Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Elfgames posted:

ok but get this toriyama comes from a pretty misogynistic culture that has certain stereotypes about women and mothers and this poo poo was written in the 80's and 90's.

I didn't know Toriyama was brought up in America.

(it was acceptable in the 80s was a song for a reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Apperantly it's acceptable even now so gently caress it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, only since last week.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Crazy how in the same week we had someone other than Goku beat the big bad guy and western civilization entered its final days. Coincidence???

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Crazy how in the same week we had someone other than Goku beat the big bad guy and western civilization entered its final days. Coincidence???

Goku beat the big bad guy in 2 out of the 4 arcs in DBZ. 1 out of the 4 if you include Frieza technically surviving.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I would like to remind everyone here that in the entirety of DBSuper, Goku has not actually beaten a single arc villain.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

I would like to remind everyone here that in the entirety of DBSuper, Goku has not actually beaten a single arc villain.

He beat Frieza

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

He made friends with Hit, thats how Goku beats like 90% of villains.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I made this for an avatar awhile ago, but I forgot about it. Somebody else can grab it if they want it:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hjalmar posted:

The leftists are upset but their rioting is hardly going to bring down America, let alone western civilisation.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

The leftists are upset but their rioting is hardly going to bring down America, let alone western civilisation.

Pilaf is paying them to protest

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agoat posted:

Pilaf is paying them to protest

I think its time for a Pilaf administration.

How many times has Earth been destroyed under the administration of Dog King? Illegal aliens are coming to Earth every day, and taking the martial arts prizes that should rightfully belong to Earthlings. Enough is enough! Emperor Pilaf will build a force shield that will stop all illegal pod landings on Earth forever, vote Pilaf!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 17, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

build that spacewall

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do we have any indication of where Pilaf's resources came from anyway? Before Goku & Co. showed up, he seemed to have a pretty swanky base. Hell, he could have used the flying fortress that he let Piccolo take over to raid small villages and still make out like a king. Why bother with the Dragonballs?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Goku beat the big bad guy in 2 out of the 4 arcs in DBZ. 1 out of the 4 if you include Frieza technically surviving.

Who is the 2nd guy again? He got beat by Vegeta and Cell. Didn't manage to do anything against Buu in SSJ3, couldn't gather energy for a spirit bomb by himself and even once Satan helped and everyone chipped in their energy he couldn't finish Buu off without the dragon balls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mmkay posted:

Who is the 2nd guy again? He got beat by Vegeta and Cell. Didn't manage to do anything against Buu in SSJ3, couldn't gather energy for a spirit bomb by himself and even once Satan helped and everyone chipped in their energy he couldn't finish Buu off without the dragon balls.

He still beat Buu, regardless of how much help he has. Nobody is going "Trunks didn't beat Zamasu" for example.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Technically Hercule beat Buu. Or well, allowed Goku to beat Buu. Which Goku would have not done if Hercule hadn't stepped in as and when he did.

Depends who you want to give the credit. But really Toriyama framed it that way to allow most people to feel satisfied in a way they didn't with the Cell saga. Except Gohan fans. He screwed the pooch on that one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Do we have any indication of where Pilaf's resources came from anyway?

Taxes? He is an emperor after all. This is why he gets poorer and more desperate after Goku smashes up his palace (and kills all of his citizens).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rutibex posted:

Taxes? He is an emperor after all. This is why he gets poorer and more desperate after Goku smashes up his palace (and kills all of his citizens).

Did he have subjects though? Mai and Shu were hired from a newspaper ad.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

I think its time for a Pilaf administration.

How many times has Earth been destroyed under the administration of Dog King? Illegal aliens are coming to Earth every day, and taking the martial arts prizes that should rightfully belong to Earthlings. Enough is enough! Emperor Pilaf will build a force shield that will stop all illegal pod landings on Earth forever, vote Pilaf!

