Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

SA is a CIA front, not a trolling location!

It can be both.

We need to blow off steam too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

RFC2324 posted:

SA is a CIA front, not a trolling location!

:wal: Yeah, if the CIA stood for Central Idiocy Agency!
:stat: Why that old place?- It sure is Something Awful!

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

VanSandman posted:

It's always pedo poo poo, what made this one especially bad is that it was Incestuous pedo poo poo, if I'm remembering what it is right.

Was it the one with the eternally young vampire?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

are you folks seriously trying to track down a specific old pedo anime :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

New saga brewing up right here.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The whole anime that must not be named thing is stupidly counter productive because absolutely no one would mention it if not for "ZOMG DID YOU KNOW THERE'S AN ANIME SO BAD YOU CAN'T MENTION IT" followed by ten pages of trying to figure out what it is.

And I already know what it is and that it's only like, the sixth grossest anime ever anyway.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

WickedHate posted:

The whole anime that must not be named thing is stupidly counter productive because absolutely no one would mention it if not for "ZOMG DID YOU KNOW THERE'S AN ANIME SO BAD YOU CAN'T MENTION IT" followed by ten pages of trying to figure out what it is.

And I already know what it is and that it's only like, the sixth grossest anime ever anyway.

What's the first, and why?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

tight aspirations posted:

What's the first, and why?

I'm not falling for that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you can't trick me, I know the answer to that.

It's Paranoia Agent because it makes me sad :(

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The thing about that anime/manga is how absolutely out of left field the second half of it is. If it was just another creepy pedo anime no one would ever mention it (because theres a sad amount of creepy pedo anime). It's like the author got in a car accident and got brain damage in between writing them. The first half is about a single parent trying to raise an elementary school aged daughter (they aren't actually related, but that doesn't really matter in the context of the story), he's a good guy, the whole story is pretty nice, low key and well done. The second half skips ahead to her being in highschool and now the daughter character and the not-really-her-dad-but-totally-her-dad character are dating and it goes straight to what the fucktown on the bullet train. Also the author wen't on record as not understanding why so many people thought the second half of the story was ultra hosed up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The thing about that anime/manga is how absolutely out of left field the second half of it is. If it was just another creepy pedo anime no one would ever mention it (because theres a sad amount of creepy pedo anime). It's like the author got in a car accident and got brain damage in between writing them. The first half is about a single parent trying to raise an elementary school aged daughter (they aren't actually related, but that doesn't really matter in the context of the story), he's a good guy, the whole story is pretty nice, low key and well done. The second half skips ahead to her being in highschool and now the daughter character and the not-really-her-dad-but-totally-her-dad character are dating and it goes straight to what the fucktown on the bullet train. Also the author wen't on record as not understanding why so many people thought the second half of the story was ultra hosed up.

That's not it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

that's not even the right anime

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

I thought the Usagi Drop anime didn't adapt the second half, and stuck to the single-dad first half?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
boku no gbs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is it still a honeypot if you open the pot and climb in of your own free will?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Sweet Jesus Pooh, that's not honey! You're eating forbidden anime

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure the anime was called komono jikan but I'm not loving googling that lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i hope you all have unpleasant sounding accidents

e: that is, unpleasant accidents involving sounding, not... yeah

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Way back when I had a mod-hat ADTRW was basically left to do its own thing, I mean who wants to look if you don't have to - and then a report came in and I think it was EPG looked into what came to be known as 'The Bad Thread' - I think the whole subforum survived that by the skin of its teeth right then, I looked at about a half-page of loving awful pedo anime poo poo that the regulars were laffing it up over out of pages and pages of it... I was all for a cleanse with fire and I wasn't the only one. Luckily for 2D lovers they got a stay of execution and a severe bollocking, and I guess things got tidied up.

