Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Black Bolt T2 is good. Not Elsa, Sharon, YJ, or Carnage good, but Silk or Ant-Man goo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's funny given what a nightmare Black Dwarf is when you start out but once you've got a good roster he becomes the easiest fight of the week.

Being vulnerable to energy attacks means Proxima shreds him in under 10 seconds. Iron Fist can do hideous things to him, Sharon Rogers as well. Supergiant tears him to pieces like he's made of tissue paper, same with Doctor Strange.

When you're first starting out he feels almost insurmountable, but once you turn the corner he's barely a speed bump.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Black Bolt,' my king, owns. Highly recommended as Hootie already knows.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BGrifter posted:

It's funny given what a nightmare Black Dwarf is when you start out but once you've got a good roster he becomes the easiest fight of the week.

Being vulnerable to energy attacks means Proxima shreds him in under 10 seconds. Iron Fist can do hideous things to him, Sharon Rogers as well. Supergiant tears him to pieces like he's made of tissue paper, same with Doctor Strange.

When you're first starting out he feels almost insurmountable, but once you turn the corner he's barely a speed bump.

Yeah I beat Thanos before I could beat him once, but I can kill him 5 times in about 3 combined minutes now

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

fart simpson posted:

20/20/20/20 gears and

jesu christo

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Thanks for the pointers guys, I was able to double my WB wins. Now to get the rest of my guys geared up.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Applied to Doctor Goons as SNSapiens. I don't have a clue what I'm doing but this game seems pretty neat.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I did it. Months of grinding. Months and months.

10 battles a day.

The slow token drip. Desperate, clinging to every scrap.

Finally, at long last, I got Gamora to 6*.

:confuoot:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Oh Hero BW you so wacky

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alls I know is good call on that T2 Car Rider. Dude owns hard.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
I was worrying i might regret t2 singularity, but she has been impressing me a ton. Very strong striker too

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I was hoping somebody would tell a little more about Singularity at t2. Would love to know a little more about how she is doing at t2 for some of you.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
OK so I can full clear Proxima, Corvus, Supergiant and Ebon Maw. That'll certainly reduce the time to Strange and maxed Proxima. Now I just need to try Thanos and kick BD in his nuts.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

ZodiakLucien posted:

I was worrying i might regret t2 singularity, but she has been impressing me a ton. Very strong striker too

That's good to hear. She's next on my list I guess for T2.

Also going balls deep on Strange, though I should do Proxima first I think... Only need 1 more top tier fusion material to get Stranger Danger to 6 stars. Too bad I've only got like 120 anti-matter left...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rizzen posted:

That's good to hear. She's next on my list I guess for T2.

Also going balls deep on Strange, though I should do Proxima first I think... Only need 1 more top tier fusion material to get Stranger Danger to 6 stars. Too bad I've only got like 120 anti-matter left...

Same except I have 6000 antimatter left but no gold to fuse them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

4 million more gold until I have a maxed out Doctor Strange. I already have Clea ranked up so this is the last big thing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
After having Dr Strange for a bit I'm actually somewhat starting to question Proxima vs Strange first. The ability to CC World Bosses as a striker for huge chunks of the fight is insane. He's probably the best striker in the game.

Proxima is probably still the best first choice but nothing even comes close after that.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I was hoping somebody would tell a little more about Singularity at t2. Would love to know a little more about how she is doing at t2 for some of you.

I could not tell at all with the range buffs, the lowered cooldowns are very noticable. The ifranea on her 6 atar are generous and it chunks hard. She reminds me a lot of yj

Edit, also the 40% dodge feels better than the number. I did a no damage no tag ebony maw clear

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ZodiakLucien posted:

I could not tell at all with the range buffs, the lowered cooldowns are very noticable. The ifranea on her 6 atar are generous and it chunks hard. She reminds me a lot of yj

Edit, also the 40% dodge feels better than the number. I did a no damage no tag ebony maw clear

Part of that is cause she has dodge as a secondary stat on one of her gears, so if she's t2, you're getting about 35% (non-guaranteed) dodge before her passive, so she is capped without any effort.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Two things you people need to help me with:

1: I'm about 100 purple norns from moving on in StrangeQuest, and I want to know what all I need to hoard going forward. I'm keeping $20m on hand at all times, I got 2 4*s, 6 5*s, 5 6*s, a 4* masters, a 5* mastery, a 6* mastery, a mega rankup, a mega masteryup, and 3 T2s. I got 2200 rainbow norns, 5400 black norns, and like 6k crystals just in case. What the gently caress else do I need.

