either candidate in the US presidential election but I now feel that to not voice my concern would be a dereliction of my duty as the Holy See.

WTOE 5 News is a fantasy news website.  Most articles on wtoe5news.com are satire or pure fantasy.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

http://www.snopes.com/pope-francis-donald-trump-endorsement/ was the most shared story leading up to the election if people are curious

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm just bewildered that anyone would think the pope - especially THIS pope - would endorse trump.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm just bewildered that anyone would think the pope - especially THIS pope - would endorse trump.

People believe what they want to believe. There's good money in telling people what they want to hear.

We're hosed.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Groovelord Neato posted:

people are dumb.

see: trump, donald j. 45th president of the united states

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Bernie is the Pope and he most certainly did not endorse Trump.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I dunno I fell hard for that fake news story about Trump making sheriff Joe his running mate before he'd clinched the nomination.

It's hard to tell sometimes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Fake news is bad but large corporations declaring themselves gatekeepers of what is legitimate is worse. That's my meltdown.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Before Bernie speaks let's think about all the good things that will happen now that Trump has won:

1. We'll never have to hear Fight Song any more.
2. Nobody can ever do the whip or the nae nae.

... uh help me out here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when does bernie speak tonight

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

eonwe posted:

1 minute

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

eonwe posted:

Like a minute or so

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is the website not loading for anyone else because it's not loading for me and I'm super anxious about not seeing this for some reason :ohdear:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol the drat website is down

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think it got flooded

e: https://www.facebook.com/PoliticalRevolution/videos/1307987389253474/

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

Is the website not loading for anyone else because it's not loading for me and I'm super anxious about not seeing this for some reason :ohdear:

Wont load for me either. Maybe Trump already has control :tinfoil:

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

loquacius posted:

https://www.facebook.com/PoliticalRevolution/videos/vb.1194419550610259/1307987389253474/?type=3&theater

use this

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'll can't get the site to work on my phone but it seems this YouTube link is streaming it https://youtu.be/0YCmYY3Fa9Q

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's on. Also the camera is terrible.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Sigh, the stream is so poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Link posters are cool and good.

My mom tried to buy Bernie's book today, but they were sold out.

edit: Got mine yesterday, happy to fund his retirement palace.

Powercrazy posted:

It's on. Also the camera is terrible.

Good to know nothing's changed.

• Locked thread