Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
I thought a lot of boomers would die off due to obesity issues but that is looking less and less likely :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I bought a painting at a thrift store to hang in my office. When my coworkers asked, I said I painted it myself. Just wanting to show off.

Then people started asking me for a painting. I got nervous about being called a liar, so I went to the thrift store and bought more paintings. I gave them to these people a few weeks later and said I painted them. They loved them.

I got the nickname "Art" at work and everybody loved the paintings. Including the Vice President of Logistics, who is a big wig at our company. He asked if I could paint a portrait of his family. I said I didn't do portraits, then he asked if I could create a painting of his house. I got nervous, even more so when he offered me 1200 dollars to do it.

So this Saturday I am going up to his extremely nice house, have a huge fancy lunch for free, and take a bunch of pictures of his house for reference photos. My only camera is my cellphone, I don't even know if artists would use something like that.

Let me put this straight - I don't even own a paint brush, I cannot reasonably fake this at all. I am hosed because I already took the 1200 dollars, and even spent some of it on a new gasmask bong.

quote:

I am a victim of the liberal protests that have come in the wake of Donald Trump winning.

I am a young, confident, well-educated and well-respected person at work. I also happen to be an ardent Trump supporter.

The day after the election I came in to work super happy. I work in the office attached to a warehouse floor, and I saw one of the warehouse workers as I walked in. I waved and said "We made Pennsylvania Great last night my brother!" and I should have not said that, because he shot me a look like he hated my guts.

When I took my lunch break I went down to the warehouse to find that guy and make myself clear - I didn't say "my brother" in a racial way, I meant it as we were both Republicans. Or so I assumed.

He told me he would never vote for Trump, called me ignorant, then asked me not to speak to him unless it was work related. When I got back from lunch I had cooled down a bit and went to HR to arrange a formal discussion with this guy. Now, here is where it gets complicated. I technically filed a complaint against him, but it was just a formality to make sure we got the meeting scheduled for this week, since I'm on vacation until after Thanksgiving.

So the meeting is scheduled for Thursday. No problem, and I leave the office that day thinking all is well. But sadly, it's not.

I get out to my car and another guy from my office runs up to me, saying that Richie wants to talk to me. Richie is the warehouse guy, if you can't guess already.

Richie proceeds to scream at me, calling me an idiot, out of touch, costing him his respect at the office, trying to cost him his career, etc etc etc. Every hateful untrue thing you could imagine. I just stand there and bravely take it, then tell him that Trump isn't a racist, I'm not a racist, and I love every color of person there is. Richie refuses my handshake and tells me I need to get the warning letter stricken from the record, or else he's going to challenge the letter, which could lead to me getting fired if it's proven I issued a false report.

So basically, this moron Hillary supporter just tried to get me fired for voting for Trump. But I wont' post this on facebook complaining about harassment, and it won't get shared by the liberal media.

"I'm not a racist, and I love every color of person there is" sounds like the kind of thing Trump would say actually

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

"I'm not a racist, and I love every color of person there is" sounds like the kind of thing Trump would say actually

:happened:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

quote:

Richie proceeds to scream at me, calling me an idiot, out of touch, costing him his respect at the office, trying to cost him his career, etc etc etc. Every hateful untrue thing you could imagine. I just stand there and bravely take it,

Come on, at least be a good writer if you're going to make up some garbage

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Don't discuss politics at your workplace you loving idiot.

brotato
May 14, 2013
There's no way the trump story is true but I got a good laugh out of "my brother, but not like in a racial way."

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

loquacius posted:

.. I am hosed because I already took the 1200 dollars, and even spent some of it on a new gasmask bong.

Pay someone in SA Mart to paint it. It might cost a couple hundred bucks but it's better than nothing.

loquacius posted:

I am a victim of the liberal protests...

