Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fullhouse posted:

return of the jedi was bad and i don't want the 2020 nominee to be bad

It's a great movie. Also love yub yub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i particularly enjoy the "Alexander loving Hamilton" bit in there seeing as how he was nothing more than the face on the $10 bill five years ago to 90% of America

is it worse to be forgotten or to be remembered for stupid reasons?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/798753988422221824

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It gets better

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/871006394?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Immortal Technique has a superpower where everyone he beats up grows up to become woke af.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

devtesla posted:

Immortal Technique has a superpower where everyone he beats up grows up to become woke af.

Well he obviously didn't beat up himself (LOL jacking off joke) because he's not so much woke af as a conspiracy nut who is sometimes on target.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Nice to see we are still living in the G-Funk era.

step to this, i dare ya

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm picturing tech firing up his belt-fed swirlie machine and doing the big lols

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

devtesla posted:

guess you could say thats Immortal Technique's Technique

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
actually its the evil nerds who are responsible for our current troubles.

http://archive.is/RaYAa

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

5th paragraph until they got to their clickbait, nice.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

So Bernie needs to recruit him to the new left wing vanguard and wedgie the neo-libs out of the world.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
What kind of a man's name is Lin-Manuel?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The kind that gets thrown in trash cans.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What kind of a man's name is Lin-Manuel?

I've been wondering this as well. Who gives their kid a hyphenated first name? I can understand hyphenated last names. They're annoying, but I get the motivation there. First names, though? What the hell, no. That's stupid. Your parents are stupid.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Good god, this motherfucker looks for things to be angry about even harder than you do. At the very end, it says he's got a book coming out next year called "In Defense Of Looting." I'm surprised he didn't just start copy-pasting PLEASE LOVE ME YOU PURE, SAINTLY MINORITIES!!! by the end of the article.

Revenge of the Nerds must be a hoot. I should check it out now that I'm not nine and I won't be watching an airing of it on TNT.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I've been wondering this as well. Who gives their kid a hyphenated first name?

An awful lot of French people, for starters.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
:cripes:

https://twitter.com/moftsoney/status/797904681511120896

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Twitter gonna make it real easy to round up the kulaks.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/hollykpayne/status/798962574662385664

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i need to make an etsy to scam these people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
make giant rebar safety pins with american flags and see how many of these people fly 'em

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

christ that's some delusion right there. also whats sad is none of these hipster fucks would have even heard of hamilton(whatever your opinions of him) if not for the stupid play. funny thing is i am sure alot of these morons probaly really believe he is some black dude.

whats actually funny is hamilton helped create the electoral college

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

whats actually funny is hamilton helped create the electoral college

To be fair he was pretty into the EC overturning bad votes.

quote:

All these advantages will happily combine in the plan devised by the convention; which is, that the people of each State shall choose a number of persons as electors, equal to the number of senators and representatives of such State in the national government, who shall assemble within the State, and vote for some fit person as President. Their votes, thus given, are to be transmitted to the seat of the national government, and the person who may happen to have a majority of the whole number of votes will be the President. But as a majority of the votes might not always happen to centre in one man, and as it might be unsafe to permit less than a majority to be conclusive, it is provided that, in such a contingency, the House of Representatives shall select out of the candidates who shall have the five highest number of votes, the man who in their opinion may be best qualified for the office.

The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States. It will not be too strong to say, that there will be a constant probability of seeing the station filled by characters pre-eminent for ability and virtue. And this will be thought no inconsiderable recommendation of the Constitution, by those who are able to estimate the share which the executive in every government must necessarily have in its good or ill administration. Though we cannot acquiesce in the political heresy of the poet who says: "For forms of government let fools contest That which is best administered is best,'' yet we may safely pronounce, that the true test of a good government is its aptitude and tendency to produce a good administration.

But, uh, that was pretty much in the context of 'if somehow we literally don't have a majority and we kinda can't have some sort of civil war brewing over a contested election' and 'if we just somehow straight up elect a British loyalist who runs on a platform of 'whew that revolution was a mistake right? Let's go back!' He was super into the idea of democracy being pure enough to somehow endow even a shithead with ~presidential qualities~ and all.

Honestly I like Alexander Hamilton a lot as far as founding fathers go, but the idea he wouldn't 100% be one of those dudes on the news smugly lecturing protestors about how we must respect ~the democratic process~ and the really important part is maintaining the sanctity of our election process and poo poo is nuts.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lastgirl posted:

i need to make an etsy to scam these people

I honestly don't mind people exploiting stupid do-nothing "solidarity" poo poo like this. It's like an 1850s California shopkeeper with a good supply of shovels and pickaxes.

Also this thread has re-affirmed my belief that having a Twitter account is not only unnecessary but actively detrimental. It's only worthwhile to hear from Shaq or Hideo Kojima.

Hmmm. My understanding of American politics has been shattered by Donald Trump being elected president. Should I study history to try and figure out how we got to this point, or maybe talk to Trump supporters?