2: Apparently I don't know how to build my special gears. I've been going recovery rate and stun and I guess that's wrong. What should I be focusing on as my base skill and what's a decent starting point, i.e. I wasn't starting with any recovery gears below 30%. I've got a lot of those too so tell me dammit.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My boy binarybandit has you covered: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/59qrrq/dr_strange_epic_quest_guide/

But basically, after your 1200 universal norn stone research quest, you're gonna need to rank up Ancient One and Kaecillius to 4 stars (they both have memory missions), rank up Satana and Hellstorm and Clea to 5 stars (Hellstorm and Satana have their own missions for around 10 bios a day, Clea is like Gwenpool in that she's only available as a shifter on those missions. You can't use bio selectors on Clea or Satana so they're the best candidates for tickets imo), you gotta get Clea to 5 star mastery, you need 1200 chaos norns (the rainbow ones), 10x rank 3 black antimatter, 4x rank 6 black antimatter (the black antimatters cost incredible amounts of gold to level up. It takes something like 22 million to fuse together the 4 rank 6 black antimatters), and you also need 2000 dimension debris.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Use the mega rank up on Clea imo. That's what I did because I only got 2-3 Clea bios per day from her shifter appearances in the dark dimensions quests and you can't use bios selectors on her. It took me 4 days of running those missions 10x per day to save up 10 of her bios in order to even unlock her.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Agreed on Mega Rank Up for Clea, but to speed up getting the initial ten bios you can force close the app if she doesn't show up as a shifter and retry.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

Reapplied for Doctor Goons as Techniichan1. Been playing the game with a family member's Apple ID the whole time. :shepicide: I left the alliance on my old account so it won't take up room.

ZephYr_
Feb 10, 2004
Just applied to Doctor Goons as thanatosbtt. Still relatively new to this game, but it's been great fun so far!

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

2: Apparently I don't know how to build my special gears. I've been going recovery rate and stun and I guess that's wrong. What should I be focusing on as my base skill and what's a decent starting point, i.e. I wasn't starting with any recovery gears below 30%. I've got a lot of those too so tell me dammit.

This is never a fun answer, but it's character-dependent. E.g. recovery does nothing for a character who doesn't have some innate form of healing or a heal set (limited by the fact that heal sets aren't worth rolling for in most cases, but that's another discussion).

Popular static rolls:

- Defense Penetration
- Recovery Rate
- Crit Rate/Dmg
- Dodge (e.g. Spiders)
- Ignore Dodge
- Elemental damage % (Ghostrider, Thors, etc.)

Then you need the activated roll to not be poo poo; again choose based on the character, i.e. do you value surviveability or damage?

The only activated effects that matter:

- Damage increased by % on proc
- Invincibility on %HP proc

The roll in the middle being good is just gravy, ideally it will be one of the stats in the first list

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i hope we get tuxedo black bolt for a costume soon

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Alls I know is good call on that T2 Car Rider. Dude owns hard.

He's great everywhere except here since he has bonus damage against villains and it's an all hero BW.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Speaking of Black Bolt...

Doohyun Cho, Dev Director of “Marvel Future Fight posted:

“It was difficult for us to bring the King of the Inhumans, Black Bolt, into our game. The concept of his voice being destructive was interesting, but it also made it difficult to envision and realize into ‘Marvel Future Fight.’ The effort that went into the character is why I have a particular affection for Black Bolt.

