Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

What about the amazing tie striker?

I'm interested in the Striker as a new cheap filler ship. Imperials sorely lack filler with 3 dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

I would do unspeakable things for this to be true.

Still think it's a new mat though.

Apparently mats use different sku than expacs. SWS instead of SWX.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So instead of Rogue Squadron, I think I'm going to run Red Squadron tonight.

Red squadron (99)

Garven Dreis (32) - X-Wing
R2-D6 (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Guidance Chips (0), Veteran Instincts (1)

Wedge Antilles (35) - X-Wing
Crack Shot (1), R2 Astromech (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Guidance Chips (0)

Biggs Darklighter (32) - X-Wing
R5-P9 (3), Proton Torpedoes (4), Guidance Chips (0)

Garven farms out his focus wherever needed, Wedge does unspeakable things with torps and crack shot, and Biggs continues to be a bastard (fueled by Garven, if he can't keep a focus on him).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tekopo posted:

I didn't splash out for the mat, not something I usually need/want.

I don't have one - I rarely play at home but it would be nice to have one when I do.

Goddamnit FFG where is my Quadjumper preview? More to the point, where is my TIE Striker preview so I know how many to pre-order...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Seeing that I am consistently wrong about what new ships aend up good I think I'll just buy whatever looks cool.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

Goddamnit FFG where is my Quadjumper preview? More to the point, where is my TIE Striker preview so I know how many to pre-order...
Seriously, it's been what? Two, three weeks since the Shuttle preview? What's going on?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

Seriously, it's been what? Two, three weeks since the Shuttle preview? What's going on?

gently caress knows but I really hope they keep their promise about wave 10 being out before R1.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thespaceinvader posted:

gently caress knows but I really hope they keep their promise about wave 10 being out before R1.

I'm the opposite. We just got Wave 9 not too long ago, and I kind of want to play with my new-ish toys before getting newer toys.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I hope the new SKU is a R1 campaign kit with some tourney legal X Wing fixes.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

That would be incredible :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'm in.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

No the new sku will be a alliance overhauled Naboo Starfighter.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

What does this list look like?

Scum Mind Link:

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Attanni Mindlink 1
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 32

Zuckuss — G-1A Starfighter 28
Attanni Mindlink 1
Dengar 3
Tractor Beam 1
Mist Hunter 0
Ship Total: 33

Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000 27
Attanni Mindlink 1
K4 Security Droid 3
Unhinged Astromech 1

Its won 3 out of 4 of its last tournaments, although they've only been little tournaments and I've had a lot of luck. Experimenting with burnout slam on Manaroo, but will probably drop it for a big 130 player regional on Saturday, in order to keep the bid as low as possible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

dogsarentdangerous posted:

Scum Mind Link:

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Attanni Mindlink 1
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1

Zuckuss — G-1A Starfighter 28
Attanni Mindlink 1
Dengar 3
Tractor Beam 1
Mist Hunter 0
Ship Total: 33

Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000 27
Attanni Mindlink 1
K4 Security Droid 3
Unhinged Astromech 1

Its won 3 out of 4 of its last tournaments, although they've only been little tournaments and I've had a lot of luck. Experimenting with burnout slam on Manaroo, but will probably drop it for a big 130 player regional on Saturday, in order to keep the bid as low as possible.

I'm curious about swapping Dengar for FCS and adding HotCop for Zuckuss.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Last night I flew two Rebel sympatheizer YT-1300s. First game I used gliterstims, but realized it kind of steped on my focus-heavy crew (Recon and Rey on different ships). The only spare action I could do is TL, and that's no help if I happen to already have TL (didn't need to use it). I did end up winnning because my opponent was not super expeienced and flying a 8 TIE swarm, and kind of flew them to different areas of the map.