Not going to look again, though.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Way back when I had a mod-hat ADTRW was basically left to do its own thing, I mean who wants to look if you don't have to - and then a report came in and I think it was EPG looked into what came to be known as 'The Bad Thread' - I think the whole subforum survived that by the skin of its teeth right then, I looked at about a half-page of loving awful pedo anime poo poo that the regulars were laffing it up over out of pages and pages of it... I was all for a cleanse with fire and I wasn't the only one. Luckily for 2D lovers they got a stay of execution and a severe bollocking, and I guess things got tidied up.

Not going to look again, though.

You poor thing.

I've never set foot in ADTRW, but I remember wondering back in the day when I registered why these forums had a subforum especially for japanese comics and not a general comics forum that included both the american, european and asian schools. That was the younger, more naive me who still hadn't met anime fans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1005064&userid=33051

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

It's called Kodomo no Jikan and I remember it because Zac Berstchy, EIC of http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/, did a column where someone asked what he thought about things like that getting localized and his response was an extended column of "What in the gently caress IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE" and it started this cascade effect that ended in the licensor admitting they "didn't read much of it" and cancelled the license.

Pedos everywhere got mad, including some staff on the site who were posting on 4chan that they were totally going to sneak pictures of Zac for everyone to mock. I remember emailing Zac with "Hey this guy is a staff on your site and A) he calls his sister his imouto-chan, B) holy poo poo he is hosed up."

I just remember getting an amusing email back and then Zac just posted his picture for everyone to see and then shitcanned the creepy fuckers.

anime drama!

I may have gotten some details wrong, the thing I know for a fact was the staff member calling his sister his "imouto" and talking about her in a way where I genuinely feared for her health and safety.

It's a terrible anime, a terrible manga, just search for it on the ANN site and you can find a bunch of news stories where it basically was a pile of terrible garbage made for terrible people.

Lyrai has a new favorite as of 00:54 on Nov 18, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Imouto is a fairly normal word but weebs are megacreeps in general. What else were they saying?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

That their "imouto-chan" was "so moe". There was probably more but I remember them justing all the anime words to talk about their sister and like, "Please call the loving cops on this person before he does something horrible to her."

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
the only good anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is loving amazing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm mildly proud to say that I genuinely forget what ADTRW stands for :smug:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm mildly proud to say that I genuinely forget what ADTRW stands for :smug:

Anime Death Tentacle Rape Warehouse, god forgive me

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Lyrai posted:

It's a terrible anime, a terrible manga, just search for it on the ANN site and you can find a bunch of news stories where it basically was a pile of terrible garbage made for terrible people.

Even the wikipedia page for this thing has an image that's drat creepy.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

thread: *tons of talking about "that one banned pedo anime"*

me: um hey are you guys sure you want to go down this road

thread: *multiple goons spring traps that they know about X, Y, and Z gross pedo animes*

me: welp guess i'm drinking the rest of this 4-pack to mourn humanity

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

that's japanese for "i am gbs"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

that's japanese for "i am gbs"

Actually it's "my gbs". :spergin:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Anybody else want to voluntarily tell everyone how much they know about glorious nippon, it will definitely make you look cool and good unlike literally every other poster itt who has done that same thing

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Anybody else want to voluntarily tell everyone how much they know about glorious nippon, it will definitely make you look cool and good unlike literally every other poster itt who has done that same thing

I know they raped someone named Nancy King.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

this guy sounds so much like J.W. Friedman

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lutha Mahtin posted:

thread: *tons of talking about "that one banned pedo anime"*

me: um hey are you guys sure you want to go down this road

thread: *multiple goons spring traps that they know about X, Y, and Z gross pedo animes*

me: welp guess i'm drinking the rest of this 4-pack to mourn humanity

Well considering the one I was thinking about isn't the one that's apparently banned, I think it's fair to say there's just too much vile anime.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

china bot posted:

this guy sounds so much like J.W. Friedman

I can't tell if you're being facetious but that is raphandz/Satellite High/J.W. Friedman.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3017810&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol everybody in these pictures are old now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenementFunster posted:

lol everybody in these pictures are old now

But the age of the children they're attracted to hasn't changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

But the age of the 1000 year old demons in a child's body they're attracted to hasn't changed.