You're an idiot. Firstly, whether or not it was interpreted as a racial remark it was most certainly gloating.
#1 Apologize to Warehouse dude. Don't try to explain yourself, just apologize.
#2 Explain to HR that it was a mistake and you didn't understand your request could have permanent implications.
#3 Inform Warehouse dude that HR is off his back and that you are, once again, sorry.
#4 Move on, don't assume things about people and stop trying to defend Donald Trump. That's his responsibility.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Von_Doom posted:

... the most beautiful fire...

Oh hey, same. And it loving sucks. Every time you declare that this is the final chance and they gently caress it up by getting high or whatever their addiction is and you walk away and mourn (again) the death of the relationship and slowly rebuild yourself until weeks or months later you get that 2:00am phone call and of course you take them back because you're soul mates and this time will be different and it never bloody is. I don't know what it is that makes these relationships so seductive but goddamn am I tired of it. Here's hoping the last break was the one that sticks for me at least.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I imagined that whole thing as happening between Michael and Darryl from the office.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Space T Rex posted:

I imagined that whole thing as happening between Michael and Darryl from the office.

Lol :yossame: but Andy rather than Michael.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wizzle posted:

Pay someone in SA Mart to paint it. It might cost a couple hundred bucks but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, this is the best way to handle it. You know, besides giving the money back and coming clean.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Send him a painting of the gas mask bong and insist this is your interpretation of his house.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dude could just use some of the money to commission a decent painting from a real artist, which is so obvious it makes me doubt the whole confession.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Send him a painting of the gas mask bong and insist this is your interpretation of his house.

:yeah:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

That Trump voter is a victim of foot-in-mouth syndrome and not much else.

Well, and voting for Trump, obviously.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
The Trump story is really obviously fake you guys.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I got married earlier this summer to my girlfriend of the better part of a decade. We were wildly in love, and our sex life was healthy enough, we were both satisfied, things were going well. Still, since we've been together for so long, our "honeymoon phase" was pretty minor. That was all months ago. We were very comfortable together.

Like a lot of couples, I'd imagine, we have nice little low-key date nights every now and then. We had one on the Saturday night before DST ended - we went out and had a fantastic dinner, then went to one of those high-class movie theaters with recliners and bars and saw some terrible movie before coming back home and loving practically all night.

Since then, we have spent pretty much every waking second boning down. It's incredible. She's started sending me sexy pics from the bathroom at work. We've started getting really kinky with each other, and apparently we're both horrible deviants in exactly the same ways because we're both having so much fun with absolutely everything.

I know this can't last forever (I mean...we hosed until 5 AM this weekend and she needed to be awake for work at 7) and we've both acknowledged that, but this whole insane experience has brought us together closer than ever before and we're communicating what turns us on and what we need, and trusting each other a ton more....everything's just great.

Sorry this is all TMI and not really confession-worthy but god drat, it's not really the kind of thing I can just drop into conversation with my friends or family and it seemed like there's been a lot of doom and gloom here lately. Sometimes life is unbelievably good.

Aw glad to hear :unsmith:

The lesbian cuck victim (self-described) sent a followup:

quote:

I honestly wasn't sure if my confession would be posted or not, so that was a nice surprise.

I can say that I really appreciate the positive and negative comments I have received. I am aware I am a doormat of sorts and I won't argue that. I definitely need to work on standing up for myself and taking control of my own life. Years of therapy have given me a sort of bizarre double vision - I am aware enough of myself to see the issues and problems with my current life, but I also feel a stubborn sense of 'I don't want to give up - if you love someone, you stay and you work at it'. I get that this is a naive sort of way of thinking, but I also can't seem to help it. And I guess that makes me stupid, or weak, or damaged. But I also won't deny those labels as well. I am pretty much all of those things and more.

That being said, it does help to actually just spew it out onto the internet. I hold a lot inside all the time and it eats at me. So as I said, I wasn't looking for advice but it is always appreciated, and I recognize that all bullshit aside my only 2 options are to stay or to go. That's what it all boils down to after you cut out the emotion and drama and struggle. Stay or go.