So second game I switched to Splicer tools on one, and EMP device on the other. I ended up never using either, I just couldn't navigate the range because of the astroid layout (my opponent was in a corner with astroids at his angle, and castling quite a bit the first few turns. My opponent flew a party bus and two SYKs. I felt like I was heavily loosing though most of the game. My opponent kept exploding crits with Dengar, taking bit bites out of my health, but I ended taking out both Syks, and the party bus had only 2 health left.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

So second game I switched to Splicer tools on one

Oh drat, I had completely forgotten about the BMST - I knew there was something I needed to buy the Shadow Caster for. Could someone tell me how many copies of BMST you get per expack? If it's at least two, I think I might need to cave in and finally buy the Shadow Caster pack, when I'm down in the city on the weekend...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm pretty sure it's two with the ShadowCaster. Check the x-wing wiki to be sure.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
It's two for sure. I wish it was more, honestly. I love those things.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AndyElusive posted:

That would actually be kinda cool.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

AndyElusive posted:

Of all things wrong with the prequels there's nothing wrong with the ships designs. I'd love to get Padmes chrome ride

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm going to X-Wing night at my FLGS for the first time in ages tonight.

I'm gonna give some rebel lists a try. I want to try

Rey + Poe
Dash + Norra
Arclighters (Biggs + Norra + Shara)

Any other fun-and-strong Rebel lists making waves right now?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

Rey + Poe
Dash + Norra

Maybe a Miranda list? There's that Miranda/Corran list from Worlds, but I'm skeptical about that being generally good. Might be fun to fly. I've always wanted to mess with bombs.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 16, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hotcop is great against tlts I have found

Edit: with snap shot, if someone bumps you it doesn't go off right? So toss it on Arvel?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hotcop is great against tlts I have found

Edit: with snap shot, if someone bumps you it doesn't go off right? So toss it on Arvel?

That's good because it seems like TLTs are coming back more and more

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Rey + Poe
Dash + Norra

Ion Cannon Turret Kanan Ghost + Regen Biggs is fun. It's like flying a B-17!

This bomber Miranda list + TLTs went 6-0 in Swiss and took 4th after the cut at San Diego regionals
Gold Squadron Pilot + Twin Laser Turret
Miranda Doni + Twin Laser Turret + Extra Munitions + Homing Missiles + Sabine Wren + Ion Bombs + Conner Net + Advanced SLAM
(100)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Ion Cannon Turret Kanan Ghost + Regen Biggs is fun. It's like flying a B-17!

This bomber Miranda list + TLTs went 6-0 in Swiss and took 4th after the cut at San Diego regionals
Miranda Doni + Twin Laser Turret + Extra Munitions + Homing Missiles + Sabine Wren + Ion Bombs + Conner Net + Advanced SLAM
(100)

Yeah, that seems like another good Miranda list.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Kanan + Biggs is not nearly as powerful now that Biggs can't prevent ordnance from being fired at Kanan. Even with his ability a Ghost won't last long against repeated ordnance hits.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

Maybe a Miranda list? There's that Miranda/Corran list from Worlds, but I'm skeptical about that being generally good. Might be fun to fly. I've always wanted to mess with bombs.

gently caress Corran Horn.

canyoneer posted:

(100)

Hmm, wonder how you fly this. Do you keep Miranda with the group or just SLAM around bombing people at the edge of TLT range?

Strobe posted:

Kanan + Biggs is not nearly as powerful now that Biggs can't prevent ordnance from being fired at Kanan. Even with his ability a Ghost won't last long against repeated ordnance hits.

How many lists do you see now that can reliably put out 16 damage worth of ordnance? Because if they can't do enough to kill the Ghost, then once the missiles are gone they have to chew through Biggs anyway.

Triple jumps could do it, but they're pretty rare nowadays. A Z95 missile swarm could do it also, but those were never common.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

gently caress Corran Horn.

yeah I hear ya

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm curious about swapping Dengar for FCS and adding HotCop for Zuckuss.

