Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Astro7x posted:

And no luck on NES Clasics at Walmart.com today once again...

Jesus christ, how loving stupid is this company to not make enough of them?

I actually managed to get one. Went through the process - ALMOST got to finish the checkout and got the "Sorry it's sold out" message. I sat there for like 10 seconds and said "gently caress it I bet some orders get rejected" so I hit the "view cart" part of the "sold out" on screen message, which took me right back to the last step I was in and when I tried the second time it went through! So, don't give up tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Confession: I got a NES Mini on day 1 and haven't played it once yet.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Reiley posted:

This one is hosed-up looking for some reason

wow is that the kind of wario mouth they let you shoot off down at hq

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Hedrigall posted:

Well me too but that's cause it's a Christmas present.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Astro7x posted:

Meh. hard to judge demand for a nostalgia piece of hardware like that. People say they wan't one and then just never get it.

And on Hardware that takes time to manufacture, and requires storage, it's always smart to be conservative on production.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hedrigall posted:

couldnt you just sell it and retire

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amazon will give you $50 for it in trade-in.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's 'cause I got a PS4 the same day ok. I will play it eventually.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

oddium posted:

I'm off the clock right now. We're allowed to let our hair down every now and then.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

oddium posted:

Speaking of Wario, Wario Land: Shake It is coming to Wii U VC tomorrow. $20 for one of the sleeper hits of last generation

It's awesome, everyone buy it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Hedrigall posted:

It's 'cause I got a PS4 the same day ok. I will play it eventually.

I've heard it rocks to plug that poo poo into PSVR actually.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Astro7x posted:

it's more fun this way

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
That Splatoon rumor sounds like Splatoon: Switch Version, as opposed to Splatoon 2.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

coffeecup posted:

That Splatoon rumor sounds like Splatoon: Switch Version, as opposed to Splatoon 2.

It's actually going to just be called "Splatoon" and they will either pretend it's brand new, never released or rename the Wii U one to "Splatoon: Special Switch Preview Edition"

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

No one who actually still plays smash or splatoon wants or expects the switch ports to be named as sequels

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

coffeecup posted:

Which is what pretty much everyone expected

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Or Mario Maker.

But please look forward to disappointed people surprised at the enhanced ports of MK8 and New Leaf

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Oops, didn't know a port version was already the existing rumor

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the splatoon footage they showed was obvs not splatoon 2 because nothing was underwater

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

the splatoon footage they showed was obvs not splatoon 2 because nothing was underwater

Nothing except my mortgage after investing in Nintendo!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thinking about it now I recall hearing "Zelda is totally delayed you guys" a couple months ago and Nintendo straight up going "no, it's not."

Wonder if it'll wind up being the same situation.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

BOTW is only coming out on New Nintendo Switch XL sorry

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oddium posted:

you die though

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Speaking of Wario, Wario Land: Shake It is coming to Wii U VC tomorrow. $20 for one of the sleeper hits of last generation

It's awesome, everyone buy it

quoted for truth, one of the best-looking wii games too and a heaps idiosyncratic little platformer

Spellman
May 31, 2011

bae you gotta do something about that BOTW you got going on there

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

trump isn't gonna be able to get a switch on launch day and he'll pull support from japan cause of it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'm more looking foward to the New Switch coming in 2019.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

TheScott2K posted:

I'm more looking foward to the New Switch coming in 2019.

The new switch will offer support for N64 Gamecube games to be downloaded via Virtual Console. PSO Episodes 1 and 2 will be Japan only for some reason, but we will get episode 3.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tnega posted:

The new switch will offer support for N64 Gamecube games to be downloaded via Virtual Console. PSO Episodes 1 and 2 will be Japan only for some reason, but we will get episode 3.

The only N64 game worth playing that isn't mired in either licensing or dev ownership hell is Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 should be on the Switch, though, along with every other platform because it's wonderful.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Much less stupid than the people who buy a Mini Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zolthorg posted:

Or Mario Maker.

But please look forward to disappointed people surprised at the enhanced ports of MK8 and New Leaf

No way is that gonna happen with New Leaf. That's a 3DS game. The big New Leaf patch was to tide people over as they make all new HD assets for Animal Crossing Switch.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

No way is that gonna happen with New Leaf. That's a 3DS game. The big New Leaf patch was to tide people over as they make all new HD assets for Animal Crossing Switch.

There have been 3 HD releases containing animal crossing assets. I'm pretty sure they clicked abort on a Wii U release due to poor sales and released Amiibo Festival instead.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

make all new HD assets

Nintendo, making new assets. I think you need to brace for disappointment.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

TheScott2K posted:

The only N64 game worth playing that isn't mired in either licensing or dev ownership hell is Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 should be on the Switch, though, along with every other platform because it's wonderful.

I didn't know there were ownership issues over Mischief Makers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zolthorg posted:

No one who actually still plays smash or splatoon wants or expects the switch ports to be named as sequels

I play both. A lot. This is true.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

the assets in newleaf are already the same downsampled hd assets as ac plaza and amiibo sadness festival

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I just want the GameCube classic rouge squadron on my switch please. Also, should I hold off buying Metroid Prime trilogy and super Mario galaxy on my Wii U :(? I haven't played either but will finally have time to play some games for thanksgiving weekend (okay I'll also have Pokémon sun...)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i heard they were making a new animal crossing on mobile with whole new assets

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Do you think they'll bring Overwatch over to the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Do you think they'll bring Overwatch over to the Switch

I think they wont need to with Splatoon already there.

• Locked thread