Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Azuth0667 posted:

Okay I went to the local meeting and started getting involved. It wasn't quite as bad as USPol but, there was definite bernie-hillary antagonism going on. I found out that we basically don't have anyone for local positions coming up in 2017 but, they also weren't thrilled to hear from people who were interested in campaigning for local positions. I get it in my case its the first time they had met me and probably didn't know what to think. However we have a guy that ran for a state level position and did the campaigning themselves, without much support from the local committee, who got the same cold treatment. I'll give it some more time but, if this is what its going to be its time for a new party. There's no way to win if people can't work together in this environment.

taking your ball and going home helps nobody. also

iospace posted:

The problem is, the DemE feels that it didn't have to worry about primary threats from the left before. After all, the one person who was really facing one was DWS and she won easily this year.

Now the DemB is riled up and it wants blood, so a lot of it is trying to save their jobs.

remember that you agree with these people more than you disagree. they're not your enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

What is this even trying to say, idgi

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Rastor posted:

What is this even trying to say, idgi

bernie supporters are angry about cheating because they seek equitable treatment for all and an end to injustice, the bastards

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Please do not compare the actual genius politician Merkel with the toxic gently caress up that is the Clinton name.

Anyway, Merkel grew up in the impoverished East Germany, was even approached by the Soviet secret service, but in the end chose public service, and didn't even profit from her career by making hilariously overpriced speeches.

Angela is all that Hillary wanted to be, but infinitely more competent and more humane.

lol youve been one of the most virulent CLASS WAR NOW people in this subforum and you defend loving merkel of all people

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

shoutout to the california democrats for having the most unintentionally hilarious slogan on the front page of their website:

"We Are California"

yeah no poo poo, the dems here control every statewide office and have a supermajority in the assembly and are 1 seat short of a supermajority in the state senate.

Let's primary Feinstein from the left with California's jungle primary system.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AngryBooch posted:

Oh my peaches...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:bernin:

i'm that 3rd panel

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

AngryBooch posted:

i'm down

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So, I'm watching Requiem for the American Dream right now and it's kinda blowing my mind.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

So, I'm watching Requiem for the American Dream right now and it's kinda blowing my mind.

I feel like the 'rear end to rear end' scene is a pretty good description of what living in Donald Trump's America will be like.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bernie Bros applaud for bigotry, racism, and homophobia :eyepop:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

I feel like the 'rear end to rear end' scene is a pretty good description of what living in Donald Trump's America will be like.

I think you may have misread my post.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

Also someone beside loving Newsom to replace Brown.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Lawman 0 posted:

At least the music will be great

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm really looking forward to standup comedy in trump's america

until it is banned and we are forced to listen to excellent conservative comedians like

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"Senate Democrats’ Surprising Strategy: Trying to Align With Trump"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/democrats-house-senate.html

Really though, is anyone surprised by Democratic leadership playing quisling to a monster?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

Really though, is anyone surprised by Democratic leadership playing quisling to a monster?

Why the hell not. Play parliamentary games on anything the Republicans actually want, work with Trump on the populist poo poo he promised.

At best, you get some populist nonsense pushed through and alienate Trump from the GOP. At worst, the Republicans nuclear option and ram everything they want through anyway so who the gently caress cares might as well dodge some of the "WAH WAH DEMOCRATS ARE BEING MEAN AND NOT LETTING US DO ANYTHING" Republican screams.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

snyprmag posted:

Also someone beside loving Newsom to replace Brown.

Well there's also Antonio Villaragosa or John Chiang.

And the state GOP has...

Allen Ishida, county supervisor for Tulare County.

That's it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Oldest Man posted:

Bernie Sanders is a quisling now?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Oldest Man posted:

This is essentially identical to Bernie's pseudostump speech.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
On a similar note to not reading the article before posting it, I had a Facebook friend unironically post the Huffington (or Buzzfeed?) article with a clickbait title "This is how Bernie Sanders can still be President", but two lines in the article admits it's all a lie and it's trying to make a point about people sharing fake news. It was fun.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

The Oldest Man posted:

Did you try reading the article, it might help you?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

The Oldest Man posted:

quote:

“It is not just being a collection of groups,” she added. “It’s talking about policies in a serious way and talking about them in a way that touches all Americans.”

"If only we could learn the speak the language of the savages, only then could we adequately communicate our noble ideals."
- Senator Amy Klobuchar, Democrat of Minnesota

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Clinton apparently confirmed that she had the nicest most luxurious meltdown on election night.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Lawman 0 posted:

Clinton apparently confirmed that she had the nicest most luxurious meltdown on election night.

the one time she successfully communicates human emotion is after she loses, nice

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Lawman 0 posted:

Me too.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/11/why-journalists-love-twitter

This whole article on Twitter Journalism is good but for the absolutely gold, ctrl+f "BernieBro" and read from there.

Karl Barks posted:

getting mad at the copy/pasted comment from jezebel, nice

Look, I've seen stuff as bad as that posted on C-SPAM before.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Human posted:

Me too.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The Oldest Man posted:

this is a smart political move

it simultaneously calls on trump's accountability and also divides him from the GOP party line

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

logikv9 posted:

i'm really looking forward to standup comedy in trump's america

until it is banned and we are forced to listen to excellent conservative comedians like

Donald Trump, who to be fair is funny as hell.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

republicans are going to back out or gut every populist promise trump made and this gives the dems the excuse to rub their noses in it the entire time.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

The Oldest Man posted:

This isn't playing Quisling, though? It's trying to deepen the inevitable wedge between Trump and the GOP by buttering his dumb rear end up on issues like infrastructure where they share common ground?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Well What Now posted:

This isn't playing Quisling, though? It's trying to deepen the inevitable wedge between Trump and the GOP by buttering his dumb rear end up on issues like infrastructure where they share common ground?
Hey, he's just saying that if there's a bludgen and a waffler, obviously trump has the seeker.

I don't really agree though

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Oldest Man posted:

Bernie: we should work with Trump on improving infrastructure and maternity leave.

Thread: this is why Bernie is a courageous and smart leader! What a plan!

Any other leftist: we should work with Trump on improving infrastructure and maternity leave.

Thread: HANG THE TRAITORS!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

big juicy nectarine posted:

Donald Trump, who to be fair is funny as hell.

The man got booed off stage at a charity dinner.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Bernie: we should work with Trump on improving infrastructure and maternity leave.

Thread: this is why Bernie is a courageous and smart leader! What a plan!

Any other leftist: we should work with Trump on improving infrastructure and maternity leave.

Thread: HANG THE TRAITORS!

its literally one guy saying that you idiot

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its literally one guy saying that you idiot

Thread: nuh uhh~

[/thread]

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Fulchrum posted:

The man got booed off stage at a charity dinner.

What a foul lump of deformity, you fuckin deak.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what is thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bump_fn posted:

what is thread

WHO WAS PHONE

• Locked thread