Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Haha. If nothing else, we would've gotten an amazing tantrum issue after the 96 referendum.

Introducing the sensational new character finds of 1996, can Wacky Wolvie overcome the awesome might of MONEY and THE ETHNIC VOTE?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Breetai posted:

Was the phrase that he used that was taken literally "I want to ride the baloney pony"? Because if it wasn't that, I got nothing.

This is also the explanation for how Batman got a 12" tall Robin that one time.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Ok I'm behind on comics because I only keep up with Unlimited but is Natasha Captain Russia now or did they just give her a shield so she could have accessories?
I think that might actually just be a jug of sap for her "sap-boiling action!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

darthbob88 posted:

I think that might actually just be a jug of sap for her "sap-boiling action!"

Paste Pot Pete is going to be SO MAD.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, Big Daddy Cool is way out of their price range.

"Lord Black Bolt! What is your favorite adjective?"

"PLAY!"

*legions of enemies are wiped out*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Shouldn't be asking for more beer? Don't tell me those are soda cans and he's having a disheveled sugar bender like a child and/or mmo player

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think that's a photoshop and that he is asking for beer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Shouldn't be asking for more beer? Don't tell me those are soda cans and he's having a disheveled sugar bender like a child and/or mmo player

It's an edit. The real panel he is asking if she's a beer.

Is that from Whedon's run or that all-ages Wolverine book where he's babysitting Kitty and her friends but tells them to go sit in her room while he watches hockey?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's an old, admittedly cheap stereotype of Quebeckers and their love of Pepsi that we terrible Anglophones in Canada have used.

The original is from Whedon's run on Astonishing and he says beer.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh good I was suddenly seriously disappointed in wolverine for a moment
He would have been entertaining as a hardline Québécois separarist, the accent alone

Now I'm just thinking of We Stand on Guard. Not so good

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You know his real name wouldn't have been Logan if they had made him Quebecois.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

the accent alone

Sitting here laughing thinking what it would have sounded like in the 90s cartoon if Wolverine and Gambit had a conversation together.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only because it jumped from allegorical sci-fi future to very likely future in the last few weeks :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"I'm the best dere is at wat I do, and wat I do is TABARNAK"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like Logan's weeb side has sadly eradicated what should be his constant complaining about not being able to get real poutine in favour of him eating sushi and such.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like Logan's weeb side has sadly eradicated what should be his constant complaining about not being able to get real poutine in favour of him eating sushi and such.

This will always be my favorite Logan.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wolverine would get Iceman to build him a Crashed Ice course out on the mansion's lawn:

https://youtu.be/mSfXRb4W-R0

Although on further investigation apparently this is not just a Quebec City thing.

Edit: God I hate trying to embed video from the app.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 17, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

poly and open-minded posted:

a new japanese shazam shows up and the wizards start scrambling to find a shinto god that starts with a "z"

I wish I could draw because I have an idea for a comic about a hero who has to invoke the wisdom of Nona, the protection of Inuus, the intelligence of Genius, the grace of Gratiae, the kindness of Empanda, and the stamina of Roma.

Also he has to point at the people committing the crime.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I thought Wolverine was from, like, the Yukon or Northwest Territories. One of those places that's barely a place at all.

Then again, I still remember a panel that had him standing outside a secluded wood cabin in the middle of the woods with the caption "OTTAWA, CANADA", so...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wolverine is the living embodiment of Canada so he is from all the provinces.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^Thought that was Wendigo.

Phylodox posted:

I thought Wolverine was from, like, the Yukon or Northwest Territories. One of those places that's barely a place at all.

Northern Alberta is the same thing, don't worry.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Well he's really an British lord who lived in America pre-revolution who moved to Canada then got amnesia so....

Yeah Origins was real dumb.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Duke Igthorn posted:

I wish I could draw because I have an idea for a comic about a hero who has to invoke the wisdom of Nona, the protection of Inuus, the intelligence of Genius, the grace of Gratiae, the kindness of Empanda, and the stamina of Roma.

I'm glad that you can't draw.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That "Yes I'm aware of Pym's work" panel slayed me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The latest USG has knocked it out of the park. I'm surprised the entire comic hasn't been put up here yet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Fun fact those bilboard are right near my apartment

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Do you have one of those ones where you can basically spit and hit a car on the Gardiner? I always wonder if the road noise keeps those cheaper.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Phy posted:

Do you have one of those ones where you can basically spit and hit a car on the Gardiner? I always wonder if the road noise keeps those cheaper.

Oddly enoigh these bilboard are in Ottawa somehow.

Probably because those drat yanks keep thinking Toronto is the capital

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

Phylodox posted:

Then again, I still remember a panel that had him standing outside a secluded wood cabin in the middle of the woods with the caption "OTTAWA, CANADA", so...

According to the Canadian government, he's from Cold Lake, Alberta: http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/news/Pages/2016/acquisition-records-supersoldier-james-howlett.aspx

Also, isn't the hardline quebecois Northstar?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I believe in Ultimates, when Pym is first trying to embiggen himself, they explicitly address this, saying he's super worried the particles will work too well, and make him so big his hips break.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I can't tell, are those actual billboards or are you being sassy?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I can't tell, are those actual billboards or are you being sassy?

We also have one about how we've had gay marriage for well over a decade and realize the gays are people too

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #15

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
We all know it came to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoFqbdr-XY

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

You could do us all a favor and gently caress off with that bullshit.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Here, have PBF do the same basic joke much better.

http://pbfcomics.com/275/

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Fuego Fish posted:

It's off-panel but it's vaguely implied to be "I want a weiner like a horse."

Jimmy's luckey he didnt't wish to be hung like a horse.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Question IRL posted:

Jimmy's luckey he didnt't wish to be hung like a horse.

No, no - they hung an elephant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Nightbeat doing Nightbeat things

and some more

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 17, 2016