Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Rockets 6 minutes without scoring. I think it's unfair that teams have actual defenses and use them.

Having an actual defense owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Metapod posted:

Having an actual defense owns

Shame about your offense.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

alansmithee posted:

More dudes seem to be wearing them. Off the top of my head I think Anthony Davis also wears a compression shirt like that.

Al Horford has worn one forever too.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drake/Dorris Burke is the new Ahmad Rashad/Michael Jordan

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Hey Kibner at least you have Jones. If his knee is unfucked he could be pretty alright :unsmith:

It doesn't appear to be a problem. His decision making, however...

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
He's a reckless young lad and actually hasn't had much NBA minutes (about half of what Davis has). It will come around if he can stay healthy

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/799097778400067584

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

What if I think being told to go gently caress myself is offensive? I think you have a very thin skin and shallow politics but I was at least half-way trying not to be antagonistic. Anyhow I doubt your crusade to improve the world through being righteously rude to people is going to work and I'd advise you against it.

You poor fragile thing :qq:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is he going after Harden or KD? KD took less money
Enes better chill with these shallow politics man, its gonna be dark and hot as hell for a gulenist in a few months

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
lmao am i in dnd or something

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You poor fragile thing :qq:

nice username/post combo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Somewhere in a dark room Erdogan furrows his brow and taps a fingertip tattoo on the side of his laptop.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
oh nooo basketball fans can't be turning against each other. ball is life, ball is death. ball is not politics. it has never ever been. ever. think think gotta find a distraction
http://www.angelfire.com/stars/yinka/
there we go

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cravius posted:

nice username/post combo

He's not wrong and it's hilariously ironic considering Evans overarching point.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

oh nooo basketball fans can't be turning against each other. ball is life, ball is death. ball is not politics. it has never ever been. ever. think think gotta find a distraction
there we go

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/see-andrew-bynums-myspace-page-from-when-he-was-1?utm_term=.tuy6OM6x9M#.yy2VwGVPrG

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nah, it's pretty clear that many, if not most, don't view the word "posse" with negative connotations and the hole is being dug by everyone involved. My shovel isn't going in any more.

"Look I don't get why you are mad I said you're well spoken and pretty smart for a black guy"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I didn't know Bynum was a teetoler.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Today I learned andrew Bynum is part cherokee and is afraid of cherries.
Way to play SHALLOW IDENTITY POLITICS ANDREW

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Today I learned andrew Bynum is part cherokee and is afraid of cherries.
Way to play SHALLOW IDENTITY POLITICS ANDREW

Everyone is part Cherokee from my experience

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Evan is pretty cool and doesn't deserve to be shat on.

I like him but he is being very dumb here and needs to knock it off.

I would actually appreciate it if everyone moved on.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

To me the most humanizing thing about that Andrew Bynum myspace is his fear of failure. He's bowling up in heaven now

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn't know Bynum was a teetoler.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChatSports/status/741443546247516160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

tbf bynum probably has to go through 8 miller lites to get to a mild buzz

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chunkles posted:

To me the most humanizing thing about that Andrew Bynum myspace is his fear of failure. He's bowling up in heaven now
wow i thought he was actually dead for a second

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Spacebump posted:

The worst part about the Mavs :negative: is that in theory when everyone gets healthy, they will play themselves out of an excellent pick.

What happened to Barea, anyway?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

dam i wish that dream waz real

e: lmao "i got acme, so soda is sum poo poo u dont drink"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Failure has caused him to abandon his values :(

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Punkin Spunkin posted:

there we go

Holy poo poo, angelfire still exists

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

I can't wait for the think pieces arguing on the behalf of the NCAA how this will (somehow) ruin young men who would be better served to play basketball for free on a college campus.

[i]"Well, you see, maturity, spoiled youth, hip-hop..."

Perhaps mandatory military service to join the NBA. Lots of countries already have it.

Dexo posted:

I mean if Hoffman Estates is Chicago then so is like Schaumburg, Joliet and Naperville

Chicagoland.

kiimo posted:

My dream scenario: two years college ball required, college athletes paid, D-league salary 100k.

I have a dream that one day all NBA players earn a PhD before stepping onto the court.

Paul Zuvella posted:

If Dwight Howard does not win a ring (which he won't) I think he is going to be the most interesting HoF debate out of the current batch of likely HoF players.

e: That's not totally true, he could totally win a ring in the twilight of his career as a traveling assassin.

I thought he'd be a shoo-in even amongst strange and contrarian sportswriters.

Guys like Andre Miller, Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler. Now there's a debate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Quadrapellegiance posted:

What happened to Barea, anyway?

He just fell over grabbing his ankle and looked to be in massive pain. An acl tear wouldn't surprise me. They said it was a sore calf but that wasn't what he was grabbing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't think sadjohnwall.jpg would get topped

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/xxl/status/799120879766700032

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

KD didn't want anything to do with the new, brolic Drake. backed down quickly.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

KD can't stop feuding with rappers.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Josh Smith took 18 threes in his second game in China.

Somewhere Mike Woodson just had a heart attack

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

He hit seven of them, too

41 points, 19 rebounds, and five blocks

He should've been playing in China all along

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i don't really want to look it up but is the three point line like college in china? how is josh smith going off

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Has anyone else had trouble getting sound in Twitter Vines like this one to play in the Awful app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nah, it's pretty clear that many, if not most, don't view the word "posse" with negative connotations and the hole is being dug by everyone involved. My shovel isn't going in any more.

It doesn't matter if many or most don't view the word posse with negative connotations. We(well I do anyway) live in a country where many people don't view loving Chief Wahoo, or the term Redskins as having negative connotations.

Context matters. Phil Jackson has a history of being dismissive and demeaning to Lebron and his business partners. Lebron James and Maverick Carter called him out on it which is the correct thing to do.

Oh and also Evan. This isn't all I do in regards to my politics and community service btw, this is just me having fun on an internet forum.

This happened while I was knocked out(woo taking Vicodin and Valium for back pain) and I saw MV's post so I'll eat a probation if need be. But I wanted to respond and am 100% done with this topic after this.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 17, 2016

• Locked thread