Nope. Hufflepuff Slytherin Voldemort.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I've been wondering this as well. Who gives their kid a hyphenated first name? I can understand hyphenated last names. They're annoying, but I get the motivation there. First names, though? What the hell, no. That's stupid. Your parents are stupid.

Good god, this motherfucker looks for things to be angry about even harder than you do. At the very end, it says he's got a book coming out next year called "In Defense Of Looting." I'm surprised he didn't just start copy-pasting PLEASE LOVE ME YOU PURE, SAINTLY MINORITIES!!! by the end of the article.

Revenge of the Nerds must be a hoot. I should check it out now that I'm not nine and I won't be watching an airing of it on TNT.

I never understood the "LOOTING IS GOOD" poo poo. I can understand riot being pressure valve breaks and it being better to gently caress over people property then beat them to death in the "greater good" sense. but looting is loving lovely.

I honestly hate this art style. its basically people trying to copy the Stephen universe style but failing hard as gently caress at it. it reminds me of the tumblr artist with who made crying eyes look like melting eggs.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Nov 17, 2016

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I honestly hate this loving art style. its basically people trying to copy the Stephen universe style but failing hard as gently caress at it. it reminds me of the tumblr artist with who made crying eyes look like melting eggs.

this sort of weepy melty-looking garbage existed way before Steven Universe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Well What Now posted:

this sort of weepy melty-looking garbage existed way before Steven Universe

probaly. It just reminds me of it.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I know we say this a lot but I really am onboard for guillotines this time.

Like holy poo poo.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

An awful lot of French people, for starters.

Hyphenated first names are fine, Jean-Luc 'Mother-loving' Picard

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Can we just focus on why his art is bad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair he was pretty into the EC overturning bad votes.

But, uh, that was pretty much in the context of 'if somehow we literally don't have a majority and we kinda can't have some sort of civil war brewing over a contested election' and 'if we just somehow straight up elect a British loyalist who runs on a platform of 'whew that revolution was a mistake right? Let's go back!' He was super into the idea of democracy being pure enough to somehow endow even a shithead with ~presidential qualities~ and all.

Honestly I like Alexander Hamilton a lot as far as founding fathers go, but the idea he wouldn't 100% be one of those dudes on the news smugly lecturing protestors about how we must respect ~the democratic process~ and the really important part is maintaining the sanctity of our election process and poo poo is nuts.

I know you have brain AIDS but uh, democracies do not work if people don't believe in them. This has been proven over and over. So uh thanks cool anarchist guy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Larry Parrish posted:

I know you have brain AIDS but uh, democracies do not work if people don't believe in them. This has been proven over and over. So uh thanks cool anarchist guy

I agree? Which is probably why he and every other federalist viewed the ability of the EC to override popular vote as a big red button 'in case of emergency' type thing rather than 'aw this guy is gonna suck, redo'. My last bit was more about the general tone of the people who act like anyone saying 'I'm mad about this election' should just shush because the act of democracy is some sacred thing that must be honored to the extent of never complaining about it. I don't think I ever said we need to abolish democracy, just kinda agreeing that the people using Hamilton as some escape is kinda funny.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

mrmcd posted:

Like holy poo poo.

All the ironic "eat the rich class war now" has morphed into unironic "FULL COMMUNISM NOW"

We need a spicy meme mascot to counter Pepe.

My nomination:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I agree? Which is probably why he and every other federalist viewed the ability of the EC to override popular vote as a big red button 'in case of emergency' type thing rather than 'aw this guy is gonna suck, redo'. My last bit was more about the general tone of the people who act like anyone saying 'I'm mad about this election' should just shush because the act of democracy is some sacred thing that must be honored to the extent of never complaining about it. I don't think I ever said we need to abolish democracy, just kinda agreeing that the people using Hamilton as some escape is kinda funny.

Democracy is sacred. Don't become this guy: http://reason.com/archives/2016/11/08/why-democracy-is-not-sacred

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

democracy is sacred, but not everything democracy does is inherently good because of that. The whole point of a democracy is people have the right to say 'this is loving poo poo, gently caress that guy' while fully respecting 'yea that guy's gonna be president though'. That was all I was going for, I'm pretty fuckin far from some anarchist who's saying we need to burn down the core concept of our political system . The only reason I used that quote in the first place is Hamilton constantly spoke like the basic act of being elected as a statesman was something transformative due to the inherent goodness of the concept.

Dreddout posted:

All the ironic "eat the rich class war now" has morphed into unironic "FULL COMMUNISM NOW"

We need a spicy meme mascot to counter Pepe.

My nomination:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mrmcd posted:

Like holy poo poo.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is this the fastest a symbol has become commodified and completely meaningless? Like, it feels like there was A day when the thing was 'ok these pins are kinda dumb but it's a way to show you're safe for if someone needs help or someone you know needs to talk like maybe a friend who's still kinda on the DL but scared about gay issues' and it instantly just became 'LOOK AT ME I'M AN ALLY I AM VERY GOOD AND MORAL I SPENT 700 DOLLARS ON THIS PIN TO SHOW IT'