Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Baller Time posted:

You do them over and over again until you get lucky with the target types/npc behavior.

So far that seems to be working, Got SS on everything but parry, That one is going to be another 2+hour run trying to not get ownzoned.

E: For the life of me i cant block worth a poo poo, Even trying what was suggested i cant get any higher than 300-400 because im a dumpy shitter

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Uh cheval-de-frise owns.

compared to gas bomb which does the equivalent of a few hits of damage to everyone in a huge area and blocks vision? nope

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The damage part of gas bombs kinda sucks but the vision thing owns. Sadly a lot of people don't use the gas bomb for flanking or loving up formations.

HP for troops are what, 80-160 based on type?

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Applied to goon as TwatHammer

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so is this game actually good?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is mount and blade command mode in china. If you like that you will be fine.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Quite an obvious alpha/beta though so rough around the edges.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
its fun and its free

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how theh ell are you supposed to beat the level 5 combat training versus four arches and a horse archer?

I can beat the crap how of the foot soldiers because the horse archer just spins circles around me shooting me in the face.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Mans posted:

how theh ell are you supposed to beat the level 5 combat training versus four arches and a horse archer?

I can beat the crap how of the foot soldiers because the horse archer just spins circles around me shooting me in the face.

I did it by also being a horse archer. Later on they throw like 10 horseman and an adjutant at you though. That's where I died last time I tried.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh so you're not supposed to go through the entire 10 levels with your starting dude from the get-go?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I don't think so. You'll have a hard time with starting gear. Wait until you have an infantry troop at 3rd or 4th tier so you can equip their weapons and armor. Getting the first tier of archer just for the bow could help too.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
Just applied to the EU Legion as pretty much the same name as my account. Also, I am pretty much amazed at how much fun this game is!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Mans posted:

oh so you're not supposed to go through the entire 10 levels with your starting dude from the get-go?

You can hide behind cover and force them into close range and beat them to death with the starting stick. Just have to use the terrain to your advantage.

Dakammer
Apr 24, 2004
- Forum Bass Wizard -
Is there a secret to being a not-garbage archer troop haver? Telling them to hold position to blast away doesn't seem like they actually manage to kill a whole hell of a lot, so should I be using their volley ability all the time and personally directing their shooting?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The secret to archers is get to tier 5.

Quick and easy reason why.

This doesn't count for damage reduction.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

Developer Notes 11.11
Dear players,
The Singles’ Day has arrived (an entertaining festival widespread among young Chinese people, to celebrate the fact that they are proud of being single) and Tiger Knight: Empire War has updated from 0.0.56 to 0.0.57 with new game mode, map, Singles’ Day activity and soldiers.
Inevitably some problems happened after this update, and we are going to explain some of them in this developer notes.

1.Last Week’s Vote Result of New Force
Barbarians: 40%
Japan:30%
Parthian: 11%
Goguryeo: 5%
Thank you for your support! As you can see, the Barbarians is our next plan. As for Japan, we also saw your discussion in the community. We will consider combining Japanese elements with the background of Tiger Knight: Empire War and offer you more surprises.
And about the latest news on Roman Legion, here is a little information.

2.TOP 5 Videos’ Winners
5:弓兵必须死 by Ninjoker NA Server
4:绝境1V4逆转 by 右手不可辜负, Asia Server
3:扬州绞肉机 by EXEOburec, EU Server
2:顶级轻骑的骚扰战术,2V4逆转 by IK丶Scholar, Asia Server
1:1V5,单骑逆转 by WukongXun, NA Server
Thank you for joining in. The winners are selected by the developers. Time is limited, please forgive us.
We believe there are more excellent battle videos in our game and we are passing the selection right to players. Stay tuned for our next activity.
The videos are still uploading to YouTube, please wait in patience.

3.Migration of NA Server
First of all, we need to explain that we moved the NA server for the only reason that the original server could not satisfy the demand of our game. It is inevitable that some players’ ping value is different from before. But we are working on this issue.

4.Information Needed for Submitting Feedbacks
We have received many questions asked by our players. Yet we fail to locate the questions or analyze them as the players’ information is incomplete. So we hope all players submitting bugs or questions to at least provide the following information:
Server:
Character name:
Time when it happened:
IP address: (only necessary when the server lags if you’d love to offer)
This will help us quickly analyze and solve the problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

5.Solution to Launch the Game or Battle
We found that these problems are common in some way, so we suggest you to:
A. Check the computer configuration to see if it fits the demand of the game, whether the network connection is normal.
B. Redownload five soft wares. Please go to the installation folder of Steam and find them in steam/steamapps/common/TigerKnight_EW/ _CommonRedist to reinstall. That will basically solve most of the case.
If the client crashes in game, sometimes change the display card from D11 to D9 may solve the problem.

