Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rocket League would be an ideal Switch game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Rocket League would be an ideal Switch game.

:yeah:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Puzzle League would be an ideal Switch game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

LionArcher posted:

[ Also, should I hold off buying Metroid Prime trilogy and super Mario galaxy on my Wii U :(? I haven't played either but will finally have time to play some games for thanksgiving weekend (okay I'll also have Pokémon sun...)

You should buy them because 1) they're all good to great games and 2) the Switch isn't coming out for months and odds are any Virtual Console stuff the system has will be bare bones and trickle releases, as is the traditional Nintendo method. Play Metroid Prime asap.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

sharrrk posted:

Puzzle League would be an ideal Switch game

Rocket Puzzle League.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I just remembered that you had to pick up your Wiimote like a phone in No More Heroes. Anyone remember that? Dang.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You should buy them because 1) they're all good to great games and 2) the Switch isn't coming out for months and odds are any Virtual Console stuff the system has will be bare bones and trickle releases, as is the traditional Nintendo method. Play Metroid Prime asap.

Okay, good advice. I'll do it!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Macaluso posted:

Do you think they'll bring Overwatch over to the Switch

Maybe, but then again, they might be stupid enough not to include gyro aiming.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
will there be trophies on the switch? I hope so

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Rocket Puzzle League.

The best poo poo I've heard

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Super Switching(sic) Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars HOT NEW video game IP for Nintendo Switch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nintendo Megamix Puzzle League

Exciting new mash-up game mode where the current theme dictates the BGM and obstacles you have to overcome.

When the game switches to Mario on the fly you have to deal with garbage blocks.
When Kirby comes up you have to deal with Candy blocks that need adjacent panels to line up
Zelda has more panel colors then the others
F-Zero speeds the panels up
Animal Crossing slows them down.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Macaluso posted:

Do you think they'll bring Overwatch over to the Switch

There's no 360/PS3 version, so the amount of work it would take to do it probably wouldn't be justified unless the Switch does really really well. Even then it's a toss up.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I hope all future games come to the Nintendo switch

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to preorder the heck out of the switch.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

VideoGames posted:

I'm going to preorder the heck out of the switch.

not an emptyquote

e: I'm going to do this then camp out for it anyway

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

not an emptyquote

e: I'm going to do this then camp out for it anyway

yep pretty much. As long as it has one good release title I will take the day off work for it too.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
I can't wait to see when they announce that the Gameboy line in it's entirety will be end of life and shut down forever, and the traditional portable effort games you bought are now always going to be $59.99 no matter how much content they have in them because, "You can now play at home or not!"

Yes, this is coming.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
technically there hasn't been a gameboy in like a decade

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Not all console games are $60

Not all 3ds games are $40

Not all Switch games will be full price

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Raserys posted:

technically there hasn't been a gameboy in like a decade

its almost like a shitton of japanese women bought nintendo ds and psp

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
When Smash Switch-Cross Tekken comes out I hope there will be another sale.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

friends how long do you think we will have to wait for pokemon eclipse for nintendo switch. holiday 2017?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wonder if there will be a new pokemon snap.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Pokemon Snap with gyro controls

Do I dare to dream

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Not a Children posted:

Do I dare to dream

pokemon snap switch! exciting joycon motion controls to throw pester balls at your favorite mons! go on a co-op safari with your friends!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I wonder if there will be a new pokemon snap.

Just like how the Wii U was supposed to be the perfect system for a new Snap? Hahahaaaaa...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zolthorg posted:

friends how long do you think we will have to wait for pokemon eclipse for nintendo switch. holiday 2017?

It's going to be Pokémon Classy diamond and elegant pearl

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Not a Children posted:

Do I dare to dream

For some reason Game Freak has been rather against Snap. If I remember correctly, they said such a thing wouldn't be successful in todays landscape when people asked for it to come on the wii u.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 were DS games released a year after the 3DS had been out. At least the 3ds was backwards compatible but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the next couple of mainline games are still for 3ds

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Arcland posted:

For some reason Game Freak has been rather against Snap. If I remember correctly, they said such a thing wouldn't be successful in todays landscape when people asked for it to come on the wii u.

maybe because it was a garbage hour and a half long game that sold copies entirely on the premise of seeing your favourite pokemanz in 3d

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

El Burbo posted:

Not all console games are $60

Not all 3ds games are $40

Not all Switch games will be full price

Correction on what I stated: All triple A games on 3DS that sold for $39.99 will be $59.99 on Switch, and Gameboy will be end of life and you will not find software ports for those Gameboy AAA titles as it is being phased out. This obviously doesn't effect indie games and such. Which is to be expected, as the software will be written for one system and playable on both as the Switch is planned to be the home console and the new Gameboy so to speak.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 17, 2016

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Walrus posted:

maybe because it was a garbage hour and a half long game that sold copies entirely on the premise of seeing your favourite pokemanz in 3d

Uh it was also non violent which made my family dig it super hard.

I hated it since it was on rails.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What gameboy AAA tiles were there? The Minish Cap?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nintendo Megamix Puzzle League

Exciting new mash-up game mode where the current theme dictates the BGM and obstacles you have to overcome.

When the game switches to Mario on the fly you have to deal with garbage blocks.
When Kirby comes up you have to deal with Candy blocks that need adjacent panels to line up
Zelda has more panel colors then the others
F-Zero speeds the panels up
Animal Crossing slows them down.

Please, no, stop making my imagination run wild. I got really into Puzzle League/Tetris Attack this year and something like this sounds awesome to me.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Utnayan posted:

Correction on what I stated: All triple A games on 3DS that sold for $39.99 will be $59.99 on Switch, and Gameboy will be end of life and you will not find software ports for those Gameboy AAA titles as it is being phased out. This obviously doesn't effect indie games and such. Which is to be expected, as the software will be written for one system and playable on both as the Switch is planned to be the home console and the new Gameboy so to speak.

You keep throwing around "Gameboy" like it's a currently existing thing and it's weird.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Walrus posted:

Yeah but now there like 800 of them and they have full 3D models already, as much more expansive version would be doable.

It was short, but not garbage. The core gameplay loop was good. Most people who remember it so fondly probably got it as a blockbuster weekend rental.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't believe that Game & Watch games are going to be 60 dollars now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My mom still calls all consoles nintendos and all portables gameboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Walrus posted:

As much as I like Snap, This is pretty much the entire draw to the game. It was a shameless cash-in with a sticker printing gimmick until Stadium came out and actually let you play pokemon on the N64. (It even re-used the sticker machines)

That said, I still like the idea of the game and would like to see a revival of it. The game style is a minor distraction at best, but it's one we don't see often and would make a good digital only title.

• Locked thread