In this list once Zuckuss has shot, only Manaroo is left to shoot so focus stripping might not be that amazing - although it would be good against the majority of defenders when they counterattack I suppose. Discouraging people from shooting Zuckuss might lead to them shooting other things, and I'd rather they shoot Zuckuss than Manaroo. Zuckuss is kind of slow to turn round, if something (ie: that he damaged last turn and now has a target lock from Z on it) really wants to avoid him it will probably be able to, Dengar works on anything you can line up a shot on. Also it would take a whopping two points out of my initiative bid.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

In this list once Zuckuss has shot, only Manaroo is left to shoot so focus stripping might not be that amazing - although it would be good against the majority of defenders when they counterattack I suppose. Discouraging people from shooting Zuckuss might lead to them shooting other things, and I'd rather they shoot Zuckuss than Manaroo. Zuckuss is kind of slow to turn round, if something (ie: that he damaged last turn and now has a target lock from Z on it) really wants to avoid him it will probably be able to, Dengar works on anything you can line up a shot on. Also it would take a whopping two points out of my initiative bid.

How do you usually play it? I'm just getting back into playing X wing, I've bought the ships but havnt played in several months (since a bit before jumpmasters dropped) and that looks fun.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I was thinking more about stripping tokens with Zuckuss so that Fenn can nuke someone. :)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

I was thinking more about stripping tokens with Zuckuss so that Fenn can nuke someone. :)

But Fenn shoots before Zuckuss so nope

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

But Fenn shoots before Zuckuss so nope

I had it in my head that he was PS9 for some reason. I take back my HotCop suggestion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Played a couple of games with my Space Mafia list which includes a couple of Heavy Cartel Spacers and BTL-A4 Hired Guns against my friends World's inspired Kath Scarlet build.

Crushed the first game where the Cartel blocked the hell out of his Firespray while the Guns just chewed into it and then it was mop up from there.

Second game I got cocky and flew like total crap which resulted in Kath kiting me around the board when I went for her wingmen. Goiddamn that thing can make you suck vacuum fast when she fires out her rear arc and is just annoying as all hell to follow.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 17, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Gonna play some casual play against a pal tonight. Thinking of running these two lists.

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Nien Nunb (29)
Push the Limit (3)
R3-A2 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

and (thanks Panzeh)

Ketsu Onyo (38)
Veteran Instincts (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Shadow Caster (3)

Dengar (33)
Push the Limit (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Punishing One (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'm extra pumped for the Rey/Nien Nunb list. The idea here is that I can do red moves all day, as long as I can boost into R1 afterwards.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Strobe posted:

I thought this too, but when I brought Kanan Biggs to Worlds, I actually found out it's a buff to Biggs, assuming the other ship can take a couple torps (so just the Ghost I guess). My opponent threw 3 torps at Kanan before he was out of ordinance and down 1 ship. But then I had a 7 hull Kanan and a full Biggs left to take out his 2 other ships, and it wasn't a problem at all. If he had nuked Biggs first with those shots, he could have plinked away at Kanan and won.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

Hencoe posted:

How do you usually play it? I'm just getting back into playing X wing, I've bought the ships but havnt played in several months (since a bit before jumpmasters dropped) and that looks fun.

Lead with Fenn, Zuckuss slightly behind. After the first pass Fenn runs for it, Zuckuss tries to slot in behind whatever is chasing Fenn. If I feel up against it I'll try have Manaroo dash into the middle and bump the bad guys on the first pass (although with it being a mind link list I don't really mind if I bump my guys too and everyone just shoots over Manaroo), otherwise Manaroo circles the board with those big green 3 banks handing out target locks to Fenn.

ConfusedUs posted:

It tends to work the other way round, Fenn drops the big attack, causing the baddies to spend their tokens on surviving (so I guess its not really stripping tokens, as there spending them on surviving) then Zuckuss, who also rolls 5 dice at range 1, smashes them with Dengar and the almost inevitable mind link focus.

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

I really want to try out this variation:

JumpMaster 5000: · Manaroo (27)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

With 5 points left to season manaroo with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Engine on Talonbane. Hes gonna really struggle to get range 1 or escape to range 3 without it.

• Locked thread