Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

C.H.O.M.E posted:

bring back the 17" MacBook pro

almost forgot those fuckers used to exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

atomicthumbs posted:

the new Mac Book is here.

these owned

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
2 MB shared L2 Cache

So glad the L2 cache has that much buffer space, couldn't imagine any less.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

bring back the 17" MacBook pro

I just posted a picture of it, and that's more than close enough.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

mishaq posted:

15" laptops are disgusting
suck my dilz

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

if u are not actually using your laptop on your lap most of the time, 15" is the own zone

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

If you're using your portable computer as a portable computer, twelve inches is the correct size.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i mean in class, at work, in the library etc im putting it on a table/desk and the 15" is just better for that

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

2010 core i7 17" MacBook Pro

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

in other news my work laptop has big speaker grill up by the display and there is no way that's actually all speaker

what does that background even mean

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Polo-Rican posted:

apple2016.jpg

courage

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Just like the cheese grater mac pro was the best design possible, the non-retina unibody macbook pro was the best possible laptop and they should have kept making it forever with updated interals and display panels.

RIP actual serviceable and upgradable computers

I'm not sure if I'm more upset about the laptops or the desktop towers :(

poty
Jun 21, 2008

THC posted:

every 15" macbook ever made has "fake" speaker grill holes. if they only had holes where the speakers actually are, they would look like poo poo

i keep hearing from jony ive that design is how it works and that form follows function???

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reminder that gaming laptops are a thing.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

poty posted:

i keep hearing from jony ive that design is how it works and that form follows function???

In that case, the next apple computers will be amorphous blobs of jelly

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what am i looking at here idgi. no unibody?

Sure that works

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

poty posted:

that is the lock screen. it just means "do not touch this computer unless you work here or we will sue you"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poty posted:

then why aren't our butts closer to our noses? makes it hard to huff our own farts while syncing our Apple watches to the new MacBooks.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

C.H.O.M.E posted:

2010 core i7 17" MacBook Pro

fuckin lol at how these look thick by today's standards

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what am i looking at here idgi. no unibody?

:10bux:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

if u are not actually using your laptop on your lap most of the time, 15" is the own zone

even if you are using a laptop on your lap 15" is the best. esp xps 15 which is a 15" laptop in a 14" form factor.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

even if you are using a laptop on your lap 15" is the best. esp xps 15 which is a 15" laptop in a 14" form factor.

shagger, as usual, is wrong

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Once you get used to a small laptop, even the sight of a big laptop makes you lol and then vomit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Polo-Rican posted:

Once you get used to a small laptop, even the sight of a big laptop makes you lol and then vomit

that's what she's telling you but she doesn't really believe it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

intel's gonna narc if you copy a floppy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

intel's gonna narc if you copy a floppy

it sounds like its encouraging you to look for other jobs

youre at intel
everywhere else is amazing!!!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Polo-Rican posted:

13" MBP = the ideal mac body

you might not like it's OS, but it's what peak usability looks like

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
How the hell do you even use a 13" screen? Seems like it'd be cramped as hell.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

it sounds like its encouraging you to look for other jobs

youre at intel
everywhere else is amazing!!!!

well, it's very simple

“It’s noteworthy to say that the brand strategy of ‘Intel makes amazing experiences possible’ has become the company’s business strategy,” said Penny Baldwin, vice president and general manager of Intel’s global brand management, in an interview with VentureBeat. “We believe Intel’s longstanding history of being ruthlessly focused on Intel Inside has effectively rendered the brand invisible. We have been trapped inside the box, distanced from the consumer, with no clear role or relationship with the consumer.”

Baldwin added, “Instead of focusing on where we are with Intel Inside, we have elected to focus on why we are. The why lays a direct claim to the amazing experiences we enable outside. We are not abandoning our Inside heritage. We are simply bridging from the inside to the out, and making a direct connection between the role our breakthrough technology plays and the experiences that technology enables.”

“Part of our strategy is to see this new brand promise at a 30,000-foot level, which is the Amazing Experience campaign, and to pay off that brand promise with experiential activations that clearly highlight the role our technology plays,” Baldwin said.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Doc Block posted:

some manufacturers don't inflict a 1280x800 work area on their 13" users.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I remember when they had the guys in hazmat suits dancing, that was a good campaign

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have a 12.5" laptop with 1920*1080 screen

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

with shaggar on this, with the shrinking outer dimensions on laptops i find that 14" and 15" are the place to be these days. i still swear by the x1 carbon, which is certainly no xps, but still smaller than a 2012 13" easy

good on apple keeping some sensibly sized stuff around also. i still see people hanging on to aging 17" mbp's at conferences though, and would myself like to see what a xps 17 would look like.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I love my 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid 2014, 2.5GHz)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my 15 inch mid-2015 macbook pro holds up well under stress even though it's the 2.2ghz model

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Doc Block posted:

13" of heaven

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my 13" mba is extremely needs suiting

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

13" of heaven

don't doxx me

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

with shaggar on this, with the shrinking outer dimensions on laptops i find that 14" and 15" are the place to be these days. i still swear by the x1 carbon, which is certainly no xps, but still smaller than a 2012 13" easy

good on apple keeping some sensibly sized stuff around also. i still see people hanging on to aging 17" mbp's at conferences though, and would myself like to see what a xps 17 would look like.

i tried using a 14" laptop after using a 12.5" for a while and it was like having a tv in my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

13" of heaven

I'm the contents of the window on the lower left.

• Locked thread