Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay so I know people poo poo on me for defending WWE so much but can we all agree Roque is the most deluded person here?

Also ROH is genuinely good in many ways (I watch all the weekly TV) but I just struggle to give a gently caress. Bums me out because I want all wrestling to be good and exciting.

Ring of Honor actually knows how to focus on long term booking and to make heels into actual heels.

Long term booking like setting up Adam Cole's title, the formation of the U.S. Bullet Club, continuing to add layers to Corino v. Whitmer and use it to get a younger guy like Punishment Martinez over, the build to introducing the new Kingdom, Kyle O'Reilly's world title chase and quest to get revenge on Adam Cole, making Jay Lethal a credible champion and believable as one of these best in the world.

ROH actually knows how to develope heels that can draw heat, rather than be cool or funny heels that get cheered. People like the Addiction, BJ Whitmer, the All Night Express and Caprice Coleman and the Kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

Ring of Honor actually knows how to focus on long term booking and to make heels into actual heels.

Long term booking like setting up Adam Cole's title, the formation of the U.S. Bullet Club, continuing to add layers to Corino v. Whitmer and use it to get a younger guy like Punishment Martinez over, the build to introducing the new Kingdom, Kyle O'Reilly's world title chase and quest to get revenge on Adam Cole, making Jay Lethal a credible champion and believable as one of these best in the world.

ROH actually knows how to develope heels that can draw heat, rather than be cool or funny heels that get cheered. People like the Addiction, BJ Whitmer, the All Night Express and Caprice Coleman and the Kingdom.

This'll be fun, because your post is like a tribute to deluded TNA marks everywhere, but with a different company. But let's take this post apart piece by piece.

-You talk about setting up the U.S. version of the Bullet Club as a fresh (no) exciting (not really) thing, but about a paragraph later, talk about how the company doesn't push cool/funny heels that want to get cheered. That is literally what the Bullet Club has always been in the States. Or did you not notice the BC shirts littering the crowd at every loving indy show, along with both Cole and the Bucks pandering to the crowd every chance they get like faces? And yet, they're booked as heels. Costing Cabana the title, goading Lethal into giving Cole a shot, Intimidating Corino after he said negative things on commentary, etc. You can't even stay consistent in your shilling.

-Nobody cares about Corino vs Whitmer. It sucks to have to say that, because I'm a guy who thinks Corino never got a real tangible shot with WWE or WCW and that he should have. I'm glad you brought it up though, because it relates to another point: the whole "Oh, BJ Whitmer's a real heel, he doesn't pander to the crowd to try and be cool". And to BJ's credit that is true; but that's not why people boo him, they boo him because his ringwork is rear end and he bores the poo poo out of people.

-Punishment Martinez stinks. Committing to getting a young guy over would be laudable if he had potential, but dudes like him are a dime a dozen.

-The Kingdom is so bland it hurts. They were sorta fun as Cole's stooges. I no longer care about them, because their leader is the most boring member of the original crew, and that's saying something, considering Mike Bennett was boring, too.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay so I know people poo poo on me for defending WWE so much but can we all agree Roque is the most deluded person here?

it's all fakeposts

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

it's all fakeposts

I'm real like the Bullet Club.

... and in context that's loving depressing. :(

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm waiting for Bullet Club Wolfpack and Bullet Club Hollywood

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm waiting for Bullet Club Wolfpack and Bullet Club Hollywood

Kinda halfway there with the Elite being separate from the core group

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wake me when they make Bull Dempsey and Dalton Castle the new Vicious and Delicious

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So ROH signed Ospreay and Scurll to contracts http://rohwrestling.com/news/two-international-stars-sign-exclusive-roh-deals

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now that's some positive news. Both guys are must see acts.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I care about Corino vs. Whitmer and their match at BITW was the best on the show and I want them to fight again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH Liverpool currently has fans upset. Ring broke repeatedly, now ring lights broke. Don't think they're coming back :rip:

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
If only they had some sort of partner over there to help them out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH Liverpool currently has fans upset. Ring broke repeatedly, now ring lights broke. Don't think they're coming back :rip:

Weird I can't imagine ROH cutting corners when it comes to production

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
So uh is it Dragon Lee/Ospreay at Final Battle?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Willninho posted:

So uh is it Dragon Lee/Ospreay at Final Battle?