My real reason for following up is the post made by Von_Doom. I read it all. And Mr. Doom, I just wanted to thank you. For your honesty and support, for sharing that part of yourself. My confession isn't fake, it is 100% true, and I wanted you to know that your words weren't wasted on something that is a joke. I am glad to see that you made a healthy, proactive choice in severing and I sincerely hope that you find good things with your new freedom, including a partner who respects and supports and loves you like you deserve.

I don't have much else to say except her family and I are working together on getting her to go to a treatment centre tomorrow so she can go on a waitlist to attend a clinic that specializes in both mental health and addictions - she has never had therapy and she desperately needs to work on her issues (as they completely enhance and enable her addiction), so this is a good start and plus the addictions counselling alongside that would be a good bet. I know someone who did the same program and they have been sober for almost 4 months now. I am hopeful. Even if I were to leave, I would want her to eventually get sober and happy and just....live like she deserves. Just because she is an addict and has had a hard life doesn't make her a waste of air. It just means she has a lot of poo poo she needs to either deal with or let go of.

I guess despite everything I still cling to hope. I still want to believe. Maybe that makes me an idiot, but sometimes things have to play out a certain way for you to learn, I guess.

My first long-term relationship lasted like a year longer than it should have because of that same stubbornness. It's a dangerous idea. But you are at least doing something, and that's a start.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The best thing about life is that it lasts forever, so it's okay to spend a few years of it miserable.

There are people out there that will love you intensely and not treat you like poo poo, you know?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
High five sex goon. My sex live is also pretty sweet right now

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Not a Children posted:

The best thing about life is that it lasts forever, so it's okay to spend a few years of it miserable.

There are people out there that will love you intensely and not treat you like poo poo, you know?

When I was going through safety training for my current job, there was this old guy who said, exactly "you can put up with anything for 30 years fit an eternity in heaven" in reference to his marriage that had started sucking in year 2. I could only stare in horror at the thought.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Before he retired at the end of September, my father-in-law traveled to Germany for business several times per year. One of of his last trips he told us about the story about how he was in a tavern and a German guy and a Dutch guy were talking. They were having a disagreement about something. At first it was civil, but seeing as both had a few beers in them, it quickly escalated to raised voices. The dutch guy said something about "I want my bicycle back!" and the German guy FLIPPED OUT. My FIL said he had to be held back by other bar patrons while the dutch guy was all :smug: and eventually the German left, muttering to himself the entire time.

Apparently it's a Nazi thing? I can't be assed to look.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
German people can be funny but they just do not understand sarcasm at all

they also really like using the n word

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This german guy is quite funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNNCqAmZzTA&index=2&list=PL2HTCtUu6np9g68qlFx-Vb-u0Km8XJ1DJ

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Before he retired at the end of September, my father-in-law traveled to Germany for business several times per year. One of of his last trips he told us about the story about how he was in a tavern and a German guy and a Dutch guy were talking. They were having a disagreement about something. At first it was civil, but seeing as both had a few beers in them, it quickly escalated to raised voices. The dutch guy said something about "I want my bicycle back!" and the German guy FLIPPED OUT. My FIL said he had to be held back by other bar patrons while the dutch guy was all :smug: and eventually the German left, muttering to himself the entire time.

the nazis took the dutch peoples bikes when they invaded and it made the dutch upset because they really like their god drat bikes

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bad boy in the boy band posted:

It's something you'll hear in every Netherlands vs Germany soccer match. When the Germans withdrew from the Netherlands in '44, they did it in a loving hurry and used bicycles to help their retreat. The Dutch are very attached to their bicycles.