6.Game Balance
We are thinking about increasing the gains the tank generates by absorbing damages, to ensure its gains is no less than other units. The collision ability of horse will be added properly in the later version. But for the time being, the horse and infantry are relatively balanced, so it will not be a drastic change.
Now there is a bug when exchanging for prestige, some may exchange their unit’s EXP as well. So before exchanging unit’s EXP with gold coins, please check whether it contains the EXP of the units you want to upgrade. And we will also fix this bug as quickly as we can.

7.In PVE, the gate won’t shut when the flag is placed there
This bug has been fixed in the update on Nov 8th.

8.The Fairness Among Teams
If a low tier troop is matched into a high level battle field, it will automatically increase the number of low level player’s soldiers at the base. The lower your level is, the more it will add.

9.The troop disobeys orders.
1: Gate 2 and ladder cart may cause soldiers to jam in Mount Dingjun. You can press F1 to make soldiers run.
Currently this happens at U shape landform, and you can always solve it with the above approach.
2: If the soldiers’ morale collapses, they will disperse. The sign of an eagle will appear above their heads and players cannot command them.

10. The weapons fail to exert damage.
Few players have faced such problems and we are still finding out the reason behind them. We hope you can provide us with videos about them.
The directory of the video is:
X:\Steam\steamapps\common\TigerKnight_EW\KingdomGame\ScreenShots\SavedVideo
You can find the video by time and send it to linzhentian@gmail.com.

Sorry again for all the inconveniences!

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 12, 2016

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Dakammer posted:

Is there a secret to being a not-garbage archer troop haver? Telling them to hold position to blast away doesn't seem like they actually manage to kill a whole hell of a lot, so should I be using their volley ability all the time and personally directing their shooting?

In response to the archer question, they need range and height and good protection. Skirmishing can work too.

I always play as a spearman with pike troops and archers really suck for me. But if I close the distance they are as good as dead. They just plink away at me and then suddenly all my guys are dead. Not sure if that helps with your question at all.

Also, can someone explain combos. I still have no idea how to chain moves and I'm Tier 5 level 21 General.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Height isn't always a good solution since you are firing at an arc and the higher up you are then the less potential targets per arrow you got.

If you fire from a lower arc, you might have 3 or 5 potential troops that arrow can hit. And if the first 1 or 2 are allies, shoot farther back instead of at the feet of your target.

a lovely example here

A slight elevation is normally the best but flat ground is just fine.

Quite often there are maps where you are just fine on flat ground and the high ground that would be great is so loving far away and produces poo poo angles that isn't worth it.

Yun-Meng Lake, the one with the fort in the center, SE, and NW, has two amazing starting points for each of the starting forts that is the same elevation as the center fort. You can easily stay at spawn and destroy the middle. But if you go for one of the SE/NW forts for the high treb spot or the easier to get to mid elevation spot, you spend so much time getting there that you don't really gain much and may not have as nice of a shot.

On the Chi Bi Red Cliff boat map, right at spawn on the center path is the best place I can find. The southern path is elevated but sucks, the center has elevated points but you won't get there in time. But that starting area? You are shooting straight down the center path and at the NW and SE flags. Flat trajectory, it is good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gently caress I didn't even see your combo question.

When your weapon is pointing directly away from you, click again. The tutorial video says continuously click but that seems to gently caress mine up.

Your second attack is the same as the first but faster. You can change directions with it.

Your third attack is normally a special move that hits twice. At least mine are but I don't use anything other than halberds and swords.

There is also a way to do a triple shot with bows but I don't use them enough to know.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want to be vercingetorix and i really like this stupid badly translated game

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i logged in today for the second day in a row and the game let me get a six day streak reward? :iiam:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I just unlocked wei cavalry, so how do I use them? I've just been kind of cycle charging them into the melee, or isolated archers if I have the opportunity, but I wasn't sure if there's anything I'm missing. They seem waaaaay more effective on some maps than others.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I just unlocked wei cavalry, so how do I use them? I've just been kind of cycle charging them into the melee, or isolated archers if I have the opportunity, but I wasn't sure if there's anything I'm missing. They seem waaaaay more effective on some maps than others.

You've basically got the gist of it, from what I've experienced so far. Keep away from pikes. Once you've waded into the melee it's good to activate their Multi-chop ability instead of coming back around for another charge, the Wei cav are ridiculously resilient against things that aren't wielding pikes.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey everybody how do I get the 10v10 pvp games yes thanks

also is there a way I can just play siege? Siege is fantastic for xp

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Mans posted:

i logged in today for the second day in a row and the game let me get a six day streak reward? :iiam:

Think each month you get 4 free login available. In case you miss a day. Or that's what I understood from the Engrish!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I'm out until they fix the servers. Game has been unplayable for my crew since they patched it. Literally unplayable.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've been trying to pay attention to where I'm hit when I die, and I'm noticing that the uppermost chest slot gets hit significantly more than anywhere else. Has anyone else noticed that? I wouldn't have expected that because there are so many other slots around it to soak the hit instead. Maybe it's something weird with the hitboxes. Regardless, I'm thinking that choosing one of the arm armors that also covers that slot is probably a good decision.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For wei heavy cav.

