Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Grondoth posted:

I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE HOW STUPID THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN WAS

SHE PLAYED CHICKEN WITH TRUMP IN MICHIGAN, LIKE LITERALLY, THEY DIDN'T PUT RESOURCES THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE BLUFFING HIM TO THINK IT WASN'T GONNA BE VULNERABLE

NOW WE HAVE TO CLEAN UP HER BULLSHIT MESS I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

SHE PLAYED CHICKEN WITH TRUMP IN MICHIGAN, LIKE LITERALLY, THEY DIDN'T PUT RESOURCES THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE BLUFFING HIM TO THINK IT WASN'T GONNA BE VULNERABLE

Stay exactly this mad for as long as you possibly can, love u, hail satan

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

crazy cloud posted:

Stay exactly this mad for as long as you possibly can, love u, hail satan

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Grondoth posted:

:same:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

It's a good thing he's actually a shared consciousness among 9 goblin-like bodies, so one of the non-amputees could be chief of staff, then

One of his party members rolled a bunch of successive 20's, and the DM very generously gave everyone in the party an equal share of XP.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

loquacius posted:

Honestly probably Russia. By the time we get to that point in the cycle Trump won't be president anymore, remember

We should take seriously the failure of the Second International to prevent the First World War. We could prevent our own engagement in idiotic European ethno-wars or a war with Russia if we started general strikes and stoked mass mutiny in the military. The Executive Branch only has such sweeping imperial powers because we allow it to.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the whole campaign we were laughing about how inept and dysfunctional the Trump campaign appeared

and then this stuff about the Clinton camp just keeps coming out Jesus Christ

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Grondoth posted:

:same:

I'm not sure whether we should try and reform the Dems, or start a new party. The Dems are already established and have money behind them, which a new party wouldn't have, but it's also nearly impossible to break into and push for change in due to exactly the "age 80" problems just mentioned. On the other hand, a new party can actually start from scratch and take advantage of new, internet/social-media based technology to be even more pervasive and accessible than the Dems, which would be a huuuuuuuuuuuge advantage.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Clinton visited and spent more money on TV ads in Nebraska than Wisconsin.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

They're just covering up their incompetence by saying "We totally meant to do that!"

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Readings were nominal/along with the rest until august/sept.

Unless there was a huge event that basically would accelerate things it's most likely bad data.

Its not bad data, http://www.thearcticsounder.com/article/1645barrow_sees_warmest_october_on_record Its actually, very, very warm. Hell, I normally got halloween candy by walking on the lagoons to get across town, this year they arn't even frozen yet.

Where my mom is, it just snowed this week for the first time in Nome. poo poo is hosed. Quit hiding your head in the sand, and face reality.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

They're just covering up their incompetence by saying "We totally meant to do that!"

Yeah, save your hatred for all the clueless neolibs that are trying to revise this historic failure, and pretend there's nothing wrong with their ideology or process.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Clinton visited and spent more money on TV ads in Nebraska than Wisconsin.

She bought ads in Arkansas to score that sweet 33% of the vote

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I don't think it's age as much as it is how much money do you have in the stock market and how much can you give to our "reelection" efforts

Right now, at this moment, in your community, there's a room full of people complaining that the speed limits are too high, the airport is too loud, and that there are too many kids at the library. One of them is a democrat in your state's legislature.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fullhouse posted:

the whole campaign we were laughing about how inept and dysfunctional the Trump campaign appeared

and then this stuff about the Clinton camp just keeps coming out Jesus Christ

Tbf, we weren't wrong to laugh about how inept and dysfunctional the Trump campaign was. We were just wrong to, you know...feel at all secure that Clinton's campaign was any better.:ughh:

The good news is, there's so much that the Dems can do moving forward to do substantially better in 2020, whereas I don't think the GOP can continue to win with this coalition without someone like Trump at the head of it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lord of Pie posted:

She bought ads in Arkansas to score that sweet 33% of the vote

Why would you put Dem money into Arkansas and not Wisconsin or Michigan. Why. What the gently caress.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Majorian posted:

Tbf, we weren't wrong to laugh about how inept and dysfunctional the Trump campaign was. We were just wrong to, you know...feel at all secure that Clinton's campaign was any better.:ughh:

The good news is, there's so much that the Dems can do moving forward to do substantially better in 2020, whereas I don't think the GOP can continue to win with this coalition without someone like Trump at the head of it.

We need to stop the bleeding in 2018, don't focus on 2020 yet. Midterm turnout is key.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Pollyanna posted:

Why would you put Dem money into Arkansas and not Wisconsin or Michigan. Why. What the gently caress.

blue texas and georgia is totally gonna happen guys

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Wanna see a goddamn funny joke

http://bronxdems.org/new/events/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

We need to stop the bleeding in 2018, don't focus on 2020 yet. Midterm turnout is key.

