Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I decided to replay Sky FC and thought I might as well reread Cake Attack's LP while doing so and while I was reading the front page of it, I realized Cake Attack said they'd LP SC after it came out, that hasnt happened so I'd like to know if that plan fell through due to the delays?

Just in case, I'd like to thank Reallypants for his LP of SC as well, I just prefer more personal LP styles full of trivia and jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I fell out of the LP scene after doing FC and don't follow the forum anymore. combined with graduating uni and getting a full time job it just wasn't something that was going to happen so I was glad really pants ended up doing it insteaf

I appreciate that you enjoyed it enough to wish I'd done both though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I fell out of the LP scene after doing FC
then die!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What worth a man if he gains the world but loses his LP?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Cake Attack posted:

I fell out of the LP scene after doing FC and don't follow the forum anymore. combined with graduating uni and getting a full time job it just wasn't something that was going to happen so I was glad really pants ended up doing it insteaf

I appreciate that you enjoyed it enough to wish I'd done both though

Welp, Atleast I got an answer. Thanks for FC, you played it alot better than I did before, time to talk to all the NPCs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What exactly is the requirement for unlocking sections of the Memories menu, because getting each character's trophy is apparently not enough.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Really Pants posted:

What exactly is the requirement for unlocking sections of the Memories menu, because getting each character's trophy is apparently not enough.

Apparantly, the memories are unlocked after you do that characters final bonding event and then save the game afterwards. (you can use a separate save file then jump right back to the evening after Thors' liberation and pick someone else) You won't get a star before the characters' names unless you actually finish the game with them as your chosen character, which requires a dozen of playthroughs, but unlocking the memories itself is thankfully easier.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like the difficulty in Cold Steel 2 is often feast or famine, based mostly about whether I'm able to stun lock a boss with AT Delay. If I can, it's Platinum Shield/Crescent Shell to high heaven and *yawn*. Otherwise it's a lot of ohfuckohfuckhealhealFUCKnowreanisconfusedfuck.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Man bonus AP vs Altina/BB compared to vs Xeno/Leo was like night and day. Struggled to get it against Xeno and Leo but BB and Altina died in like 10 turns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

Man bonus AP vs Altina/BB compared to vs Xeno/Leo was like night and day. Struggled to get it against Xeno and Leo but BB and Altina died in like 10 turns

joke's on you, if you let BB live for a long time he summons minions that you can kill in one s-craft and get an insane amount of exp off of

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also here's alisa in kiseki 3.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

joke's on you, if you let BB live for a long time he summons minions that you can kill in one s-craft and get an insane amount of exp off of

he did that on his 2nd turn and I killed them all right after!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

also here's alisa in kiseki 3.

Anything relevant in the text?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Finished Cold Steel yesterday and it was good. FFXV gonna feel lame after playing through CS 1 and 2 this year. Was able to coast through the majority of the endgame on Laura's ability to one shot or at least severely damage everything in a single hit, and if she didn't kill it Emma is right behind her casting clam solar. Wish I could just have a 2 member party with just them to see how far I can get.

I took off 85% of the final bosses hp with Laura's s-craft on a crit turn with the noble command buff. She's the best why isn't she the main character.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure the gist of the text is just more info coming December 8th

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OddObserver posted:

'there will be more news december 8th'

all the other text is about ys, xanadu, and sky 3rd evo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Overbite posted:

Wish I could just have a 2 member party with just them to see how far I can get.

You could sort of do this if the other two get KO'd and you never bother to revive them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Instructor Thomas is fantastic. That is all.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

OddObserver posted:

Just looks like a promo to receive a free 2017 calendar featuring Ys, Tokyo Xanadu and the Kiseki series. Offer starts 12/8, finishes when they run out.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Overbite posted:

I took off 85% of the final bosses hp with Laura's s-craft on a crit turn with the noble command buff. She's the best why isn't she the main character.

:agreed:

when's trails of blue steel featuring laura s. arseid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rean and Laura are basically identical already

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

people stared hard at that scan and figured out that she's standing in front of the crossbell bracer guild

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 25, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lets hang out posted:

people stared hard at that scan and figured out that she's standing in front of the crossbell bracer guild

Well, it is drat near impossible for Crossbell to not show up in this.

Time's ticking for Zero/Ao to get translated, I guess.

"Do this series first, guys, it's a new starting point where you don't really need the previous series!"

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Well, it is drat near impossible for Crossbell to not show up in this.

Time's ticking for Zero/Ao to get translated, I guess.

"Do this series first, guys, it's a new starting point where you don't really need the previous series!"

