Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks DE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Haerc posted:

Thanks DE.

The very definition of :downsbravo:, in mod form.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I just finished War Within and I was wonder if there's any practical use for leaving the Warframe other than being able to punch some Grineer with your own fists?

Also did the Good/Evil choices during the War Within quest matter somehow?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Jack Trades posted:

So I just finished War Within and I was wonder if there's any practical use for leaving the Warframe other than being able to punch some Grineer with your own fists?

Afaik you need to leave your warframe on the kuva harvesting missions, and I think someone said that firing a beam from your operator removes armour from enemies? No idea about the good bad choices, they may become more important in future updates.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tried again tonight. Yeah, just not feeling it anymore. There's way too much poo poo going on and stuff piled on top to keep going. Seems like a lot of f2p games go through this. :\

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, at the end of War Within Ordis says that "Maybe you can help me clean that infestation?" and I was incredibly disappointing in the fact that you CAN'T.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Jack Trades posted:

You can use it to teleport your frame by sneaking into places with your op in shadows, then recalling the frame, and it's important for the new blood currency mechanic.

The Good/Evil thing shows up in your profiles, as does your op now.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Tried again tonight. Yeah, just not feeling it anymore. There's way too much poo poo going on and stuff piled on top to keep going. Seems like a lot of f2p games go through this. :\

WF is a game all about enjoying the mechanics of being a magic space ninja. Either that's your deal or not, everything else can be ignored.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I got pretty burned out and then I realized, "I don't need to have that thing immediately." It was really liberating. If you try and min max it ie grinding mastery at Akkad for a weekend to get up to 13 you're going to go bananas.

Just do a sortie and like, maybe a few relics for example.

Don't do three 20,000 cryotic runs at Hieracon to get a specific relic, do 10 relic fissures to get void traces, and then run 2 maxed relics to maybe get a Tigris BP.

I mean, you have to shut down the instant gratification and loss aversion parts of your brain.

Also I've only formaed one Warframe and while it was worth it that one time, that way lies madness.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 17, 2016

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also I've only formaed one Warframe and while it was worth it that one time, that way lies madness.

I'd argue that once you have a few guns in decent shape throwing Forma into a Warframe ups the fun because things become a little bit challenging again. Just have a sortie capable frame on hand and Warframe level is totally irrelevant for normal play but Forma has a huge impact on strength of your Warframe

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

LOL

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I figure once I get up to MR13 (currently 11) I'll start forma-ing some of my favorites, but it seems like usually just adding 1 doesn't do much and you really need to add 2-3 to get good gains.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

I figure once I get up to MR13 (currently 11) I'll start forma-ing some of my favorites, but it seems like usually just adding 1 doesn't do much and you really need to add 2-3 to get good gains.

Sure I could just use 2 forma, but with 6 I could be perfect

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Sure I could just use 2 forma, but with 6 I could be perfect

Yeah if someone gifts me a 90 day affinity booster sure, I'll do that.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

To be fair formaing stuff is only worth if you have the mods to back it up.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
My Nova Prime has four Forma on her. If I remember right, one was removing a D polarity.

Having high Mastery Rank really helps with the Forma process, I must say - having 44 mod capacity on a freshly Forma'd weapon/Warframe/companion if the potato is already installed severely reduces the annoyance quotient. But, uh, getting there will take a while.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
During the last double XP weekend. I bought an XP booster to hit like 4x XP. I think I burned through 12 forma.

I still have the shakes.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

During the last double XP weekend. I bought an XP booster to hit like 4x XP. I think I burned through 12 forma.

I still have the shakes.

I went from MR 10 to 12 that weekend and I have never been more ashamed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sandweed posted:

To be fair formaing stuff is only worth if you have the mods to back it up.

Which is a pain if you're a casual like myself and missed out on a load of cool new mods tied to a limited time event :saddowns:

I actually constantly find that I'm missing random mods that I feel like I should have picked up along the way by now. It feels harder than it should be to keep track of all of them.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

MMF Freeway posted:

Which is a pain if you're a casual like myself and missed out on a load of cool new mods tied to a limited time event :saddowns:

I actually constantly find that I'm missing random mods that I feel like I should have picked up along the way by now. It feels harder than it should be to keep track of all of them.