:agreed: 2020 just has much bigger potential gains for the Dems, given the electoral map, unfortunately.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

They thought they could run up the score and make it an utter landslide.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Majorian posted:

Except for all those wins in congress and at the state level.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Where my mom is, it just snowed this week for the first time in Nome. poo poo is hosed. Quit hiding your head in the sand, and face reality.

Don't assume I don't think global climate change isn't an issue.

Don't also tell me to obey drastically different statistics for this year compared to the statistical average the prior years had.
This years readings from aug-sept and beyond are a total outlier and must be studied without assuming the sky is falling.

If you understood those readings, if those readings are 100% accurate it's more of an issue than even you think.

It's more likely it's bad data due to some issue that happened with the equipment in Aug-Sept, but the cause should be determined accurately first.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Nov 17, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/799312433659584512
agreed

also, if you're going to be angry at the clinton campaign, at least try to channel that anger into something constructive instead of just constantly raging impotently

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Its not bad data, http://www.thearcticsounder.com/article/1645barrow_sees_warmest_october_on_record Its actually, very, very warm. Hell, I normally got halloween candy by walking on the lagoons to get across town, this year they arn't even frozen yet.

You're really dumb, aren't you?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

quote:

Join Your Town or Ward Committee
Our Democratic Town and Ward Committees (DTCs/DCCs) are the lifeblood of the Democratic Party. DTCs and DCCs are responsible for organizing Democrats in their communities. Each committee has its own chair, and this is the best person to contact if you are interested in joining. Any registered Democrat can join their local committee. Find your Town or Ward Chair here!

http://www.massdems.org/index.php/your-party/town-and-ward-committees

Reminder: If you're in Massachusetts, this list should be your first stop for getting involved, and the existence of this list is a big part of why I said the MA Dems have their poo poo together even though the website does need to be updated.

It's literally a list of contact info for all the Dem orgs in the state.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
People really should see this page

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Start adding poison pills to every bill to slow stuff down.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

The Vinja Ninja posted:

:chloe:

It's warm out =/= global warming

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AngryBooch posted:

It's not enough to just turn out. We have to primary the leadership that got us into this mess.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Start adding poison pills to every bill to slow stuff down.

I assume this is actually going to be the Republican tactic to stave off the 'support Trump on good poo poo and fight him on bad poo poo' plan some Democrats are suggesting.

Expect the 2016 Infrastructure And Also Muslim Concentration Camps Act and the Paid Maternity Leave For All P.S. gently caress Medicare Act.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/799312433659584512
agreed

also, if you're going to be angry at the clinton campaign, at least try to channel that anger into something constructive instead of just constantly raging impotently

Everything and everyone raging on this forum was impotent unless you're going to actually tell yourself donations were genuine activism. The point of raging is to ensure we never allow such a route again. Hillary really was the smug liberal bullshit meme, because it went beyond hubris, many of these decisions were Bush level incompetence.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GlyphGryph posted:

http://www.massdems.org/index.php/your-party/town-and-ward-committees

Reminder: If you're in Massachusetts, this list should be your first stop for getting involved, and the existence of this list is a big part of why I said the MA Dems have their poo poo together even though the website does need to be updated.

It's literally a list of contact info for all the Dem orgs in the state.

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/Ward-and-Town-Committee-brochure-2016.pdf

:cripes:

Does it matter which ward I go to, depending on where I live?

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not enough to just turn out. We have to primary the leadership that got us into this mess.

Only if the leadership doesn't actually learn anything from this catastrophe, which I'll admit is a distinct possibility.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm happy with Dems at least engaging one another as to either implementing full communism now or later

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Grondoth posted:

Wanna see a goddamn funny joke

http://bronxdems.org/new/events/

Last tweet- 8 days ago

:sad:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nonsense posted:

I'm happy with Dems at least engaging one another as to either implementing full communism now or later

I vote sooner rather than later.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also activists and lefties in the UK have been trying to get rid of First Past The Post for decades :smith:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

Lol if there's anything left to govern after the Trumpocalypse

Fify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

Yeah it seems like the local level democratic party is non-existent here in Kentucky too.

I've sent messages to the state chair (Sannie Overly) and the info@kentuckydemocrats.com and haven't gotten so much as a form reply. It's not hard to see why Kentucky Democrats are getting poo poo stomped in this state if leadership can't be hosed to respond to legitimate inquiries into local and state level politics.

• Locked thread