Yeah, but Dog King's policy of not letting anyone handle the Dragon Balls except for that blue haired chick at Capsule Corps and her weird friends has ensured that every time Earth is destroyed it's all fixed up by next year. Pilaf's reckless use of the magic orange wish balls has resulted in: Frieza coming back, Trunks' terrible, awful, no good, very bad future, and, worst of all, GT. Is that who you want as emperor? The man who caused GT? Because you'll have it over my dead body, which will subsequently be brought back to life at some point in the future because death has no meaning in this universe.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Technically Hercule beat Buu. Or well, allowed Goku to beat Buu. Which Goku would have not done if Hercule hadn't stepped in as and when he did.

Depends who you want to give the credit. But really Toriyama framed it that way to allow most people to feel satisfied in a way they didn't with the Cell saga. Except Gohan fans. He screwed the pooch on that one.

In fairness "they teleport Gohan to the Kai planet and he beats Buu into a smear on the nearest cliff" was both completely an option and would have made for a much less satisfying ending to the series.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Yeah, but Dog King's policy of not letting anyone handle the Dragon Balls except for that blue haired chick at Capsule Corps and her weird friends has ensured that every time Earth is destroyed it's all fixed up by next year. Pilaf's reckless use of the magic orange wish balls has resulted in: Frieza coming back, Trunks' terrible, awful, no good, very bad future, and, worst of all, GT. Is that who you want as emperor? The man who caused GT? Because you'll have it over my dead body, which will subsequently be brought back to life at some point in the future because death has no meaning in this universe.

The radical space terrorist Frieza would not have been able to even land on Earth had Emperor Pilafs force shield been in place. In fact he would not have even come here if it was not for the illegal Saiyajins and Namekian immigrants living on Earth welfare. All Saiyajins will be deported back to planet Vegita, along anchor babies like Trunks.

Make Earth Great Again, Vote Pilaf.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That kinda falls flat when god is a namekian

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 17, 2016

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That kinda falls flat when god is a namekian

And has been a namekian for much of recorded history.

And Jesus was Middle Eastern, not like that stops anyone from being super racist in his name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sassassin posted:

Trump is gonna bring America down himself.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wish we were talking about power levels right about now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Dog King made power level talk illegal.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wish we were talking about power levels right about now

You know who likes talking about power levels? The drat Mexicans.

(fuckin' change the subject yourself, ffs, don't post about posting)

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Why didn't Zamasu just blow up the earth? It seemed to be the only planet giving him trouble and Trunks can't breath in space.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So everyone is assuming the next arc will be the big multiverse tournament, right? Or do we think there's going to be something else first?

When are Trunks and Goten going to stop being toddlers?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kelp Plankton posted:

So everyone is assuming the next arc will be the big multiverse tournament, right? Or do we think there's going to be something else first?

When are Trunks and Goten going to stop being toddlers?

Zeno is about to show up, so I think that's gonna be the cue for the multiverse tournament, yeah. Maybe they'll do a mini-arc like the Clonegeta one between this one and the tournament, but I'm guessing the next big thing is Multiverse, yeah.

Never. I'm not expecting Super to do a big enough timejump for Trunks and Goten to hit puberty until the very end, actually. I think we're gonna remain at the status quo for a while.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zelah posted:

Why didn't Zamasu just blow up the earth? It seemed to be the only planet giving him trouble and Trunks can't breath in space.

But then, where would he put his cabin?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

zelah posted:

Zamasu had too much hubris, he wanted to snuff the light out of the ningen who dared to challenge a god

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zelah posted:

Zamasu felt like NINGEN were the ones ruining and polluting things, he seemed to legitimately not want to blow up planets.

Plus ego.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

zelah posted:

He likes planets he just doesn't like sentient beings.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, Zamasu thought planets would do just fine if, y'know, they didn't have all those sapient races in it. Him trying to blow up everything was his last resort since the stupid ningens refused to die.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I find it weird that Super Buu just lit up everyone at once but Zamasu had so much trouble.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zamasu may be a villain but he is still a Kai.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agoat posted:

I find it weird that Super Buu just lit up everyone at once but Zamasu had so much trouble.

He was clearly having fun just hunting them down and was in no hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Do we know what the rules of the tournament are? Is it going to be teams or individual? Are we going to see goku v vegeta for real?

• Locked thread