In short no.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

PCW gremlin direct action team strikes again!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

In short no.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/800129033027649536

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

woah, I didn't know Ospreay won the TV title to begin with.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

woah, I didn't know Ospreay won the TV title to begin with.

Neither did I.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
He wasn't even the number one contender and basically politiced his way to a title match on the first UK show.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
ROH showing they are looking to elevate talent and get behind two of the best in the world with their pushes of Scrull and Ospreay.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/800138868599230464

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Intermission at the London show. Genuinely amazing so far with an HM and MOTYC before we even get to the main and semi-main. Definitely a must see on VOD.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

HOLY poo poo! Better than any of their previous matches. Insane.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

another one for the Rovert Was Right folder

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

OK, finally back and I have to say that was probably one of the best top to bottom shows I've seen, and outright the best that I've seen in person. Not a bad match throughout. Ospreay/Scurll tore the place down. My MOTY for sure. I'm going to wait to post my nominations in the thread so they don't get muddied down by SS noms and to think on them a bit more. This is a must-see VOD for sure. On the crowd, I have a love-hate relationship with British wrestling crowds. I love how passionate they are and into the matches, but I'm not a fan of trying to screw up the ref's counts. Also, they really love Moose.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm disappointed that ROH is screwing Dragon Lee out of his singles title match that he earned.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its gonna be some 4 way nonsense

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Did ROH tape multiple months of shows or are they hot-potatoing the TV title? Because

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/800476073930559488

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hot Potato. Those are VODs.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So the TV title is defended on shows not on TV? There's stupid and then there's ROH.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jubs posted:

So the TV title is defended on shows not on TV? There's stupid and then there's ROH.

Just because it's not a full taping doesn't mean it won't air on tv

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jubs posted:

The WCW and ECW TV titles were defended and changed hands on house shows as well. I think this will end up on TV because I think they want to, and should, give Scurll a big push since he's amazing. His finger snapping attack is just vicious.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MagicCube posted:

The WCW and ECW TV titles were defended and changed hands on house shows as well. I think this will end up on TV because I think they want to, and should, give Scurll a big push since he's amazing. His finger snapping attack is just vicious.

WCW really never did it except for the span of a couple days on a house show run as a make good because the headlines couldn't show and though it was recognized, not a word was ever said on TV.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

WCW really never did it except for the span of a couple days on a house show run as a make good because the headlines couldn't show and though it was recognized, not a word was ever said on TV.

:colbert: Much more dignified than Hacksaw "winning" it on TV by picking it out of the trash. Either way it was defended on house shows a bit during the final years which is what the original quote was primarily referencing.

Either way I'm sure this match is going to make TV like Ishii's win over Strong did. Hopefully sooner rather than later because it would be helpful in the buildup to Final Battle.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 21, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MagicCube posted:

:colbert: Much more dignified than Hacksaw "winning" it on TV by picking it out of the trash. Either way it was defended on house shows a bit during the final years which is what the original quote was primarily referencing.

Either way I'm sure this match is going to make TV like Ishii's win over Strong did. Hopefully sooner rather than later because it would be helpful in the buildup to Final Battle.

Isn't next week the go home for Final Battle

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So here's the lineup for Final Battle:

Kyle O'Reilly/Adam Cole for the ROH world title
Dragon Lee/Bobby Fish Dragon Lee vs Will Osprey vs Bobby Fish vs Marry Scurll for the ROH TV title because they wanted to gently caress up a month of story by hotshotting
The Briscoes vs the Bucks for the ROH tag titles because ???
The Kingdom vs Jay White/Kushida/someone that isn't ACH whoops we taped two months in advance for the inaugural ROH Trios title
Jushin Liger vs Silas Young because ???
Jay Lethal vs Cody Rhodes because ????

Man things fell hard from ASE.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hot take that four way will be really good and it makes sense to get your two new big signings on your ppv in a marquee match and having a few guys trade the title and suggest that they each can win based on matchup or circumstance is a decent way to establish each of them as a threat and manufacture a kayfabe explanation for the multi-man nonsense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jay Lethal vs Cody Rhodes
:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Maybe Rovert can confirm this, but I think the whole reason for the hotshotting was to get the TV Title on someone actually solidly locked down past the new year. Fish's contract is expiring, Ospreay needs to take a break, Dragon Lee isn't exclusively contracted, so that leave Scurll as the most committed for the time being. If yesterday is any indication though nothing is topping The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 21, 2016

• Locked thread