“When we first started developing Black Bolt’s skill set, our primary objective was to show the players the magnanimity of his position as King of the Inhumans and the destructive capabilities of his voice as expressed in the original comics. From design to character animation, we persistently adjusted his skill composition and effects to create the Black Bolt we have now. Since then, we have been collecting feedback from our users and have adjusted the range and distance of Black Bolt’s Quasi-sonic Scream attacks and also reduced the cool down time so players can get more of the percussion feel. To increase his [ability to survive], when Black Bolt advances to Tier-2, he now becomes immune to damage while using the Quasi-sonic Scream. Also, to show that sound waves are on the most part unavoidable, we added the ‘Ignore Dodge’ buff to the skill. These changes will showcase a Black Bolt that aligns more closely with the original comics.

“As the person in charge of the development team for ‘Future Fight,’ my hope and pleasure would be to know that our players felt absolute power while playing this character. Furthermore, we plan on improving many of the characters to be more similar to the original comics and to be even more exciting to play. Look forward to seeing what lies in the future for ‘Marvel Future Fight.'”
Some interesting things are the possibility of more rebalancing for older characters and particularly the 12-3 stage; looks like we're finally getting a new set of main story missions, centered around Asgard? Wonder who will be the farmables. New characters? Slots for previously unfarmables (like, say, Jane)? More Thor bios?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i'm the rank 2, level 60 ultron

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Hogama posted:

Speaking of Black Bolt...

Some interesting things are the possibility of more rebalancing for older characters and particularly the 12-3 stage; looks like we're finally getting a new set of main story missions, centered around Asgard? Wonder who will be the farmables. New characters? Slots for previously unfarmables (like, say, Jane)? More Thor bios?

poo poo I guess the Asgard content is reason enough to dump some crystals into the insta-6/6 pack on sale now, yeh? Given how insane some of the Dr Strange characters were

Also REALLY hating that I have to 5* Santana, in a god drat rift that costs dimension shards, when I'm working on Lord Boltagoon and I know there's yet another 1000 shard step waiting me in the future, and she's apparently Not Worth It as well? Heckin darn

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Adult Sword Owner posted:

poo poo I guess the Asgard content is reason enough to dump some crystals into the insta-6/6 pack on sale now, yeh? Given how insane some of the Dr Strange characters were

Also REALLY hating that I have to 5* Santana, in a god drat rift that costs dimension shards, when I'm working on Lord Boltagoon and I know there's yet another 1000 shard step waiting me in the future, and she's apparently Not Worth It as well? Heckin darn

Satana is pretty good. She's not OP but can do some off the charts damage with a fire + invuln obelisk and attack ISO. Trying to boost her survivability is a lost cause, I think. She's useful in Shadowlands relays where you can get the tag heal and then bring her in to nuke and tag out. She can beat the weaker WBs pretty handily too.

She's not a waste of time, still probably in the upper 1/3rd of characters in the game. That said I said f it and dumped hoarded crystals on a mega ticket because the grind for her is dumb.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hmmm, I got Jessica Jones, Malekith and Miles at 5* as far as Unfarmables go. Who should get the ticket in a few days? I'm leaning towards Malekith because Supervillains are always good.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Malekith owns. Shits out damage. Negates benedict cumberbitchs stupid time stop. A+ would t2 again.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Wait, how does he cancel Time Stop?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

His leadership does a "counterspell that CC" manoeuvre, I think.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That's good to know. I really don't care about Wasp and wanted a reason to T2 Malekith. Even the level 50s I run into on Platinum TL battles are enough to drive me up the wall with the constant time stops.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
When does strange become good enough to replace T2 IF in TL? 4 stars? 5? Only when maxed?

E: I run Hyp/Sharog/IF in TL

b0ng fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 19, 2016

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

His leadership does a "counterspell that CC" manoeuvre, I think.

Here's a Thing That Makes You Go Hmm: Malekith makes you immune to the musical stylings of CC Music Factory. Malekith is so powerful that He's Gonna Make You Sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gibbering Madness posted:

Here's a Thing That Makes You Go Hmm: Malekith makes you immune to the musical stylings of CC Music Factory. Malekith is so powerful that He's Gonna Make You Sweat.

Everybody Dark Elf Now.

• Locked thread