Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Not even EA would release a major barely tested feature on Thanksgiving.

Good point. I would expect today, tomorrow, or next Monday then as the most likely days.

That said, they have released big things before the weekend with major bugs and just been like "Have fun! see you next week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

The only reason I think this week could happen is because people are saying vague things. Given GW credits and tournament this weekend, next Monday or Thursday makes a lot more sense for ships release, and next Thursday in particular because of the anniversary thing.

I have no connection to the swgoh team, however, if I were a betting man

:ocelot: tuesday :ocelot:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
The servers were down a for a while, and when they came up we got a mail that we would be getting another 150K raid tickets when the guild leader logs in, so I kicked off a t5 rancor to use up the tickets we do have right now so they don't go to waste. Do whatever you want with it, but please try to keep it up for a few hours I guess.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

two_step posted:

The servers were down a for a while, and when they came up we got a mail that we would be getting another 150K raid tickets when the guild leader logs in, so I kicked off a t5 rancor to use up the tickets we do have right now so they don't go to waste. Do whatever you want with it, but please try to keep it up for a few hours I guess.

Hughlander please log in so we can start a raid.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Hughlander please log in so we can start a raid.

Sorry was out. Logging in now.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

I also like running EP, Daka, RG, +2 DPS for tons of stun.

EP, Daka, TIE Pilot, RG, Snowtrooper.

Enemy teams don't even get to take one turn most of the time.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just hit level 83 and got a big popup going "Level up your fleet commanders!" with Ackbar, Tarkin and Windu on it. Nothing further from it, but it's.. there? Did they intend for it to show up so soon?

I assume it'll be that they are the "Leader" of the group in their Capital ship (Ackbar had a Moncal behind him, Tarkin an ISD and Windu one of the Clone Wars ships) and then a squadron? Like for Ackbar, Wedge, Biggs, Luke(?) for Red Squadron? Maybe Han?

No clue what Tarkin'll get. Tie Fighter Pilot and Vader? Boba Fett? Emperor Palpatine on a space scooter?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 17, 2016

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
They announced the fleet commanders a couple of weeks back. Supposition at the moment is that Ackbar will buff Rebels, Tarkin Imperials and Windu Jedi (and maybe clones?) Not much information about how any of it is going to work though.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Just take the entire game, then double it. I think that's what we're going to get with ships.

Ships Arena

Ships Galactic War

Ships Raids

Ship Gear

Ship Time needed to play the game

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Aadoniel posted:

Just take the entire game, then double it. I think that's what we're going to get with ships.

Ships Arena

Ships Galactic War

Ships Raids

Ship Gear

All of that, but using cantina energy!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Node 9 of GW today was... EP (lead), RG, QGJ, JKA, Lando.

For the record, this is why I hate GW.

To add insult to injury, my node 12 was also not a chump squad, so I couldn't finish it today. Node 9 took all of my reserves to get past so I could preserve my a-team for node 11.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aadoniel posted:

Ships Arena

Ships Galactic War

Ships Raids

Ship Gear

I ship Tarkin and Daka.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

So, purely through bronziums and free GW shards, I've got a Jedi Guardian at five stars, 18/85. Should I farm her the rest of the way? I know she's terrible, but I'd only be farming a little bit for her.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

So, purely through bronziums and free GW shards, I've got a Jedi Guardian at five stars, 18/85. Should I farm her the rest of the way? I know she's terrible, but I'd only be farming a little bit for her.

No, he's terrible.

He was the last of my 7 stars to get raised to 80 and I still regret it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hell no. You can always get her later if, by some miracle, they rework her.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

EP, Daka, TIE Pilot, RG, Snowtrooper.

Enemy teams don't even get to take one turn most of the time.

That sounds pretty fantastic, need to work on my TFP and Snowtrooper (he's like level 70 6*).

Chilichimp posted:

No, he's terrible.

She, and she's now easily the worst hero in the game now that Ugnaught has a use in AAT. Also, unless you have something you need right now, you should save your resources.

Aadoniel posted:

Ships Arena

Ships Galactic War

Ships Raids

Ship Gear

Yeah. This sounds terrifying, but I am going to see how it goes. They've done mostly well with their last few content patches.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yeah. This sounds terrifying, but I am going to see how it goes. They've done mostly well with their last few content patches.

About time they ruined it, clearly. Individual ship parts bought from Arena, Cantina and GW. Millions of credits to build. Then you need more to upgrade it!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Hell no. You can always get her later if, by some miracle, they rework her.

Chilichimp posted:

No, he's terrible.

Basically my thought as well. The only reason I was torn was because I only need a few shards left. I'll leave her to random bronziums then. Thanks!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

That sounds pretty fantastic, need to work on my TFP and Snowtrooper (he's like level 70 6*).

She, and she's now easily the worst hero in the game now that Ugnaught has a use in AAT. Also, unless you have something you need right now, you should save your resources.

Jedi Consular?

That's a dude with a beard.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Jedi Consular?

That's a dude with a beard.

Jedi Guardian, as in Jedi Knight Guardian.

Jedi Consular is also a regrettable decision, but actually has value, as opposed to JKG, who has none. Back when there were very few Jedi worth leveling up, JC was worth it to get Yoda.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I wish ships was just a separate thing. This game is already bloated

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Jedi Consular is also a regrettable decision, but actually has value, as opposed to JKG, who has none. Back when there were very few Jedi worth leveling up, JC was worth it to get Yoda.