Charge is your bread and butter and they charge in the direction you face. You can have them charge through an enemy, then you look the other way, and have them charge back through.

A good formation is best for good hits.

Multichop takes a lot of stamina and don't use it unless you need to win a fight and charge isn't up. There is one other condition to use it. Your guys can dismount and should dismount if they are unable to find a good target and there are mainly pikemen and tight corridors left. Dismount and multichop all day. You still have some what heavy infantry with two handed weapons.

Siege mode unlocked at a certain rank and there is no way to just queue for siege mode. There will be an option to pick that in the future. ETA unknown.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 13, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I love wei cavalry. My team hosed up big time and it was me vs 5 at the end, but they had two archer units and three Shu/Wu infantry. I still lost, but my cavalry went to town with no pikes to mess with them. I took down a ton of their troops, three players, and their last surviving adjutant with charges. Fun stuff.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
Here's today's patch notes:

quote:

Tiger Knight: Empire War will update new patch, so all our servers will be shut down for update. The exact time is as follows:

Asia: 2016/11/15 15:00-18:00 (GMT+8)
EU: 2016/11/15 07:00-10:00 (GMT)
NA: 2016/11/14 23:00 - 11/15 02:00 (GMT-8)
We will ptimize the network of NA servers.

Adjustment of Numerical Value

General
Optimized the experience of riding horse to knock away the infantry.
Slightly improved the defeated soldiers’ EXP in PVP.
Improved the matching experience of Team Game.

Soldiers
Based on the data acquired from previous tests, we tweaked the balance of soldiers:
Shu’s Tier 6 soldiers—Jingzhou Heavy Infantry: HP increased by 10%, the defense ability of pike and shield is slightly improved.
Shu’s Tier 6 soldiers—Yuzhou Horse Skirmishers’ damage is improved by 10%.
Shu’s Tier 4 soldiers—Chu Rangers’damage is imporved by 10%. Toxic Smog is also added to this unit.
Wei’s Tier 7 soldiers—Bingzhou Heavy Cavalry’s ammo amount is lowered by 20%.
Wei’s Tier 6 soldiers—Qingzhou Changdao Infantry’s HP is increased by 10%. Its Multi Chop damage and attack speed are slightly improved.
All cavalry’s moving speed is lowered by 10%.
Weapons
The initial number of people glaive and long-handle halberd pierce through is improved to 2.
The ranged weapons’ damage of General to soldiers is improved by 5%.
General’s attack speed is lowered by 5% when using one-handed dagger or sword with shield.
Game Mode

Duel Mode—Taking Stronghold:
The score of taking the stronghold is improved to 1500, and the maximum number of strongholds players can take is changed to 4.

Bug Fixed

We fixed the time anomaly of reward email in PVE.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

quote:

Shu’s Tier 4 soldiers—Chu Rangers’damage is imporved by 10%. Toxic Smog is also added to this unit.

And there's the other thing I thought they needed. Anyone who's been shying away from Shu cavalry because of how bad chu rangers were, you should probably give them a try. With this and the last update, they now have 14 ammo instead of 7 (at 74 damage a pop), and are the game's most mobile smoke bomb team.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I ignored wu infantry for a while because they look loving stupid at early levels. that was a mistake, these guys rule.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Wu infantry are pretty strong until about tier 5 when peoples health and armor starts shooting up and the wu infantry start using swords more.

They are still strong but can die to pikes.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, I just got mine to t5 and I've found that they're either hilariously effective and I rack up like 40-50 soldier kills, or hilariously inept and they all die before they even have a chance to do anything.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah, I just got mine to t5 and I've found that they're either hilariously effective and I rack up like 40-50 soldier kills, or hilariously inept and they all die before they even have a chance to do anything.

Welcome to Tiger Knight. Literally every game will be like that for any troop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got room for 20 more people.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I have heard this game is P2W and a ridiculous grind.

How true is that?

If I spend a /little/ bit of money, can I mitigate the grind? This looks like fun but I have no tolerance for "grinding".

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Diogines posted:

I have heard this game is P2W and a ridiculous grind.

How true is that?

If I spend a /little/ bit of money, can I mitigate the grind? This looks like fun but I have no tolerance for "grinding".

It's strictly pay to reduce grind (plus purely cosmetic stuff). And you can grind your way into a couple months of the currency used to buy premium status.

That said, even with premium it's still pretty grindy, but the grind is pretty managable if you just want to open up troop roles, after T5 it's just grinding for fashion and slightly bigger numbers, because at that point you'll basically have weapons of every type available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I've only been playing for about a week but yeah, pretty grindy. It's very easy to get your starting classes to tier 4 but 4 to 5 is the first mini-slog, and it gets worse after. My best are only at tier 6. That being said, it's a fun game to play casually so I don't mind. The game throws a lot of free VIP (Extra xp per game) bonuses at you so it's not too bad.

• Locked thread