To be fair, the PS3 and Vita are almost dead systems so getting Cold Steel 1 and 2 out was a smart move. Cold Steel 3 they can afford to tarry a bit longer as it's coming out for the PS4 and that system won't die off anytime soon.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

lets hang out posted:

Interesting, that Tokyo Xanadu ad says the demo is 4K compatible but the full version isn't patched yet or anything. Just loaded it up, still looks very 1080p to me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is it not possible to change EX Spheres in the CS2 Epilogue?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

spoiler, you don't need to.

i think it does eventually let you do it again anyway though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Is it not possible to change EX Spheres in the CS2 Epilogue?

Once you're about halfway through the final dungeon or so, George will call you to say "Hey you can change orbs at that thing by the elevator now."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah that happened not too long after posting that.

Annnnnnnnd beaten. Game was good. It wears out its welcome a bit but I'd still call it a generally good ending. I'll have to take some time to collect my overall thoughts and edit them in.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 27, 2016

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I don't think the following picture from 3rd was ever posted here.

It shows off a little gimmick that was introduced in 3rd, namely a fifth party member who's on support duty.

And apparantly progress is going well and they're still on track for a spring release next year.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy moly, those HP values.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm given to understand that the levels in Sky 3rd get up into the hundreds, so those HP values don't seem that insane, given that I broke 10K towards the end of SC.

Cold Steel also gets up towards 15K towards the end.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hard to get phased by that after Cold Steel 2, where with Artemis' Tear I'd have guys breaking 40k.

I don't have too many opinions upon reflection that differ from my assessment in the RPG thread on Cold Steel. Basically I feel that Cold Steel as a franchise works best as a vehicle for its cast (which is very good, minus maybe Rean being a bit boring) and elaborating upon the Zemuria world. I desperately want to play the Crossbell games at this point, far more than when I finished SC. Its biggest fault is that the pacing and general story structure at times isn't as tight as it could have been; the epilogue in CS2 is largely superfluous even though the Crossbell segment with Lloyd was rad. By far my favorite part of both games was Act 2 of CS2 where the world opens up a bit and you're just traversing around recruiting people. CS2 is also notable in somehow making Millium actually kind of a compelling character, so good on it after how little I used her in CS1.

While it was no surprise that Osborne was still alive, I can't see I saw the Rean connection coming into play there and all in all I have to say that was a neat twist. And with the way CS2 ends in general it along with everything else paints the entire Erebonia situation in a million shades of gray.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah 3rd just picks up level wise where SC left off so the range ends up being like 90 through 150

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
To me CS2 suffered from the same pacing problems as SC near the end. I had to put some time between finishing the Infernal Castle, finishing the Geofront and finishing Reveries because going between dungeons like that so quickly wears at the end of a long game.

The plot didn't feel badly paced to me--neither in SC nor CS2--but the gameplay certainly was. Reveries was the smallest offender if only because the mirrors made it more like a small fanservice area where you didn't have to try too hard and instead got to enjoy characters more broken than anything you can do on NG at least. Infernal Castle was just really long and Geofront was artificially lengthened on NG nightmare due to needing to grind for drops.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm definitely going to need to grab those mirrors on my second playthrough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

I'm definitely going to need to grab those mirrors on my second playthrough.

They're pretty fun but utterly wreck what little difficulty the final dungeon might have had. Crow and Vita probably can solo the place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it sucks that you can't use the mirrors on newgame+, only in the one specific dungeon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

They're pretty fun but utterly wreck what little difficulty the final dungeon might have had. Crow and Vita probably can solo the place.

I'm pretty sure Crow comes with an ice crown/grail locket combo given that he gains sp at a ridiculous rate and i've never seen him suffer a status effect so yeah he's basically unstoppable

Vita can be outdone pretty easily though, but she's still real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Turning Jusis into a CP battery via Force/Gladiator Belt has been pretty great, but now I'm not sure what to do with Alisa as everyone has outpaced her in all categories to the point where it's getting hard to know what to do with her. Maybe an item buffer with Moebius? That used to be Fie's role but I was thinking of sticking Falco on her permanently to get her Evade up to 100%.

late for this party but Alisa was basically my endgame MVP, give her Calamity and Hades and she's fast enough to just annihilate everything including the rear end in a top hat bazillion hp chest bosses in the last areas.

though I guess that's not difficult since endgame difficulty is basically a joke, outside of nightmare I assume. They just offload so much overpowered poo poo on you all at once if you've been doing everything. I hope Mcburn enjoyed his 2 whole turns.

Also Murakumo is a great fit for Fie, at level 5 it gives +10% evasion which is enough to bump her up to 100, put Wrath on and she'll make everything regret attacking her.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 29, 2016