Ask in clan. Loads of us have duplicates of all kinds of neat stuff that we're just sitting on.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
2k endo every day.

I want to be disappointed by unveiling poo poo riven mods, god drat it.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Strategic Tea posted:

So I just finished TWW. You know since the only conclave I really do is Lunaro, in a way Teshin is my fatherly sportsball coach who taught me to believe in myself the night before the big game :shobon:

Also I think we're really due a new relay in the form of a snowy ninja mountain fortress.

Teshin knows the truth that Operators and Warframes were bred and crafted solely to play Lunaro. The Lotus misunderstands their awesome mass-killing power and believes that's their purpose.

The Purge that destroyed the Orokin and that Stalker hates all Tenno for was just the result of a particularly tough game of Lunaro. Never perform the Void Dunk.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
It all depends on your playstyle and what you like to do. I'm MR 8 and I have a few weapons forma'd a couple times, twin grakatas with 5, and a few frames with 1-2. WF is my game for mindless action game grinding, though, so Akkad is like a second home to me. Some days I get home from work and all I want to do is throw spore packs like ninja stars at my shed skin and infested for a few hours.

I probably have enough mastery to be 11 or 12, but I've been lazily stuck at the bugged stealth test for like a week. I should really just build a redeemer.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Halser posted:

2k endo every day.

I've gotten one lens (for a school I don't use) and 4x2000 endo. The new sortie drop tables are disappointing.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Riftling posted:

I probably have enough mastery to be 11 or 12, but I've been lazily stuck at the bugged stealth test for like a week. I should really just build a redeemer.
Get Jat Kittag. Stealthily murder all the guards with a huge gently caress-off explosion hammer, using only jump slam attacks!

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Mithaldu posted:

Get Jat Kittag. Stealthily murder all the guards with a huge gently caress-off explosion hammer, using only jump slam attacks!

Just tried this. Got to the third room until one of the jump slams from behind a pillar hit but didn't kill the last mob and I instantly got detected by it, and detected as soon as I re-spawned until I failed.

Maybe tomorrow.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's like you guys don't know that Hush for rifles exists, or that you can use energy restores and Warframe powers.

Ask me about Titania and razorwinging through the disappearing platform shooting challenge.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Riftling posted:

Just tried this. Got to the third room until one of the jump slams from behind a pillar hit but didn't kill the last mob and I instantly got detected by it, and detected as soon as I re-spawned until I failed.

Maybe tomorrow.

Just in case: You're aware you can train at Simaris'?

But hey, sounds like it's working otherwise. :)

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's like you guys don't know that Hush for rifles exists, or that you can use energy restores and Warframe powers.

Ask me about Titania and razorwinging through the disappearing platform shooting challenge.
Pfft, the challenges aren't hard enough to warrant that kind of cheesing.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

Halser posted:

2k endo every day.

Four days in a row for me, gota love it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Never not loki for mastery poo poo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Diran posted:

Four days in a row for me, gota love it

I got 4K Endo 4 days in a row and I was actually happy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I got 4K Endo 4 days in a row and I was actually happy.

Being happy with the game is blasphemy and it may actually lead to the Endo you.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I just want to get a bunch of trashy riven mods rather than another day of 2k endo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why are there even 2 separate endo options on the list

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So that we can feel bad for getting one of them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I get one riven mod from War Within, it's locked and it seems like I need to equip it on a weapon for it to unlock but it just won't stick?
Like, I open the Weapon Upgrade screen, equip the Riven Mod, close the screen and if I open it again the Riven Mod is unequipped.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Just be glad they don't have an actual consolation price in there, like a single random free color square that can overlap with colors you already bought or poo poo like that.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I get one riven mod from War Within, it's locked and it seems like I need to equip it on a weapon for it to unlock but it just won't stick?
Like, I open the Weapon Upgrade screen, equip the Riven Mod, close the screen and if I open it again the Riven Mod is unequipped.

Did you make sure to put it on a rifle and not on a brand new gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I'm having this exact same problem. Doesn't look like there's a way around it, just gotta wait for the fix.

I've also got an absolutely kickass Karak mod. Anyone who's used it, think having an additional Serration, Infected Clip and Fanged Fusillade would make that gun good?