Oh, yeah, gently caress Jedi Knight Guardian.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What the hell is Jedi Knight Guardian anyway? Some weird humanoid mouse? Is that the same race as Manny Bothans?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

What the hell is Jedi Knight Guardian anyway? Some weird humanoid mouse? Is that the same race as Manny Bothans?

lol Manny Bothans? Can't believe I've never encountered that before.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

She's a Cathar, iirc. It's a character from The Old Republic MMO if I had to guess. Although no such character exists, but nor does Jedi Guardian. Just generic class / race combo from it?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

lol Manny Bothans? Can't believe I've never encountered that before.

He died to get the info for Death Star 2

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I sent Bothans to get me coffee once.

All dead.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I use JC in GW sometimes after a bad node 6 or 9 in a Jedi healing team if QGJ or Rey got hurt.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
GW has been really weird for me lately, I seem to alternate between an easy node 12 and a hard one, despite making no changes to my top level guys.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

UmOk posted:

She's Zygerrian. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zygerrian

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Reddit has a giant data dump from the latest update, tons of info about ships in there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJQ2FYduC3sS-J4bxt6VXZ3tpgRLEq-L1gqycjChcjg/edit?usp=drive_web

Summary from a dude on reddit:

quote:

So, it's everything we currently have in the game, but with ships.

Daily Challenges, Fleet Battle Arena, new Daily Activity requirements, new ability material ZETA (looks like they're probably required to increase abilities on characters and ships post 80, so ships become "required" to play the rest of the game).

Lots of ships to acquire (eventually): there are achievements like the light/dark character collecting ones, but for ships. Collect 20 dark, collect 20 light ships etc.

I'll say one thing, it's a massive addition to the game.. but the potential time requirements are worrying.

EDIT: further trawling through the data dump:

There's a tutorial that rewards the first ships.
can acquire shards for characters from ship battles.
Character power affects ship power.
Fleet commander stars affect how many reinforcements you can add to the battle.
There appears to be a new shipments store for ship stuff.
Blueprints are the ship equivalent of character shards
ships can be "enhanced" and "promoted" ( 1 - 7 stars) and they appear to have gear.
ships have crews and astromechs...
new chromiums: Fleet Data Cards
starter ship blueprint bundles (like the character packs)

Another useful post, the list of the pilots mentioned in the data dump:

quote:

Resistance Pilot
First Order Tie Pilot
Tie Fighter Pilot
Ahsoka Tano
Jedi Knight Anakin
Plo Koon
Yoda
Jedi Consular
Rex
Clone Sergeant Phase One
Boba Fett
Geonosian Soldier
Bistan
Biggs
Wedge
Darth Maul
Cad Bane
Poe
Nute Gunray
Kylo Ren
Sun Fac (rolls eyes)
Geonosian Spy
Note: The Millenium Falcon in the data is tagged "Episode 7 Millenium Falcon," and as such, will likely have Rey as the pilot.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Nute Gunray as a pilot. Is his ship a gigantic spacestation or some poo poo? That'd rule.

Massive time sink doesn't sound good. Doubling down on the game, eeeeeh.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah it just sounds like double the farming to me. Yay :toot:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Where the hell is Vader'a tie fighter? Watch that be achievement unlocked as well.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

This can all turn out well if they add Thrawn in as a Dark Side Fleet Commander.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Nute Gunray as a pilot. Is his ship a gigantic spacestation or some poo poo? That'd rule.

Massive time sink doesn't sound good. Doubling down on the game, eeeeeh.

His mention is tiny, and it looks like it might be a clue that he is an upcoming fleet commander:
NUTEGUNRAY_CAPITALSHIP_BUFF_TOAST RUTHLESS EFFICIENCY

The other 2 mentions of CAPITALSHIP are for ackbar and Tarkin's fleet commander ships. Oddly, there is no entry of that kind for Mace's ship, but there are other mentions of him, so I am sure he is coming, perhaps they were originally planning on Nute? Or maybe they are going to make a fleet commander for every faction and he is going to be the scoundrel one?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Double?

What makes you think the currencies won't directly compete?

Also, yeah, Nute Gunray as a Droid Ship Commander makes a lot of sense.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 17, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

iGestalt posted:

This can all turn out well if they add Thrawn in as a Dark Side Fleet Commander.

Is he cool and awesome? I've never heard of him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

mushroom_spore posted:

She's Zygerrianan elf.

I think that's what you meant to say.

Chilichimp posted:

Double?

What makes you think the currencies won't directly compete?

Yeah, I think the currencies will compete. A better way to put it is that you have twice as much to farm, not that you need to spend twice as much time farming.

Dr. Venture posted:

Is he cool and awesome? I've never heard of him.

Go read the Thrawn Trilogy (AKA Heir to the Empire) by Timothy Zahn. It's not just a good Star Wars series, it's a really, really good series. It follows the main characters from 4/5/6 a few years after the end of 6. Grand Admiral Thrawn is the last of the Grand Admirals, a special class of Admiral, and the only alien to ever receive the title "Grand Admiral."

Also, (although I haven't watched this season of Rebels at all), he's in Season 3 of Rebels, so back in the Star Wars canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Thrawn books are really really good, no bullshit.

And while we're on the subject of books read Shatterpoint. Mace owns and that book is the reason.