(The Germans also took all the food, and my grandmother called the winter of '44-'45 "The Tulip Winter" because that's all they had to eat)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Nice to see they have their priorities straight up there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was gonna say, they also took all the Jews but I guess the bicycles are the important part

Fun fact, if you go to Amsterdam's Jewish Quarter there's a sign that says (among other things) "this was once a thriving neighborhood". Amsterdam is a Party City but the Holocaust poo poo is a real downer.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Netherlands: Offer me money.
Germany: Yes!
Netherlands: Land, too, promise me that.
Germany: All that I have and more. Please...
Netherlands: Offer me anything I ask for.
Germany: Anything you want...
Netherlands: I want my bicycle back, you son of a bitch!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

It's something you'll hear in every Netherlands vs Germany soccer match. When the Germans withdrew from the Netherlands in '44, they did it in a loving hurry and used bicycles to help their retreat. The Dutch are very attached to their bicycles.

(The Germans also took all the food, and my grandmother called the winter of '44-'45 "The Tulip Winter" because that's all they had to eat)

Really? I learned something new today, wasn't aware of that. Though it explains the popularity of a bicycle model called "Hollandrad" (literally means "Dutch bicycle") over here

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

It gets even better when the subject comes up around Germans, because the fact that they took a bunch of bicycles doesn't really hold the same prominence in their cultural memory as, say, the rest of the war. For many, the reason that the Dutch won't shut up about those bikes they want back is a complete mystery.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Art dude: there are hundreds of art students at your local college campus that will paint that poo poo for you for $50 and a six pack of beer. Congratulations, you've found a lucrative business opportunity and a neat way to appear to be interesting for your coworkers!

quote:

Years of therapy have given me a sort of bizarre double vision - I am aware enough of myself to see the issues and problems with my current life, but I also feel a stubborn sense of 'I don't want to give up - if you love someone, you stay and you work at it'. I get that this is a naive sort of way of thinking, but I also can't seem to help it. And I guess that makes me stupid, or weak, or damaged. But I also won't deny those labels as well. I am pretty much all of those things and more.
Don't beat yourself up too bad; a lot of society sends the message that true love is everything and it means you'll sacrifice everything and blah blah blah. What they usually leave out is that real life is messy. There are some problems you can fix, while others you can't. Your partner doesn't want to be in the relationship you desire. She wants to use you while giving you nothing in return. This is not a problem you can fix.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

The cleaning lady at my office pissed me off by parking her Hyundai way over the line and in to my spot one day, so I waited until we had an angry client leave, snuck in to the public restroom we have and took a giant upper-decker, then made her clean it up after blaming it on the angry client. She vomited

quote:

I'm pretty sure I remember being molested by my mom. I was 7 or 8 and I was sick. I woke up and my mom was touching my butt. I asked her what she was doing and she said checking my temperature. I remember thinking that was a weird way to do it.

Rectal thermometers used to be a thing (for babies), actually, they're just not generally used anymore for obvious reasons. I dunno how exactly that translates to checking a kid's temperature by touching their butt, though. It is at the very least super weird. I dunno, you know your mom best, you can decide whether to give her benefit of the doubt on this :shrug:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

yeah, checking a rectal temperature is definitely child molestation. You should start a family destroying lawsuit.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
She was just checking your oil dude, you were a quart low.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
How loving dumb can you be to not realize rectal thermometers exist?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

loquacius posted:

Rectal thermometers used to be a thing (for babies), actually, they're just not generally used anymore for obvious reasons. I dunno how exactly that translates to checking a kid's temperature by touching their butt, though. It is at the very least super weird. I dunno, you know your mom best, you can decide whether to give her benefit of the doubt on this :shrug:

they are used all the time in medical settings and are far and away the most accurate noninvasive reading of body temperature

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I don't see any mention of an actual thermometer tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

subhuman filth posted:

they are used all the time in medical settings and are far and away the most accurate noninvasive reading of body temperature

I think we have different definitions of "noninvasive"

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

its less invasive than bladder temperature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I've had to get the butt thermometer before as a child. Usually when I had vomiting.