Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

logikv9 posted:

during the nuclear apocalypse they're going to shuffle into their salt caves and become lost to history

still not convinced that they're anything other than alien robot approximations of humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

this entire election was orchestrated by BIG FOODS to sell millions upon millions of dollars of food survival kits

literal big foods

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

this entire election was orchestrated by BIG FOODS to sell millions upon millions of dollars of food survival kits

"People who starve under communism were killed by communism, people who starve under capitalism were probably just lazy and the system works fine actually thank you very much"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Is there a way for the DEMS to beat the right wing propaganda machine?

Dems can't even beat the liberal propaganda machine.

quote:

http://time.com/4569766/bernie-sanders-ralph-nader-2016/

And the 2016 Ralph Nader Award Goes to… Bernie Sanders

Troy is a professor of history at McGill University and the author of The Age of Clinton: America in the 1990s.

Sanders distracted Hillary Clinton from creating a unified vision for the future

On Election Day, Senator Bernie Sanders earned the 2016 “Ralph Nader Award” for the Leftist Most Responsible for Helping Republicans Win the Presidency. True, Donald Trump cleverly exploited voters’ frustrations. And Hillary Clinton’s campaign in 2016 was as rigid and empty as it was when she lost in 2008. Still, Sanders helped Clinton lose. His insurgency pushed her too far left to prevent an effective re-centering in the fall, while goading her into wooing different constituencies rather than uniting the nation...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

Well, I'm at the Alameda County Democratic Party meeting and they're already rumbling about pushing for a general strike.

i cant see the national party getting behind it but man i hope this stuff keeps building up

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Good to see Time introducing the concept of media bias and critical evaluation of authors and sources to 8th graders.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

logikv9 posted:

Ron Paul strikes again, this time with a steal of a deal on a freezedrying machine!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Time posted:

True, Donald Trump cleverly exploited voters’ frustrations. And Hillary Clinton’s campaign in 2016 was as rigid and empty as it was when she lost in 2008. Still, Sanders helped Clinton lose.

I'm dying. "Clinton was progressive Mittbot who managed to make Trump seem like an outsider. But what really did in Clinton's campaign was being too pro-working class. :argh: BERNIE!!! :argh:"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

quote:

His insurgency pushed her too far left to prevent an effective re-centering in the fall

:barf:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ThndrShk2k posted:

Ron Paul strikes again, this time with a steal of a deal on a freezedrying machine!

only purestrain gold will help us through these dark and trying times

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

so true. whenever i asked people why they were lukewarm on voting for hillary it was because of her clear, left messaging and focus on leftist policies such as

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

People were saying the same thing in that ridiculous /r/enoughsandersspam/ forum as well, where the gently caress where these people during the Jeb! campaign?

Seems like he would have been right up their alley.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Well, I'm at the Alameda County Democratic Party meeting and they're already rumbling about pushing for a general strike.

lmfaoooo there's 1.5 million people in Alameda County, Donald loving "Cheeto Hitler" Trump was just elected, what the gently caress, President, and there were less than 50 people who showed up, including one guy who was only there because there wasn't going to be a San Francisco Democratic Party meeting until January

What the gently caress is going on, here? What are the Democrats doing?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Lemming posted:

lmfaoooo there's 1.5 million people in Alameda County, Donald loving "Cheeto Hitler" Trump was just elected, what the gently caress, President, and there were less than 50 people who showed up, including one guy who was only there because there wasn't going to be a San Francisco Democratic Party meeting until January

Sharing a bunch of dank maudlin memes on facebook, presumably.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lemming posted:

Don't worry bro Hillary raised like a billion dollars. We got this.

:ohdear: save us Bernie-san

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Don't worry bro Hillary raised like a billion dollars. We got this.

hillary somehow wasted vastly greater sums of money than Jeb!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It seriously felt like an after school club or something. Obviously I'm completely naive about how this stuff works but it seriously blows my mind. There were about 10 people who showed up for the first time because of Trump, but how was that number not hundreds? How is their outreach so bad? It seems like they're entirely relying on people randomly showing up of their own accord. It doesn't make any sense!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Bernie sanders supporters are all sexists. We dont want them anyway.

Give us money so we can fly around on our private jet to visit celebrities in closed door fundraisers.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lemming posted:

It seriously felt like an after school club or something. Obviously I'm completely naive about how this stuff works but it seriously blows my mind. There were about 10 people who showed up for the first time because of Trump, but how was that number not hundreds? How is their outreach so bad? It seems like they're entirely relying on people randomly showing up of their own accord. It doesn't make any sense!

Almost like we need some kind of exciting and uplifting, positive message rather than just pointing at the status quo and saying "eh, good enough."

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Idiocracy is a great movie since it shows liberals unable to talk to the rest of the country, hiding in their bubbles, and failing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
No one gives a gently caress, you idiots. Sit back, watch south park and laugh. After 4 or 8 years they win by default anyhow and we will find new things to care about, like different tenses for how people feel and then the bathroom you use will be determined by smartphone apps.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
We are okay.

Oh poo poo sorry forgot about the new tense rules

We were okay.
Or
hm

We will be okay.
Yeah thats right.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

We are okay.

Oh poo poo sorry forgot about the new tense rules

We were okay.
Or
hm

We will be okay.
Yeah thats right.
you

are

canadian

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

you

are

canadian

I'm actually feeling pretty loving smug about the whole thing; im moving out of a population center, I'm hoiping that trump's NAFTA fetish crashes the canadian economy so my USD salary is worth more. And the housing bubble is totally due for a big pop and maybe i can buy a house!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
plus my trumphat is a loving salt fountain up here which is hilarious.

maybe trumpism could take root here!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

cams posted:

you

are

canadian

Lol why doesn't he just become American if he loves Trump so much

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sarah palin is gonna be cabinet level; the duck dynasty guys just cancled their show, they hella gonna be part of the administration

I'm fuckin stoked to see how the next season of America is gonna turn out!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

I'm actually feeling pretty loving smug about the whole thing; im moving out of a population center, I'm hoiping that trump's NAFTA fetish crashes the canadian economy so my USD salary is worth more. And the housing bubble is totally due for a big pop and maybe i can buy a house!
good luck. i'm also privileged enough that it's a fairly low percentage figure for poo poo to come down on me too hard, at least in the relatively short term.

i sure hope donald trump doesn't eviscerate public education

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

keep me on the d/l on vancouver housing bubble once the chinese finish grifting it fam

i wanna throw some hot staacks around for a pad there $$$

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

cams posted:

in 2 years it'll be communists educating your kids after "school" hours, just to deprogram them from Shadow President Pence's Dominionist Action Initiative.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Lastgirl posted:

keep me on the d/l on vancouver housing bubble once the chinese finish grifting it fam

Unless all the Chinese leave housing prices aren't going to drop lower than a million.

They just passed a law charging $10,000 dollars per year for empty homes, and $10,000 per day if the home owner lies about it. That should provide more housing for renters, but doubt it will drop the price of detached homes much.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

in 2 years it'll be communists educating your kids after "school" hours, just to deprogram them from Shadow President Pence's Dominionist Action Initiative.
i do not have children, i will be the communist

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

http://www.rew.ca/properties/R2104329/3538-w-29th-avenue-vancouver

anyone got 5 mill to drop on this hot prop

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

what a bargan

please president trump loving strike us dead where we stand

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

She aged like 10 years in one week lol