Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't need a watermark to convince me not to steal them.

I think his camera is physically incapable of getting a face in focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

quote:

After taking on more events this year, I am trying to upgrade my camera to offer better photos of all the events I shoot.

Ok, so how about you spend that event money and upgrade your own poo poo

oh wait youre doing the events for exposure right?

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Do not take cell phone shot or any other type of screen shot of the photos on this website. All photos are protected under COPY RIGHT LAWS.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

murk posted:

http://www.mikegoodall.net/portfolio

Everyone of Mike's portfolio photos has his gigantic logo directly in the middle of them.. so don't even think about stealing them!!

Maybe if he shot less rodeos and more highschool volleyball he could get some kickstarter backers on reddit :pedo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I get that typically high school football is a nightmare of bad lighting to shoot in, but jesus christ that front page photo is such a blurry drat mess

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

It's like he chose the photo to show just exactly how bad he could be at this.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

You have to admit though, if you were looking for a photographer who could perfectly focus on the right butt cheek of an out-of-frame football player, he's your go-to guy!

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

I get that typically high school football is a nightmare of bad lighting to shoot in, but jesus christ that front page photo is such a blurry drat mess

If I got useable stuff from a pitch-black night high school football game back in 2008 with a rebel xt and 70-200 f/4 this dude has no excuse.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I don't understand how he missed focus and has motion blur in a shot of a little kid walking a horse in midday sunlight. A Rebel on full auto should nail that shot with zero trouble.

murk
Oct 31, 2003
Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hes still got 37 hours and $2443 to go.. might happen. Did you see that for $1000 backers you get:

Pledge $1,000 or more

8x10 Prints for 1 year

I will send you up to 3 8x10s of yourself from every event I shoot of you until the end of 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

murk posted:

Hes still got 37 hours and $2443 to go.. might happen. Did you see that for $1000 backers you get:

Pledge $1,000 or more

8x10 Prints for 1 year

I will send you up to 3 8x10s of yourself from every event I shoot of you until the end of 2017

well holy poo poo i'm in

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It almost feels worth the $1 payment that won't ever be taken to give the guy a reality check.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
guy should have at least used indiegogo or whichever one lets you cash out even if you don't reach your goal

he'll never see that $57 lol

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
He also do couples, at weddings.

http://mikegoodall.net/weddings/skelton-patterson/skelton-patterson/ui/EH3PRN2PH7-NF7-GJMXP5

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
What on earth is happening with that guys hair?

Did he just bring his camera to friends wedding? A lot of those look like the bride and groom and posing for pictures in a different direction.

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 4, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aricoarena posted:

What on earth is happening with that guys hair?

He genuinely looks like he's wearing a hair net :psyduck:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

He's at the balding stage where he doesn't want to admit to himself that he's balding

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on some of the other pictures in that album he should have given up that fight about 10 years ago because drat dude, babies come out of the womb with more fuzz than that.

Every single one of those photos belongs in this thread too. How desperate would you have to be to pay for garbage like that?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
My favourite is the one of the groom facing away from the camera, pissing against that tree.

The groom's hair isn't really the photog's fault, but slapping that big watermark all over the photos that are out-of-focus or show one or both of the people with a dumb look on their faces is entirely the photog's fault.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"There's something stuck in my teef."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

both of the people with a dumb look on their faces is entirely the photog's fault.

Naw, those are just candids. The couple will cherish those unscripted moments their entire life!

"HAW HAW honey, remember when you looked like you were getting ready to spit at our wedding? That was the best!"

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
That's amazing. You'd think that just by chance you'd eventually get a photo that is both in focus and doesn't have the subject pulling an incredibly awkward face, I feel like this guy is intentionally weeding out any decent shots he accidentally takes.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

they're basically tim and eric wedding photos, I'm cringing looking at those

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thats the definition of a bowl cut. Not cause they cut his hair with a bowl, his hair looks and is shiny like one.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thx old man now i'm triggered too

quote:

I need funds for camera and lighting equipment, for studio space, and to cover my own living expenses while I work on this project.

ofc

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how putting his name in a search engine doesn't reveal a single photograph attributed to him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Well yeah, he needs camera equipment first

A camera is equipment :v:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Here is a HDR image I shot at Wellington Point a couple weeks back. Sunset was rather bland, hence why I went the HDR route :)

quote:

It's called Extreme HDR, I guess you havent heard of it...

A dude pointed out that if it was hdr, he wouldnt be clipping (mitchel is the commenter)

quote:

Hahaha it's called Extreme HDR, I know there is clipping in there, but love the effect just like many other shooters do :) Funny thing is ya mate Mitchell didnt like it and felt the need to bag it... For the record I have a uni degree in photography, worked for NewsLtd for 10 years as a news photographer, and have been freelancing for the last 10 years, including photographing all the biggest rock and metal bands in the world, but what do I know haha... BTW Check out Mitchell's photography page for some "Professional Photography"

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Jesus. That's some kind of self-parody it must be...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd like to see a couple of Mitchell's photos to compare them against someone defending those atrocities.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
HDR dudes page:
https://www.facebook.com/fastlanephoto/?pnref=lhc

Dude telling him hes an idiots page (mitchel)
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MitchellConlanPhotography/posts/?ref=page_internal

HDR dude has some bad and weird stuff but he must keep his extreme hdrs somewhere else.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 17, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
they both abuse awful photography gimmicks. mitchel loves to crush his blacks in just about every photo he takes

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
gently caress. Hdr guy knows a woman at my work, who is very likely to become my boss. I regret calling him out on the fact the effect isnt even consistent in the clouds of the bridge photo.

Atleast I held onto the wiked sik burn of I can see why youve been stuck freelancing for the past decade. Trolling dudes in your own city has consequences

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
PASSION

passion by Laurek Photography, on Flickr

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The saddest camera review video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWZfGF3jCc

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

YouTube: You.... are watching... Nates... Road... in VA...
Homer: Blog...
YouTube: Blog...
Homer: Yeah, lay it on me, Nate!
YouTube: In the review of.... the
Homer: Mmmhmm
YouTube: Vi..
Homer: Vivitar...
YouTube: Vi...
YouTube: ta..
YouTube: r...
Homer: Come on, come on, don't you realize this is costing me money!!
YouTube: We must consider... many... things.... The webcam...
Homer: D'oh, not the webcam!
YouTube: Is listed on the... back
Homer: Oow...
YouTube: At 3...
Homer: 3.1 Megapixels!!!
YouTube: point...
Homer: D'oh, this is ridiculous!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You know he spent like a week pouring through his exhaustive 8 bit music collection to find the perfect clip to pair with his personality and prepare the viewer for what they're about to see.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
He also has a review of a leather belt on his channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

murk posted:

Everyone of Mike's portfolio photos has his gigantic logo directly in the middle of them.. so don't even think about stealing them!!

My wife walked in on me laughing and in tears because of that wedding set, then she saw the photos I was laughing at and exclaimed "Why the hell would anybody publish those? They can't be real."

So I showed her the whole "professional" site as proof, then had to explain this thread. Apparently we're all assholes for making fun of the guy and we should all feel bad. But I don't. :smugdog: They are bad photos that somebody potentially paid for, and he should have never posted those in public, especially not in a portfolio.