Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Hey Mukip, a tourney rules question: does the one RoR you can bring count towards your Core unit quota if it's based on a Core unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Affi posted:

Anyone else just straight disappointed in Grimgors tech tree? He's the best but basically no quests or unique skills.

A modding hero should redo the basic dudes. But when will one arise?????

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Archonex posted:

Is there a mod that removes the diplomatic malus for hard and sets it to the normal difficulty malus?

I like the AI having more resources to make cool armies and defenses but the diplomatic penalty is just stupid. It basically means that it's impossible to play the diplomacy game with some factions.

Hmm I was surprised to find no mods on the workshop for this, so I started poking around for some possible alternatives.

For some help with diplomacy I would put the campaign difficulty on hard and go with:

No Aversion will get rid of the race vs race penalties
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707537439

Tier 4 Minor Settlements will greatly open up the AI's choices to build cool armies
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700071210

AI buildings and army composition a companion mod made to work with Tier 4 Minor Settlements
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761596200

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Theres also
No Great Power
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691792448&searchtext=great+power

This removes the "great power" diplomatic penalty entirely from your games.

or if thats too much for you,
Low Great Power Modifier
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694032700&searchtext=great+power

And this reduces the great power penalty by 75%.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

brocretin posted:

Hey Mukip, a tourney rules question: does the one RoR you can bring count towards your Core unit quota if it's based on a Core unit?

Yes it does. Also I'm going to kick it off now so you can start playing. The player list and rules are here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779330&pagenumber=270&perpage=40#post466240704

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they're gonna show wood elves today

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/photos/a.125554144186461.25910.113800552028487/1236075563134308/?type=3&theater

' We'll have another post today, too - so don't leaf us alone just yet...'

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
I hope they get that VA for kerillian to complain about everything smelling of ignorance

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Yeah she's wonderful, there is something just so right about wood elves being angry supercilious scots.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

twitter teaser!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I wish they d just post the text, those letter pictures are hard to read.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
About loving time.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Does this mean that the mini-Campaign will be Wood Elves v. Brets rather than Elves v. Beastmen as was previously thought?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Whorelord posted:

Does this mean that the mini-Campaign will be Wood Elves v. Brets rather than Elves v. Beastmen as was previously thought?

Nah, it was always wood elves vs brets which is why people thought they'd drop at roughly the same time.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ravenfood posted:

Nah, it was always wood elves vs brets which is why people thought they'd drop at roughly the same time.

bugger, i wanted to fight this guy

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

This game is so much more interesting than any of the previous entries I'm not sure how they can ever go back now. That's not even a knock against their previous games, it's just they did such a fantastic job with the Warhammer license. Also they have enough content to keep this going for years.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ravenfood posted:

I'm sure beastmen will be there, but it would probably be very difficult to structure a minicampaign around fighting a horde faction.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I wish they d just post the text, those letter pictures are hard to read.

I guess someone skipped their paleography lessons :smug:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I dont know posted:

I'm sure beastmen will be there, but it would probably be very difficult to structure a minicampaign around fighting a horde faction.

a defensive one similar to WRE/Mongol invasion Shogun campaign would be possible. Basically have one settlement that can't fall r you'll lose vs a number of high tier horde stacks

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

ChickenWing posted:

twitter teaser!

They went out of their way to namecheck Knights Errant, so hopefully we'll get some interim roster updates for Bretonnia.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

brocretin posted:

They went out of their way to namecheck Knights Errant, so hopefully we'll get some interim roster updates for Bretonnia.

It has been known for a while that the Bret roster is getting fleshed out as part of their FLC. Questing Knights, Knights Errant, more LLs. I doubt foot knights will make it in though.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

brocretin posted:

Yeah I'm guessing this is inteded as a spoiler for the Bret FLC in Feb.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

The closed beta ended like 5 months ago and there's only been very sparse news updates since. Yesterday they announced that the World of Tanks folks would be publishing it so I expect more news soon.
So the game hasn't actually been available for play the last several months? :psyduck: It'll basically be dead just from not existing for so long even if they re-launch it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Megasabin posted:

This game is so much more interesting than any of the previous entries I'm not sure how they can ever go back now. That's not even a knock against their previous games, it's just they did such a fantastic job with the Warhammer license. Also they have enough content to keep this going for years.

Disagree.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope they remove men-at-arms insane charge defense against all.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Yeah thats gonna have to go I imagine.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nanomashoes posted:

Agreed, or at least give Charge Defense against All to Empire Halberdiers. A Men-at-Arms' only job is taking long enough to die for the Knights to win the day. Hopefully we do get barricades for the Peasant Archers though.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
How soon after they've been putting out these letter teases have they done the reveal? I want to know when the wood elves are coming before doing any tournament matches.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Greenskin rebels resettled and became resurgent after I had confederated the faction proper.

Not pictured: this tiny grot has Grimgor's voice and it's great.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Trujillo posted:

How soon after they've been putting out these letter teases have they done the reveal? I want to know when the wood elves are coming before doing any tournament matches.

iirc, it's been the day before, so we'll probably get an announcement tomorrow and a release next week.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Announcement tomorrow.
Trailer next week.
More info the following week.
Live streams and a thursday release the week after.

That's my guess. 3-4 weeks out.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Trujillo posted:

Usually its been picture-> a week goes by -> reveal of stuff -> a week goes by -> new stuff comes.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Gejnor posted:

Usually its been picture-> a week goes by -> reveal of stuff -> a week goes by -> new stuff comes.

It's actually always been a Trailer one or two days after the letter, and the game goes up on Steam the day we get the trailer. So big news tomorrow basically.

So far the release is one or two weeks after the announcement/trailer, so we'll probably get it around Dec 1st.

quote:

The datamine for the Wood Elf Minicampaign had iirc, Wood Elves, Brets, Beastmen (Morghur) and Greenskins plus a bunch of independent WE factions, so who even knows what it ended up being in the end.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is the map even big enough to hold all these mens?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I am going to put all my woodelf units on skirmish

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Deified Data posted:

Is the map even big enough to hold all these mens?

The map desperately needs an expansion. Settlements are far too close together

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Why?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's the lore explanation for not being able to go from tilea to estalia by foot anyways?

kinda annoying how you have to make a gigantic sea trip to destroy those snotting dudes who declare war on you and peace out when their invading armies get killed off because they think you'll never do a counter amphibious invasion on their peninsula.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Mans posted:

what's the lore explanation for not being able to go from tilea to estalia by foot anyways?

That swamp is the Skavenblight; not a good place to march an army through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Any word on how the Wood Elves are going to work in the campaign?

• Locked thread