Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

got big laughs with Trump's china climate change hoax thing

anime was right posted:

this is like his stump speech but modified for a post-trump ameirca yeah

I'm hoping he'll get to the point later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Bernie is calling for the immediate restoration of the bernget emoticon on the somethingawful.com forums

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie status: :bernin:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

omg a bird just landed on the loving podium

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Reading with Maple Grandpa.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Bernie has thrown off his suit, which thumps heavily to the auditorium stage, audience has fallen silent

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

While Hillary cries and hides out, Bernie continues to spit fire at the billionaire class.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I gave up on the stream, has he advocated eating the rich or freeing Matey yet?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

loquacius posted:

got big laughs with Trump's china climate change hoax thing

I'm hoping he'll get to the point later

nope.

ahh well.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Thoguh posted:

I gave up on the stream, has he advocated eating the rich or freeing Matey yet?

he in fact ate one of the koch brothers on stage

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

While Hillary cries and hides out, Bernie continues to spit fire at the billionaire class.

I thought you all wanted Hillary to go away forever :confused:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
etr

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

anime was right posted:

nope.

ahh well.

I think... there is a question and answer segment that we aren't seeing. I'm assuming because of the two chairs on stage.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Hell yeah an election that I can have an actual voice in

:same:

Also glad to see that Bernie is now free to say that Hillary Clinton was bad at campaigning.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

he in fact ate one of the koch brothers on stage

I assume he shared his plate with the audience.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Youtube stream died, Facebook stream still going

e: never mind, it just started seventeen minutes in the past, I was like "this sounds familiar" lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
A second bird has hit the podium

I repeat-

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

I thought you all wanted Hillary to go away forever :confused:

we do but its telling that after the election she just evaporated

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
laffo at the pundit who said this would be different

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bernie wins position of chief of the senate democrat outreach committee:
http://time.com/4573592/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-democrats/

Bernie lecture tour at John Hopkins was at overflow capacity:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/blog/bs-md-ci-hopkins-bernie-20161115-story.html

Marie Furie
Nov 11, 2016

Segmentation Fault posted:

we do but its telling that after the election she just evaporated

she's speaking at the children's defense fund in about an hour

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

omg a bird just landed on the loving podium

Bad auspices

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/799045806078705665

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/799045999385870336

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/799046181569646592

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/799046742238957568

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Marie Furie posted:

she's speaking at the children's defense fund in about an hour

I may not be a DISABLED CHILD, but Donald Trump sure MOCKED ME

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So I told my mom to get back involved with county and state stuff and she gave me a look :sigh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

One thing the democrats need to do now, and it's not involving policy:

GET UP A GOTV OPERATION THAT ISN'T JUST PRESIDENTIAL YEARS.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

One thing the democrats need to do now, and it's not involving policy:

GET UP A GOTV OPERATION THAT ISN'T JUST PRESIDENTIAL YEARS.

Isn't that Ellison's job if he takes the chair?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TRAITOR!!!!!!

No, this is the smart stance for the Dems to be taking: saying, "We're in favor of the economic populist stuff; not the other, crazy right-wing fuckhead stuff."

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Okay I went to the local meeting and started getting involved. It wasn't quite as bad as USPol but, there was definite bernie-hillary antagonism going on. I found out that we basically don't have anyone for local positions coming up in 2017 but, they also weren't thrilled to hear from people who were interested in campaigning for local positions. I get it in my case its the first time they had met me and probably didn't know what to think. However we have a guy that ran for a state level position and did the campaigning themselves, without much support from the local committee, who got the same cold treatment. I'll give it some more time but, if this is what its going to be its time for a new party. There's no way to win if people can't work together in this environment.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Okay I went to the local meeting and started getting involved. It wasn't quite as bad as USPol but, there was definite bernie-hillary antagonism going on. I found out that we basically don't have anyone for local positions coming up in 2017 but, they also weren't thrilled to hear from people who were interested in campaigning for local positions. I get it in my case its the first time they had met me and probably didn't know what to think. However we have a guy that ran for a state level position and did the campaigning themselves, without much support from the local committee, who got the same cold treatment. I'll give it some more time but, if this is what its going to be its time for a new party. There's no way to win if people can't work together in this environment.

You should form a coalition with the other guy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I entered this thread and am p sure I groundhog dayed.

Bernie Stumpin like it's 2015. :bernin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Azuth0667 posted:

The problem is, the DemE feels that it didn't have to worry about primary threats from the left before. After all, the one person who was really facing one was DWS and she won easily this year.

Now the DemB is riled up and it wants blood, so a lot of it is trying to save their jobs.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
drat remember when those bernie fans set that homeless guy on fire?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
shoutout to the california democrats for having the most unintentionally hilarious slogan on the front page of their website:

"We Are California"

yeah no poo poo, the dems here control every statewide office and have a supermajority in the assembly and are 1 seat short of a supermajority in the state senate.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what kind of cuck makes a comick about being scared of violent bernie supporters lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Who is this man, with the glasses

Moistening his lips?

Could it be?

Bruce Rappaport! :monocle:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Segmentation Fault posted:

what the gently caress is this neoliberal nonsense

Yeah, Merkel loves austerity and said that gay marriage and loosening of drug laws would never happen under her watch. She may be competent but she has a lot of awful policy views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

You should form a coalition with the other guy.

iospace posted:

The problem is, the DemE feels that it didn't have to worry about primary threats from the left before. After all, the one person who was really facing one was DWS and she won easily this year.

Now the DemB is riled up and it wants blood, so a lot of it is trying to save their jobs.

If you guys or anyone else has good resources on how to campaign well, I'm all ears. I'm staring at finishing my defense with little to nothing to hear from employers I had been courting for the last 6 months so I might as well throw everything I have at it.

• Locked thread